The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spirit of Tartar

Go down 
+11
kevinpaw123
Kirk
yeshua
phillip_reed
delphinny
Felix_Madhouse
Hyramposey
Zosimo
auggie
trueKabbalist
NDC
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
SunWukong

Male
Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2012-08-17

Spirit of Tartar - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 8:43 pm

Oh ok I see, well, hmm, I just feel like a lot of you guys would have made it by now...I was reading the forum but on jan 2010 I was hospitalized and the meds they put me on had me brain dead for one year and a half basically... so I know I missed some stuff

but the dew process could take (i think) several months? and the alcahest from potash and lime could be made (im guessing with the day or at least the week)

The one thing I'd like to ask nick if I could is what is his take on "The matter of the stone" if there is a thread on that I have no idea where it is alien
Back to top Go down
Pray

Pray

Male
Number of posts : 251

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 9:47 pm

I remember reading Nick mention more than once this alkahest, i think he said once that he obtained the alkahest from the cream of tartar, and that this kind of distillation was not good for the glass because of the high heat needed. I havent tried it so have no practical experience to share.
Back to top Go down
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 1:36 am

SunWukong wrote:

The one thing I'd like to ask nick if I could is what is his take on "The matter of the stone" if there is a thread on that I have no idea where it is alien

What specifically are you asking? Like what kind of matter it is made of?
Back to top Go down
SunWukong

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 2:13 am

Its 1 of the 2 major secrets of the philosophers.... the matter of the stone...

they say, everywhere it can be found, both the poor and the rich have it, its the most vile thing on earth, etc... Question

its one of the secrets of the stone, if you need book references for this too I will be glad to grab them for you bounce
Back to top Go down
SunWukong

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 2:23 am

"Rosarium Philosophorum (part 1)"

that our stone is compounded of four elements, both rich and poor have it, and it is found in every place, it is likened to all things and is also compounded of body, soul and spirit and it is altered from nature into nature even to the last degree of his perfection.

Malchamech: The Stone which is necessary in this work is of a thing having life. You shall find this Stone everywhere, in plains, mountains and in waters, and both the poor and the rich have it. It is most cheap and most dear, it increaseth of flask and blood, and most precious to the man who hath it and knoweth it.

"Crasselame - The Light coming out of the Darkness"

if
the matter is unique, just like the fire? Yes, matter is unique, it is
everywhere, and the poor can have it as well as the rich. It is unknown to
everybody, and everybody has it before the eyes; it is despised like mud by
the vulgar ignorant, and is sold at a cheap price; but it is precious to
the philosopher who knows its real value.

there are more quote ESPECIALLY in the R.A.M.S.
Back to top Go down
T.P.

T.P.

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2012-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 6:33 am

SunWukong wrote:
The oil of tartar is not entirely useless. not only can it be useful but the process to create it is also very useful to understand... as it helped me understand a lot

whether its the alcahest or not is debatable... but at the same time... most if not all the terms in alchemy whether used in 1 or 2 ways

"using 1 word with many meanings" and "using many words but having one meaning"

it is to my understanding (I may be wrong) that not only were alcahest and philosophical mercury interchangeable with some people (not paracelsus because he invented it based off of the fact alkali is used) but also that all of these alchemical solvents can infact dissolve gold confused am I wrong here or what?

By the Oil of Tartar do you mean the stinky black oil produced by dry destllation? This is burned grapejuice.

Don't forget from where Tartar is coming from: Wine barrel.

Tartar is more fixed part of Wine so when someone wants to separate the principlas out of Tartar he really separates the leftover principles of Wine absorbed by Tartar during the fermentation process.

From the R+C viewpoint Universal solvent, Alkahest and Philosophical Mercury are three different types of solvents.

Universal solvent of R+C is made with the help of Spirits and Bodies of Nitre and Sea Salt. The instruction was given in third R+C degree called Practicus:

Spirit of Tartar - Page 5 Th_491601395_1_122_587lo

Alkahest is sharpened and in later stage fixed Quicksilver. (Read the Last Chapter of Golden Chain of Homer, RAMs edition)

Spirit of Tartar - Page 5 Th_491726134_2_122_125lo

Philosophical Mercury is Animated vulgar Mercury through the Regulus of Antimony amalgamated with Silver or Gold and destilled about 7 to 10 times. See Flamel's Breviary.

Other Authors have other opinions on the above mentioned 3 subjects but i am always following the yellow (Golden) road of R+C Order.
Back to top Go down
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 1:05 pm

Ah Yes Sun,

Thanks for the quotes. Trying to explain the nature of the thing we are after. Very cool subject but probably gets more philisophical than we want to get here. I would call it the Holy Spirit. Called vile because it existst in our \"philosophical dew\" and festering worms and putrified matter but precious because it is the thing that makes up our life. An energy that changes hands and and can be confined in matter and turn this matter into the first matter and all the magic that various combinations of these things can do. We will all know someday.

For now we should stick to practical processes to get us this thing and we will all learn what it is along the way. cheers
Back to top Go down
Pray

Pray

Male
Number of posts : 251

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 5:19 pm

I second that.
Back to top Go down
SunWukong

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 7:08 pm

Thank you T.P. I will search into what you posted further

BlueFloor... you might be right that it does get philosophical.. but the philosophers did hide things in there allegory, songs and tales.... i am not trying to get philosophical...i handed you quotes by your request...

i practically want this matter so i can operate on it....because it is said to be the "matter of the stone" bounce

Back to top Go down
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 10:41 pm

SunWukong,

Yes, and I thanked you for your quotes. I did not mean to sound like I was chastising you. Just meant to say that I didn't want to get into in too deeply. cheers
Back to top Go down
SunWukong

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 11:06 pm

I understand the alchemical literature is a maze bounce

i just didnt want to come across as trying to be too philosophical i was trying to correct myself and not be misunderstood, im also trying to conform to the rules
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spirit of Tartar
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5