The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spirit of Tartar

Go down 
+11
kevinpaw123
Kirk
yeshua
phillip_reed
delphinny
Felix_Madhouse
Hyramposey
Zosimo
auggie
trueKabbalist
NDC
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Spirit of Tartar - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 9:52 pm

dejan07 wrote:
Can you say Google(translator)?!

Instead of a girl just download this document in pdf or text format,copy the text per right mouseclick,go to Google translator and paste the text into the translator box... Idea

http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en

Ahh man, Your no fun.

Thanks for the link.

MO-1 king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 12:16 pm

TheFool and anyone else, Do you think it is possible to use sodium hydroxide with the lime method? Also where is a good place to get potassium bicarbonate? I have my lime.

Jamar
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 1:32 pm

For Magnus-opus1 : " I'm going to make myself very clear, I will never be your hot french girl ! "
lol!

I did my best for the translation. hope it can helps.

TARTARUS
Distillation of tartar,
by Jean Dupont-Davygnon

Tartar! Here is a beautiful subject of experimentation for the apprentice alchemist. Indeed for the person who does not fear some nauseous odors, for instance, old cold pipe, this work on the tartar is very interesting because it easily highlights the 3 principles which are the Spirit, Oil and Salt. We will let more qualified persons the care to develop the possible interest of the tartar in Alchemy… (refer to the excellent articles of association : “the Friends of Alchemy”). We will focus ourselves rather on its interest in Spagyrie, therapy, carrying out its distillation, according to the teaching of Manfred Junius and Siegfried Folz.

If one believes certain authors, it’s turned out that this strange body, semi-plant semi-mineral, would have an extremely invaluable curative capacity when one could prepare it in the form of Elixir! It would be even higher than drinkable gold (gold dyeing)!
It is initially necessary to have a tartar of quality, for example resulting from barrels of oak “bio” having contained a high quality wine in Aquitaine. Or simply some tartar… This one will be crushed coarsely. Don’t reduce it out of powder so that it does not agglomerate in a too compact body.
The composition of the tartar varies from one area to another. It contains biochemical hundreds of compounds like tartaric acid. If one purifies the tartar by solve-coagula and by creaming one obtains potassium tartrate or “cream of tartar”. The “salt of tartar” is the fixed part. It is obtained by calcination and contains especially carbonate of potassium, just like salt plant. Besides, It will be our principle SALT. This salt is very déliquescent : it attracts the moisture of the air easily and is solved in a very basic water (prudence!), the Water of the Angels; it would be a kind “of magnet”. It is also used to concentrate Spiritus Vini having already reached the 96°. Van Helmont advised us, if you don’t success in making the Philosopher's stone, volitilize the salt of tartar! An advice, alas, that was not followed enough… In any case, what a good reason to go and practice!

Distillation of the tartar
It is absolutely possible to distil the tartar in a pyrex balloon but the probablity to recover it intact is rather weak. Having for a few weeks steel retort of “Friends of alchemy” association (http://alchimie-pratique.org), it is obviously this tool which will be useful for the demonstration.
Spread out in the content of the retort the piece of tartar. One can of course put a few kilos of it, but distillation will be longer and will exceed the day. The heating will be done with gas thanks to a tripod. Heat gradually. Like any distillation, do not close the system hermetically! At the beginning only the central line of the tripod will be moving.
At the end of a certain time, a “phlegm” will make its appearance. Lead the fire so that this phlegm run out quietly, drops by drops. A blackish oil will also pass with phlegm.
As soon as phlegm seems to run dry, increase gradually fire, at this point in time will appear a whitish smoke which will invade the balloon of reception and will escape outside. Then, Change of balloon of reception. This nauseous smoke is the SPIRIT of the tartar. It is very difficult to condense it.

At this step, several options are possible:

- Manfred Junius created a “alambiqué” system where the vapors met several balloons connected to each other by long tubes of glass, to trap a maximum of Spirit.

- Jean Dubuis, in his lesson on Alkaest of tartar, proposes hermetically circuit cooled at -15°C.

- As the latter system seems unrealizable to me in full summer of Provence, I chose simplicity, i.e. a single balloon of reception which will recover what it will be able! Perhaps that the more important quantity of tartar in the retort will correct the most important losses? A probably contestable point of view!

The junction nozzle/balloon will be corvered with cotton or a lut to try to retain smoke a little. gradually some drops of spirits condense. Increase fire if the need arose, and finish “at maximum” in end of day.
It will also run out a red oil which is yellow-gilded by transparency, it is it SULPHUR of the tartar. This oil do not mix with the Spirit but floats there on its surface.
I obtain finally, after a few hours, approximately 150 ml of Spirit, which satisfies me already. But a storm being very threatening in the evening, I see a sign of the Sky there to stop the operation… and I dismantle everything before the beating rain.

The 3 Principles
Here I am in possession of the Spirit (Mercury) and the oil (Sulphur) which I transvase in a bottle to let them rest, elutriate, decant and then I separate them. The tartar which remained in the retort will be calcined in the open air, completely classically, until the light gray color in order to extract a perfectly white fixed salt from it. The Spirit will be rectified several times until obtaining a liquid yellow-clear. Yellow-red Oil has skin healing properties . One can made an ointment by mixing 3 drops in 30 ml of a neutral cream. This pure oil, penetrates very easily in the skin, like an essential oil of plant, and seem to have an energetic effect.
On the other hand it is said that this oil, like all the tar, is carcinogenic if it is absorbed by internal way!? That’s the reason certain authors push it out completely. I find this point of view rather contestable, because, even so, it is about the Sulfur principle! For my part, I chose to use it, even if it means to be careful in the consumption of the Elixir!
The white salt of the plant will be calcined with the enamelling kiln, until obtaining bluish reflections, signs of the Sulphur of Salt appearance.

Conjunction of the 3 Principles
Initial phlegm, as well as the first oil, less beautiful, will not be used.
Salt is poured into a bottle. We will soak it with a certain quantity of Sulphur. The whole thing is let digested with the sun a few days until there is a good oil absorption by salt. Then pour, little by little, a certain quantity of Spirit, such way that the mixture remains homogeneous, salt allowing the union of the 2 opposite (and nonmiscible) principles which are Oil and the Spirit. Let digest a few days braised or with the sun.

When the result appears homogeneous, pour in this mixture good Spiritus Vini, approximately the equivalent of 5/6 times the initial mixture or until filling half of the bottle. We then obtain a dark red elixir of tartar. Let digest a few days… why not 40 days?

Use
Do not use it pure ! Would be this only because of the taste! For the reasons mentioned above, it seems advisable to use it in low homeopatic dilution, by example D2 or D3, i.e. hundredth or thousandths diluted. Not to forget “to dynamize” with each dilution. Test 1 to 3 drops per day.
Properties

If one believes certain old or modern authors, the Elixir of tartar would remove all calculations and crystallizations of the body. It would thus be indicated for various rheumatisms, calculations, “encumbered” arteries. It would thus seem useful in prevention of the myocardial infarction… Let us note that ageing would be due to crystallizations and acidity… The tartar would give again also energy… united with the antimony dyeing, it would have an anti-infectious action (see the composition of the remedy “Epidemik” of Soluna).

Of course, we let the responsibility for these assertions to their authors…!

Original page: http://www.scribd.com/doc/5641907/Distillation-Alchimique-du-Tartre
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 11:49 pm

Many thanks chercheur!
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:55 am

travelingman777 wrote:
TheFool and anyone else, Do you think it is possible to use sodium hydroxide with the lime method? Also where is a good place to get potassium bicarbonate? I have my lime.

Jamar

No you can't substitute with sodium hydroxide.
And you need potassium CARBONATE not bicarbonate. There is a huge difference. One has a pH of nearly neutral, the other has a pH of 11 because it's that much more alkaline.

For comparison, Sodium bicarbonate is baking soda, and when you calcine it in the oven at high temperature, it becomes sodium carbonate, which has a much higher pH.

And you can obtain potassium carbonate from "Cream of Tatar" which is probably in your spice cabinet. You need to calcine the tartar until it's white, which can be difficult. And if you are going to do that, you may as well do the calcination in a a distillation system and condense the smoke to obtain the Alkahest of tartar that dissolves gold, as theFool as shown us.

Or you can just buy potassium carbonate off eBay for really cheap.

Every alchemist should have the 7 basic salts in their lab:

1-Ammonium Chloride - Sal Ammonica: can be used to make the stone by the dry path using sublimations with powdered chloride salts of the metals, can also be made into ammonium nitrate by dissolving it with nitre in water, and the nitre becomes potassium chloride.

2-Potassium Carbonate -Potash, Salt of Tartar: can be used to make the Alkahest with lime, and can be melted with sulfur to make a red potassium polysulfide that can be heated with powder metals to dissolve them and make the stone by a dry path

3-Tartar - Potassium bitartrate: can be used to make the Alkahest and potash

4- Nitre - Potassium Nitrate: can be used to make nitric acid, and can also be used to make the stone by another dry path

5- Alum - Potassium Aluminum Sulfate: used to make an amalgam of things which normally won't combine

6- Salt (sea salt: used to make the Alkahest with dew, used for making hydrochloric acid, and used for many other things throughout alchemy texts. It can be dissolved with other salts in water to make them into chlorides and to make itslef into another salt, like sodium nitrate when it's dissolved with ammonium nitrate))

7- Blue Vitriol - Copper Sulfate: can be used to make sulfuric acid when heated with sulfur, can be used to make the stone via Paracelsus' path. Also it should be noted that Paracelsus is the inventor of the word VITRIOL . When blue vitriol is dissolved in water, then precipitated with potash, is goes through several color changes in a 15 minute period -- light blue cyan, dark royal blue, light green, dark green, grayish green, gray, brown, dark brown, then when dried, it's like clay when still moist, then like dirt when completely dry. This is then dissolved in nitric acid and it becomes copper nitrate which dried to form blue crystals, which are then dissolved in strong vinegar and when the water is evaporated, a green oil remains which Paracelsus calls VITRIOL. This then dissolved in putrefied dew and alcohol, digested for a short time, then all the liquid distilled out to leave a green oil again, which is then digested for 40 days and goes through several color changes, ending in a beautiful red. This is then distilled to yield a red oil, and a white salt remains in the distillation flask, which is then dissolved again with the red oil and digested for a few weeks in a sand bath until it hardens into a the Stone of the 1st order. Although it's made from copper, it can be 'fermented' with gold by projecting it on molten gold to create a glass-like material which is pulverized to make the "powder of projection" that transmutes metals to gold. The red oil itself made from the Vitriol can be multiplied by simple digestions in water bath and sand bath to make it into a stone, then into an oil, back and forth, until it begins to glow by it's own light like a fiery coal or ember.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 11:09 am

I agree with Nick's response. He expalins it well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 7:21 am

TheFool, I have aquired all of the necessary tools for distillation and I wanna try this one with tartar. Can you tell me step by step how you do this. I did it four times with very little black, yellow, and red liquid that I do not know how to separate. Please help. email me at jayafelon777@yahoo.com with the instructions.

Thanks Jamar
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 1:56 am

For Magnus-opus1 : " I'm going to make myself very clear, I will never be
your hot french girl ! "

That's quite alright!! I will take the translation and be very greatful.

Thank You Sir.

MO-1 king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 3:50 am

Sorry pal but I feel I've alredy shared enough in an open forum for the time being. Check the references, all you need is there ;-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 12:51 pm

Thank you for what you have shared Sir. Cool
Back to top Go down
trueKabbalist

Male
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:07 pm

I've been reading back through my spagyric texts recently and suddenly came to the realization that potassium carbonate deliquesced as angel water is the primary agent in Paracelsus' Primum ens Melissa. Potassium carbonate may be acquired for free by leaching it from wood ash ( Robert Allen Bartlett gives a simple method of extraction in Real Alchemy)or can be purchased at any good local ceramics shop as pearl ash for a reasonable price. Useful info...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:36 am

Hi Truekabbalist,

I am already following this method "Primum Ens Melissa" and the 7 basics "easy method".

BTW, We can see a Melissa officinalis jar on the first pics of Justin thread called " Practical alchemy pics".

It would be great to hear some news from him if he is still around here .

On the other hand, I have also found many similarites with Dew/salt process and Nick's revelation about Golden Water. The same body/psychic effects (overgharging of Astral body, making astral projection much easier, rejuvinating, transmutation into gold, etc.) So I decided to go further in that direction now that I can understand it better.

So interesting ! study
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 6:53 pm

Are there any updates on the tartar alkahest?
Did it dissolve sol and did it start to putrefy and turn black (or any other color)?
I'm getting ready to buy everything I need for this (tartar) path.. But since I don't have much money right now, I do need to make sure that this path will lead to success.
I got the RAMS dvd last week and with so many recipes in there it is so easy to get lost and confused... confused

A ray of light is appreciated
Back to top Go down
auggie

Male
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: primum ens melissae supplys   Spirit of Tartar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 5:58 pm

hello folks Auggie again.. Ive been collecting supplys for the Primum Ens Melissae process.. I bought 5 lbs. of lemon balm leaf from "ediblenature" at $13.50 per lb. and 10lbs. of potassium carbonate from " the chemistry store" at $20.00 for 10lbs. I ran into a snag when i tried to order 1 gallon of 190 proof organic grape alcohol from a little Distillery in Oregon. I had to get a "class 2 " special permit from the Wash State Liquor Control board. it was easy and only cost 5 dollars .the company i ordered from was called "Alchemical solutions" .. one gallon with taxes shipping etc. cost $ 181.00 Sad ouch !!.. anyway i thought i'd let you guys know what i had to go thru to get the supplys. the laws concerning 190 proof alcohol differ with each state . i was trying to ge over the counter supplys rather then try to brew my own stuff.. take care auggie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 10:27 pm

jairo,

this alkahest will not dissolve gold but will only extract a Sulfur, as some sources imply. This quote here (from RAMS), comes close to what I have seen:

"The winestone or Tartarum was highly valued by the ancients. From it one may obtain:
- a tincture (fixed and unfixed)
- an oil (fixed and unfixed)
- and an alkahest
The alkahest is, however, not obtained by way of the tincture.
There are MANY alkahests. The alkahest from winestone is one of the most important ones, but, it is not THE alkahest.
It works extremely well and will even extract the sulphur from metals. THE alkahest (i.e., Philosophical Mercury) will completely dissolve gold. This yields the Aurum Potabile."

It is not THE alkahest. I guess it may have some medicinal values however. If someone reaches there and ingests this Sulfur, it would be nice to tell us some effects. Additionally, the oil, is rumored to have medicinal value too. Start the work, post some results and I 'll help as I can. After all, I' ve tried it only once; I really don't know where the path leads and I don't have any info from people who know more (only from books).

auggie,

that's nice you started with Ens Melissae and share with us your beginning.
Quote :
1 gallon of 190 proof organic grape alcohol
Organic, that's nice. Store bought ethanol is not the same (just for the record).
The completed tincture is said to have quite powerful effects. It contains Astral Fire collected by the deliquescence of the carbonate and passed into the alcohol at the final step. Eager to see your results, good luck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: re   Spirit of Tartar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 2:43 pm

TARTARUS
Distillation of tartar,
by Jean Dupont-Davygnon

vous avez la versionne originelle en francais?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 2:56 pm

une nuit alors que j'étais occupé dans mon livre, paru dans mes yeux fatigués de cette vision: J'ai vu un rouge crapaud boire le jus de raisin en manière rapide, jusqu'à ce que le bouillon dépassé ses viscères sont tous cassé.

The Vision of
Sir George Ripley

Filalete Ireneo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 5:01 pm

Bonsoir Melkisedek,

Si vous parlez du fichier pdf de quatre ou cinq pages, oui il existe en français à l'adresse suivante que Dejan07, membre du forum, nous a transmise :

http://www.scribd.com/doc/5641907/Distillation-Alchimique-du-Tartre

Il suffit de "Downloader" (télécharger le fichier pdf) sur votre ordinateur. Mais je ne me souviens plus s'il faut s'inscrire auparavant afin d'être en mesure d'accomplir cette action.

Bonne lecture Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 7:15 am

Ciao caro,
I've found this:
[Bacstrom in francé]

http://www.scribd.com/doc/13771094/Protocole-Alchimique-de-Bacstrom-en-Francais-

Parbleau.

Zosimo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 1:44 pm

theFool, Thank you for explaining..
So the tincture and the alkahest are two different things(?)
There is so much on the RAMS DVD i dont know where to start..
Sometimes it's even confusing because even there the alchemists still try to keep some secrets and speak in jargon.
Anyhow, when the sulphur is extracted from the gold, can it be used to make a stone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 1:13 pm

Quote :
So the tincture and the alkahest are two different things(?)
There is so much on the RAMS DVD i dont know where to start..
I propose to look "Real Alchemy", the whole chapter 12, there is a nice explanation on how to make a tincture of metal. I don't trust so much the old recipes.
Quote :
Anyhow, when the sulphur is extracted from the gold, can it be used to make a stone?
Nice question. My current opinion is that it is useful as medicine. Also, Bartlett mentions nothing about making Stone out of it.

Sorry about those empty posts, bug with my browser.
Back to top Go down
trueKabbalist

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 9:14 pm

Something I found today while reviewing my PON seminar courses I downloaded from Scribd. There is a very clear description of the alkahest of tartar nearly identical to that depicted above. I will try to copy and post it here sometime tomorrow. I have had great difficulty posting it from the format in which I currently have it as it is a read-only pdf file. Any suggestions on extracting a small piece of said file type and posting it here? I'd really like you guys to see this...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 5:44 am

Some relevant material from PON seminars, can be found online at http://www.triad-publishing.com/min_6.html. I think it is the same trueKabbalist is referring to.
Back to top Go down
trueKabbalist

Male

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 5:36 pm

Thanks, that was exactly it!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 11:44 pm

Yes, this author has THE MOST COMPLETE COURSE in Alchemy I have ever seen anywhere. All in plain english... It is a MUST HAVE for anyone who is serious about Alchemy. And it's so much more then Alchemy alone. It's a spiritual journey. His books will give clear instructions and guidence on this path.
Some of the things he talks about are also practiced in some secret orders. and then some more.
You can buy all of the ebooks from his website.
But I found these books at the place where all Pirates (hint) meet on the internet.
There you can download them for free. After downloading I brought them to a copy shop to print it and put it in binding, just like a book.

Here is what's included in the download:

Part 1 - Fundamentals
Dubuis, Jean - The Fundamentals Of Esoteric Knowledge

Part 2 - Spagyrics (Plant Alchemy)
Dubuis, Jean - Spagyrics Vol 1
Dubuis, Jean - Spagyrics Vol 2

Part 3 - Mineral Alchemy
Dubuis, Jean - Mineral Alchemy Vol 1
Dubuis, Jean - Mineral Alchemy Vol 2
Dubuis, Jean - Mineral Alchemy Vol 3
Dubuis, Jean - Mineral Alchemy Vol 4

Part 4 - Kabbalah (Qabala)
Dubuis, Jean - Qabala, The Philosophers of Nature Vol 1
Dubuis, Jean - Qabala, The Philosophers of Nature Vol 2
Dubuis, Jean - Qabala, The Philosophers of Nature Vol 3

Part 5 - Additional Material
Dubuis, Jean - The Experience of Eternity

For those who are also interested in Hermetics, Magic and Kabbala, I recomend all the books by Franz Bardon. But read Frabato The Magician first so you will understand his other books better. He also practiced Alchemy among many other things as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of Tartar   Spirit of Tartar - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spirit of Tartar
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next