The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Progress with the Zinc Acetate Process

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Progress with the Zinc Acetate Process - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Progress with the Zinc Acetate Process   Progress with the Zinc Acetate Process - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 9:16 am

delphinny wrote:
Hello brothers, I have been diligently trying to get this oil to dissolve gold, I notice some gold foil did infact break up in this oil I got, but I have never been able to get as much oil as luce7 did.
where did you find the convenient lab stand there for your hotplate? and what kind of flasks are those (in your second pic)?

Hi delphinny,

In case you didn't realize, it's not the red oil that is used to dissolve the gold. You need to get the clear aqua ardens by careful distillation...

....”saith Ripley, I will teach you a general Rule: If you would make the white Elixir, you must of necessity divide your Tincture (the Blood of the Green Lyon) into two parts, whereof one must be kept for the red Work, but the other distill’d with a gentle Fire; and you will obtain a white Water, which is our white Tincture, our Eagle, our Mercury and Virgins Milk....”

Also from "The Way of the Crucible"... "This liquid has the power to dissolve many of the metals, even gold if it is prepared in a finely divided state. By a very gentle distillation, the white wine spirit or aqua ardens will separate and come over at about 56 deg C. [...] This liquid represents the Philosophical Mercury of the metal."

That lab stand is a "LabJack"... Google it.
The flask is a custom made break-apart retort.
Back to top Go down
delphinny

delphinny

Male
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: thanks!!   Progress with the Zinc Acetate Process - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 2:04 pm

Wow., luce7 I dont even know how I missed theFool's post back there,
I am proceeding to get "Way of the Crucible" and continue to try to follow
this work and your advice immediately, thanks !!
Back to top Go down
delphinny

delphinny

Male

PostSubject: Re: Progress with the Zinc Acetate Process   Progress with the Zinc Acetate Process - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 11:35 pm

Hi luce7,
in your first post you wrote "200g granulated zinc",
Did you use zinc metal or zinc oxide?

also I am looking for those special retorts like you have, break-apart retorts are sure hard to come by..so looking to have one made myself by someone that has a glass lathe like you did!

what kind of clamps are those (in your first pic)? and are those 24/40 ground glass joints?

also, where does the pressure go ? on my distillation system I have an "exaust" tube connection to relieve pressure but you don't?? wouldn't that explode? Ahh but now I see the glass stopper at the top of the still head to let out any pressure..right?

also what kind of heating mantle is it? The one you have looks like a Glas-Col for a 500 ml flask, but the ones I found on e-bay don't have any controlers Sad

Thanks again!
Adam

Last edited by delphinny on Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:14 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
delphinny

delphinny

Male

PostSubject: Good Times!!   Progress with the Zinc Acetate Process - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 2:31 am

Hey everyone good news, I just found a glassblower in my area who said he could get my glassware fixed and make me very special alchemical glassware on his glass lathe!! hooray!
Very Happy

Hope everyone else is having as much luck as I did.

Adam
Back to top Go down
delphinny

delphinny

Male

PostSubject: Re: Progress with the Zinc Acetate Process   Progress with the Zinc Acetate Process - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 3:46 am

Update, I have abandoned this process until I can find a cheaper glassblower. Hope someone else brings this topic of discussion back to life.
Back to top Go down
bonifaesh

bonifaesh

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: glass setup   Progress with the Zinc Acetate Process - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 11:13 pm

Dear Delphinny,

It seems you have done some work with this path, which is great. Though it is quite fun to use the older alchemical glassware, you may find that the pyrex/kimax (borosilicate) glassware (even with small ground glass joint openings) will still work with the distillation. If your equipment has ground glass joints and ability to release pressure through a small valve or extra condenser outlet, it should probably do the trick. Also, at 50C there isn't always that much extra pressure once the air inside heats up and a little gas begins to be released; unless you are using higher temps which continue to cause large releases of gas, then the pressure can remain the same during the process. If you cool the receiver with ice water, it's easier to keep the pressure lower. I've done this a few times with the above mentioned type of equipment. (My gas release outlet was made by using a receiver with two openings. One of the openings was attached to the distillation vessel, the other was attached to a condenser that then led to another flask (also with multiple outlets). I had a wet cloth stuffed in the far end of the condenser to catch the fumes. I also used loose fitting stoppers on the last flask with cloths over them to catch any fumes getting out. Because I cooled both the flasks and the condenser with cold water, I didn't really need to have a gas release even with high temperatures...but that was because I was careful and checked on it regularly).
Anyway, most of the gas turns to liquid again in the receiver. Hence, you might see how some of the distillation photos don't show a lot of pressure being released through a valve.

I've gotten lots of aqua ardens in earlier distillations with simple equipment, so it is possible to do so. So, with all this info, why haven't I posted photos...well. It is also less than encouraging when fate causes my flask to break on me (and spill on the floor) because it fell off the table in a fluke accident... For some reason I felt encouraged not to work on this path further, even after I got replacement equipment. I think that now that I know that the aqua ardens is what I need I will resume work on this path, and I plan to post photos after the first run.

Many thanks to ∴N.D.C∴, Luce, and all others working on this path for sharing so much information and experience.

I hope you are all doing well,

Bill
Back to top Go down
Acalana

Acalana

Female
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2018-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Progress with the Zinc Acetate Process   Progress with the Zinc Acetate Process - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2023 10:40 am

Gold would never dissolve in this unless you added chloride and oxygen in some way u would have to add salt and a splash of hydrogen peroxide

This zinc though ( just like many elements) as it gets more and more nanoized as its clusters are parted more and more it go thru color changes. First its white as an oxide and as this gets parted it is yellow then orange then finally red yet The only element in the acetate is still zinc ofcourse

Zinc contains metallic microbes already dormant in the lattice of the metal. They are very tiny and when the metal is disaggregated the microbes are liberated and woken up if conditions are right.

The gold leaf also contain different exalted version of same microbes
If can dissolve the gold into this nanoized zinc oil then you are essentially marrying the microbes from the zinc with the exalted microbes from the gold. Gold leaf act as a seed this way.

If the marriage of the microbes is not successful or there is not enough of them or they are no longer viable then as a concentrated projection powder you will only receive a tiny quantity of new gold.
The microbes eat the base metals and using hydrogen they convert and transmute the element on a tiny scale in their tiny digestive tracts.

If they microbes are alive awake viable and concentrated they can transmute a much larger quantity in a relatively fast speed of time.

These microbes do not die in the fire they are thermophillic and they are sulfur reducing which means they breath sulfates. The microbes that create acetate are a less exalted version of themselves.
They create the conditions the metallic microbes enjoy.

Now ….

If you were to extract from ore the invisible immature gold from sulfidic ore in a liquid called a leach

A leach of acetate salt and hydrogen peroxide

And combined it with this zinc acetate oil

When reduced back to metal using a basic alkaline substance
The two substances would fuse

And thus the invisible gold will be given a body via the action of the zinc being brought back to a metallic state it will allow ion exchange to occur

And what is interesting is the fused gold will now have the same melting point as the zinc

And now that the gold has its own metallic body it can be separated from the zinc via acids.

alexbr likes this post

Back to top Go down
Acalana

Acalana

Female

PostSubject: Re: Progress with the Zinc Acetate Process   Progress with the Zinc Acetate Process - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2023 10:57 am

Last edited by Acalana on Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Acalana

Acalana

Female

PostSubject: Re: Progress with the Zinc Acetate Process   Progress with the Zinc Acetate Process - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2023 11:03 am

flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Progress with the Zinc Acetate Process   Progress with the Zinc Acetate Process - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Progress with the Zinc Acetate Process
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2