The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Armand Babault's dew process

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

Armand Babault's dew process Empty
PostSubject: Armand Babault''s dew process   Armand Babault's dew process Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 12:41 pm

I went to the library today to find the book I once read long ago, about a man who gathered morning dew and made an elixir from it. In my memory I thought he lived to be over 100, but he only lived to be 68, and we all know him well -- Armand Barbault.

Turns out the book I was looking for this whole time was the Time Life book "Secrets of the Alchemists" by the Mysteries of the Unknown book series. The very same book that got David Hudson interested in alchemy. But when I read it 10 years ago, I didn't know anything about alchemy, or Barbault. It's really a wonderful book, with lots of illustrations and detailed explanations of old alchemy works, like the "Wordless Book", and I highly recommend anyone living in America go to your local library and see if they have a copy. I was very surprised to see that Time Life books could make such a perfect alchemy book.

At the end of the book, it shows 7 photos of Barbault and his wife and son making the elixir of gold:

1. He collected his dew by dragging a canvas cloth over 50 yards of grass to obtain 1 quart of dew.

2. Photo two shows Barbault and his son wringing out the dew from the wet canvas. Barbault warns that the dew collected on the cloth must not touch the ground, or "all etheric forces will be lost". Yet he collected the dew from the ground in the first place.

3. Photo three shows father and son collecting strong young plants just before sunrise. Barbault says the plants draw greater force form the ground for the alchemist's use.

4. After the mix of plants, dew, and living earth (soil) has fermented for several months at 40°C (104°F), it is removed from the alembic, or still, for the next treatment -- incineration.

5. Once reduced to ash by incineration at 800°C (1,500°F), the material is sifted. The alchemist wears a mask, because the ash contains volatile, possibly harmful compounds.

6. Barbault slides a test tube full of the ash, dew, and powdered gold into a circular oven. This mixture is boiled for 4 hours and then cooled for 4 hours, in a cycle that is repeated 7 times.

7. Father and son examine "the liquor of Gold" filtered from the mixture that was cooked in the test tubes. When the Elixir is perfect, a symbolic Star is see floating on the surface.

I think Barbault's instincts were right on point, but he didn't know how to make this extracted liquor of gold into the stone like we do. It really seems to make a lot of sense that you would need to add actual dirt/soil to the dew during the first 40 days of fermentation, then incinerate the dirt, and redissolve it back into the dew. But Barbault skipped ahead and dissolved gold before his Alkahest was complete, which is why it took so long to dissolve the gold. He should have put incinerated ashes back in the dew and digested again in the water bath for another philosophical month, then distill the dew to separate it from the ashes, and incinerate them again, repeating this cycle 5 times until the ashes become like a clear crystalline salt, and then it is ready.

This seems to be what is left out of the Cappucine Monk's letter -- the earth/dirt/soil
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Armand Babault's dew process   Armand Babault's dew process Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 12:42 pm

And also he didn't saturate the dew with sea salt like we do.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Armand Babault's dew process   Armand Babault's dew process Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 12:45 pm

Also at the end of the book, it talks about Frater Albertus and Art Kunkin. And some of Frater Albertus' renegade students told Art not to go visit Albertus because they claimed he was a fraud and the "devil". And Art said "then I will go study alongside the devil". lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Armand Babault's dew process   Armand Babault's dew process Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 2:32 pm

Here is the video showing the Barbaults method with plants and dirt.
http://rhone-alpes-auvergne.france3.fr/emissions/cotedocs/45745858-fr.php#para52518576

Search for the video called "L'alchimie, science et mysticisme".

Unfortunately the video is in French so i don't understand anything,if someone have the transcriptions it will be nice to share it. I love you

I remember reading the Reusenstein document there was one method using the soil or dirt to make a stone and he called it one of the best in the world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Armand Babault's dew process   Armand Babault's dew process Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 4:23 pm

Hi all,

Nick when you say "but he didn't know how to make this extracted liquor of gold into the stone like we do." I have not know anyone of us to succeful make any stone... can you explain, thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Armand Babault's dew process   Armand Babault's dew process Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 1:43 pm

weird i just came across a book by armand barbault translated by robin cambell called " Gold of a thousand mornings" very interesting this is a link but there are 3 parts this is just the first search scribed for rest http://www.scribd.com/doc/13125063/gold-of-a-thousand-mornings-1-3
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Armand Babault's dew process   Armand Babault's dew process Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 1:51 pm

Oscar wrote:

Nick when you say "but he didn't know how to make this extracted liquor of gold into the stone like we do." I have not know anyone of us to succeful make any stone... can you explain, thanks!

I'm talking about the method we've been talking about on this message board the whole time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Armand Babault's dew process   Armand Babault's dew process Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Armand Babault's dew process
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lost Academy :: Alchemy :: Practical Alchemy-
Jump to: