The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GW method may be much faster and safer though

Go down 
+8
SonofSol
Kirk
Frank
Zosimo
bonifaesh
kevinpaw123
spagyricus
NDC
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-02-10

GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 1:54 pm

Hey Kevin,

It is good to see someone working. Especially you because you have a furnace ready! I think about this stuff every day but just can't work where I am right now. So good luck to you with the crystals. And remember what Nick said, just because it didnt work doesn't mean you have to change something. We may need to follow the same instructions several times before it works.
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 1:16 am

Hey guys

I've rectified the spirit 6 times so far and it looks much more pure now. Right after distilling it must be shaken vigorously as there are white crystals on the bottom that need to dissolve ( next time I'll get a photo of that ). I noticed that when shaken it goes from clear to cloudy...kinda like when you take a very cold soda and break the seal. It last for a few seconds then clears. Most noticeable right after rectifying. These next photos are the spirit calm then after a gentile shake. [img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 GW56[/img][img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 GW57[/img]
I also have a couple photos of the crystals that are still forming. The first one is with light on the side of the beaker and the second one is the light behind the mass. [img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 GW58[/img][img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 GW59[/img]
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 4:21 pm

Hey guys

A couple more photos of the crystals and one after they dried. I ground them down. I aslo took a couple photos of the spirit after I rectified the tenth time. Nick I don't recall reading about these formations. they look cross between fluffy snow and ice. They do dissolve completely if I shake the flask. Are they a good sign?[img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 GW60[/img][img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 GW61[/img][img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 GW64[/img][img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 GW62[/img][img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 GW63[/img]
With the spirit pure now I need to purify the crystals.
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:59 am

Hey guys

Here is a short video clip showing the fluffy snowy stuff when the flask is shook. At this point it has been rectified 10 times. I thought it looked kind of cool. After the fluffy stuff gets fully absorbed it no longer has this visual quality.
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 4:55 pm

Hey guys

Here is a couple photos. Two Gallons of GW that putrified for a full year. I kept it covered the whole time. The color is quite different and much more translucent than the GW that was allowed to breath. It still has produced spirit but of a very different smell...not as intense. The CM seems even more black than the former as well. The color looked the same to the naked eye. Sunlight was coming through the glass doors.
[img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 IMGP1027[/img][img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 IMGP1025[/img]
Looks kind of like a giant glass of red wine!
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male
Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 8:46 pm

Hi Kevin,
Those jars are huge, like a candy jar! The colour is very red and the liquid quite clear. I remember reading of how we can achieve 2 different outcomes
through how we keep the containers
- Breathable - very sharp to the nose, indicating acidic
- Sealed - the other kinda of dull , being alkaline

I hope I got this correct
drunken

Good luck with these works
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 9:16 pm

Kirk,

Yes I think you got it. This GW didn't have the sharp smell of the GW that was allowed to breath. I didn't test the ph of either one. If you were blind folded there would be no doubt as to which one was set before you! It's ironic. The one that breaths is the one that nearly takes ones breath away Shocked
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 11:24 pm

Dear friends,

Thank you Kirk for the pictures you posted earlier. They were very helpful! I cleaned up the crude crystals That I produced earlier this year. They are not as pure as they need to be yet, but they look much better than before. I'm letting the next batch catch up to these, then I will combine them and continue to purify them together. Here are a couple pics.

[img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 GW68[/img]

[img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 GW69[/img]
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 7:14 pm

Hi Kevin,
Nice work, those crystals really look great! The cleansing certainly purifies it all, don't be surprised at the shrinkage though, yet the reward is sastifying.
Good luck, keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 1:10 am

Hey guys,

I convinced my wife that I needed to bring my projects back into the house. I told her I need to be in close proximity to my work. The cooler compressor in the shed caused containment issues and the spirit is more fickle than ever... It boils at different temps then seems to go dormant then suddenly a flurry of boiling along with sudden pressure changes...I have lost some of the material but gained valuable experience. Good thing I started with so much raw material. When all is done, ten gallons of GW will be reduced to a total volume a little smaller than the size of a fifty cent piece if it were a sphere. Now that's shrinkage!
Back to top Go down
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 6:19 pm

Hey Kevin,

Yeah that's great that you got actual crystals forming, I didn't quite get that far. And yeah sounds like it takes alot of starting material. Good job and good luck.
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 2:29 am

Hey kirk and bluefloor,

Kirk thanks for the compliment. bluefloor you can do it... 1 gallon would be sufficient to start with I think.
Here's a couple short video clips of the 4th and 5th cycle of purifying the crystals. The second one really gives a heads up of what happens when the solution thickens. You have to turn the heat down quite a bit or else the sudden surge will blow you connections apart! That's what was happening in the shed the 1st couple times. I think I have a good handle on this part of the process now though. No more mishaps since I brought it in the house for closer observation. Hope the video format is helpful.

Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 10:44 pm

Hi Kevin,
Thanks for postings.
Now that you're in the house working. I was wondering if you are getting
much odour at this stage?
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:01 am

Kirk wrote:
Hi Kevin,
Thanks for postings.
Now that you're in the house working. I was wondering if you are getting
much odour at this stage?

Very little, nothing like in the earlier stages. The fumes that do occur now easily disperse out an exhaust fan. My wife hasn't complained yet and I have it right in the kitchen! I'm currently on the 6th purification cycle and there are much fewer impurities than what you see in the video of the 4th cycle...in fact it takes some time to see any impurities floating around in the flask, but there still are some. At this point each cycle is taking about 7 days.
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 8:52 pm

bluefloor wrote:
Hey Kevin,

Yeah that's great that you got actual crystals forming, I didn't quite get that far. And yeah sounds like it takes alot of starting material. Good job and good luck.

Do you mind my asking? What happened with your experiment? Please share.
Back to top Go down
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 10:29 pm

Hey Kevin,

I only got as far as drying the material. I watched over it closely because I wanted to learn something. I ended up using pretty high heat because what seemed like moisture kept coming off of it, while stirring in a metal coffee can. What was coming off at the higher heat was actually crystal like flakes of reflective material. When I let this material cool it hardened into like a very hard tar, mostly black, probably burned. Because of its texture it would have been imposible to make into a powder. Next time I try to dry this material, if I do this path, I would spread the material out on a metal or pyrex cookie sheet and just turn the heat on low and let it dry slowly.

I only pushed the heat because I wanted to dry completely like the instructions say. But like all atempts, I did learn things.
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 10:50 pm

bluefloor,

It's funny stuff...It never really dries when it's hot. You must let it cool before the remaining material will harden. Then you crush it into a powder as best as you can. Pour the spirit over it and digest, filter and repeat several times...You did save the spirit didn't you? Pyrex works really good. The 1st time you dry the C/M material it is pretty sticky/tary. At first you can only crush small amounts at a time. The rest does dry eventually.
Back to top Go down
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 11:25 pm

This was many months ago and I was moving so I threw everything away.
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 8:08 pm

Justin,

Nice thing about GW is it's next to impossible not to have on hand. Unless your kidneys aren't working of course Smile .
Back to top Go down
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 8:37 pm

I won't have to go far to find new material. But I cannot do alchemy work where I am right now so I am just planning and building up some money. Maybe you can succeed before me.. cheers
Back to top Go down
Thanatos

Thanatos

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-08-09

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 5:23 am

Morning golden water; seems to be the best time to collect, according to Book of Aquarius Forum.

Cheers

P.S. Why can't I spell u r i n e without it getting changed to philosophical dew?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GW method may be much faster and safer though
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4