The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Donations at Alchemy-Illuminated.com

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

Donations at Alchemy-Illuminated.com Empty
PostSubject: Donations at Alchemy-Illuminated.com   Donations at Alchemy-Illuminated.com Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 9:40 am

I was visiting a website yesterday, and they had a donation button down at the bottom, so I donated some money. It made me feel so good to give money to someone who appreciates it. So I decided to make a donation button on the bottom of my Alchemy Illuminated.com website, and already someone donated $50!

I use to be too embarrassed to put a donation button on the website, and I was afraid most people would think I don't know how to correctly make the Stone if I need donation money. But now I don't care what people think, and it might be better if they assume I don't know how to make the Stone because with all the advertising and promoting I'm doing for the book, there will be some people that shouldn't have that information.

The website itself used to be free even though it's a dot com domain name, not a sub-domain of another website. But now Microsoft is not going to renew the domain for free accounts, so I'll have to upgrade my package to a business account, which will cost $50 a month because of all the extra services they provide along with the website hosting.

When people donate, their full name shows up on my Paypal list, and the donations are indicated separately from the purchases of the book or money that is received from transactions. (A lot of people are getting the book illegally and then sending me the $6 when they read the first page) And I get to see who actually cares enough to donate at least a few bucks to help the website and the projects I'm spending so much time on.

A lot of people feel they need to give something back for all that I've given them, especially if I've helped them with email questions. So the donation button allows people a sense of relief and satisfaction. They get tired of me not accepting their gratuity in any way, and like Native American indians, they become insulted when I refuse to let them repay me in some way. lol

Also when enough money is raised from the donations, I'm eventually gonna start a monthly lottery and the winner will receive a sample of the Stone of the 1st Order. I also may do more than one drawing per month, because I'm hoping to get the Stone sent to every major country around the world, and let people prove to themselves and to sceptics that the Stone is indeed a reality, and so is transmutation.

Last edited by NDC on Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com

PostSubject: Re: Donations at Alchemy-Illuminated.com   Donations at Alchemy-Illuminated.com Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 12:55 pm

Nick, I was wondering if you would mind if I sold Alchemy e-books via email for $.50 ea. VIA paypal so I can donate all of it to your site . No Rams collection books, must have at least 1 post in the past 90 days before this post, and a minimum of 10 posts total just to receive the list. I have over 5000 files with about 2600 books in 12.2 gigs. Every penny would go to support this site and anything else you see fit. I do not have any money to donate so this is the only way I can think to help. If its OK with you let me know, if not I understand.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Donations at Alchemy-Illuminated.com   Donations at Alchemy-Illuminated.com Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 3:44 pm

Yes indeed goatz, that is OK with me. Just don't sell any of my eBooks! lol

But why do it through email? Also, email only allows 10mb for attachments, so how would you send 2.2gigs worth of data? The only logical way to do it is through a website, and then you might as well just make a Paypal donation button that automatically sends the customer to the download page after they donate.

A donation button allows the entire amount of money to be sent without paypal taking out a cut. My "Buy Now" paypal button takes anywhere from 43 to 52 cents from every $6 dollar transaction, depending on which country the person is in. That's why I made the book 6 bucks instead of only 5, because I wanted at least a consistent 5 dollars each time.

That's also why you see people use paypal donation buttons instead of the "Buy Now" button. Technically you aren't supposed to do that, and if paypal catches you selling any product, even electronic documents by using the donate button, they will cancel your account. Its all in the fine print of the terms of service you have to agree to.

Also I don't think you need to set up and register a business if you only use the donate button. To use the "But Now" button and be able to customize what page they are sent to after payment, I had to register a new business company called "Alchemia de Illumina" with my physical address and phone number. Otherwise when people click the "Buy Now" button and pay for the product, nothing happens -- they don't get redirected to a download page or anything. So you would have to email them the link, which is a very big pain since you can't download the list of people's emails who sent you a payment. You have to click on each person's transaction details one by one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Donations at Alchemy-Illuminated.com   Donations at Alchemy-Illuminated.com Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 4:27 pm

Some of these books are still copyrighted. Also most of them are under 10mb each and if they wanted a few gigs of books I'll just negotiate a fee and ship a disc of the requested books. All books will be in a zip file when sent unless on disc.

Rules:

1. Must have a post in the past 90 days
2. Must have at least 10 posts total
3. All proceeds will be donated to lost-academy.com

If you wish to request a list email me : goatz4u@hotmail.com

I also have several files not listed, so if you are looking for something specific just ask. Including a backup of this site updated today. Just in case you lose your internet or something happens to this site.

Damn those were my biggest sellers too Nick. Oh, well. LOL
Back to top Go down
Hyramposey

Hyramposey

Male
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Donations at Alchemy-Illuminated.com   Donations at Alchemy-Illuminated.com Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 1:52 am

Nick,

I think the donation idea is great! Especially now, that they are going to charge $50 a month for the website. If all of us on the forum would kick in a few bucks each month, the website charge would be a breeze! You can count on me pitching in every month! Very Happy

Thank You for sharing this wonderful info with us,

Blessings,

Hyram sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/HyramPosey
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Donations at Alchemy-Illuminated.com   Donations at Alchemy-Illuminated.com Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 11:25 am

Nick,
Thank you for YOUR "donation" for all of us.
My donation is so little!
This poor Sad , alchemist send a Merry Xmas santa to you, _, and all of our beloved Brothers and Sisters cheers.
This Solstice was and is the Sol Invictus and Sol Indiges. That means the union of hearts in The memory of our innate Solar nature and our Victory in Fortuna Maior et Minor united.
Like a Star @ heaven
Zosimo
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Donations at Alchemy-Illuminated.com   Donations at Alchemy-Illuminated.com Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 1:08 am

Zosimo,
I saw your note with your donation today. It's much appreciated, especially since only 3 people have donated anything. The other two guys were Kevin P. and David G. who I've never even heard of before. I don't think they've ever even email me before.

Of course most people on this forum use alias names for some reason (I really wish they didn't) so they could be members of this forum. Maybe most people assume buying the book was a big enough donation.

I'm surprised that nearly a thousand different unique IP addresses have visited the website this month, and less than 2% of those people bought the book. How could someone be interested in alchemy and have no desire to shell out 6 little dollars for an awesome book on making the Elixir of Life in 6 different ways?

And the ad for the youtube commercial was displayed over 1.5 million times in 1 week based on people's search words, and yet only 3,500 people clicked on it, and apparently none of those people even went to the website to buy the book.

I have over 350 subscribers to my youtube channel, so I sent each one of them an email to let them know about the book, and only about 5 or so actually bought it and thanked me.

Its pretty hard to get people to care about this book. It leaves me a little confused.

Question
Back to top Go down
david1

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: I am David G   Donations at Alchemy-Illuminated.com Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 3:36 am

Hello Nick,
It has been a few months since I logged here and on IAO (danielfreepower) but I was "called" to visit your website a few days ago, and discovered your book for sale, that I bought immediately, and just after I thought a small donation would be appreciated Smile
Your book is a new start for me, and is straight forward ! So I hope I'll have success soon.
I am still in Asia (Cambodia) on an humanitary project (drinking water filtration), and I have moved house every 2-3 months since a few years already. Not easy to make something long lasting ...
Since 5 years ago, when I took the irridescent oil from GW and others powders (like the one from Moses method), I feel that my psychic powers increase regularly, and the result being the realization of my dreams in the daily life.
I am grateful for all that you have shared with us since all these years, and I insist that without you I wouldn't be so well today.
Hope to win the monthly lottery to get some of your Stone to eat one day,
Sincerely yours,
david
Back to top Go down
http://tesla3.com
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Donations at Alchemy-Illuminated.com   Donations at Alchemy-Illuminated.com Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 6:25 am

Wow David, thanks for the 'small' donation. It was much appreciated, and the size of it makes up for some of the other people who aren't donating. And I tried my hardest to 'call' on everyone to come take a look at the website and see if it's changed. I was hoping it would really work. The site received a lot of visits, over 500 unique IP addresses per day, but only 3 donations. Imagine if each person that visited donated just 2 dollars! That would be a quick grand!

I even did a money spell with green 'money oil' fragrance evaporating in an essential oil burner, with green food coloring to tint the water the right color, and a green anointed candle burning, prosperity incense burning, a bag of money herbs spread around the green pentagram on a green sheet of glass, with a money spell written around it, and drank some 'prosperity tea' made of special herbs to top the cake. This spell usually works very well, but not with this donation thing. Maybe I just haven't given it enough time, or maybe in my mind I'm so convinced people won't donate that I'm preventing it from working?

I guess its because when I put a donation button on this website, only one person donated, but he donated so much that I had to remove the button because his donation will keep this website up and running without ads and banners until 2012. But I guess now I can put a copy of the donate button from the bottom of my website on the front page of this forum since the money is for both sites and the fulfilment of all alchemy projects in general.

I have a feeling some people might not want to donate because they misread what I wrote above the donation button, and they think they will have to enter their full name, home address, and phone number. But actually what I was saying is that Paypal shows me all that information without you knowing it. I already have all that information from everyone who bought the book. I could show up at your door step and pay you a visit tomorrow if I wanted! Or send you an unexpected Christmas present! Razz

And if you want to use a credit card with Paypal, to verify it, they make you enter your full real name and correct mailing address and phone number don't they? I remember it didn't use to be like that, but they've started changing things since people were abusing the system to use stolen credit cards.

Hackers can so easily get into to your computer (especially if it's Windows) through so many different routes, that it would scare the crap out of you if you knew all the ways. I read it in this 800 page hacker book I got for only 4 bucks at Amazon.com (and that includes shipping!) and it included a CD with a crap load of trojan hacker programs! When you see a trojan on your computer, its just a little file that doesn't seem to do anything, but on the other end, where the hacker is using the program, there is a whole graphical interactive program with buttons that say things like "download files" or "format hard disk" or "transfer virus" or even "take over target computer". The book pretends to be about network security, and the hacker programs are on there so you can test your system and see how well it stands up to brutal attacks. But it teaches you every little detail of hacking, and it has little notes throughout the book that say "HACKER ALERT!" and then explains wonderful tid-bits of info on how to hack the computer.

Basically there is absolutely nothing in the book that hasn't been covered. It literally lists all of the ports on a computer and every possible method of hacking each one, and then includes the trojan programs that hack each port. And the programs are all written in C programming language and you compile them yourself, but you get to make changes to them if you so desire to improve upon them, or customize them to your own liking and style, or even worse, to edit them so virus programs don't recognize them as trojans because they are brand new and haven't been cataloged yet. So it's impossible for someone to even know they have your trojan on there computer, and there is no program that can locate it.

Why do I have this book you ask? Because in today's modern alchemy world, you better learn how hackers can get into your computer, and learn how to protect your system. Firewalls are completely useless and are unbelievably easy to bypass. They pretty much have no purpose, especially since they can't recognize the programs that you've just created and complied yourself, since they haven't been found and sent in to the companies that catalog these trojan horses. There are many programs included on the CD to help you really secure your system and monitor the ports to make sure hackers aren't accessing your computer.

I've been attacked by many hackers, and when I read the book and learned how to check the ports, I found which ports were being used by a hacker. The book gives a complete break down of every popular trojan horse and lists what ports it uses. Since there are over 65,000 ports on your computer, its good to know which ones use what. And then the book also includes the programs for every one of these trojans it explains to you, with a screenshot of the "cool" graphical interface each one uses to hack your computer.

So I found a few ports being used by hackers, and the specific trojan horse they were using that relates to that port, like port 6969 is a common one I found being used a lot, and I was able to run a more specific search for that trojan (after first closing the port so the hacker was cut off) and I eventually found it.

But just because a port is opened by a trojan, that doesn't necessarily mean the hacker is on the other end actually attacking your computer at the moment. Your computer simply comes up on a list, and you wait in line to be hacked but the hacker, once he's done checking out the computers of his other victims who are in line before you.

The reason I got the book is because in college I'm taking a Networking class, and the book they gave us is so ridiculously boring that its impossible to absorb the information. But this hacker book has all the exact same information in it, plus lots more of course, and it makes learning this stuff actually fun. Everyone else in the class looks like they want to jump out the window from being in so much agony (its a 5 hour class). But I'm sitting there actually interested in everything the teacher is saying, because I know she's teaching us the basics of hacking, but nobody else knows that.

I'm so glad I thought of the idea of getting a hacker book to learn the fundamentals of networking, because there are so many more things to remember than you could ever think of. I can't believe there are so many ways to configure a network, and so much crap to learn about how simple information packets get sent from one place to another. And so many three letter acronyms for different network components, its a joke trying to remember them all if you don't have any interest in networking. But hacking makes it all fun. The only problem is, after you learn all this information, and you know how to hack, and you've even practiced on the virtual web server software that's included on the CD, and you've even learned how to cover your tracks, then you get really tempted to hack someone's computer or an entire website.

I found that a great deal of websites have pathetic security. Some don't even have firewalls because they're run on systems that are so old and apparently were never updated. And a lot use passwords that are standard for network security guys to use, and you can find a list of the user names and passwords that are kind of like 'defaults' that network security guys will use because they're easy to remember.

Anyway, that's enough about hacking. I just wanted to fill you guys in on the importance of learning how hackers get into to computers in case one targets your computer, looking for that secret recipe for the Philosopher's Stone. They still think its hidden somewhere on the computer of a master alchemist, when in reality, I've already written a book about it they could have if they just spent a few bucks. But God-forbid they pay for something they can hack their way to instead.
tongue

Last edited by NDC on Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Donations at Alchemy-Illuminated.com   Donations at Alchemy-Illuminated.com Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 7:16 am

Nick,
A lot of people talk about Alchemy.
Who practise real Alchemy has to do with dreaming, delusion, effort, faith, will, strife, love: something that it’s life itself but very difficult to bear for anybody in all its weight.
When everybody goes somewhere to forget delusion, stress etc., the Alchemist does otherwise: goes straight to the source of life, not only in the lab but eating, walking. Breathing.
Because the Alchemist loves life from her core and, for this very reason, is forever young.

Anybody can be a consumer, a subscriber: we are all consumers and subscribers sometimes and in some ways, of course, but the most of people trust in it.
I don’t think that any government is bad: it represent this mass of people, the “Anybodies”, and it’s involved in mass and massive questions, that are at the opposite side of Alchemy.
Some people think that being grateful is wrong, something like a sin against their freedom or individuality.
This trip of “freedom and individuality” is the superstitions of this time: don’t mind Nick.

Our Brother David1 shows us very well how the Good Will works.
How many people are there?
It’s not a matter of numbers.
You’re a man of success, Nick, like I am and our friends are, because of this Will working: it affects all the universe and all the universe work in it.
Alchemy.

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Donations at Alchemy-Illuminated.com   Donations at Alchemy-Illuminated.com Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Donations at Alchemy-Illuminated.com
Page 1 of 1