The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Harvesting the Dew

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Harvesting the Dew Empty
PostSubject: Harvesting the Dew   Harvesting the Dew Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 6:51 am

I have a question which I think is important for harvesting the dew for the third way taught by ∴N.D.C∴.

∴N.D.C∴ you say in your book "The dew can be collected using a large 8 or 16 pound bag of ice, Placed in a 5 gallon plastic bucket. You should begin the collection around 1am, and stop around 6am, or just before sunrise."

Can you tell me please if no rain should fall into the plastic bucket during harvest or if it is not important. I live in an area where it rains heavily it could be a problem for me to find a night without rain.

Otherwise it seems to me that the harvest time has always been important as the precise Canceliet in his commentary to Liber Mutus the sixth plank "To estimate the true value of what we owe ourselves, we simply declare honestly that is thanks to Liber Mutus that finally, after ten years of efforts, it is true that only equinoctial seasons, we were able to isolate the highly volatile salt . "

I also think having read the description of an experiment where a writer said to put distilled water on the light of the moon and that only in the two equinoxes a salt appeared in distilled water. (if someone at the reference?)

What do you think?

Chrysopée
Back to top Go down
yeshua

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Harvesting the Dew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harvesting the Dew   Harvesting the Dew Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:31 pm

The universal spirit is a little present in rainwater however for this process it would be hard to say. Do you ever get thunderstorms? rainwater from a thunderstorm is suppose to be the best menstrum in the world.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

Harvesting the Dew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harvesting the Dew   Harvesting the Dew Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:51 pm

I can't pretend to know what will happen if rain water gets in your dew, but I'm pretty certain that dew without rain water or any other dilution is the best way to obtain a concentrated spirit that will make a powerful salt.

The process is already frustrating enough with dew alone, so diluting it with water that might not contain anything will only make it worse. Your lucky if you are able to get enough salt from the dew, and even then, sometimes the salt has no power in it. Even though these processes are simple, just like everything in alchemy, you will most like fail several times before you get the right salt.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com

Harvesting the Dew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harvesting the Dew   Harvesting the Dew Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:55 am

No I have no thunderstorm in my region Sad

So I am going to place a bag of ice in a basin plastic (as recommend by ∴N.D.C∴). And next to the basin I am going to put a bowl .

If there is some water in the bowl it is because it has rained and I would not keep the night harvest.

I think that it is the simplest solution Which is going to allow me to sleep well at night Very Happy

Chrysopée
Back to top Go down
auggie

Male
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Harvesting the Dew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harvesting the Dew   Harvesting the Dew Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 4:38 am

Hello chrysopee.. you could also push 4 sticks into the ground and stretch a cheap piece of plastic over the top to act as a make-shift tent. that way you can keep the dew harvest. every night... And besides you have to get up before sunrise anyway so your going to loose some sleep everytime you harvest,.. at least I do .. plus the cost of the bags of ice.. Auggie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Harvesting the Dew Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harvesting the Dew   Harvesting the Dew Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harvesting the Dew
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lost Academy :: Alchemy :: Practical Alchemy-
Jump to: