The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tugel's experiments

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wilfried

Wilfried

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Tugel's experiments Empty
PostSubject: Tugel's experiments   Tugel's experiments Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:07 pm

Johann Gottfried Jugel

Freyentdeckte Experimental=Chymie
or Jugels experiments

Has anyone the book thereof?
(topic is about GW)

Wilfried
Back to top Go down
AB

AB

Male
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Tugel's experiments   Tugel's experiments Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:12 pm

Wilfried, I know of a Johann Gottfried 'Tugel' (not 'Jugel').
There's a lot of material by him on the 3rd R.A.M.S. CD (The folder name is 'Tugel')
A bit of GW in there as well...
Back to top Go down
Wilfried

Wilfried

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Tugel's experiments   Tugel's experiments Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 6:46 pm

ah ok he is actually Tugel, it seems like he is missspelled in other works.

Anyway thats him. Thank you.

Wilfried
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Tugel's experiments   Tugel's experiments Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 7:24 am

Laughing Ah Ah!
I had the same dubt, but then I've found out because the first name of the misterious adept it's the same as Tugel's.
And I think that the book in question it's the same from RAMS digitals in wich there's a chapter about the human mine work using GW + Dark Terra.

But I've still the doubt about a particular lab glass named "sugar glass" or "zucker glass" in the Ruesenstein's book.
You know bros. what they are talking about?

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
AB

AB

Male
Number of posts : 84

PostSubject: Re: Tugel's experiments   Tugel's experiments Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:09 pm

Zosimo wrote:
I've still the doubt about a particular lab glass named "sugar glass" or "zucker glass" in the Ruesenstein's book.

Sugar glass is a type of glass used for theater/movie special effects. It looks like glass and you can smash it on someone's head without worries Very Happy

But Ruesenstein probably means something more like this.

In any case, he appears to be referring to a glass vessel that is not too narrow and has a relatively wide top opening, so you can heat your Caput Mortum evenly and dry it without the danger of burning it. Smile
Back to top Go down
yeshua

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Tugel's experiments   Tugel's experiments Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:38 pm

I was thinking the same thing about that glass. I knew I couldn't have been real sugar glass because that decomposes in heat and could spoil the matter. I use a wide glass pan for drying
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Tugel's experiments   Tugel's experiments Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 2:06 pm

I see... Suspect

Of course they hadn't boro-silicate glasses and they must pay attention to the temp. jumpies to avoid cracking and breakings: they worked with normal glass or gress and for this reason they had some particolar lutum just to stick together the parts of their glasses.

And so it means, of course, that it was a normal glass with an open shape: You won the prize AB! cheers

...One interesting thing is that if I search sugar glass on Ruesenstein appear only one amswer but if you search only glass you'll find a lot of answers.
It means that pdf doesn't work properly with these typewriter letters and a word like sugar has an "r" that's always different.

Anyway. Have salty days bros.!

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599

PostSubject: Re: Tugel's experiments   Tugel's experiments Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:38 am

Yes if you heat a solid object in a normal lead glass container, it will shatter. So it was hard for them to heat dry materials like clay in a normal flask that had thin walls because it was hand blown. The "sugar glass" candy containers have nice thick bottoms that would be able to stand much more heat.

It must have really sucked to not have boro-silcate glassware back then. We are so spoiled these days. What a wonderful time to be an alchemist! So many fantastic little gadgets and things in our labs.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tugel's experiments   Tugel's experiments Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tugel's experiments
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lost Academy :: Alchemy :: Practical Alchemy-
Jump to: