The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

recipient and bain marie

Go down 
AuthorMessage

recipient and bain marie Empty
PostSubject: recipient and bain marie   recipient and bain marie Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 6:45 pm

do some of you use mason jars?as a recipient?if not you guys talk about champagne bottle?i just like to know from you guys experience was is best to use,also i read about a hot pad to use as a bain marie,,,wich model works best i know they have a few at the drug store,just want to make shure i have the right tools to work with,thanks for all the help,,,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: recipient and bain marie   recipient and bain marie Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:42 pm

Hello,

For a flask I got some from qglass.com. They have specials where you can buy a case or multiple flasks if you want to spend a little money. I got erlenmeyer flasks that have a stopper (top) that come with each one. You can pick the size in ml but the catch is you buy more than one. It's useful if you are going to use more than one. To each his or her own I guess!

On the heating pad method of heating that Nick described, I do that. I like it but I learned to look for a heating pad that has continuous heat, not one that will kick off after so many minutes. I use a Sunbeam premium heating pad. It says on the box "Heating Pad with Heatsense Technology". (Continuously Monitors Heat Distribution to Help Prevent Hot Spots.) I am happy with it because it never shuts off, day or night. I got it from Walgreens but you can do any internet search and find one. You do need a thermometer to make sure you are on track with the temperature. I found that the setting of Low and "Continuous on" keeps it at 130 degrees constantly. If you have it at High it will reach 160 degrees plus. Too bad it wont go to 200...

Traci
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: recipient and bain marie   recipient and bain marie Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:53 pm

hi Tracy this will help me save some time for getting what i need,,, thanks for the time you took to reply,this is very much appreciate,,,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: recipient and bain marie   recipient and bain marie Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:57 pm

sorry Traci ;i wrote tracy lol! i hope you not to mad Mad Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: recipient and bain marie   recipient and bain marie Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 8:39 am

No problem. This forum is a very good place for that! I learn from other people all the time and its nice to e-talk with people committed to making this stone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: recipient and bain marie   recipient and bain marie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

recipient and bain marie
Page 1 of 1