The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Starting the Elixer in the Tropics - temp control?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Starting the Elixer in the Tropics - temp control? Empty
PostSubject: Starting the Elixer in the Tropics - temp control?   Starting the Elixer in the Tropics - temp control? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:38 pm

Hi,

I'll be starting the elixir process in the tropics in summer. It rarely gets below 80 degrees at any time. The only way I can see to keep the dew below 70 is to keep the mixture in the refrigerator for the first stage. My worry is that this temperture will be too low to ensure a saturated solution for the next stage.

Has anyone else started this process in a hot climate with success?

Peter.
Back to top Go down

Starting the Elixer in the Tropics - temp control? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting the Elixer in the Tropics - temp control?   Starting the Elixer in the Tropics - temp control? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 10:31 pm

Hi,

Just a Suggestion, You might try a cooler {styrofoam box w/lid}. Collect your dew and add the salt and place your bottle in the cooler. Now place some ice about 6 to 12 inches away {a solid block lasts longer than cubes}. Put the lid on and place the cooler in the coolest part of your house and out of the sun. Providing that you place a thermometer in the cooler it will be easier to keep track of the temp. Just replace the ice before the it melts completly {around 30 % left} it should allow you the time to complete the first stage of the process.

REMEMBER: All you have to do is keep the temp below 65F { 18 C } or below and you should be fine.
Remember to replace the ice!

Hope this Helps.
Back to top Go down

Starting the Elixer in the Tropics - temp control?
Page 1 of 1