The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Practical Alchemy Pics

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Practical Alchemy Pics Empty
PostSubject: Practical Alchemy Pics   Practical Alchemy Pics Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 1:57 am

Here's a few shots of my make shift lab also a curd distill which works very well, the trick is the big condensing head my 1 liter bottle : ) . I am collecting a spirit of wine from a lovely deep purple Australian shiraz[img]Practical Alchemy Pics 03-02-13[/img][img]Practical Alchemy Pics 03-02-14[/img]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Practical Alchemy Pics   Practical Alchemy Pics Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 8:41 pm

Nice work justin,

A condenser made from plastic bottles? I didn't think that was possible. How is that working for you?
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Practical Alchemy Pics   Practical Alchemy Pics Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 10:30 pm

Hot alcohol on plastic can make for a nasty tasting spirit. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com

PostSubject: Re: Practical Alchemy Pics   Practical Alchemy Pics Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:26 am

The wine sits about 60 - 70 c never boils ,the condenser doesn't get hot just warm to the touch . I got about 550 ml of spirit in 2 days , I had a taste very fiery take your breath away . I started with 4 liters at 13.5 %
so there is 540 ml of spirit . I would say my 600 ml was probably about 65 -70 % spirit.Yeah i have read that some plastics when heated give of a poisonous gas something to keep in mind.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Practical Alchemy Pics   Practical Alchemy Pics Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 5:28 am

Oh wow, I don't have the patience to wait that long to distill wine. lol
At that low of a temperature you shouldn't have anything to worry about. But if you switched to glass you could get the job done in an hour or less.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
trueKabbalist

Male
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Practical Alchemy Pics   Practical Alchemy Pics Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 7:35 pm

Hey, at least we know it can be done!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Practical Alchemy Pics   Practical Alchemy Pics Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 1:55 am

sorry man after rereading the rules yeah it was pobbly a bad idea to post somthing like that .The menstrum is just made of vinagar and sal ammoniac ,with the clax of sol being ground with pure white fixed salt of GW first.

Last edited by justin d on Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Practical Alchemy Pics   Practical Alchemy Pics Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 5:53 pm

www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gx1boqjS

sorry for any error in english language.in this picture some lights appearing in dew water.i thought maby was the flash light from the camera,so i took another foto whithout flash and the same lights appeared inside the water.the light in room i think has'not the power to make this effect it is a noramal light.a glass of normal water makes no such ligths.also the left vase was part covering outside whith salt,but a strong light appearing behind the salt.maby there is a physical explanation but it is a strange affect...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Practical Alchemy Pics   Practical Alchemy Pics Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 9:02 pm

Wow, thanks for the pictures Azaxas.
Back to top Go down
trueKabbalist

Male
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Practical Alchemy Pics   Practical Alchemy Pics Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 1:43 am

Azaxas, the light in your pictures is from the light in the room, you can see it reflecting off the glass bottles behind the dew water containers. It is either a refracted reflection of the light bouncing off the glass behind, or your camera is at just the right angle to pick up reflections directly from the water itself. Nothing special going on here. Sorry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Practical Alchemy Pics   Practical Alchemy Pics Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 12:38 pm

i m not so sure,i tried to take some pictures outside in shadow ,some kind of glowing allways appering.this water is not in the same method whith the elixir.Maby you are right that a reflection of light is appearing but i keep in mind that some times in fotos invisible thinks is visible.
Practical Alchemy Pics 76542368

Practical Alchemy Pics 18797866

Practical Alchemy Pics 25849007

after a month about i will examine the water again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Practical Alchemy Pics   Practical Alchemy Pics Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 8:39 pm

Like i said, wow!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Practical Alchemy Pics   Practical Alchemy Pics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Practical Alchemy Pics
Page 1 of 1