Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
thepassamist

Male
Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Boiled down heavenly dew   Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:44 am

solarseeker wrote:
Crystals that look like superman's secret hideout. Sodium sulfate or bisulfate crystals grow like that.

It sounds like you volitilized your salt. If that's the case the salt would have a lower melting point than normal.

I suggest taking half of your salt and seeing if it has any action on metals especially gold.  The other half of the salt may be able to be multiplied by adding more sea salt and continuing to cycle it in your soxhlet.
not sure the volatilized salt would have any effect on metal. i could try i guess. what would be the best way to add it to it? just put a few drops over the gold? what am i looking for? should i try heating it with the gold?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thepassamist

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boiled down heavenly dew   Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:27 pm

so i stuck a few flakes in the salt. left out in a closed glass bottle in the sun all day. when i got home, the flakes are black. like tarnished. i took a video and will try to upload it later. right now i am grinding down a plant for a herbal extract.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
solarseeker

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Boiled down heavenly dew   Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:12 pm

If you're sure that the flakes you're using are made of gold then you can be sure that what you have is elixir of life.

Ordanary sea salt doesn't react with gold which is a good indicator that what you have isn't ordanary sea salt.

If those flakes are gold then I suggest you put the salt/gold mixture back in your soxhlet extractor or in a BM bath to finish the Ph stone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thepassamist

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boiled down heavenly dew   Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:27 pm

i am pretty sure what i made is hydrochloric acid. which will "tarnish" gold.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: Boiled down heavenly dew   Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:10 pm

If hydrochloric acid is what you made then where did the sodium go and why didn't they recombine ?

study  If you had ammonia and CO2 then you would be able to get ammonium cholride and sodium carbonate,but that wouldn't tarnish gold. Nitric acid + table salt =sodium nitrate + HCl (aqua regia)

At any rate I still think if it has action on gold then you should see if it can dissolve it into an elixir.

After all there's no harm in trying to make a magical red crystal that cures all disease and turns metals into gold, is there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thepassamist

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boiled down heavenly dew   Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:21 pm

ill play around tommorrow and see
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thepassamist

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boiled down heavenly dew   Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:26 pm

one thing i am noticing is how well the salt holds the heat given to it now. seems to take forever to cool, and little heat to get warm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pray

Male
Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Boiled down heavenly dew   Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:29 pm

this is interesting, i did similar work but with celtic salt it didnt have such qualities. i did get a rock hard rock from the dried salt like you, but it had no special qualities and no sulfur smell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cocojambo

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2013-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Boiled down heavenly dew   Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:30 pm

I see nothing unusual with what you've described. Very normal phenomenon. Supersaturated solutions and whatnot. Yes, if you boil down a saturated solution of salt it will become a paste like substance.

What exactly do you find unusual about it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thepassamist

Male

PostSubject: Re: Boiled down heavenly dew   Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:09 am

cocojambo wrote:
I see nothing unusual with what you've described. Very normal phenomenon. Supersaturated solutions and whatnot. Yes, if you boil down a saturated solution of salt it will become a paste like substance.

What exactly do you find unusual about it?
At the time, the way the salt floats on top. None settling in the bottom. Even my saturated salt still had the excess salt sinking to the bottom. Is this normal? I do not know which is why i posted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cocojambo

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2013-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Boiled down heavenly dew   Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:31 am

I've observed similar things. Seems normal as far as I know...

You basically have a supersaturated solution, with three distinct layers that have formed.

Lowest layer 1: Supersaturated salt solution with excess solute (salt), so it has precipitated out, being heavier than water, and being no longer dissolved it is visible.
Middle layer 2: It is clear, supersaturated salt solution. It is not so saturated that anything has precipitated out.

Top layer 3: Same as layer 2, but because of lower temperatures due to contact with air, solubility is thus lower, so the salt precipitates out. but since it precipitated out on the top, it has formed a flat layer, that is unable to break the surface tension of the water, so it floats. You'll see the fine crystals here.

Last edited by cocojambo on Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pray

Male
Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Boiled down heavenly dew   Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:23 am

if you see crusts drying up on the surface watch carefully (or shake the glass) you will see them sinking, in super saturation some times salts crystallize at the bottom / bottom-up, other times they harden at the surface then sink.

With GW lots of the white earth we get (i think) first floats then dries up and falls down.

Some processes (in RAMS) call for collecting such salt floating on the surface, with both GW and in sea salt work.. a long time ago Nick and his group online talked about a process collecting oil or crusts of salt off the surface of putrefied GW and its also in RAMS.  

With sea salt i believe the stuff of the surface is considered either spirit of salt or mother liquor or flowers of sea salt (im unable to exactly remember what it was called right now) but its cleaner and more subtle salt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: Boiled down heavenly dew   Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:19 pm

Just to clarify crystals growing on the surface of a substance are called "flowers" or "foliated earth". The "mother liquor" is the liquid left behind after this process, where the "spirit" is almost always a distillate, not to be confused with "volatile spirit" which is so named because it's chemically reactive in some way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boiled down heavenly dew   

Back to top Go down

Boiled down heavenly dew
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2