The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The white stone for sale.

Go down 
+6
E-thor
Zosimo
alexbr
cocojambo
thepassamist
solarseeker
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
E-thor

E-thor

Male
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2012-08-07

The white stone for sale.  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The white stone for sale.    The white stone for sale.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 5:25 am

My name is E-thor, I seek the grrrrrail....my favorite color is blue..no, green.....aaarrrrrgg!
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: The white stone for sale.    The white stone for sale.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2014 1:27 pm

Update: I think I found out what the ancient alchemists meant by the term "ingress". They say that when the stone has ingress it penetrates hot metal like oil penetrates leather.

I've recently found out that if you melt the white stone on a hot silver bar, capillary action causes it to evenly coat the entire surface of the metal on both sides almost like a super fluid. Surely this must be what they mean. The adepts say that if it melts and has ingress,then your stone is prepared properly.

I wonder if projection powder has to be made by being constantly stirred,because the stone is actually coating the individual particles of the metal itself,preventing them from sticking together, like the flouring effect that occurs with liquid mercury in placer mining.
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: The white stone for sale.    The white stone for sale.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 11:38 pm

Update: Today I tried what I consider a dangerous experiment. I melted a small sample of the unfermented stone with a smaller sample of my own dried blood,that I had been collecting.

The result was most interesting. The stone itself acts like an ideal potting medium in which even a tiny spark of life can grow and multiply. The blood acts like a tiny seed of life from which a living soul can grow.

Since it is a part of me it's in perfect resonance with me. This makes it more attuned to healing me specifically.

I expect that the stone could be multiplied with blood,to produce something new which the world has not seen before.

This experiment makes me rethink the purpose for eating. If we need to eat to prevent death,then maybe we are constantly watering down our own life force with imperfect food. Maybe food is to replenish our life force,but since it is not a part of us,it cannot give us what we need to continue living. Is it possible that the curse of humanity,the thing that causes us to die, is actually a form of starvation?
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: The white stone for sale.    The white stone for sale.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 12:07 am

Update: Another step closer to the stone. While contemplating chemistry I decided to take a piece of the white stone,fermented with silver,which had a bead of gold entrapped in it. I then took this stone and dissolved it in nitric acid. The result was as expected, the table salt in the stone+ nitric acid = aqua regia+ sodium nitrate. This dissolved the gold into gold chloride which could then mix with the stone itself.

I also added mercury metal to the nitric ,just in case. I'm pretty sure it did nothing to change the process.

When dried I wound up with the same familiar white crystal. Upon melting this crystal it turned red.

So there you have it. This stone can be fermented with gold.

I kind of worry about this method,because it produced an opaque stone which did not stay red when I tried to multiply its quantity.  No 
Back to top Go down
thepassamist

thepassamist

Male
Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2013-07-06

PostSubject: Re: The white stone for sale.    The white stone for sale.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 12:44 am

Interesting results. I would like to here more about the mixture with blood. As far as the gold, it makes since. Although I would also like to see the process repeated without mercury. Did you take any pics by chance?
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: The white stone for sale.    The white stone for sale.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 8:05 pm

Sadly I did not take the time to get a picture of it. I have no doubt that the results would be the same without mercury,since all other experiments thus far involving the stone+mercury have produced the same results without it.

I am also most curious about the stone+blood. The combination seems to be completely compatible. I'm going to have to try this experiment again.
Back to top Go down
thepassamist

thepassamist

Male

PostSubject: Re: The white stone for sale.    The white stone for sale.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 9:44 pm

I am also curious about the possible different effects with say your stone and another's blood. Or rather another's stone and your blood. Basically if effects are same or similar. Universal if you will
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: The white stone for sale.    The white stone for sale.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 12:56 pm

Update: I have been looking into the possibility of using blood as a raw material to make the stone. It turns out that it follows the exact same process as the GW path. It turns out that blood meal used for gardening is essentially pure dried blood,sometimes mixed with a little lime to deacidify it.

If the stone can be made from blood meal,then that means you can buy the stone in 50 pound bags online or in smaller quantities at ANY garden supply or hardware store. Mass production anyone?

I also tried another experiment with GW to see if it could process faster. I mixed the putrefied (and concentrated) GW with nitric acid the kind I had on hand was white fuming (98% pure nitric). I then distilled the GW as normal.

It had the smell of chlorine which nitric usually has instead of the smell of GW. (a big improvement). The red oil water and yellow spirit came over together as a slightly orange-ish spirit. When it dried the nitric had the expected oxidizer effect and ignited the matter in my flask. This caused it to distill far too fast and I lost the vast majority of the volatile spirit into the air. I broke my boiling flask by cooling it too quickly (accidentally splashed water on it). The end result was a lighter spongier black mass which easily broke into pieces and could be extracted from the flask with gentile shaking. Calcining this mass was also very easy considering that the nitric aided in burning away the carbon impurities.

Over all the process took about an hour which I would say is a big improvement over a nearly all day distillation process. If I had a far better condenser I wouldn't have lost the volatile spirit. Although I wound up with a dead stone due to the loss of the spirit,I am rather optimistic about the results.

It is very likely that the stone can be made by simply distilling blood meal and nitric acid together,then dissolving gold with the volatile spirit/nitric mixture,and condense that into a red stone. I will have to try it of course,but it seems workable from a chemistry stands point.
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: The white stone for sale.    The white stone for sale.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 4:37 pm

Update: I was reading in a book called "the art of distillation volume 4". http://www.levity.com/alchemy/jfren_4.html

"SPIRIT OF \"philosophical dew\" IS MADE THUS
Take of the \"philosophical dew\" of a young man drinking much wine, as much as you please. Let it stand in glass vessels in putrefaction forty days. Then pouring it from its feces, distill it in a glass gourd in sand until all be dry. Then cohobate the said spirit on the caput mortuary three times. Then distill it in a gourd of a long neck and there will ascend, besides the spirit, a crystalline salt which you may either keep by itself, being called the volatile salt of \"philosophical dew\", or mix it with its spirit which will thereby become very penetrating if they be digested for some days together.
Note that the pipe of the head must be wide or else the volatile salt will soon stop it.
Note that this salt is so penetrating that it penetrates the body of the glass.
This spirit by rectification may be made so pure and subtle that it will burn as fire and dissolve gold and precious stones.
This being often applied to any place pained with the gout eases it presently. It also quickens any part that is benumbed.
The salt volatile is Helmont's famous medicine for the jaundice."

It clearly says that the spirit of \"philosophical dew\" can dissolve gold if it's rectified (redistilled) multiple times. cyclops 

It looks like Nick was right. study  I just cheated with higher heat for longer, and used nitric acid instead of the volatile spirit to help dissolve gold. bounce  If I can preform the operation using the far more psychic volatile spirit,then maybe I'll be able to obtain a transmutation yet. pirat 
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: The white stone for sale.    The white stone for sale.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 10:07 pm

I was digging around on the alchemy forum archives study ,and I found a very interesting tidbit of information. Someone had been working with the GW path and mixed the white stone with alcohol. They managed to use this to dissolve gold in 4 days time,producing a grass green solution. I recall a recipe using the GW salt and alcohol in the covenant of silence, it has a few extra ingredients now I suspect that they may be just extra.  study 

At any rate,this would be considered a gentile and natural dissolvement of gold,since the dissolving solution would be safe enough to drink,albeit not very tasty. The alchemists of old figured that something which could not harm flesh,yet could still dissolve gold into its first matter,must be natural and would open the seed of gold instead of killing it. They also understood the first matter as THE first matter which God created in the beginning,second only to light. So THE first matter is understood to be water.

At any rate I think its time for me to head to a liqueur store to find a good clean brandy to test this with. Rubbing alcohol doesn't seem to work right in alchemy recipes for some reason.
Back to top Go down
thepassamist

thepassamist

Male

PostSubject: Re: The white stone for sale.    The white stone for sale.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 1:28 am

Distill the alcohol from some decent wine. Thanks for the post btw
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: The white stone for sale.    The white stone for sale.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 10:07 pm

Update: I just moved my balano mary bath outdoors. The flask of blood meal dissolved in GW has the typical smell of death. It is absolutely vile,but it has a stronger energy signature than most living things.

For those interested in trying this, DO NOT try it indoors, the smell is unbearable.

Also a word of caution, blood meal is pretty much inert on its own, but when its dissolved in water and incubated it tends to attract some really unfriendly spirit beings. (like moths to a candle flame) I was caught by surprise on this one since I generally avoid anything that attracts them. This path is more powerful than the GW path,but it starts out far darker and shifts to nearly absolute corruption during the putrefaction stage.

If there was ever a dark path to make the philosopher's stone, this is it.
Back to top Go down
alkem5161

Male
Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2012-12-18

PostSubject: white stone for sale   The white stone for sale.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 9:03 pm

blood meal is a slaughterhouse by product and if you think about how much fear that the  cows and pigs feel  when being herded   up a shute not knowing what is going to happen but seeing the death of the ones in front of them , well you get the point every living creature
has feelings  happy , sadness, love , and fear  they experience fear  in highest form . and dark energy and dark beings feed on fear so they will be attracted to that  be careful with what your doing  solar  you would do better using your own blood  but its not like you can just bleed out a pint .   The blood path is  not the best path to follow but
do   protect your self  from the negative  un wanted visitors  with some form of protection.  If you choose this path to follow.
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: The white stone for sale.    The white stone for sale.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 10:12 pm

I can put up with the darklings,they have been keeping to themselves. Such creatures actively avoid me,for some reason.

The smell on the other hand is simply unbearable.  Mad 
It's just not worth it. I don't care how much gold or health it can give. If making the philosopher's stone requires putrefying blood,I DON'T WANT IT!
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: The white stone for sale.    The white stone for sale.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:13 pm

Update: I was reading a book called Alchemy Deciphered by Aleksander Almasy. It goes to extreme levels of detail to explain with absolute certainty that yes alchemy books do agree with one another. The process seems to be all there in theory but,in practice it's all out of order.

At any rate the author came to a very intriguing conclusion which I overlooked. study 

The stone can (and should) be fermented more than once. The method of fermentation varies between authors,but the principal is supported in cases when the wet path is concerned. (gold or silver dissolved in the volatile spirit) In the dry path it seems that the inverse is also true. A stone which has already been fermented may be multiplied in quantity by adding both the salt and the ferment to it,or just the salt.
Back to top Go down
E-thor

E-thor

Male

PostSubject: Re: The white stone for sale.    The white stone for sale.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 9:09 pm

Multiplication is easy if you know how to make more mercury and what the mercury is. Raising the power is a process of fermentation.
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: The white stone for sale.    The white stone for sale.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 10:31 pm

That sounds rather interesting,if a bit vague. Would you please elaborate on your statement?
Back to top Go down
E-thor

E-thor

Male

PostSubject: Re: The white stone for sale.    The white stone for sale.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 12:43 am

The problem with the GW path and the dew path is that they are not true wet paths in terms of the ingredients. They are both missing one. These paths, I would consider particulars, but not the true sublimation. And while you may have some success dissolving gold, the elixir you create is too weak and even of you manage to strengthen it you can't multiply it. The key is mercury. The substance all alchemists mention but don't define. They give it many names. You must draw it out of the tomb over and over so that you have material to work with. It is a water that does not wet the hands and it comes from a water that does not wet the hands. These are riddles that the alchemists have given us to contemplate. Once you have untied these Gordian knots you will have success. I am vague on purpose.
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: The white stone for sale.    The white stone for sale.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 11:56 am

Ah now I see your meaning. You're talking about the dry sublimation at the end,which reddens the stone and adds tincture to it. This is the part where the body becomes a spirit and returns to body again. The first sublimation extracts the spirit,the spirit is then fixed in the body,then the body is volatilized to further fix body and spirit.

I haven't figured out weather this should be done before or after fermentation.

You're saying that the body must be sublimated more than once?  confused  I recall reading that somewhere,but it's soooo expensive on fuel and equipment to actually do. It takes a LOT of heat for several hours.

One more question: Have you actually done this in practice?
Back to top Go down
E-thor

E-thor

Male

PostSubject: Re: The white stone for sale.    The white stone for sale.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 7:07 pm

Multiplication I think of as making more. You need to add more mercury. Enhancing the strength or virtue is done through sublimation/ fermentation. Have I done this practically? I'll let you know. That might be better for a private discussion.
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: The white stone for sale.    The white stone for sale.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 8:40 pm

The adepts of old say that there are two kinds of multiplication,the first is in quantity,the second is in quality. As I understand it, both are supposed to be able to be done in one operation as well as individually. That way a master can subtract and multiply their stone as needed.

#2 Sure I have no objections to talking in private. Although the secret protects itself. People expect the grand arcanum to be hidden and simply will not accept anything less. (the best way to lie is to tell the truth and make it sound unbelievable) Besides that only someone who knows and understands the process would be able to piece it together.

Even amongst skilled alchemists people will laugh at you for suggesting that the philosopher's stone is real,much less humor the notion that you actually have one. (I was actually kicked out of an occult forum for suggesting the notion) The only people who will listen are those who are worth talking to,among those extremely few will take you seriously enough to try it themselves.
Back to top Go down
E-thor

E-thor

Male

PostSubject: Re: The white stone for sale.    The white stone for sale.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 9:29 pm

I agree. Finding it hard to post in here though. This forum isn't too Ipad friendly. Every time I touch the screen, it goes to an ad. I am not sure you can do them both at once. You may be right but I wouldn't know how. It might be something that happens naturally like a growing process. Right now I'm focusing on the best way to collect my mercury in quantity so I don't have to work in such small volumes. My alkahest dissolved part of my distillation apparatus (made of copper) and I ended up with the oil of copper- lol. Not sure what it does physically.
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: The white stone for sale.    The white stone for sale.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 2:55 pm

Ah that makes sense. I generally avoid touch screens whenever possible, full size keyboards are nice too. You can talk to me through email if that's easier for you the address is psiseeker34@gmail.com (should be public knowledge by now).
Back to top Go down
alexbr

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: The white stone for sale.    The white stone for sale.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 3:34 pm

Last edited by alexbr on Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alexbr

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: The white stone for sale.    The white stone for sale.  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 3:36 pm

Hi E-thor and solarseeker BHO imho instead it would be nice that instead as rightly Nik wanted all your experiments and attempts on the your stone elixir etc they would like to discuss in a clear and explicit here for the benefit of all (and it is precisely for these reasons that Nik fund with total transparency and clear rules of no privacy on alchemy this forum rules here unfortunately too often some forget about these golden rules which rightly This forum was established by NIK and these precious golden rules and characteristic it should make a difference and
preciousness of this forum from other forum of the usual monotonous soup)

i my best regards alexbr

:::::::: here the original exact in italian ::::::::::::::

Hi E-thor e solarseeker BHO invece a mia opinione sarebbe carino che invece come giustamente Nik voleva che di tutti i vostri esperimenti e tentativi sulla vostra pietra elixir etc ne discuteste in modo chiaro ed esplicito qui a beneficio di tutto ( ed è proprio per per queste ragioni che Nik fondo con precise regole di totale trasparenza e di non riservatezza sull'alchimia questo forum regole di cui spesso purtroppo troppo spesso qui ce se ne dimentica di queste regole d'oro su cui giustamente questo forum è stato fondato da NIK e queste preziose regole d'oro e caratteristica ne dovrebbe farne la differenza e preziosità di questo forum dagli altri forum di solita zuppa monotona )

i mie migliori saluti alexbr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The white stone for sale.    The white stone for sale.  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The white stone for sale.
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next