The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden Empty
PostSubject: NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden   NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 5:43 am

Somebody said that merely with kitchen salt and dew you realize the Thing.
Sigismund Bacstrom...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigismund_Bacstrom
...on the contrary, wrote (by pencil at the margin of the text) that you should use niter (saltpeter).
I think that you ask and wonder and guess about St Huber... Right?
Apparently an island where the mysterious salt come from...
No way to find it, right?
I've found it.

In the past centuries people made lots of typos copying names of substances, people, processes and placenames... In fact there is an old deposit of saltpeter in Chile at Humberstone / Santa Laura, the first being the main center.
This saltpeter was dug from deposits by the "Oficina Salitrera Santiago Humberstone".
Probably they required this peculiar kind of saltpeter because it was particularly pure.
Good luck.
Zosimo
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden   NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 1:13 pm

This makes sense. A good substitute would be table salt and nitric acid. Although It's not as mystical as table salt and dew,it would dissolve gold. Considering that niter which was mined from the ground always contains a small amount of table salt in it. The old name for table salt was in fact "sea salt",which makes perfect sense.

NaCl (table salt)+HNO3(nitric acid)= NaNO3(sodium nitrate)+HCl+HNO3(aqua regia). As the nitric acid decomposes during heating or evaporates you get table salt once again. If you added gold,then you also get gold chloride which decomposes into gold hydroxide which in turn decomposes into a red gold colloid,suspended in table salt.

I'm not convinced that the stone can be made using chemistry alone. You might identify it's chemical make up and replicate that, but using modern methods the end result would be dreadfully weak,when it comes to the content of life energy. That is where the long incubation in a BM bath comes in handy
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden   NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 1:33 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humberstone_and_Santa_Laura_Saltpeter_Works
Back to top Go down
T.P.

T.P.

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2012-08-06

PostSubject: Re: NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden   NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 6:04 pm

Hi Zosimo,

i will challenge your opinion on St. Huber (as was misspelled in RAM's collection) and yes,  i agree that it was misspelled, Mainly P. Hall misspelled it to St. Uber (in his book Secret Teachings of all Ages) and Bacstrom misspelled it to St.Tubis (in his own MS) but the real name of the place was
St. Ubes, Or St. Elbes Setubal and it is located in Portugal (not Spain although it was called Spanish salt back then). Click on this link:
http://chestofbooks.com/reference/American-Cyclopaedia-11/St-Ubes-Or-St-Elbes-Setubal.html#.U7sXebFfYol

St. Ubes, Or St. Elbes Setubal

St. Ubes, Or St. Elbes Setubal, a maritime city of Portugal, in the province of Estremadura, on the N. side of a bay of the same name, 18 m. S. E. of Lisbon; pop. about 15,000. It stands in a valley, and is defended by a castle and forts. There are several squares and promenades, all superior to any in Lisbon; and the environs are interspersed with numerous picturesque villas and orange groves. Some of the churches are handsome; and among the convents are that of the Capuchin nuns, founded in 1480, and that of Arrabida, on a mountain 1,700 ft. high. The quays are broad, and the harbor is inferior only to that of Lisbon. The well known St. Ubes salt of commerce is manufactured here from the neighboring salt marshes of the river Sado, and shipped in immense quantities, principally to Scandinavian ports. Many of the inhabitants are engaged in fishing, and sardines are extensively exported, with oranges and other southern fruits, muscatel wines, and cork. Setubal is a place of great antiquity. It suffered severely from the earthquake of 1755.

If you read carefully the article above you will notice that in St.Ubes just like in Leyden (a city in Holland) was Capuchin Order but this time made of nuns not monks. The Author of the Leyden MS was a monk of Order of Friars Minor Capuchin!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CR90jlqdDg

I guess the nuns were sending to their brethren in Leyden the best salt in Europe at that time, this was for sure Flor de Sal type of quality. On Google books i found a lot of information on St. Ubes and believe it or not even wars were fought because of this salt (click on the picture to zoom in):

NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden Th_67668_St.Ubes1_122_382lo

If you want more information here is a great book about this salt:
http://ler.letras.up.pt/uploads/ficheiros/7983.pdf
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden   NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 3:32 am

So, at the end we have a REAL CRUCIAL DISCOVERY and I'm happy about that.
It sounds absolutely real.
I guess if it is not only the mere fleur de salt but in fact a fusible one. That could make much easer the work with the (may be already distilled or thickened) dew.
What do you think, all of you Bros., about that?
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden   NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 am

I say try it. Nitric acid helped me successfully ferment my stone with gold.(finally) I don't see any reason that using niter instead of table salt wouldn't do the same thing.

No luck with transmutation just yet,but I'm still chipping away at it. So long as I keep my nose to the grind stone study I'm sure that I'll get there eventually,provided it can be done of course.

At this rate: by the time I obtain a transmutation I will have already begun mass production on the stone.
Back to top Go down
T.P.

T.P.

PostSubject: Re: NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden   NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 3:21 pm

Philosophers have written that sea salt was made by the Sun, it's Father and Ocean, it's Mother.

Capuchine Monk said that the salt first needs to be calcined by the rays of the Sun and that the dew needs to be collected during the full Moon otherwise it will not have enough strength.

We all know that difference between the full Moon and young Moon is the amount of Sun rays illuminating it. The Moon is always in the sky but this strength is not always there! Could it be that the Sunlight act as the carrier of this one strength?

Hermes said about this strength:
Its father is the Sun, its mother is the Moon.
The wind carried it in its womb, the earth breast fed it.
This is the whole most strong strength of all strength, for it overcomes all subtle things, and penetrates all solid things.

Thus was the world created.
And complete is what I had to say about the work of the Sun.

The real question for us Alchemist's (or Puffer's) is what is this strength that reaches it's peak during the full Moon?

Last edited by T.P. on Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden   NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 10:13 pm

I read something today that said "niter is only fixed light".  The reasoning was that if you take a magnifying lens and focus it onto a mirror for days on end you will get a form of niter which can dissolve gold in its own right,which can then be dried into a red stone capable of transmutation. Also that if you calcine antimony with sun light,it gains weight,where if you calcine the same way with common fire,it loses weight.
Back to top Go down
alexbr

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden   NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 11:17 pm

hi solarseeker very interesting you say quote:

I read something today that said "niter is only fixed light".  The reasoning was that if you take a magnifying lens and focus it onto a mirror for days on end you will get a form of niter which can dissolve gold in its own right

so where you have read it ?in wath book or where ?can you give about it exact reference where you have found it

my best regard alexbr
Back to top Go down
T.P.

T.P.

PostSubject: Re: NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden   NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 4:00 am

It is funny how Alchemists immediately think about some chemical substance instead of reflecting and searching deeper into Nature's strengths. Can Niter alone overcome all subtle things and penetrate all solid things. Thus was the world created.

Did the Niter alone created the wholle World? I think not!

NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden Th_92543_FollowNature_122_366lo
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden   NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 5:38 am

Dear Bros.,
I think that what we call philosophically "niter" (but not the mere saltpeter "that you use for the guns" says Lefevre) could be part of the physical reason of the material world but, at the same time, the physical level it's only the last one, where all the phenomena of light with its looming structures (which we can have experience of through the structure oriented visions and not the divinatory or "multichannel"  Laughing  visions) have the dynamic part of the thing.
Sum al up with the interaction of your God-like consciousness that, actually, creates all this game.
And let's consider that what we could label because of the duration-time as a "beginning" could be only a little part of the picture. I actually think that the beginning is always going on.
The fact that a salt can be obtained by the rays of sun is, for this reason, not a strange thing. And you can find it, Alex, here and there on this forum.
good search _.
Back to top Go down
T.P.

T.P.

PostSubject: Re: NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden   NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 7:42 am

Before light, there was darkness and the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Back to top Go down
alexbr

PostSubject: Re: NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden   NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 10:36 am

hi zosimo and solarseeker
sure i know it in forum but is it this particolar very method what it is interesting because in not much text say use this artificiun that using 2 this devices together lens and mirror reflect because about it i have read only of it this similar articuim only in one very private and not pubblic arcana divina ( version privata of one special version of arcana divina that i have the possibility of see it but only read)
so solarseeker where you have found this exact reference of this very interesting paricular artificiun very interesting of 2 apparatus toghether lens and mirror ?
in The reasoning was that if you take a magnifying lens and focus it onto a mirror for days on end you will get a form of niter which can dissolve gold in its own right

my best regard alexbr
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden   NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 1:37 pm

The original website is in french, so I ran it through google translate.

This is the main page:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fart-du-vivant.com%2Fblogcfio&edit-text=&act=url

This is the article that mentioned niter being frozen light:
https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://art-du-vivant.com/blogcfio/2013/09/calcination-solaire/&usg=ALkJrhhGtLqyitck3msNV_91azJhVZvQKA

This book contains the instructions to get a salt using a mirror and a solar lens. It also mentions how to use it to dissolve gold and turn it into a stone: http://www.rexresearch.com/beuther/beuther.htm It's kind of a foot note so you have to scroll pretty much to the very bottom.

I transcribed the article here. It has some useful additional pictures:
http://www.illuminated-alchemists.com/t364-living-gold-from-solar-sulfur

If anyone has a solar furnace and produces this salt, I would be most interested in obtaining a sample of it.
Back to top Go down
cocojambo

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2013-01-09

PostSubject: Re: NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden   NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 1:39 pm

Keep in mind though that Bacstrom is just an armchair alchemist. As far as I know he did not actually do any experiments. All he did was translate and intersperse the translations with his speculative interpretations, and invariably it was always about antimony and nitre.
Back to top Go down
cocojambo

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2013-01-09

PostSubject: Re: NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden   NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 1:41 pm

T.P. wrote:
It is funny how Alchemists immediately think about some chemical substance instead of reflecting and searching deeper into Nature's strengths. Can Niter alone overcome all subtle things and penetrate all solid things. Thus was the world created.

Did the Niter alone created the wholle World? I think not!

NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden Th_92543_FollowNature_122_366lo
Rather than alchemists jumping to some chemical conclusions, could it be you are interpreting "niter" incorrectly? It's probably just another stupid metaphor for something else.
Back to top Go down
T.P.

T.P.

PostSubject: Re: NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden   NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 1:56 pm

Yes, it's a metaphor for something else but it's not stupid at all. sunny 
Back to top Go down
alexbr

PostSubject: Re: NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden   NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 2:52 pm

solarseeker wrote:
The original website is in french, so I ran it through google translate.

This is the main page:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fart-du-vivant.com%2Fblogcfio&edit-text=&act=url

This is the article that mentioned niter being frozen light:
https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://art-du-vivant.com/blogcfio/2013/09/calcination-solaire/&usg=ALkJrhhGtLqyitck3msNV_91azJhVZvQKA

This book contains the instructions to get a salt using a mirror and a solar lens. It also mentions how to use it to dissolve gold and turn it into a stone: http://www.rexresearch.com/beuther/beuther.htm  It's kind of a foot note so you have to scroll pretty much to the very bottom.

I transcribed the article here. It has some useful additional pictures:  
http://www.illuminated-alchemists.com/t364-living-gold-from-solar-sulfur

If anyone has a solar furnace and produces this salt, I would be most interested in obtaining a sample of it.  

ok very thanks solarseeker

so we are familiar with everything
we know it because many posts are our of our group and why are our some of our group are involved in that area regarding various experiments dell'achimia solar etc (arcane divina that they have published is taken from our manuscripts but unfortunately it was published (and this is very very good) BUT NB and this is not good at a price that we do not agree because it is absolutely cost more than 300 Euros is a cost to rip high and not right)

So now here you see the salt salmon pinkish orange as we did and similar also friend of the french group of the art du-vivant.com arrived to it and they say that this work is very similar at he famous sale soluto of paracelso (but this is in dry way ) see fig

NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden 3f1733338105146

[url=https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/31/salerosasalmone.png/NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden Salerosasalmone[/url]

and

http://www.illuminated-alchemists.com/t312-alchemy-solar-lunar-with-mirror-and-lens

and what we got in the same form in both 2-way dry is that solar (and what we did with a very large lens which unfortunately is now broken and dry with a melting pot of electric rock which then corroded and broke because the salt used (and now unfortunately we have no money to redeem it) and instead got the sun in the version always repeatedly merging the two materials in the crucible of refractory earth but always this way in solar we did it by placing the crucible with the 2 materials to melt under a large lens
and what we did on the basis of the indications of a close friend alchemist who was very old and that unfortunately is now dead and he received instructions from the French believed that in this way the operability of grosparmi indicated in him the de tresor tresor

http://herve.delboy.perso.sfr.fr/tresor_grosparmy.html

Now the materials used are 2 one it is sea salt and salt nitre and loose mote times in the crucible of refractory earth esact as it was stated in grosparmi

and that you see in the pictures is a little salt is the result

but now unfortunately now they are broken and or corroded equipment (and high costs do not allow us to repurchase them for now) and or corroded but we hope soon to resume these experiments salts etc.

my best regard alexbr

Last edited by alexbr on Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:20 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
T.P.

T.P.

PostSubject: Re: NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden   NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 1:34 pm

Can i buy that salt from you? I want to use it on my Sake Sushi! I need that fiery taste.
Back to top Go down
alexbr

PostSubject: Re: NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden   NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 1:43 pm

lol! No I do not sell it because I've very little of it just enough for the the my last plate for my Sake Sushi !!!
but not vorry now I have to prepare more again for the orders of Japanese restaurants Very Happy 
but anyway not vorry TP I'll put also your order in list LOL LOL LOL lol!

( nb ..SURE it my salt double sea and nitro for Sake Sushi ...
that it however,the French friends de l'art  du-vivant.call IT in all their texts and identify !!! maybe TP they wrong ? this it as salt solute Paracelsus worked in the dry way of grosparmy -Tresor de tresor and about it him will explication it him future Volume 7 see him extract of the future pubblications : L’Alkaest nitro-salin ou le grand arcane alchimique ...( volume maybe important and maybe interesting but our imho always it have always too very very much cost ) and for this see him blog .. http://art-du-vivant.com/formationcfio/formation-alchimie-de-la-lumiere/

and more ..T.P. NB as a deep and serious confirmation of all these deep research studies and deep trials and interesting and very concrete results arrived in this way with what on what to see also the chapter on the alchemical salt obtained from SEA SALT and SALT of NITRE by roger guasco in his interesting book la rosee brule le sel (burning the dew salt )
for it SEE HERE:
http://yaka-asso.org/yaka/rosee/lr_sel2.php )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden   NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW crucial discovery about Actum Leyden
Page 1 of 1