The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Filtered salt

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Filtered salt Empty
PostSubject: Filtered salt   Filtered salt Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 11:56 am

Is there a use for the salt filtered out in step 7? I would hate to waste it if there is a use for it.
Back to top Go down

Filtered salt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filtered salt   Filtered salt Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 12:49 pm

holistic wrote:
Is there a use for the salt filtered out in step 7? I would hate to waste it if there is a use for it.

I was wondering the same thing. Generally when people instruct one to 'set something aside' it is for a later use.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

Filtered salt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filtered salt   Filtered salt Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 4:15 pm

The salt can be used to make more of the Alkahest with fresh dew.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com

Filtered salt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filtered salt   Filtered salt Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 4:20 pm

Admin wrote:
The salt can be used to make more of the Alkahest with fresh dew.

So what drops out of the elixer during the process is just salt, even though it's grey and black?
Back to top Go down
SonofSol

SonofSol

Male
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Filtered salt Empty
PostSubject: Re-using the Salt   Filtered salt Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 6:45 pm

I would guess the process to occur faster using the philosophical salt which is set aside...
Back to top Go down

Filtered salt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filtered salt   Filtered salt Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 6:47 pm

SonofSol wrote:
I would guess the process to occur faster using the philosophical salt which is set aside...

Any particular heuristics involved in this guess, or are you just speculating?
Back to top Go down
SonofSol

SonofSol

Male
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Filtered salt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filtered salt   Filtered salt Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 7:13 pm

Just pure speculation.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

Filtered salt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filtered salt   Filtered salt Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 8:24 pm

When we refer to the salt which forms during the creation of the Alkhest, we are refferring to it in alchemy terms as 'salt'. It is not sodium chloride.

And sonofSol is correct about the salt making the process go faster when used with new dew and sea salt.
Back to top Go down

Filtered salt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filtered salt   Filtered salt Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 8:28 pm

Admin wrote:
When we refer to the salt which forms during the creation of the Alkhest, we are refferring to it in alchemy terms as 'salt'. It is not sodium chloride.

And sonofSol is correct about the salt making the process go faster when used with new dew and sea salt.

Ahh, that's right. My bad. Its easy to get confused when we're talking about SALT dropping out of 'salt-water' into which we had put, some amount of salt.
Back to top Go down

Filtered salt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filtered salt   Filtered salt Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 1:49 am

Admin wrote:

___:
Am starting your Dew / Salt process tonight. Collecting Dew.

I have started a process where I take distilled water and I super saturate it with Dead Sea Salt until it can hold no more. I then filter the liquid through a cotton ball which removes all solid material. I take this consentrated salt water and place it in a small pyrex dish and evaporate off the liquid.
My process here is I set a big box fan on my lab bench and blow the air across the dish. This moves a lot of air and speeds up the evaporation. When the water has evaporated away the salt recrystalizes in the bottom of the dish.

My question is. If I pass the sea salt through this process multiple times do you think there would be any benifit in using a purified salt as apposed to the Dead Sea Salt right from the bag.

Kent
Back to top Go down

Filtered salt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filtered salt   Filtered salt Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 5:04 pm

magnum.opus1 wrote:
I have started a process where I take distilled water and I super saturate it with Dead Sea Salt until it can hold no more. I then filter the liquid through a cotton ball which removes all solid material. I take this consentrated salt water and place it in a small pyrex dish and evaporate off the liquid. (...) My question is. If I pass the sea salt through this process multiple times do you think there would be any benifit in using a purified salt as apposed to the Dead Sea Salt right from the bag.
Repeated solution, evaporation, and calcination of salt is suposed to lower its melting point. Somewhere in the PON lessons they have spoken of this, so perhaps there can be a link somewhere (sorry, but I'm short of time now -as usual). The same can be done with antimony butter, etc.

But apparently (I have not done it myself) it needs a lot of repetitions.

-------------

Well, I have a question on the solution of the salt.

It's cold here, and snows from time to time, so I have decided to try the Elixir procedure with snow water (let's see if I can manage to have the required conditions). May it serve the same purpose as dew? We'll see. It's what I have available at present, in any case.

I have filled about a quarter of a jar for canned goods, which is good for vacuum conservation, and have solved salt into it.

Now, if you solve salt at room temperature, and make a saturated solution, when you begin to heat it, it shall be able to solve more, and then it is not saturated any more, so perhaps we should saturate it at the lowest temperature of the process?
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

Filtered salt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filtered salt   Filtered salt Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 11:24 pm

You are over complicating a wonderfully simple process. Just pour a bunch of salt in the dew water with the temperature no higher than 70°F. Then shake it up from time to time, and 4 days later filter out all the salt that didn't dissolve.

Remember that when you heat the dew up, the spirit will escape. So you if you open the bottle when it's still hot, you will loose the spirit. So how could you add salt to the warm dew water without loosing the spirit? Hence the reason it's crucial you dissolve the salt in the dew no higher than 70°F, and perhaps even then you are loosing a little spirit.

Also remember that in the original Actuem Leyden letter, he warns that the process will fail if the spirit of the dew escapes. It is the one thing that can make all your weeks of waiting be in vein, if there is no spirit even present in your water.

On a side note, I'm very happy to see how wonderful this forum is turning out, and I haven't even told but a few people about, yet we already have over 25 members. It's great to finally have a public place on the internet where REAL alchemy is discussed, and so many people are making the REAL Elixir of Life, and the REAL Philosopher's Stone.

One gram of the stone of the 5th order is able to produce 16 Billion dollars in gold, so on that beautiful day when you complete your stone, you can consider yourself a billionaire. Very Happy

Amazing isn't it?

Last edited by Admin on Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Filtered salt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filtered salt   Filtered salt Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 7:18 am

Admin wrote:
You are over complicating a wonderfully simple process.

You wrote "for this process to work, the water needs to be completely saturated with salt so that it will let go of the Alkahest", that's why I was trying to get the most saturation, but if it already works without this kind of minor changes, so much the better Smile

And yes, it's wonderful in its simplicity. Coming to think of it, all the alchemical results I attained in the laboratory, which went beyond chemical reason, were done in such a simple manner. You get the right matters, and you just heat them. I am of the idea that the spagirical complications that arose at the XVIIth century, and on which many get trapped today, were given as a way to obscure this knowledge, which otherwise would have been too easy with the present means of a chemist.

Admin wrote:
how could you add salt to the warm dew water without loosing the spirit?
Rather, you keep adding salt until you see there's an excess that would not dissolve, then raise up temperature (the vessel being closed, of course), shake, and filter the best you can. But anyway...

Thanks for your patience and sharing, Nick.
Back to top Go down

Filtered salt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filtered salt   Filtered salt Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:08 am

Rather, you keep adding salt until you see there's an excess
that would not dissolve, then raise up temperature (the vessel being closed,
of course), shake, and filter the best you can

I think what Nick is saying is once the vessel is sealed and the temperature
is raised above 70 degrees if you open it you will loose the spirit.

This is not complex. Dissolve as much salt into your dew as it will hold over
4 days maintaining temp below 70 degrees. Filter it. Seal it. Raise the temp.
That's it.

Before you go above 70 degrees the vessel must be sealed. It cannot
be opened again without loosing the spirit.

MO-1 king
Back to top Go down

Filtered salt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filtered salt   Filtered salt Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:11 am

hello brothers and sisters,,,,,going a little off topic here!

As of late iv been researching and collating different types of salt .
i recently found a type of salt from the Himalayan mountains that is pure ....it is mined by hand, deep within the mountains, millions of years old and contains no contaminants from mans age or stay on the earth....it is 97.5% sodium chloride in its natural form......i have a 150lb rock of it .

.the rock seems to be ionizing the air around the room i keep it in ,it smells like static electricity a little

it was very strange how i ended up with a 150lb rock of salt that have traveled halfway around the word to be with me !! i know there was a reason why i have it BUT! anyone have any suggestions what i should do with it???

if anyone is interested in experimenting with a little of it let me know!
Back to top Go down

Filtered salt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filtered salt   Filtered salt Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:24 am

also about the losing SPERIT when adding salt to the dew ..plane water will only take up a salt salinity of 27% or something like that.. So you could add just the right amount of salt per dew content so no need to add more SO no loss of spirit when opening to jar....but this is only a theory and dew and water my have different salt to h2o salinity % ...neways it just a theory!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Filtered salt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filtered salt   Filtered salt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Filtered salt
Page 1 of 1