The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Our Elixir

Go down 
+7
spagyricus
Wilfried
Zosimo
SonofSol
auggie
kevinpaw123
NDC
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Our Elixir Empty
PostSubject: Our Elixir   Our Elixir Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 2:25 am

As we have said before, Zulnic and I are at the beginning stages. I hope it is alright but I intend to keep this thread updated with pictures and information about how we are progressing. As of now we are working on gathering a second liter of dew. We have successfully refined sea salt from the atlantic ocean by concentrating 4 gallons of salt water gathered from Vilano Beach, near St. Augustine Florida. We are going to get our holy water tomorrow, and intend to actually have a priest bless 200 ml. or our dew and add 20 ml. of it to our 2 liters of dew per the instructions. We have a 3 liter container with a screw top we intend to seal with lutem for due caution. We will wrap the container in aluminum foil and tape two heating pads around it, then place this device inside of a stainless steel pot to hold it all together. This should give us a temp. of around 130*F according to our tests, within the range of Balneum Mary. Pictures to come tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

Our Elixir Empty
PostSubject: Congrats!   Our Elixir Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 2:47 am

I intend on doing the same- I think it will be to everyone's benefit to have as much data as possible. You are certainly doing your part! Smile

Everyday I find new reasons to make this elixir especially now since many of my family members are chronically ill. My hope is to help them now more than myself... I came searching for knowledge so I could advance in my art but now I just want to heal my loved ones more than anything. Its torture feeling useless but this elixir is is truly a gift from God and I will help my fellow man to ease their sufferings.

Its the dawning of a new age my fellow friends- an age where we can unite and make a significant change. I am honored to have come together with you all in our quests for a better life where we can truly become more and evolve.

xoxo,

-val
Back to top Go down

Our Elixir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 10:00 am

We are currently on day 3 of our 40 days of part one of the Elixir. We have all the pictures we need to post so far on the forum, however, we are still trying to figure out how to et the pictures off the Razor phone. We'll figure something out.
Back to top Go down

Our Elixir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 12:50 pm

I think that's a great plan. It will help those who come along after us.

I will do the same.

MO-1 king

Last edited by magnum.opus1 on Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Our Elixir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 3:21 pm

Latheeb, I'm not an expert but I wouldn't use electrical heaters. I'm sure they influence the water in a negative way. Better use gas. But it's just an advice.
Anyway I wish you good luck in the process.
Back to top Go down

Our Elixir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 3:26 pm

Benedikt..............Nick himself says that you can use a heating pad for the 40 day and the Balneo mary bath parts of the book. If Nick says you can use it, then it will be just fine. Personally, I don't think that electical heaters influence the water. It's more of emotions that enfluence the water if anything. Did you watch the video on water having memory? It's on the main page of the forum and the website as well.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

Our Elixir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:22 am

If anything, the electricity would have a positive effect on the elixir.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com

Our Elixir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 2:59 am

Well, it is day 16 of our philosophical month. An off-white almost tan colored semi-crystaline precipitate has coated the bottom of our bottle. It's a relitively small amount so far but gradually growing in volume.
Back to top Go down

Our Elixir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 5:35 pm

Latheeb:

I'm on day 12 and I have the same precipatate.
It developed within the first 24 hours.

Our Elixir Elixir5003

MO-1 king
Back to top Go down

Our Elixir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 1:41 pm

Magnum, our precipitate is not nearly as "thick" but our bottle also has a much wider bottom so that may be part of it. It is about that same colour though and is growing in size. I'm not exactly sure as to why it took a much longer time for ours to form, maybe someone should do some research later on to see if different types of salt or dew from different areas has any effect on the rate that the precipitate forms?
Back to top Go down

Our Elixir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 12:59 pm

I finally got around to taking a picture of our set up. Here is the picture of our current setup.

We are using this setup because it's very convienient. We also had the cooker setting around the house already. So, it's a plus for us. We added the sand, and are using it instead of water. We started with water, but we had to keep adding water, so now we just turn down the temp, and turn it up when we need to. We started with a heating pad, but wasn't doing so well, probably because of the size of the bottle. I have a smaller bottle that I plan on using for the next project, which I will use the heating pad for. This heating device ranging in temperature from about 100 degrees - 450 degrees farenhieght. I will post a picture of our Dew collection method with the 16 pound bag of Ice soon. We have already gone through our 40 day philosophical month period, and are currently coming to the end of our first 2 weeks of Sand bath. Another couple of days and we'll be back to the Balneo Mary bath temperature.
Back to top Go down

Our Elixir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 2:02 pm

Quote :
maybe someone should do some research later on to see if different types of salt or dew from different areas has any effect on the rate that the precipitate forms?

My precipitate also appeared quickly. I used the gray celtic sea salt, and I suspect that it is actually mostly detritus/dirt from that heavy salt. Next time I will use a cleaner, whiter sea salt. I am betting there will be less precipitate.

It is a grayish to light brown color, and forms a heavy mass at the bottom. If I turn and almost shake the bottle, it breaks loose and flakes around.

BUT! When I did that the first time, already in the sand bath, the outer plastic covering of my screw-type cap slipped off (melted glue probably) and the bottle fell into the bath. I panicked and reached in my hand to grab the bottle. Which was silly because if the whole cap had really come off as I thought, my vial would be ruined anyway. So I got first and one second degree burns on my hand.

So far the cap has held. It's a mini-champagne bottle with a screw type cap.
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Our Elixir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 7:55 am

Zulnic

How did you mix your lute, is it plaster of paris and eggwhites? Mine is and the lute has been cracking quite alot. Did you apply in layers or all at once? I ask cause I don't see any cracks in your lute.
Back to top Go down

Our Elixir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 6:35 pm

Just an update on our Elixir. We should be finished with out Elixir some time in October. Yay, getting excited. Also sorry haven't been spending much time on the forum lately.

kevinpaw, yes we did use plaster of paris and egg whites. We applied it onto the top with a nice thick layer, but we smoothed it out a little. If you look at the bottle in the picture some of it did crack and fall off the bottom, but that's about it, we haven't had any other problems with cracking.

Last edited by Zulnic on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Had an error on the date, it's not august but october. Still excited though.)
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

Our Elixir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 6:26 pm

Zulnic, are you guys doing the long digestion process from the Cappucine monk's letter?

You are probably going to have to distill the dew and perform the Ruesenstein method on it if it won't dissolve gold. Only a few people besides myself have been successful in making the Alkahest from dew with digestion alone.

I think what should have been done is the dew should have been boiled down until it's like a dark brown/black water. And the salt should be the pure white "flower of sea salt" which is made by dissolving clean sea salt in clean water out in the sun, and as the water evaporates, salt crystallizes on the surface of the water, and you skim it off. Only the salt that forms on the surface is the solar salt.

Then as you do the calcinations, the dew solution is saturated with so much salt, it pushes out all the black matter from the dew and it deposits all around the flask walls which are much hotter than the water, causing the black material to calcine each time and become gray, then lighter gray, and eventually white. Once the flask is returned to the Balneo Mary bath, the material slowly redissolves back into the dew and colors it black, then light gray, and eventually the solution is crystal clear, and the deposited material is snow white.

I'm preparing to try this experiment myself to see if I'm right, that way I can keep the Cappucine monk letter in the book, but also add the Mutus Liber work (both wet and dry methods), and then add the dry method with the "Philosophical Dew" which should be so fast, it might only take 4 hours (but takes a few days to prepare the red crystals before hand from the "Philosophical Dew").
Back to top Go down

Our Elixir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 7:25 pm

Hey Nick,
I have been researching and experimenting for seven months to find the real water-stone of the wise by the dew method. But now I'm stumped because my old German version of the Ruesenstein book is becoming very complicated to read and i wanted to know if you know a source where i can find the English version or a more modern Ruesenstein book that i hopefully will be able to understand.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

Our Elixir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 1:40 am

The Ruesenstein book in the RAMS library is completely translated into very easy to read English. So I don't understand what you are looking for.
Back to top Go down
auggie

Male
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Our Elixir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 4:59 pm

Hello.. Erikmarkb I see that your from Germany and im guessing that origionally you wanted to read the origional un-translated document and now youve changed your mind. .. So just go to the front page of our forum and scroll down to "Final note on Ruesenstein" click on the link given in there. and order the 168 page booklet for a paltry $11.20 each plus shipping .. a wise investment i ordered 2 copys one for scribbleing on and the other for my library.. Nick gets mad about inquirys like this because the title Ruesenstein litterly screams at you if you simply scroll down the thread listings. take care & stay spiritual Auggie
Back to top Go down
SonofSol

SonofSol

Male
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Our Elixir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 10:24 am

He might as well buy the entire RAMS collection, instead of paying for a bootleg version of just ONE of the texts on the disc, no one should copy the RAMS CDs, as they depend on the small amount they earn we should be thankful that they have provide us with such an exalted service...
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

Our Elixir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:44 pm

Eventually I'm going to send the people of RAMS a little of the Philosopher's Stone so they will have all the money they could ever want, and they will finally allow the RAMS info to be free, just like all the info on Adam Mclean's website (which unfortunately is pure crap compared to what's in RAMS)
Back to top Go down

Our Elixir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 10:58 pm

Quote :
Zulnic, are you guys doing the long digestion process from the Cappucine monk's letter?

You are probably going to have to distill the dew and perform the Ruesenstein method on it if it won't dissolve gold. Only a few people besides myself have been successful in making the Alkahest from dew with digestion alone.

I think what should have been done is the dew should have been boiled down until it's like a dark brown/black water. And the salt should be the pure white "flower of sea salt" which is made by dissolving clean sea salt in clean water out in the sun, and as the water evaporates, salt crystallizes on the surface of the water, and you skim it off. Only the salt that forms on the surface is the solar salt.

Then as you do the calcinations, the dew solution is saturated with so much salt, it pushes out all the black matter from the dew and it deposits all around the flask walls which are much hotter than the water, causing the black material to calcine each time and become gray, then lighter gray, and eventually white. Once the flask is returned to the Balneo Mary bath, the material slowly redissolves back into the dew and colors it black, then light gray, and eventually the solution is crystal clear, and the deposited material is snow white.

I'm preparing to try this experiment myself to see if I'm right, that way I can keep the Cappucine monk letter in the book, but also add the Mutus Liber work (both wet and dry methods), and then add the dry method with the "Philosophical Dew" which should be so fast, it might only take 4 hours (but takes a few days to prepare the red crystals before hand from the "Philosophical Dew").

Hello Nick,
So are you basically saying that the Leyden process is not as simple as it was written in your e-book ? or it´s early to assume it is not working?

Should this aforementioned be taken as an update of the process?

I would like to hear how are the leyden process going with the others that started it, or it didn´t work at all,
Did I miss something here?

I ask that because I was interested in this simpler but longer process
as I m not having a chance right now to start the " 24hrs Alkahest"
due to lack of a proper space and for setting up all the distillation
hardware required.

So any clarification on that would be welcome.
Back to top Go down

Our Elixir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 5:44 am

mrgiller wrote:
lack of a proper space and for setting up all the distillation
hardware required.

Mrgiller cheak out ( Moonshine ) in r.a.m.s may be you need very little to do the work.
Back to top Go down

Our Elixir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 12:07 pm

Ok
I still don´t own RAMS.
I want to try the path already given.
like I was p´lanning to start it on october-november , wich will be
the right moon on the south hemisphere.

I`m not into the 24 Hrs alkahest yet. not need to hurry.

If the cappucine monk works as a great medicine it will be a blessing
already.

But since the focus of this forum has switched to the Instant Gratification Alkahest it seeoms that nobody is giving feedback on the original thing that started the forum. It s like the full law of octaves is taking place here.

When Nick posted the subject about some guy who spoke things about his other group in another forum I went to check there what they are saying. I wasn´t aware of other alchemy foruns.

I found the predictable thing that is common ground in all "esoteric" groups. that is, arrogancy and infkated egos. They are laughiing at this
forum and think the leyden process is crap.
I wonder if where people learn alchemy they also could teach a person to be humble.
Maybe this is the missing link for things not working so well for many.

Although there is a guy there that tried the process and confirmed the alkahestr truning sweet in flavour in the 4th cicle.

That being said I wish we could establish what worked and what not worked so far in the Leyden letter and if it is real or not.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

Our Elixir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 3:08 pm

mrgiller wrote:
That being said I wish we could establish what worked and what not worked so far in the Leyden letter and if it is real or not.

If it is real or not? You must have let the garbage you read at AlchemyForums.com rot your brain. lol

I guess the fact I dedicated a whole book to it means nothing? And the fact I said I've had personal success with it is also meaningless?
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

Our Elixir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 3:10 pm

mrgiller wrote:
Ok
I still don´t own RAMS.
I want to try the path already given.

Someone posted a copy of the entire process in one of the Ruesenstein threads, but maybe they removed it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Our Elixir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Our Elixir Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our Elixir
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next