created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Our Elixir

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:50 pm

I want to putrify more dew but it is getting too cold and it will freeze soon. Does anyone have any good ideas about how to putrify in the winter months?
Back to top Go down
auggie

Male
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:54 am

Well gang , I got my glassware un-stuck , ( propane torch ) and cleaned and also did my final distillation on 335 ML of boiled Glacier water and also 335 ML of boiled Mtn. Pool rainwater.. I gently dried the corpse of each batch.. and poured the spirit over each corpse . now both batches are sealed and in a gentle warmth for 24 hrs. each.. I also boiled my last batch of dew water and put it in my faux oak bucket to start the putrifying process.. Im doing that in my laundry room as its 30 degrees out side.. Auggie
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:16 am

I've been to a couple of Bartletts workshops new video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTiD5DpbQIw).. I just moved from Bellingham to North Bend. Auggie we should get together sometime in the future...
Back to top Go down
auggie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:27 pm

hello again..well I removed both the flasks from their 90 degree, 24 HR. "gentle warmth" then I filtered both spirits thru wet filter paper " that which is pure will flow through". I saved a small portion of each flask for the balneo mary , 24 HR. gold foil test.. as per Nick.. Ive got two buckets of hot water on electric hot plates dialed in at approx 120 degrees with my flasks with gold foil in them. so i should know by 2pm. tomorrow afternoon if the gold dissolved Wink Auggie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
auggie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:49 pm

Question: has anyone heard of an Australian company "The Phoenix Library of Alchemy Manuscripts" they sell a DVD rom with 70 titles 15 thousand words.. Very simular to RAMS but many.... Different titles for $32.00 usa http://www.alchemy-books.com/cdroms I ordered the DVD over a month ago, but they dont answer their e-mails. I'm just wondering if their a scam. As they did cash my paypal payment. and im wondering if anyone else has been scamed by them or if their happy with them, and the company just has poor people skills .. Take a look at the site and the full list of titles on the dvd anf youll see why i was origionally excited.. but now concerned Auggie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
auggie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:21 am

Well ..its been 37 hrs. since i put the gold leaf into my glacial alkahest & my mtn. pool alkahest at 120 degrees balnomary..But So far no reaction..So I'll leave it in there longer.. Also my Phoenix Alchemy DVD finally arrived today ,the different formulas are in Olde English with Museum photo copys of the Origional documents.. very difficult to read, full of mis-spellings and odd letters.. Shocked ... just the kind of stuff Nick like to wade thru.. take care Auggie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
auggie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:41 am

I'm pretty dissapointed and confused with my efforts so far with the Reusenstein dew method.. Sad has anyone actually managed to dissolve gold leaf in their dew alkahest yet ? I either never had any philosophical water to begin with ,or I made a serious error some where in the process.. I keep hearing the statements in my head.. "Its so simple child can do it" and "just follow Reusenstein its clearly written".. I have a tiny batch of dew fermenting right now but thats 5 weeks away before its ready.. Auggie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AB

Male
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:06 am

Auggie ~

Electrolysis is a method of using an electric current to drive an otherwise non-spontaneous chemical reaction.

If the Alkahest is too weak to dissolve gold spontaneously, you could theoretically use electrolysis to break down gold electrodes into particles small enough for the Alkahest to fully dissolve. It will also leave a black residue (feces???)

I've tried this on clear distilled dew spirit and it gave it a yellowish tint by dissolving only a small amount of gold. However, I am not an expert in chemistry and you should seek out advice from someone more knowledgeable in this area, because you might just be making a colloidal suspension which may even be poisonous for ingestion...

If it is, however, not meant for ingestion - you could give it a try and leave the rest of the recipe untouched.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:20 am

If you want to avoid getting the black feces you have to wipe the electrodes every few minutes. When I make colloidial silver I use a HP printer transformer, 32v@400mv. I leave it run for 7 minutes and clean the electrodes off with a scotchbright pad, and repeat 2 more times. Keep it in a dark bottle out of direct sunlight. Salt and heat speeds up this process and the aforementioned is at room temp in distilled water with no saline solution added. You can also use 3 9v batteries wired in series.
Back to top Go down
AB

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:44 am

1. You can filter out the feces in the end, just like in the Ruesenstein recipe.

2. This is NOT about making colloidal gold or silver. There are plenty of forums and methods for that. I only suggested electrolysis to help reduce the metal into smaller particles so it's easier for a weaker Alkahest to fully dissolve.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bluefloor
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:05 pm

Auggie,

I found another hole in your procedure. You said you boiled down your original Water from 1 gallon to 3/4. By doing this you would lose the spirit the you need later. You would need to do the boiling inside a distillation system so you don't lose the spirit, then putrify.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
auggie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:13 pm

Very Happy thanks for everyones input .. AB thinks my solution is too weak which i lean towards also and "Blue Floor" thinks I should not have kettle smoked ,or "open boiled" the the water. But instead just boil in Distillation . then continue on with the process via Reusenstein. I han't thought of that , I know in different formulas from different Alchemists the term "Boiling" is used rather loosely sometimes they mean in Distillation and other times it means open air Boiling. Thanks again, everyone and thats a beautiful, haunting logo you picked "Blue floor" Auggie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AB

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:08 pm

Auggie ~

I personally think it IS a good idea to reduce the material to a liquorish consistency, but I don't necessarily subscribe to boiling it, but rather evaporate it naturally, so we don't lose the volatile salts which appear to be important ingredients of the Spirit that we distill after the putrefaction.

By evaporating in the heat of a summer's day, we concentrate the solution without losing the volatile components needed for a strong Spirit. And if you insist on boiling - I'd also recommend to do so in distillation.

I am not working on this particular path right now, but I've made it a habit not to throw away anything that hasn't left the building by natural evaporation (-:

Those are just my personal opinions... and I am way too focused on the "Dry Path" to give you more expert advice on the wet one you are currently attempting. If someone has dissolved gold with the "wet" Alkahest - please come forward and share your experience.

(-:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bluefloor
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:17 pm

I am just using some logic here. The instructions say to boil, then putrify, then distill off spirit. But if you have already open boiled then "a" spirit escaped. Maybe the spirit we are after is created in putfication. I don't know. Just something that caught my attention.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AB

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:23 pm

bluefloor wrote:
The instructions say to boil, then putrify, then distill off spirit.

The instructions say to "smoke" :-)

You know how it is with old alchemical texts...

Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bluefloor
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:36 pm

Quote :
The instructions say to "smoke" :-)

You are right. I was just using the conclusion that the forum has come to that smoking means boiling in this instance. What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:04 am

Hi Auggie and Bluefloor,

I have a copy of the original of Ruesenstein in German. He writes he poured it into a kettle and left it to "verrauchen" till it became a liquour which looked like a puddle of manure. The German "verrauchen" comes from "Rauch" which means smoke. But the English smoking in that sense means "räuchern" in German. So under no circumstance Ruesenstein meant to smoke it but he clearly meant to evaporate it.

So we have that clear once and for all.

Secondly neither Ruesenstein says to destil it but to evaporate it in an open kettle as well as the Master Gualdo in the following:

>>>>>Gualdus said: I will tell you why this happens, but first I will tell you how to prepare May dew. Take as much May dew as you can get and pour it into a kettle. Boil it for a good while and pour it into a little barrel and cover it with little planks of wood. Leave it to stand under the roof (where the Suns rays never touch it) until it begins to stink and decay. Then proceed as I told you, but take care that the Water from which you wish to extract the Salt or Menstruum has been boiled or simmered before it is left to putrefy. Without boiling it you will get a Spiritum, and it will also putrefy without boiling, but it will be weak and bad. However, if it has been boiled first, it decays more easily and gives a greater volume of Spiritum.<<<<<

Gualdo and others in the Ruesenstein repeatedly state the it is not the spirit or liquid that does the trick but the salts that are dissolved in it.
My logic is that they evaporate it down to concentrate the salts in the "spirit".

Auggie I will study your comments in detail and will give you my opinion to what happened.

Frank
Smile
Back to top Go down
bluefloor
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:41 am

Auggie,

I see now that the point I was making does not matter because he was ONLY working with the "puddle of manure", so he must not have minded losing whatever escaped.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:02 am

Hi Auggie and Bluefloor,

The obvious is that the solution is too weak. But why? It could be that one is supposed to boil the dew down to ½ (several time mentioned in the Ruesenstein paper)or even to a puddle of manure. To be on the safe side one should probably evaporate it in a distillation system. Because the steam keeps rising but also falls down again like in circulation so you probably loose less volatile salt. A kettle normally has a small opening but it has also a roof from where the condensed water can drip down.

Don’t give up Auggie, we’ll get there in the end.

Frank
Smile
Back to top Go down
auggie

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:23 pm

Hello again gang.. Thanks for being so supportive.. AB thinks "Natural evaporation" is the ticket. but a little time consumeing..Frank suggests " ,Evaporate by distillation" and Bluefloor suggests that the actual Spirit is created during the More importaint "Putrification process"..All very good observations. Thank you I will think about all of them.. Heres an un-related observation I have made.. Oak seems to play an importaint part in the dew method. It also is used present day, in mushroom growing, As the oils in oak prevent un-wanted molds from growing after sterilization.. Yikes!! Sound familiar ? Hum? ...... Also Rusenstein mentioned in one of his processes on Pg. 74.... "Put 3 measures of water in a large sugar glass.. "Put pieces of Wood in it " ? .....and place in the cellar.. So The water in a glass container wasn't enough to start the proper putrification ( Wood needed to be added..) Interesting dont you think . Something to seriously consider.. Auggie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:19 pm

∴N.D.C∴ said:
It seems to me that some supernatural force is preventing everyone on this forum from succeeding in making the stone.

I know what you mean.
Laughing
Thank you again for stalking us.
"Accidit in puncto quod non speratur in anno".
Translation: in a while it happens what you work and strife for all the year long.
Working hard, of course.

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:46 pm

Hi all,
I would like to hunt with you the water stone in my saturnine-fashioned way.
But at the same time I don’t want to appear assertive.
I’m not qualified, I’m myself looking for my solution of the question.
My way is to create rules that can be starting points.
Sometimes it works. So, well, I think that the best thing is
1) to have a lot of rain water or dew
2) then to start experiments in the different directions possible (for this reason I’m inventing the cheapest distillation apparels that can distil at the lower temp.)
3) at the end I WANT to dissolve those gold leaves.
4) This means that I’ve a lot of smoking or distilling apparels on a big pan full of sand (that’s on the heating plate reactor) smoking or distilling in different ways the different kinds of waters
5) and, in the meanwhile, I’m putrefying in big glass containers with or without oak wood slices and,
6) with very little flasks (10-20 ml), I’m testing the solving power of the waters in the different moments of the different distillations.
I start one week ago this way to Operate: any insight, I think, will come from doing it.
Because we did a lot of things in different ways collecting dew or rain, leaving it somewhere etc… And, as Frank said, it's like baking a cake.

I’m and I will always very grateful to Nick, that gave me the keys of the Work in a way no one did before, and all of you for your hints: I’m not joking, in my renaissance mind you are Kings and Queens and I hail you with reverences, trying to understand at my best what you are saying.
But starting to Operate, for what I know, I don’t know nothing until I do it.
Insight will come, doing the right thing.

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AB

Male

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:22 am

On the question of boiling, distilling or naturally evaporating the fresh Morning Dew, my final experience-based answer is to boil/simmer down to a liquor-like consistency. The volatile salts we are after will not form until the matter is putrefied and decomposed, so nothing of real importance will be lost during the initial boiling.

If anything, the boiling will accelerate the decomposing process and will result in a stronger Alkahest. Before putrefaction, the immature Spirit of Dew (which becomes the Alkahest when united with the salts after putrefaction) has a higher boiling point than the superfluous water and will not boil away before the water.

Also, if the fresh dew is more on the clear/odorless side and if boiling it down doesn't result in a liquor-like consistency, then it's most likely not fit for the process.

This is my personal experience with this path. Others may discover different things...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
phillip_reed

Male
Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:26 am

top of pg 109 ruesenstein path, after the 24 hours in BM when you filter the first time before adding gold to it, this is the elixir right?, and the filter paper, it doesn't state to use wine spirit this time on this water, right? this afternoon i have about 200mls of "water" at this stage in the path, ready! i can ingest this alkehest at this stage, correct? it was made by 20 liters of collected dew water and now it is concentrated 200mls of dew alkahest, i'm about to filter the water solution now and have a taste. i only have silver in the form of a silver coin, i'll file a few shavings off and place it into bm again for another day to see where i'm at in this path tomorrow. i will start collecting dew again near the start of Dec coming up to the full moon, and see how much i can collect in that week and concentrate that as well.

Last edited by phillip_reed on Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz48/Avatar1979/dew%20alchemy

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:17 pm

Philipp,

I'd only take 6 times the weight of the silver of your dew filtrate. Don't waste all your dew on it. If it dissolves, get gold for the rest.

Just a suggestion.

Good luck!

Frank
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Elixir   

Back to top Go down

Our Elixir
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lost Academy :: Alchemy :: Practical Alchemy-