The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mystery of GW

Go down 
+9
alkem5161
frankjames
alexbr
Schmildvich
PulvisRubeus
fatalxerror
skipperthekipper
Kirk
Traveller
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Traveller

Male
Number of posts : 852
Registration date : 2016-11-12

Mystery of GW Empty
PostSubject: Mystery of GW   Mystery of GW Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 3:40 pm

over

Last edited by Traveller on Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

Mystery of GW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery of GW   Mystery of GW Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 4:04 pm

over

Last edited by Traveller on Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

Mystery of GW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery of GW   Mystery of GW Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 6:32 pm

over

Last edited by Traveller on Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

Mystery of GW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery of GW   Mystery of GW Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 8:27 am

over

Last edited by Traveller on Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:56 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male
Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-03-10

Mystery of GW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery of GW   Mystery of GW Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 5:49 pm

Hi Traveller,

I read the treatise by Fourcroy, quite interesting, a re-read for sure.
Possibly it could be an easier way to achieve our substance . One thing about this , specifically being the red, are they really red or simply coloured by the oils. It has been my experience, the more they are cleaned and purified, the colour is lost.

It has really been cool to see the activity in the Forum as of late and you guys have re-ignited my interest, as I have let my activity to become dormant though daily checking for activity.

Having said this it must be pointed out, that, I am a DIY'er. I process no real chemistry education besides trial and error learning. Alchemical concepts grabbed my attention about 10 yrs ago and has been my muse ever since.

But my affair with the esoteric art comes and goes, I find it helps in basic understanding of a very confusing topic. sometimes it feels over my head, the different states of salts or the many interpretations of the great work.

As well my lab is made of DIY devices, though now better and true equipment is in my possession enabling advancement except it blows my missus's mind if any work is down inside, sooo i use very slow methods.

There have those who insist I'll not get it accomplished using this method but I have discovered many variations of results which when referencing other work, I do recognize what they are describing.

Sooo....  we moved this past year and I came across a litre which had been evaping, it had become a fiery red and I decided to try re-charging it with some new,   something i'd not done before. Well it went right back to brown and later black, seemed as if I was going backwards...   but this morning went in a basement to find it again.

Well it has completely dried out, something which Ive not done b4 and I think it looks really good. No smell in fact a little sweet which is something we want I believe. After its all scraped out I am thinking of testing a portion with Alcohol to see its reaction.

Anyhow, heres a pic to check out...

Mystery of GW Img_4610

Last edited by Kirk on Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

Mystery of GW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery of GW   Mystery of GW Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 7:40 pm

over

Last edited by Traveller on Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:58 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

Mystery of GW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery of GW   Mystery of GW Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 3:10 pm

over

Last edited by Traveller on Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
skipperthekipper

skipperthekipper

Male
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2017-01-16

Mystery of GW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery of GW   Mystery of GW Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 4:01 pm

But, Water within the Air, it needs. wrote:
Traveller
It always needs Destilled water!! Good point Traveller!

As far as your experiment is going Kirk, I am interested in your test results! Looks quite spectacular, did you ferment this with Gold? Quite spectacular!
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

Mystery of GW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery of GW   Mystery of GW Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 11:27 am

over

Last edited by Traveller on Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

Mystery of GW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery of GW   Mystery of GW Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 11:52 am

Wow sir, looking awesome, I need to watch the "Pirates of the Caribbean Sea", once again.

Back to top Go down
skipperthekipper

skipperthekipper

Male

Mystery of GW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery of GW   Mystery of GW Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 1:12 pm

Thank you Traveller!
Feeling awesome Basketball and ready to play ball!! AC/DC, "Let's play ball!"
I love their new hit!
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male

Mystery of GW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery of GW   Mystery of GW Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 2:44 pm

Thanks skipperthekipper,

Nice picture! looks awesome, our family used to have a boat, many fun times on it.

No I did not ferment anything with it. This batch was a forgotten fluke.
I had been decanting it in order to capture a saturated solution, allowing it to get fiery and a cleaner fix. Then after about 6 months decided to throw caution to the wind and infuse it with some freshness.

(Many have stated not to do that but hey, its all a mystery to me!)

possibly it happened to be the right proportions as there is no goo, it is definitely fixed. In total it is about a year old. And as mentioned earlier, a sample will be taken and have an alcohol poured over and see what the result will be, which will be posted.

...keep on sailing!
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male

Mystery of GW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery of GW   Mystery of GW Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 2:48 pm

hi Traveller,

thanks for the posting, I have been examining versions of the mentioned method but I do keep finding reprints of the same version. Also I will check my book by Nick, to see if that one is any different (now where is that box of books! lol) otherwise when time permits I'll go deeper into the Web.

study
Back to top Go down
skipperthekipper

skipperthekipper

Male

Mystery of GW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery of GW   Mystery of GW Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 2:58 pm

Thanks Kirk,
But, you know, just POSING! lol!
Looking forward to the test results Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male

Mystery of GW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery of GW   Mystery of GW Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 4:30 pm

Hello,

I have some results of my test but first it must be noted, that, to work without fire takes much, much longer to advance the work, and some results may be miss-leading. Personally, I have known this fact and realize it may take me in directions not needed. In the end it gives myself further understanding of the substances we handle.

So.... my Ore which I referenced earlier has become something not encountered for myself before. As it has been wet in some form or another, it was easily separated and singled out. This occasion, as it was allowed to completely dry it has taken on stronger characteristics.

(it must be noted that the first sample had been decanted a couple times in order to remove all feces no matter what they are. Those too were cleaned and separated for education.)

Our Ore has dried 100%, once covered in Alcohol , any hint of oiliness has been removed and discoloured the liquid to a slight yellow. After this step, some of its sweetness scent has disappeared leaving more of a familiar vulgar scent.

Most interesting though has been how the crystallation has etched itself to the glass (we know this can happen with other finished Ores)
So to remove any of the sample it must be chipped away, like how many Artists in the past have needed to break their retorts.

Due to my process in this case I am missing my spirit denying a marriage. If I had, probably, my Ore could be crushed and born to fire in order to free the exalted and later find a new bride in order to grow the family.

I will post more going forward.

ps as summer soon comes I plan to move work outdoors and set up a fire to work.
Back to top Go down
skipperthekipper

skipperthekipper

Male

Mystery of GW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery of GW   Mystery of GW Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 1:30 pm

Hi Kirk,
Sounds interesting, but I may have a good tip for you.
1. I read many times, you should not put anything enstranged to your Ore. i.e. Alcohol
2. There is an oil, in this substance you will need. Redish
3. The further the Ore is purified, the more sweet it is supposed to smell.
and 4. Cleaning means to separate the black from the white.
It is also said, that: There is nothing of this Ore that is not important.
However, when the black appears to "pan out" and only that remains, you can throw that out, it appears. But there is usually not very much left. Also, in the beginning, during purification, i.e. after the first destilling of fresh Ore, you need to heat up the deposits left over in the bottom of the alembic in a heat, of the highest degree. There is an impurity adhereing to it and only heat will free it up and cling to the inside of your alembic...black...

I'm no genius at this and I have started over at least 20 times, maybe more. But each time I start over, it always gets better. Enlightenment seems to come with each attempt.
One more thing, work on getting an Ore from a healthy young source on the morning of a full moon. Some start working with it right away, but if you let it putrify for a few days, it becomes more volitale. You want this. When you boil it for the first time, it will spew a voluntary vomit and bring a special salt over with it and into your receptical. I think here is where the Salt separates itself from the Sulfur.
I'm doing this for the first time and I am going to use this "new earth" to actuate the destilled water and hopefully make our mercury.
I'm trying to get a white AND a Red earth and then marry them with the actuated mercury water...
Watch closely for the "voluntary VOMIT" HA HA, it will blow the top off of your alembic, but if you are ready for it, it should be controllable, unless you are boiling too hot.
Sure hope you are having as much fun with this as I have. Sure there are disappointments, but the enlightenments, when they work, give you such a fine insight to this matter, you KNOW you are going to get this done, "one fine day"!

keep this alive Kirk,
tell me what you think or if you have any question, just ask..
good luck
Skip
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male

Mystery of GW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery of GW   Mystery of GW Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 2:30 pm

Hi Skipper,

thanks for your input and support.

Ive completed an alcohol wash of our ore, there was no breakdown of the material but just a slight cleaning of it. In the end it is fixed and dry but can easily be crushed between fingers as is a little brittle and will leave a slight oily feel when done so.

As Im not one to use fire at the present time, it could be seen beneficial to further digest in order to precipitate any of the unwanted feces. Then some more distillation in order to collect what we desire.

having said the above it was an interesting test to witness the reaction and find some further understanding of our ore in using an alternative method, especially in avoiding the whole goey stage!

In time as the warmer season arrives this project will be revisited hoping to move forward. In the meantime another batch will be started in hopes of repeating the process.

Mystery of GW Img_4613
Mystery of GW Img_4614
Back to top Go down
skipperthekipper

skipperthekipper

Male

Mystery of GW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery of GW   Mystery of GW Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 2:26 pm

Hi Kirk,
Can you crush this earth? or shouldn't you? But if its oily, it smears orange/redish right? mmmh. Where is your mercury water? Maybe disolve that in it to see if it turns white or red? Keep it up on your side and I'll try it on my side. This could be quite informative...
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male

Mystery of GW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery of GW   Mystery of GW Icon_minitimeSun Mar 05, 2017 10:26 pm

Hi skipperthekipper,

yes it crushes and is little oily, and when dissolved is red - nice.

I've seperated it into 2, rocks and little ones with dust. Deciding to test the latter with a fresh one time infusion, allowing it to breathe. It really did change fast, from an obvious yellow to a quick blackish brown and now going orangey (is that a word  lol!) with early hints of red again.

Though I can't help but to check each day it will require a good philosophical month to complete itself, hoping I will end up with another fixed batch and increased result.

study
Back to top Go down
skipperthekipper

skipperthekipper

Male

Mystery of GW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery of GW   Mystery of GW Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 3:10 pm

Hi Kirk,
Why the separation? Just split it in two and make two experiments...
Place one in a Alembic and another in a round bottomed long neck reciever bottle. The Alembic, should be for a destill experiment. Add your destilled water to this and destill again. See if it elevates a cloudy fume at the end of the destillation. You may have to heat it up a little more when its dried out. Somewhere I read that the Mercury water needs to be actuated through this cloudy fume. The water is supposed to turn silvery....?
With the other, put this earth into the flask and add just enough of your destilled water so that it is neither too puddly wet or still too dry. Now heat this with a low heat, like that such as used for the hatching of eggs. 38° to 40° Cel. I think that's around 100 to 102° F.
Whether you are supposed to seal the flask or just leave it open, is unclear as yet to me. But it is supposed to dry out. When it does, it starts to turn creamy white in patches. Add more water like before and this whiteness should start predominating until after a few repeats, it is completely creamy white.
If you'ld rather, just keep on with your own experiment. This is just one you could add, if yours doesn't seem to be working. You do need "Your water" however.  How many times "your water" needs to be destilled and redestilled (cohobating) , is unclear. Some say until it is clear, some say 10  time. But you'll need it, it is the mercury water from your Ore.
Keep it up
Later
Skip
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

Mystery of GW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery of GW   Mystery of GW Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 3:48 am

Hello "fatalXerror"...

I think error is not in hard drive or in fatal part of your pc, but error is in your virtual memory, so please clear this error, and always seek the truth even if it is given by a great Alchemist, or me or by anyone else.
Back to top Go down
fatalxerror

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2017-02-12

Mystery of GW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery of GW   Mystery of GW Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 9:06 am

Traveller wrote:
Hello "fatalXerror"...

I think error is not in hard drive or in fatal part of your pc, but error is in your virtual memory, so please clear this error, and always seek the truth even if it is given by a great Alchemist, or me or by anyone else.

Thank you friend. I will keep an open mind of course.
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

Mystery of GW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery of GW   Mystery of GW Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2017 11:08 am

over

Last edited by Traveller on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

Mystery of GW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery of GW   Mystery of GW Icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2017 12:04 am

over

Last edited by Traveller on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Traveller

Male

Mystery of GW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery of GW   Mystery of GW Icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2017 2:38 am

over

Last edited by Traveller on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mystery of GW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mystery of GW   Mystery of GW Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mystery of GW
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next