The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Weidenfeld First Menstruum

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
frankjames

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2012-10-25

Weidenfeld First Menstruum Empty
PostSubject: Weidenfeld First Menstruum   Weidenfeld First Menstruum Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 10:17 am

Of
Vegetable Menstruums.
The First Kind.
Simple Vegetable Menstruums made
of Philosophical Wine only.
I. The Heaven, Effluence, or Spirit of Wine of Lully
Described Can. 1. Dist. 1. Lib. De Quinta Essentia.

Take Wine Red or White, the best that may be had, or at least take Wine that is not any way eager, neither too little nor too much thereof, and distil an Aqua Ardens as the custom is, through Brass Pipes, and then rectify it four times for better purification.

But I tell you it is enough to rectify it three times, and stop it close (sealed), that the burning Spirit may not exhale, because herein have many men erred, thinking it ought to be seven times rectified, but my Son, it is an infallible sign to you when you shall have seen that Sugar steeped in it, and being put to the flame burneth away as Aqua ardens (Burning water)

Now having the water thus prepared, you have the matter out of which the Quintessence is to be made, which is one principal thing we intend to treat of in this Book.

Take therefore that, and put it in a circulating Vessel, or in a Pelican, which is called the Vessel of Hermes and close the hole very tight (seal very tight) with Olibanum or Mastic being soft, or quick lime mixed with the White of Eggs, and put it in Dung, which is naturally most hot, or the remains of a Wine-press, in which no heat must be by accident diminished, which you may do, my Son, if you put a great quantity of which you please of those things at a corner of the House, which quantity must be about thirty Load.

This ought to be, that the Vessel may not want heat, because should heat be wanting, the circulation of the water would be impaired , and that which we seek for un-effected; but if a continual heat be administered to it by continual circulations, our Quintessence will be separated in the colour of Heaven, which may be seen by a diametrical Line, which divides the upper part, that is the Quintessence, from the lower, namely, from the Feces, which are of a muddy colour.

Circulation being continued many days together in a circulating Vessel, or in the Vessel  of Hermes, the Hole, which you sealed with the said Matter, must be opened, and if a wonderful Scent go out, so as that no fragrancy of the world can be compared to it insomuch as putting the Vessel to a corner of the House, it can by an invisible Miracle draw all that pass in, to it; or the Vessel being put upon a Tower, draws all Birds within the reach of its Scent, so as to cause them to stand about it.

Then will you have, my Son, our Quintessence which is otherwise called Vegetable Mercury at your will, to apply in the Magistery of the transmutation of Metals: But if you find not the influx of Attraction, stop (Seal) the Vessel again,, as before; and put it in the place before appointed, and there let it stand untill you attain to the aforesaid Sign.

But this Quintessence thus glorified, will not have that Scent, except a Body be dissolved in it, nor have that heat in your mouth Aqua Ardens. (Burning water)

This is indeed by the Philosophers called the Key of the whole Art of Philosophy, and as well Heaven, as our Quintessence, which arrives to so great a sublimity, that either with it by itself alone, or with the earthly Stars (Metals) the Operator of this work may do miracles upon the Earth.
Back to top Go down
chasm369

chasm369

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2018-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Weidenfeld First Menstruum   Weidenfeld First Menstruum Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 11:55 am

This is an interesting post FJ. I wonder, what is it that you think it is saying?
I agree that it is the key to the whole art, but this particular tract is written with such ambiguity as to be completely confounding.

Sure, the author is telling us to use red or white Wine, but what Wine is he speaking of?
The obvious answer would be some good type of wine from which alcohol can be distilled and purified so that sugar dissolved in it burns away as Aqua Ardens.
We can imagine sambuca being poured into a glass and set aflame and having a pleasing occular effect. Very Happy
This, imho, is misdirection. But I'm curious to know what you think is being described?
Back to top Go down
T.P.

T.P.

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2012-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Weidenfeld First Menstruum   Weidenfeld First Menstruum Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2018 11:53 pm

chasm369 wrote:
But I'm curious to know what you think is being described?

Distillaton, rectification and circulation of ordinary wine with a lot of invented bullshit and superstition. Why do people take Weidenfeld's claims so seriously? He just wrote a compendium of other peoples work with his added commentary and opinions.
Back to top Go down
chasm369

chasm369

PostSubject: Re: Weidenfeld First Menstruum   Weidenfeld First Menstruum Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 1:20 pm

T.P. wrote:
chasm369 wrote:
But I'm curious to know what you think is being described?

Distillaton, rectification and circulation of ordinary wine with a lot of invented bullshit and superstition. Why do people take Weidenfeld's claims so seriously? He just wrote a compendium of other peoples work with his added commentary and opinions.

It's the directness that he speaks with that I believe has everyone fixated on him. He relates information in a direct sense, hiding his true meaning behind the correct interpretation of spirit of wine. viz. If one can correctly determine what this philosophical spirit of wine is, then all of his work is to be followed as a recipe to whatever outcome.
Back to top Go down
T.P.

T.P.

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2012-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Weidenfeld First Menstruum   Weidenfeld First Menstruum Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 5:57 pm

By "his work" you mean the recipes of others? Weidenfeld wasn't an Adept, he was just commenting on other peoples work with his own speculations on things like "the spirit of wine".

True Adepts were writing about Spiritus Mundi, water flowing under the hollow oak tree, the fountain of Trevisan and such things and then comes Weidenfeld with his "spirit of wine"... Come on, dude!
Back to top Go down
chasm369

chasm369

PostSubject: Re: Weidenfeld First Menstruum   Weidenfeld First Menstruum Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2018 3:56 pm

T.P. wrote:
By "his work" you mean the recipes of others? Weidenfeld wasn't an Adept, he was just commenting on other peoples work with his own speculations on things like "the spirit of wine".

True Adepts were writing about Spiritus Mundi, water flowing under the hollow oak tree, the fountain of Trevisan and such things and then comes Weidenfeld with his "spirit of wine"... Come on, dude!

Many adepts write from the work of others. The ones that stand out, however, have adapted a style of their own. But there are key points in all of the differing philosophies or styles that must and do correspond with one another. These reference points are a sort of key to the acroamatic cipher. These corresponding points basically tell you that the scripts are saying the same thing.
What I've done is a type of frequency analysis. If one has reference to a true alchemic process, then one would have something by which to compare all of the ciphers to. One would then be able to match symbol to symbol from the different scripts and form a common understanding.

Weidenfeld has simply realized that the adepts, during a certain era, hid their art by likening it to wine making. He realized that all recipes calling for spirit of wine, were actually meaning , philosophical spirit of wine.
This, imo, was no easy task. It was quite astute! There are solid spirits as well as liquid ones. Weidenfeld must of seen or realized something in order for him to hide his knowledge behind spirit of wine.
I myself can see what he did. And I know why AND he is correct in every sense. Everything within the alchemic process can be termed Mercury.
It just exhibits different forms during its formation.
The end result is a stone...a mercuric stone which is highly rectified.
Philosophical spirit of wine is this same Mercury.

So, it was pretty clever if you asked me, that Weidenfeld substituted Mercury/Stone, for Philosophical spirit of wine. He's giving the recipes of others which require a secret solvent, which he substitutes as philosophical spirit of wine.
Hence his work, his twist on the acroamatic cipher, appears clear and open when in fact he maintains the secret like anyone who is following the path should.
I have no issues with Weidenfeld. My friend Alex thought that his work was open. I maintain that it isn't, however, if one has correctly interpreted his meaning of philosophical spirit of wine, then perhaps his writings have different meaning.
None of us can say whether there was subterfuge or not, so Weidenfeld and his knowledge is something we can only come to know from a point of view of recognizing why he uses spirit of wine in a way that allows what he had to say, to correspond with the words of the adepts.

These are just my musings of course.  Very Happy  Maybe Weidenfeld knew nothing, though I highly doubt that!
Back to top Go down
alexbr

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Weidenfeld First Menstruum   Weidenfeld First Menstruum Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 8:52 am

spiritus wines philosophical and weidenfeld

SURE undoubtedly weidenfeld knew and understood how to extract the spiritus wines philosophici ALSO from the true URIIIINE and the friend chasm has about this reason and soon on that we will publish secret weindenfeld manuscripts that also clearly and explicitly attest and with clear operation

But as usual we always say we must also reiterated and affirmed that the weindenfel always in his secret manuscripts of which I put here the titles of some examples of them:

clm_responsiones-part-one-1.and 2, Sequela Observationum in Doctrinam Majeri, Sequela-observationum-de-nature-foeminin, and various Sloane-manuscrip about his method to extact spiritus wine philosophica by various matters in the different kingdoms etc etc

NOW in all these secrets and unknown manuscripts weindenfeld explicitly states and explains that in order to extract the spiritus wine philosophici there are 80 subjects
both vegetables and minerals that animals as well as various metamorphic astrals and multiple materials that are present in all the various kingdoms of alchemy from which with the same methodology but with various and different subjects the spiritus wines philosophci is esteemed and soon with new and targeted publications everything will be well explained operationally

Regard

spiritus wines philosophical and weidenfeld

certo indubbiamente weidenfeld sapeva e aveva capito come estrarre lo spiritus vini philosophici dall'urina vero e l'amico chasm ha circa cio ragione e presto su cio verranno pubblicati dei manoscritti di weindenfeld segreti che anche attestano chiaramente ed esplicitamente e con chiara operativita cio  

MA altrtesi come sempre diciamo va anche ribadito e affermato che  il weindenfel sempre nei suoi manoscritti segreti di cui qui metto i titoli di alcuni esempi di essi :

clm_responsiones-part-one-1.and 2, Sequela Observationum in Doctrinam Majeri, Sequela-observationum-de-nature-foeminin, and various Sloane-manuscrip about his method to extact spiritus wine philosophica by various matters in the different kingdoms etc etc

ORA in tutti questi segreti e sconosciuti manoscritti il weindenfeld afferma e spiega molto esplicitamente che per estrarne lo spiritus wine philosophici esistono ben 80 materie
sia vegetali che minierali che animali nonche astrali metorici varie e molteplici matererie che sono presenti in tutti i vari regni dell'alchimia da cui con medesima metodologia ma con materie varie e diverse si esttrae lo spiritus vini philosophci e presto con nuove e mirate pubblicazioni tutto sara ben spiegato operativamente

Regard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weidenfeld First Menstruum   Weidenfeld First Menstruum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weidenfeld First Menstruum
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lost Academy :: Alchemy :: Practical Alchemy-
Jump to: