The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dew collection, new method.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Dew collection, new method. Empty
PostSubject: Dew collection, new method.   Dew collection, new method. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:20 pm

I recently came up with a way to collect a great amount of dew regardless off atmospheric conditions which is actually a rather simple mechanism to construct and think that this idea is worth sharing with the members of this forum. All that is required is a simple fish pump that can be obtained at any pet store for very little expense as well as a plastic hose that can be purchased from a pet supply store also. Then simply place a container of water saturated with salt in your freezer. The salt lowers the freezing temperature of water allowing for a free flowing water that is as cold as ice. You then take this water and flow it through the plastic tube with the fish pump. If you coil this plastic tube and hang it above an empty bucket the dew which will condense on this tube in all temperatures above 32 degrees Fahrenheit, provided that there is adequate humidity, will then drip into said bucket. The great thing about the use of a narrow tube as opposed to a jug or similar container which can also be used to condense dew is that the tube allows for a much greater surface area, which consequently allows for the collection of more dew. This is the reason that the condensers and evaporators on the back of a refrigerator as well as the ones on the inside of an air conditioner are constructed of small thin tubes. I plan to construct this device myself and utilize it starting next month during the full moon quarter. I will post pictures after I have verified its utility.

Sincerely:

Silverdragon07 sunny

Last edited by silverdragon07 on Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection, new method.   Dew collection, new method. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:35 pm

Thanks you man!!! it is a very good idea, as most of us are having problems collecting the presious liquid-

-Oscar sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Welcome.   Dew collection, new method. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 3:45 pm

You are welcome my friend. Thank you for your feed back.

Sincerely:

Silverdragon07 sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection, new method.   Dew collection, new method. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 4:20 pm

Thank you for the idea Silverdragon7. I really need to improve myself in collecting dew. So all ideas are welcome. I am working with 2 isolated panels now but it's a little bulky.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Dew collection update.   Dew collection, new method. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:47 pm

I have discovered that, even if supersaturated with salt, water will still freeze in the average freezer. This is easily remedied though if you use antifreeze for a car radiator instead of salt water.

Sincerely:

Silverdragon07
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection, new method.   Dew collection, new method. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 4:49 pm

silverdragon07 wrote:
I have discovered that, even if supersaturated with salt, water will still freeze in the average freezer. This is easily remedied though if you use antifreeze for a car radiator instead of salt water.

Sincerely:

Silverdragon07

Hey, Your first method seems like it would work very well. Give it a
try and let us know how it works.

Be careful with antifreeze. EG (Ethelene Glycol) is very poisonous.

MO-1 king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Ethelene Glycol   Dew collection, new method. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:17 pm

Yes your right about the toxicity of Ethelene Glycol and I would recommend using extreme caution and insuring that your hose has no leaks. One can also take the added precaution of using one of the many non-toxic environmentally friendly antifreeze formulas available. Unfortunately my saltwater, although not frozen solid, has become a slush that would be to difficult for a fishpump to handle.

Sincerely:

Silverdragon07 sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection, new method.   Dew collection, new method. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:22 pm

Very inventive SilverDragon...
Very clever...

I have had my own idea of obtaining more dew, which has to also with using the cold...

Get a few copper pipes. Fill them 90% with water. Put them into a big freezer so that you have a bunch of ice cold copper pipes... wrap them in Saran wrap so that the dew doesn't contact the copper metal - have the tips of the pipes all pointing down, forming a cone formation - the cone formation is one that i read on the dew collecting sites is one of the best forms for dew production.

However, I am concerned that we may be trying forcing the Dew too much.
I am not saying I wouldn't try this, or your method, just stating that I am concerned that if we try too much to squeeze the dew, it may not be quite right... especially if it is not on nights with powerful and full moons. The importance of this cannot be overlooked.

i can remember some mornings, walking on the fresh grass and my socks being completely soaked. beautiful morning dew...

some nights it's going to come out in earnest. other nights, it's not going to come out. on those nights it doesn't naturally come out, is that dew we want to collect?

Remember, the Great Work has to do with emulating mother nature's rhythms and methods...

again, as with so many things we write about and question... time will tell.

Since this takes so long, I thought it will cool to try several vials at the same time, with different approach.

Moshe
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection, new method.   Dew collection, new method. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 12:33 am

Shlomo wrote:

However, I am concerned that we may be trying forcing the Dew too much.
I am not saying I wouldn't try this, or your method, just stating that I am concerned that if we try too much to squeeze the dew, it may not be quite right... especially if it is not on nights with powerful and full moons. The importance of this cannot be overlooked.
Moshe

I agree with your notion Moshe.
I think that if we are using cold to condense the dew, we are also collecting a lot of normal air moisture along with the dew, so that our water will contain only a small amount of the powerful dew, diluted in a lot of normal water that collects by condensation.

And that is probably the reason the letter says to simply use glass to collect the dew. I'm sure even back then people were well aware of how easy it is to use ice for collecting dew through condensation, yet they specifically say to use nothing but a glass plate. Maybe that is why my Alkahest took all day to dissolve the gold instead of dissolving it instantly like it's supposed to. Perhaps my Alkahest is diluted with normal water from the air that isn't dew. I'm betting if I were to distill it, and separate the spirit from the normal water, I could concentrate the power and get a better Alkahest.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com

PostSubject: Forced dew.   Dew collection, new method. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 1:26 am

I couldn't say for sure whether or not forcing dew to collect is as good as natural collection but I would suspect that it is. While I definitely agree that it must be done during the full moon quarter, at the proper time of year, and on a clear cloudless night at that, at least one of the ancient accounts references using a sheet of glass to collect dew which is a way of forcing dew condensation. It works just like your bathroom mirror when you take a hot bath. I suspect that the only reason that the ancients didn't take advantage of ice is because before the invention of the modern refrigerator ice was a very rare and very expensive commodity during spring and summer in most parts of the world.

Sincerely:

Silverdragon07 sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection, new method.   Dew collection, new method. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 1:36 am

Nick: hereis a little item I've been working on for concentrating the lunar light.

Her is some pics.

First 2 pic is of Wire cage I have fabricated out of some wire fence material
from Home Depot. There are two pieces of coper tubing to hold the Fresnel
Lens inside the wire cage.

Dew collection, new method. MiscPICS041 Dew collection, new method. MiscPICS042

This is pic of the bent copper tubing I am using to support the lens.

Dew collection, new method. MiscPICS036

The next 2 pics are of the device completed. I have a 65 watt
lightbulb about 4 feet away. You can see the distance in the first 2 pics.
The lens is concentrating that light and that is what you see focused in the
next 4 pics.

Dew collection, new method. MiscPICS034 Dew collection, new method. MiscPICS035
Dew collection, new method. MiscPICS039 Dew collection, new method. MiscPICS043

In the last 2 pics you can see how the 65 watt lightbulb is
concentrated into the dish. I have had this lens outside in
the full moon light and it also concentrates it into a smaller
area. Granted, it is not as bright as the lightbulb but it definately
concentrates the moon light.

In the Rosicrucian Notebook they talk about using lenses and mirrors
to concentrate the solar and lunar light.

I will be setting this out with a sample of dew under it as soon as
Mother Naure gets finished with the rain and clouds here in Texas.

Nick, what do you think.

MO-1 king

Last edited by magnum.opus1 on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection, new method.   Dew collection, new method. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 1:59 am

I have been reading what you all have been saying about forcing the dew
Everything we do in Alchemy is a process of manipulation (forcing) of Mother Natures
laws.
Is the dew collected durring the May and June full moon stronger? That is a definate
possibility. That simply means that at other times of the year the dew can still be
collected but it may not be as strong or concentrated.

Mother nature is a fidgety old gal. Our best and only hope is that we can work our
hand into the cookie jar without her snapping the lid shut on our fingers.
Everything she does is very very subtle. We need to work the same way.

MO-1 king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection, new method.   Dew collection, new method. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 6:52 am

I also definitely agree with you, Shlomo. I think in alchemy it is a lot about feelings and intuition, because we actually deal with the souls and spirits of the substances. It is not an exact science and results will strongly depend on the quality of the ingredients.
If you go into the supermarket, lets say in Canada or northen europe, and buy usuall cheap tomatoes you get tomatoes but they have almost no taste or smell, that is no soul/spirit.
And just think about the water. How big differences are there ! From dead tap water to fresh, cool mountain spring water or energized water that can heal all your deseases and strengthen you body and mind.
So there is more than one kind of tomatoes, more than one kind of water and also more than one kind of dew. One dew might be just ordinary condensed water like in the fridge and therefore be more or less useless and another dew might be highly charged with female lunar energies (and its drops which form at the tops of grass have such a high surface tension (a kind of contractive magnetic energy) that they are round like marbles).
The reason because present day science is so missled is that they exclude their feelings and thoughts, that is consciousness, from the experiments.
We have to be aware that we work with subtile etheric and energetic substances often very similar to our feelings.
A sensitive poet who loves and feels nature will be a much better alchemist than a chemist with 50 years of lab experience.
I also think that it is not enough to strictly follow an alchemical recipe. To make the big arcana you have to give something from yourself, from your own soul to the process. Like a spark that enlightens live in the thing.
Alchemy is so to say one octave higher than our present science since it includes also not material things. It is therefore the connection between our material science and magic, which is the science of thoughts. The stone of the philosophers is from this point of view just a magical condenser.
I think it is very important to work on ourselves and to improve ouerselves so that we will be allowed to use such a powerful force. Every truth is simple. This is why i think the dew process really works and is the best way to make the elixir. In a few years I hope we will have a new science - new physics, new chemistry, new biology etc. And then people will be surprised how easy everything is ! I think all the big knowledge is kept away from humanity in general because we are still not ready to use it in a responsible and peaceful way. And this is why ancient alchemists hid their knowledge. But now we are in an era of total transformation - everything will be new and different. The old order is dying and the new one did not yet form. Secrets that were kept secret for thousands of years are now accessible for everyone in every bookshop or on the internet. Our generation is really livig between two ages. The world of today faces so many problems. At this very moment everything is possible - a soft and peaceful change or political, economical and ecological cathatrophies. It depends on our generation how the world of tomorrow looks like.
It is great to see people from all over the world seeing things like you and being interested in the same things like you. Greetings to all of you !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection, new method.   Dew collection, new method. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 10:28 am

Benedikt. Well said my friend.

This is a learning process for us all. We will learn with
each other and from each other.

Blessings,

MO-1 king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection, new method.   Dew collection, new method. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 3:25 pm

Greetings to Nick and to everybody,

I’d like to introduce myself to the forum by posting a dew collector that uses a computer fan to attract the dew. I have not seen anybody asking whether one can collect the dew any night or is only full moon in April acceptable? Nick which month did you collect the dew for your successful elixir? What’s your experience? Is the month important at all? It is my experience that contrary of what Basil Valentine and the author of Coelum philosophorum says I could make the star regulus any time at any weather and at any star constellation.

Frank

Dew collection, new method. Dewcollector
Dew collection, new method. Dewcollectorlegend
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Dew collection moon.   Dew collection, new method. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 4:47 pm

Frank I can see why at first glance it would appear to a newcomer of alchemy that you could simply collect dew at anytime in any atmospheric conditions. However this is because you are not seeing all the variables that go into the process. For instance it is well know science that the phases of the moon affect the tides of the ocean. In the same way the light of the moon affects the formation of the alkahest in the dew. If you could simply collect due at any time in any condition then you might as well just use distilled water. However there are more complex processes going on in the formation of the alkahest that hasn't yet been, and hopefully will remain, unexplained by the scientific community at large.
Hope this is helpfull.

Sincerely:

Silverdragon07 sunny
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection, new method.   Dew collection, new method. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 2:22 am

No Frank, it doesn't matter which month you collect the dew, but the strength of your Alkahest will depend on when you collect your dew and which method you use.

Also you mention the Star Regulus, but that is from the antimony path, not this work with dew. A normal Regulus is made by heating powdered stibnite crystals with iron and sometimes potash. The Star Regulus is made by heating stibnite and iron but also the very important ingredient -- potassium chloride. This causes the antimony to form a giant star pattern and also causes the formation of antimony trichloride which distills into the receiver flask and is used for dissolving gold later in the process.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection, new method.   Dew collection, new method. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 8:42 am

Thank you very much Nick for the definite and concrete answer. Maybe it’s even an advantage if the Alkahest is weaker than it could be because of the side effects and the danger of overdosing. If it still takes care of the gold it's even better?

I did not want to discuss another path in this thread. I have only mentioned that I made the star regulus at any weather and at any constellation although big authorities like Basil Valentine and others said you would only succeed on a clear day to show that blind faith to me is not the mode of action in Alchemy. The stibnite path with pot. chloride you mentioned is unknown to me. I only worked on the dry path with the animated mercury. Again I appreciate your comments highly because they are backed by experience.

Silverdragon: Thanks for your help. But let me respectfully point out what Nick said about the time of preparation.

To me the key to Alchemy are experiments and experience and practice, practice, practice. Additionally one is happy and very lucky to be able to ask a real master like Nick which is very rare.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection, new method.   Dew collection, new method. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 1:22 pm

frank wrote:
The stibnite path with pot. chloride you mentioned is unknown to me.

Then you have never made the STAR Regulus, but just an ordinary Regulus which doesn't look at all like a star. When you see alchemy paintings with a 7 pointed star in the sky, usually above lions, this represents the antimony trichloride/oxychloride path. If you read a book that contains the 7 pointed star symbol, and you only make a normal regulus, then you won't have the main ingredient of the process being described in that book, which is antimony trichloride to dissolve the gold.

Once the antimony trichloride crystals absorb moisture from the air and it becomes antimony oxychloride, there is a very real possibility it is able to do the same thing to gold that our Dew alkahest does. Just like how acid can make the stone from metals if dew is included and the caput mortum is allowed to absorb moisture from the air and deliquesce and the water distilled off, then another deliquescence repeated 7 to 10 times until the Philosophical Mercury appears.

It could very well be that acid can speed up the creation of the Philosophical Mercury and then be separated out again through distillation. Then the Philosophical Mercury alone can be used to dissolve gold into an oil which can then be digested by itself to go through the color changes and multiplications. This is something I look forward to trying out, hopefully next weekend.

Right now I'm working on distillation of dew to see if the Reusenstein process works without smoking the dew first.
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection, new method.   Dew collection, new method. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 5:25 pm

When a beautifull spring day, twenty years ago, I did the star adding the little touch of salniter to the sub-melting stibine + iron + purifed saltartari I didn't see a perfect star but something that looks like.
When I ask to my teacher why it wasn't a perfect star he answer me that life it's not the same but that, anyway, IT works anyway and that the regulus stellatus was produced.
It's correct?
What you think Nick?

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection, new method.   Dew collection, new method. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 6:48 pm

Now I see the pic of your regulus stellatus.
The same like mine.
The perfection is like that.
Like a leaf.
More or less.
Living Perfection.
Sleep

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dew collection, new method.   Dew collection, new method. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dew collection, new method.
Page 1 of 1