The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AB

AB

Male
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-12-26

Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid Empty
PostSubject: Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid   Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:05 am

I've designed an unglazed earthern lid for my glass vessel, and experimented with evaporation of GW.
The purpose was to control the direction of the evaporation and observe possible crystallizations.

Here are the results:

This is the glass with the lid on after evaporation.
The lid is tightened to the glass with silicone.

Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid Vessel

Here is the lid only:

Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid EarthernLid

There was no crystallization on the outside of the lid, but only on the inside, as can be seen in the following two pics:

Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid SaltsonInnerLid1

Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid SaltsonInnerLid2

It appears that two different salts have crystallized on the sides of the glass vessel, one higher and on the lid as well, and the other (having a different form) on the lower side.

Here are 3 pictures of these two distinct salts:

Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid TwoSaltsintheVessel3

Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid TwoSaltsintheVessel2

Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid TwoSaltsintheVessel1

Below, a picture of the upper/volatile salts only:

Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid UpperSalts

And finally, a view from above with the crystallizations on the sides of the vessel and the Caput Mortum below:

Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid CaputMortumwithSaltsonSides

Interestingly, there were NO crystallizations on the ouside/top of the earthern lid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid   Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 11:39 am

Your photographs are so fascinating and beautiful AB.
Back to top Go down
Wilfried

Wilfried

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid   Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 3:21 pm

First off nice fotos AB!

Was your GW putrefied before evaporating? It seems like it.
Also did you filter your GW maybe after it putrefied?

Wilfried
Back to top Go down
AB

AB

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid   Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 3:41 pm

Field wrote:
Your photographs are so fascinating and beautiful AB.
Wilfried wrote:
First off nice fotos AB!

Thank you Field and Wilfried Exclamation

Wilfried wrote:
Was your GW putrefied before evaporating?
No, it wasn't. But I evaporated in relatively gentle BM and it took a few weeks - so I suppose the putrefaction and evaporation kind of occured simultaneously...

Wilfried wrote:
Also did you filter your GW maybe after it putrefied?

Unfortunately, I didn't putrefy and filter before evaporation. Silly me Embarassed.
I was acting in the inspiration of the moment.

I am currently replicating the exact same method/setup, this time with putrefying and filtering. Hopefully I'll end up with a red oil at the bottom and white salts (fixed and volatile) on the sides of the glass that I can afterwards digest together, followed by further imbibitions/evaporations with new putrefied and filtered GW in the same vessel.

What inspired me to come up with this method was Nick's suggestion to evaporate through unglazed ceramic and my own concept of the Seal of Hermes. I had absolutely no idea what the outcome would be...
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid   Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 7:35 am

Hi AB,
My compliments too for the pics.
With your help I would like to understand the insight you brought in this experiment.
I remember your interest for the seal of hermes as Starkey and Boyle experimented and discussed about but, ultimately, putting on the top of your glass a porous hearten seal it's not the same as having a distillation train not completely sealed (like it's commonly used)?
Thank you.
Zosimo
Back to top Go down
AB

AB

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid   Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 8:10 am

Zosimo wrote:
putting on the top of your glass a porous hearten seal it's not the same as having a distillation train not completely sealed?

Of course it's not the same Wink

The whole point of the experiment was to do away with the need for distillation altogether cheers

This special seal appears to be able to facilitate simultaneous circulation and evaporation of superfluities, without losing any of the principal ingredients in the process, thus rendering ordinary distillation obsolete.

However, in a sense, it IS a 'distillation train' of sorts - only much more simple and efficient IMO.

If you carefully read "Chemical Moonshine", you will find the keys to the most simple and natural of all processes.
This porous 'Seal' is in my opinion a major key to the process.

But still, more work needs to be done to prove the concept.
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid   Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 7:10 am

Ah Idea
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599

PostSubject: Re: Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid   Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:28 am

So did you do the evaporation with the ceramic lid on the glass and that's how the crystals formed? I would say those are probably ammonium carbonate crystals and they might to the trick by themselves for converting the gold into the red glass if enough is used to be equal weight.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid   Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 8:59 am

Well, AB,
First of all the interesting thing is that the dew evaporated produced, at the same time, crystals here and there and... a caput mortuum!
May be less quantity of it?

Anyway today I was considering the possibility to directly pipette, from the fermented or distilled dew, some sponge materia and try to dry it etc. until it can produce crystals: but now...
cheers Let's try the new trick!

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
AB

AB

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid   Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:50 am

NDC wrote:
So did you do the evaporation with the ceramic lid on the glass and that's how the crystals formed?

Exactly Smile

NDC wrote:
I would say those are probably ammonium carbonate crystals.

Yes Nick, and thanks a lot for the idea that inspired this experiment in the first place!

NDC wrote:
They might to the trick by themselves for converting the gold into the red glass if enough is used to be equal weight.

I personally don't believe these philosophical Ammonium Carbonate salts by themselves to be the complete Alkahest (the one that converts gold into red glass), but I'm pretty sure Wink they will extract an oil of gold with wonderful properties.

I guess I'll find out soon enough...

Last edited by AB on Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid   Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 12:14 pm

If you dissolve those ammonium carbonate crystals in alcohol and distill, the first few drops that come over should be powerful enough to dissolve gold, or so I've heard. That to me would indicate the potential for it being the complete alkahest itself, especially since it's alkaline and is the same Alkahest described by several alchemists.
Back to top Go down
AB

AB

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid   Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 12:29 pm

NDC wrote:
If you dissolve those ammonium carbonate crystals in alcohol and distill, the first few drops that come over should be powerful enough to dissolve gold, or so I've heard. That to me would indicate the potential for it being the complete alkahest itself, especially since it's alkaline and is the same Alkahest described by several alchemists.

I personally prefer to dissolve these crystals in rectified spirit of GW instead of plant alcohol.
Just for the sake of more compatibility and universality Smile

But thanks for the tip, I guess I'll try both...
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid   Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 1:13 pm

Yeah but apparently it won't work unless you use 95% alcohol. The golden water distilled is just water basically, and it won't do anything. In fact, this is making me believe it might be better to modify the processes of Golden Water so the crystals are made and the GW water doesn't need to be distilled, just the crystals need to be sublimed and digested with alcohol. But this is all just hearsay at this point -- I need to test in the lab. I'm breaking my own rule by talking theory instead of trying the experiment then posting results, but I just thought it needed to be said because I didn't want you to throw out your ammonium carbonate thinking it was worthless.
Back to top Go down
AB

AB

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid   Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 1:31 pm

NDC wrote:
Yeah but apparently it won't work unless you use 95% alcohol. The golden water distilled is just water basically, and it won't do anything. In fact, this is making me believe it might be better to modify the processes of Golden Water so the crystals are made and the GW water doesn't need to be distilled, just the crystals need to be sublimed and digested with alcohol. But this is all just hearsay at this point -- I need to test in the lab. I'm breaking my own rule by talking theory instead of trying the experiment then posting results, but I just thought it needed to be said because I didn't want you to throw out your ammonium carbonate thinking it was worthless.

Of course I know the ammonium carbonate crystals are not worthless Smile But thanks anyway...

Incidentally, I also have almost 3 liters of 95% wine alcohol that I've distilled and rectified myself, so I'll make as much philosophical ammonium carbonate as I can (I've made plenty of ceramic lids) and I'll use the method you mentioned above. Still, I am curious how the crystals will behave with the distilled water/spirit from GW, since I don't believe it's 100% the same as ordinary distilled water, having been 'philosophically' digested by the body and all...

In addition to that, by now I've managed to 'harvest' almost 40 cc of clean GW oil that floats on water, which is now being slowly digested to redness. (It took A LOT of GW to obtain this quantity). The next step I have in mind is to digest this oil with the salts and see what happens...

Another idea is to take my home made spirit of wine and circulate it according to my own modernized variation of the method mentioned in The Book Of Quintessence, and then use these salts to sharpen this quintessence even further.

Let's get to work king
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid   Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 10:21 am

ZOSIMO wrote: Anyway today I was considering the possibility to directly pipette, from the fermented or distilled dew, some sponge materia and try to dry it etc. until it can produce crystals: but now...
Let's try the new trick!

I mean: there's any possibility that the trick of the earthen lid can produce crystals even in the dew process evaporating a very satured water with maximum presence of spongy materia?

Sorry Embarassed I would like to perform it before to post about it, but I've so little waters at the moment...

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
AB

AB

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid   Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 11:14 am

Zosimo wrote:
There's any possibility that the trick of the earthen lid can produce crystals even in the dew process evaporating a very satured water with maximum presence of spongy materia?
I can't think of a reason why the volatile Ammonium Carbonate salts/crystals can't be sublimed from Dew as well as from GW. They can also be obtained by dry distillation of horns, hair etc... Decomposed matter is the key to forming this volatile salt, whether by putrefaction or dry distillation or whatever works... (See Ruessenstein from the bottom of page 27 to the top of page 28)

I could be interesting to use this method on Dew saturated with see salt. Who knows, maybe it can even volatilize/sublime the see salt, and then you'll have something really interesting. See the Ruessenstein material about the ancient process of naturally volatilizing see salt (Page 38 bottom)...

It would also be interesting to melt the ammonim carbonate ( at around 58 °C) and see if it can be had in the liquid/molten state without decomposing. I've found no references to liquid ammonium carbonate, so I don't even know if this salt can exist in the intermediary liquid state... I'll try it out when I make more...

Zosimo wrote:
I would like to perform it before to post about it, but I've so little waters at the moment...
You can use GW instead of Dew. I bet you do have plenty of that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid   Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 6:32 am

Hi AB,
Thank you.
Only today I've found your post.
And... Today I decided to go to buy some hearthen-pot-caps!

Yes, the putrefaction of matter it's quite the real thing, depending on wich matter and result we have from it.
About this I've to say that I found a rosicrucian text where, talking about dew, they say that the well-putrefied water should be greenish, even explaining the symbol they used in the text: Venus that's taking her bath in the waters.
May be the matter could be greeny, spongy or whatever, and this is, again, only a personal experience, but I preferred to inform you all.

About ammonium carbonate I put it in dew and distill it out: it looks to me that become very volatile, airy: a little more heating makes a little fog on the surface of the flask.
So, being so airy, probably can be crystalized inside dew in the pot-cap.

Of course you can melt it but it's a little dangerous.
Somebody already discuss it in the forum.

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
AB

AB

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid   Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 1:58 pm

Update on the unglazed earthern lid method:

I digested at a slightly higher temperature (nearing 60°C) and the salt formed on the outside of the lid this time, with no deposits on the sides of the glass or on the inner lid.

I'll post some pics if I haven't scratched it all off already scratch
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid   Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 11:48 pm

Zosimo wrote:
Hi AB,

Yes, the putrefaction of matter it's quite the real thing, depending on wich matter and result we have from it.
About this I've to say that I found a rosicrucian text where, talking about dew, they say that the well-putrefied water should be greenish, even explaining the symbol they used in the text: Venus that's taking her bath in the waters.
Zosimo

Venus rises just before the sun, when the dew is forming the most, and it shines so bright above the sun, that it was called the Morning Star, and hence the name for the "Order of the Morning Star".

As for green water, I have made that by evaporating golden water to an oil, then sitting the open beaker outside to fill with rain and I guess dew would have also enetered into the solution, because I let it sit outside for many weeks. Eventually it did all turn grassy green from the fermentation, I do indeed believe I could have then used this a "Prima Materia" for making the Stone. All I needed to do was digest it in a sealed flask and I bet it would go through the color changes and end as red. Then I could have evaporated most of the water until it was an oily syrup and digested that by itself until it hardened, and then mixed equal proportion with gold and heated to form the red stone.

But a squirl came running by and tipped the beaker over before I could bring it inside for testing. I've had that happen several times, and now I've learned that setting anything on the fence posts is a bad idea. I've sat outside and observed them using it like a little super-highway.

Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid Why do squirls knock over my alchemy experiments

Last edited by NDC on Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:30 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid   Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 2:09 pm

Hi Nick,
I forget to tell you about the method that I found in "Thesaurus Thesaurorum à Fraternitate Rosae et Aureae Crucis Testamento" annus MDLXXX.

We said about Venus-greenish matter.
Well, they said that you should prepair very big barrels (1000 lt) to collect rain from the spring storms.
And then you should during the sunny days expose the waters you put inside at the direct influence of sun and moon.
With this method They say the water become "fertil" and "magnetic".
And Venus can manifest...

Hope can help.

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid   Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 3:28 am

I keep forgetting about this simple "Venus" method. I intend to try it again, and one detail I neglected to mention in my previous post was that I covered the jar with coffee filter so air could move in and out, and some rain was able to fill it during a storm.

And I don't know if I've mention this on this forum yet, but you can also buy rain water from AzureGreen.com yet it might not come from a thunderstorm, and special measures were obviously taken to sterlize and filter it, so maybe it won't work for our purposes. But I do intend to try, because wouldn't that be fantastic for people who live in the city, or people who are simply too lazy to go out in the rain?

The rain water is only $2.60 USD per 4oz bottle if you buy 5 or more at the same time. And you would need at least 5 for this experiment.

I like this idea of using rain water and "golden water" together because it's something I happened upon by accident and didn't read from any book, so it would seem almost like "destiny" if this easy path to the stone proves fruitful. And the end product would be a red resinous matter that could be used to not only make the red Stone from gold, but also multiply it's power/
Back to top Go down
yeshua

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid   Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:18 am

In reusenstein he mentions many times that it is advantageous if rain water is left to sit, then filtered and distilled. Its also in GW method 2. So I’d think the rain water from azure green should still work if all thay did was purify it and not add anything to it.

I have a few gallons of rain water, maby I should attempt this.
Back to top Go down
yeshua

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid   Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 9:36 am

Everyone still alive? Its been pretty quiet around here.

I'm haveing some trouble makeing the green water. I've evaporated the GW down to a redish brown salty liquid but it doesn't appear to become an oil. What signs does one look for that indicate the GW has become the correct oil?
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid   Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 5:34 am

Hi Yeshua,
Get busy (get busy get busy get busy) time... Very Happy
These are dew days.

1) Nick sez that He Eventually would produce from green waters the oil if... but the squirrels...
2) Anyway makes sense that if you put together GW (a lot) and rainwater (a little), you mix it all and evaporate it you'll probably obtain an "oil".

Good luck.
I'm working with dew & some salts together too. Let's see.

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid   Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Glass with Unglazed Earthern Lid
Page 1 of 1