The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Medicine Needed by Many

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Felix_Madhouse

Felix_Madhouse

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Medicine Needed by Many Empty
PostSubject: Medicine Needed by Many   Medicine Needed by Many Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 2:58 pm

so, i'm sure you are all well aware of the situation in Japan. I have no idead what to say about the residents of the country, god bless them. As far as helping people where I am goes, I am currently in California, and there are many people ingesting radioactive isotope iodine-131, coming over here from japan's reactors, the milk here has shown measureable amounts, showing that, if the cows have had time to process it, from the grass they eat and the rain they've endured, what is coming out in their milk is NOT proportional with the amount in the air, on the grass, in the rain, etc. and it seems that this situation has barely even begun, no end in site of completly shutting down these reactors.

any ideas? iodine-131 is coming over here in amounts that aren't being mentioned. constantly. all i've been able to come up with is sodium-chlorite solution activated with citric acid, MMS (miracle mineral solution.). i had a friend that had an over active thyroid, who they used radiative treatment on to pretty much kill her thyroid, and then put her on a bunch of medication. my friend got her on MMS, and i joke you not, she grew a new thyroid! all i know about this isotope is that it stores up in the thyroid and has a half-life of about 8 days. and the potassium-iodide pellets they are giving people in japan, won't those make it worse? i understand the thyroid soaks up pretty much every bit of iodine that gets into the body..... i thought Turkeytail mushrooms might help as well.

This is very serious, possibly globally, and i'm surprised, honestly, it hasn't been addressed on this forum. i have spent time in the rain here in the past week, it is really, i think from experience, worse than any media outlet is letting anyone realize here in america. they have already found iodine-131 in the milk from cows in california and washington, and they have found measurable radiation levels in the rain as far as MA and PA. i could really use some thoughts on this, if anyone has any.

will the white stone help heal from this? i have recently acquired a full bottle of silver nitrate solution i have planned to evaporate down and use with my dew to make medicine. i was going to just grind it as small as i could with my morter and pest, mix it with dew, filter, heat up, and probably taste a drop diluted in wine. i know it wouldn't be a strong stone at that point, but i am hard-pressed for time, and i don't know how any of this is going to turn out. my throat and under my ears has been swollen, and i've been having ups and downs with my cognitive reason, i really don't know if my thyroid might already have been affected, or how much. please help, anyone who can, and god bless you. i will be working on the dew alkahest this summer, taking a summer job at a lake that will get me electricity and a trailer for 5 months, it just might work out perfectly. i only have 1 more greyhound journey i have to take this dew on! please pray for the safety and well-being of this dew i am carrying, i don't know how clean any dew is anywhere anymore, and i don't want anything to happen to what i've been blessed to have, or to be stuck somewhere before my destination because of someone else's lack of comprehension (greyhound security). god bless this forum and every member, god bless japan, and once again, god bless nick, for revealing such powerful medicine to others who might make a difference. namaste
Back to top Go down
ramen

ramen

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Medicine Needed by Many   Medicine Needed by Many Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 4:08 am

Felix_Madhouse wrote:
...the milk here has shown measureable amounts, showing that, if the cows have had time to process it, from the grass they eat and the rain they've endured, what is coming out in their milk is NOT proportional with the amount in the air, on the grass, in the rain, etc...
The equipment that is available these days for measuring radiation is so sensitive that measurable amounts of radioactivity can be seen in just about everything, regardless of whether there has been a nuclear leak recently or not.

Radiation is all around us, all the time - it's just part of life. Claiming that there is measurable radiation in milk is meaningless, because there always has been, and there always will be measurable radiation in milk.

Discover magazine has an excellent article on this phenomenon - just follow this link. The humorous comment about lead-lined pajamas at the end of the article is ironic, because the standard lead of commerce is also slightly radioactive - it emits alpha particles.

The question that should be asked is - are the radiation levels any higher than they normally are? In other words, has the background radiation level increased?

I have access to a research-grade integrating scintillation-based geiger counter which is used to make precision radioactivity measurements. I was curious to see if anything meaningful is coming over from Japan, so I took some measurements with it last week, and compared them to measurements I took two years ago. The background radiation level has not changed. Curious to see if we were getting any fallout, I took a swab outside and took samples from many different surfaces and then measured the radioactivity of that. All levels were completely normal.

I live in the Rocky Mountain area of the Western United States, and am confident in saying that if this area is getting anything from the trouble in Japan, it's low-level enough to be meaningless.

Felix_Madhouse wrote:
...iodine-131 is coming over here in amounts that aren't being mentioned...

How reliable is the source of that information? Is this an official statement from a university laboratory or a rumor that's circulating on the Web?

Felix_Madhouse wrote:
All i know about this isotope is that it stores up in the thyroid and has a half-life of about 8 days. and the potassium-iodide pellets they are giving people in japan, won't those make it worse? i understand the thyroid soaks up pretty much every bit of iodine that gets into the body.

Wikipedia has a very good article on how thyroid blocking works. It is worth a read. I have potassium iodide tablets, and based on the measurements I have taken, I see no point in taking the tablets right now. Of coarse, if I lived close to the leaking reactors, it would be a different story...

Currently, I feel that more damage is being done to the health of the people in the United States by the stress that fear mongers are causing, than by anything the air is carrying over here from Japan.

In another month or so, ocean currents carrying reactor leakage should start arriving on the western shores of the United States. I admit that I would not go into the water or breath any spray until I took some measurements, even if enough time has elapsed for 7 or more half-lives of iodine 131...

- Ramen
Back to top Go down
Felix_Madhouse

Felix_Madhouse

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Medicine Needed by Many   Medicine Needed by Many Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 12:15 pm

thank you ramen, some of what i believe i was dealing with was a product of fear-mongering, and a fear of the unknown. you are definitely right about stress, it's much more of a threat. i actually came down with shingles last november, supposedly induced by stress, and i pray that no one unworthy of such pain ever has to experience anything near it. i'm blessed to still have my sight and hearing in-tact.

my real fear of it came from knowing about this storm i stood in. i was soaked to the bone all day in a rainstorm, while i was in california, that i recently discovered was measured by scientists at berkely (i'm sure i'm spelling that wrong) to contain 181 times the amount of iodine-131 deemed safe over the coarse of a year. of coarse, that isn't true anymore, now that we're going by FDA standards that allow thousands of times what was deemed safe before to be considered "safe"......

do you know how i can maybe make a geiger counter? or is it more sensible to just buy one? i would rather be safe than sorry. please don't misunderstand, i am not trying to alarm anyone. i'm sure you're right, there hasn't been enough to really to any visible damage yet. it's more of the long-term that i'm concerned with, just because this is worse than chernobyl. because i don't know, not because i think i know and i think it's bad, but because i DO NOT know the future. now that i've read up on it a bit, looking back, seems like the world's already been in fallout from so many other incidents in the past, and humans are adjusting to it. this world is just such an amazing place.

if you know anyone on the coast w/geiger meter, i'd like to clear up whether the news reports i've read about uranium and plutonium (albeit, in small, small quantities) have washed up all over the west coast, so. cal to alaska. i mean, geez, it's just kind of out of our control....what can we even do?

i apologize if i made it sound worse than it is. been dealing with a lot of stress lately, 2 deaths in the family and PHN. it's all i can do to hold it together as best i can right now. god bless you, namaste
Back to top Go down
ramen

ramen

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Medicine Needed by Many   Medicine Needed by Many Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 3:08 am

Hi Felix!

Sorry it took so long for me to answer your post. It's been a while since I checked in on this Forum...

Felix_Madhouse wrote:
my real fear of it came from knowing about this storm i stood in. i was soaked to the bone all day in a rainstorm, while i was in california, that i recently discovered was measured by scientists at berkely (i'm sure i'm spelling that wrong) to contain 181 times the amount of iodine-131 deemed safe over the coarse of a year. of coarse, that isn't true anymore, now that we're going by FDA standards that allow thousands of times what was deemed safe before to be considered "safe"......

If you are worried about iodine, it might be worthwhile to do a Google search on "Thyroid Blocking". Saturating your system with (a very small amount) of potassium iodide will keep your body from absorbing the radioactive iodine. There are many places online that sell the potassium iodide tablets. Before you take them, be sure to read up on the side-effects and the risks, so you can decide which risk you prefer to take...

Felix_Madhouse wrote:
Do you know how i can maybe make a geiger counter? or is it more sensible to just buy one?

I know several people who have designed and built their own simple geiger counters based on small Geiger–Müller tubes they purchased ($50-60 about 10 years ago), but this type of thing is for electronics experts only. There are many geiger counter kits out there these days, but I would expect them to be rather expensive. Note that counters based on Geiger–Müller tubes are probably not going to be sensitive enough to read the small amounts of radiation making its way over here from Japan. For that, you will need an integrating counter based on a pancake geiger tube or a scintillation counter, with long integration times. Assuming, of course, that you did have that kind of (rather exotic) equipment, you would also need training in order to know how to interpret the readings in order to produce meaningful results.

The radiation leaked from Japan is interesting. However, it must be viewed in its proper context. The United States alone has set off over 600 nuclear bombs above ground ("atmospheric nuclear tests"), and Russia, China, etc have set off their share as well (probably 300+ more).

Radioactivity is troubling, but the human body is great at healing itself.

A few years ago, I read an ad by a company that sells radon detectors which claimed that a single atom of radon in your body can give you cancer - so you had better buy a radon detector to protect yourself. In theory, a single atom CAN give you cancer - although the odds are astoundingly small, and it's never been proven, one way or another. Of course, the average human body has 50,000+ radon atoms in it at any given time, as a result of the afore-mentioned atmospheric nuclear tests. So, do you really need a radon detector?

Take anything you hear about radioactivity with a grain of salt - either sodium chloride, or, for those on low-sodium diets, naturally radioactive potassium chloride salt substitute.

It's time to enjoy a nice, salty...

- Ramen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medicine Needed by Many   Medicine Needed by Many Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Medicine Needed by Many
Page 1 of 1