The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

1. YELLOW SULFUR

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

1. YELLOW SULFUR Empty
PostSubject: 1. YELLOW SULFUR   1. YELLOW SULFUR Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 5:08 pm

adeu

Last edited by pneumatician on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thepassamist

thepassamist

Male
Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2013-07-06

1. YELLOW SULFUR Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1. YELLOW SULFUR   1. YELLOW SULFUR Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 12:28 am

i find the little details this guy speaks about how the suphuric acid reacts to things very similiar to some of the descriptions in many books when dealing with the stages of the stone process

Sulfur melts at 119.25oC to form a yellow liquid that is less viscous than water. If this liquid is heated to 159oC, it turns into a dark red liquid that cannot be poured from its container. The viscosity of this dark red liquid is 2000 times greater than that of molten sulfur because the cyclic S8 molecules open up and link together to form long chains of as many as 100,000 sulfur atoms.
Back to top Go down
alexbr

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2009-03-26

1. YELLOW SULFUR Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1. YELLOW SULFUR   1. YELLOW SULFUR Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 11:40 am

Hello everyone
of sulfuric acid and sulfur "oil" sulfur think it is of some interest the text of the attached here under work glauber on Universal Magnetic stretch from the oil of sulfur for bells which as you will read glauber gave great importance indubbiamete the glauber which is very controversial as it is seen to be always lost very cautiously and carefully rating always very carefully on the positive and negative aspects but indubbiamete the text on the creation of this universal Magnetic obtained with oil glauber bells to which much importance is interesting now should be checked to see if sperimetando what you will get the results that the (highly controversial) shows us glauber

My best regards the alexbr

::::::::::::::::::::.here the exact original in italian for help the translation :::::::::::::::::

salve a tutti
su acido solforico zolfo e "olio" di zolfo penso che sia di un qualche interesse il testo qui sotto allegato dell'opera di glauber sul magnete universale tratto dall'olio di zolfo per campane a cui come si leggerà glauber dava una grande importanza indubbiamete il glauber che è molto controverso come si è visto va sempre perso con molta circospezione e attenzione valutando sempre molto attentamente i sui aspetti si positivi che negativi ma indubbiamete il testo sulla creazione di questo magnete universale ottenuto con olio di campane a cui glauber da molta importanza è interessante ora va verificato vedere se sperimetando ciò si otterranno i risultati che il (molto controverso ) glauber ci indica

i mie migliori saluti alexbr

Chapter XVI.
Proceed in your Work thus.

Prepare 3 or 4 Pound of Oil of Sulphur per Campane, which rectifie, that it may become very fiery: Then provide a large Trough like a Chest or Box, which you may cover with linnen Cloath so, as through it no Dust, but the Air only may penetrate. In this Chest set your rectified Oil of Sulphur, poured into divers small Pans or Dishes so as they be not above half full. Leave these there three or four Days, or so long Day and Night expose them to the Air, as until the Oil of Sulphur hath drawn to it self so much Water, as it self was, and filled the Dishes. This being done, empty out all the Dishes into one Glass Body, and in BALNEO with gentle heat abstract thence all the humidity. The Oil remaining in the Bottom again expose to the Air in those Dishes, as before, so long as until they be filled. That water again abstract thence, and proceed in extracting so long, as until you have got water enough. This water passeth through all Tinctures; but I have not as yet compleated this Work.
Note: All the best of that, which this Magnet draws from the Air, remains with the Magnet it self or Oil of Sulphur, as its true MATRIX, in which it is nourished and ripened; as the most Ancient HERMES, or the Father of all Philosophers, in his Smar¬agdine Table, hath described in these words. Here the Soul of the World speaks. My Father is SOL; my Mother is LUNA; the Wind or Air secretly bears me in its Belly: the Earth conceived and brought me forth, and is my Nurse, & etc. The Spirit of the World can bring forth no Fruits, unless it be first seminated in a fit MATRIX; because nothing in the World can be progenited without a Womb. This our Magnet is of all Magnets most gratefull to the Soul of the World, and a most natural Friend to the Spirit of the World.
Much might be spoken touching this, but is not necessary to thrust pulse ready chewed into a sluggish Crows mouth, let him fly out and seek for himself. Here, in this Work are verified those sayings of Philosophers: Nature rejoyceth in Nature, Nature overcomes Nature, Nature retains Nature. Here it is proper also to observe, what HERMES, at the end of his Table saith; viz. My power is not intire, or perfect, before I am turned into Earth. But how this is to be done, I leave to the consideration of every Man. For the unworthiness of the present wicked World forbids me to discourse more amply thereof. To all men, whom GOD shall favour, these will be clear enough. Yet elsewhere touching this matter (if GOD will) ere long shall be taught.
Back to top Go down
alexbr

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2009-03-26

1. YELLOW SULFUR Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1. YELLOW SULFUR   1. YELLOW SULFUR Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 11:42 am

Last edited by alexbr on Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thepassamist

thepassamist

Male
Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2013-07-06

1. YELLOW SULFUR Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1. YELLOW SULFUR   1. YELLOW SULFUR Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 11:04 pm

you posted twice lol. this is interesting and seems to be a semi fast process to test.

however the "This water passeth through all Tinctures; but I have not as yet compleated this Work." is a bit questionable Smile

also, All this "hard labor, and the rest is womans work" talk makes me wonder more about sulphur. As today we can simply order it by the pound, but back then it would be quite a bit more work to get sulphur. and when you got it, you would have to work to retrieve pure powder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1. YELLOW SULFUR Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1. YELLOW SULFUR   1. YELLOW SULFUR Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1. YELLOW SULFUR
Page 1 of 1