The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

excerpts from a book I am reading on Nature.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
thepassamist

thepassamist

Male
Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2013-07-06

excerpts from a book I am reading on Nature. Empty
PostSubject: excerpts from a book I am reading on Nature.   excerpts from a book I am reading on Nature. Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 2:45 pm

There are many neat citations from this book that i have wanted to share, but to be honest have been caught up in it to keep reading it. I may not neccessarily agree with everything in this book, but I do find the book as a whole very interesting to read. the book is called "The Law of Nature and the Wonders of Ourselves." Here is a excerpt from "The Human Body" Section.

"I shall now show you how children can be made scientifically in laboratories, or in other words, how a human being can imitate nature and even improve over her. Take a dry and warm or hot glass from a warm room and walk with it into a cold room, and you will at once have a few atoms of nitrogen and oxygen or water inside the glass. The same thing would happen if you took a dry and cold glass out of a cold atmosphere and walked with it into a warm room. Anatomy tells us that we, as human beings, originate at the moment of creation from a very small tiny atom or germ, invisible to the eye. You now understand that all atoms of matter must first go through the process of being born or originated from air and then through water. You will readily comprehend that by gathering some drops of water in a glass from the air and putting it into a certain temperature, the water will finally turn into albumin or germy matter. If albumin is kept at a certain grade of heat for so many hours, you will have a new formation or creation of living germs; and if you know how, you can cause those germs to grow into rats, cats, dogs, elephants, or human beings, the same a Mr. Burbank, through a similiar method, has caused original kinds of flowers and vegetation to appear, that nature cannot do."

The section of how nature works is also interesting. this book is from around the early 1900s. Some chapters include: A trip beyond the sun, What nature is, creation of air and matter, how things grow in nature, the human body,death and life.

Overall, just a different view on the universe and thought i would share this. I bought my copy off amazon. I do not have a pdf version.
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: excerpts from a book I am reading on Nature.   excerpts from a book I am reading on Nature. Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 5:21 pm

That is a rather unusual way to think of the universe, even from an alchemy standpoint.

Edit: upon request.

Sorry I thought this was a PM.

Last edited by solarseeker on Fri May 16, 2014 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thepassamist

thepassamist

Male

PostSubject: Re: excerpts from a book I am reading on Nature.   excerpts from a book I am reading on Nature. Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 5:45 pm

Lol. Yes I did. Although you could edit out my address. Smile
And check your inboc
Back to top Go down
thepassamist

thepassamist

Male

PostSubject: Re: excerpts from a book I am reading on Nature.   excerpts from a book I am reading on Nature. Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 6:49 pm

it is an unusual way to look at the universe. The chapter on nature explains how the universe (and nature) is a perpetual machine that constantly destroys and recreates blindly and indiscriminately. Also speaks on how everything is created from the air. As air being the beginning of everything and is endless. Its neat and different
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: excerpts from a book I am reading on Nature.   excerpts from a book I am reading on Nature. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

excerpts from a book I am reading on Nature.
Page 1 of 1