The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Salutations, Crestington

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Crestington

Crestington

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-02-13

Salutations, Crestington Empty
PostSubject: Salutations, Crestington   Salutations, Crestington Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 5:50 am

From across the universe and into the minds of the seekers, I'd like to say.... G'day

My name is Chris, I'm 24, from Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada.
It began about 3 years ago with a search on the internet on psychic phenomena. I came across "Koda's place" in which he detailed his out of body experiences, telepathy, shared experiences etc. I became intrigued by his stories and began meditating, trying to force an OBE and practicing telepathy on a candle flame. It took 2-3 months but I achieved an OBE and opened the door into lucid dreaming. With the candle flame I had some success but not nearly as much as some of the videos on youtube. Mediation was the greatest asset as I began to trust my judgement more and insights that I would come to. One day I wondered where I was going with this and what is the destination. If I wanted to become more psychic, that meant that I'm trying to access more than the 10% of my mind, "to become more intelligent". Well, what is the best way to become more intelligent? "by working on the things I am least good at". Okay, so what defines my intelligence and what am I least good at "I am a logical person, good at math and sciences but I have never done any art and have poor personal skills". "so the best way to begin would be to focus on becoming more creative". I began with sculpting and I turned out to be pretty good at it, when I was very little I would work with playdough, it was much the same. First project I made was a mouse holding a cane out of clay, took me about 3 hours to make and paint but the clay was too hard to work with and it ended up breaking.

I decided to try with soapstone, I got a 7.5 lb chunk from an art store and ever patiently began to chip away at it. It became my hobby project for a whole year, I wanted it to be exceptional for the first piece I have ever carved. I liked how it turned out but the body is a bit out of proportion, the artists eye I guess
Salutations, Crestington N5389810
Salutations, Crestington N5389811

That same year I took up skydiving (15 jumps as of july of last year) and attended my first outdoor festival. It was called Shambhala, a hippie/spiritual music festival in southern British Columbia, it was easily one of the best weeks of my life, when I came back I had a couple people mention that I had changed a bit. Through a string of coincidences, I moved into a 7000 sq ft house with 14 people just before new years eve of last year. I tried my hand at painting around this time, here are the only 2 i liked.

Salutations, Crestington N5389812
Salutations, Crestington N5389813

I started a job as a carpenters helper around February of last year. I worked with the main carpenter on the new hotel for the whole duration of the time I worked there. It became a game to try and see how much we could get done, and it always changed. I did alot of the finishing work, it takes alot of attention to detail, and I had to be careful with my measurements and with the product, there was more than one time where someone that was helping us ended up sanding walls because they messed up measurements, wasting alot of material or were just too slow. The guy I worked for was an awesome guy, a frenchman from Quebec, always cracking jokes.

The times I felt as though I really changed the most were the ones where I really stepped outside my comfort zone, such as skydiving, going to a music festival by myself, travelling to los angelas for a concert, living with 14 crazy but really cool people, working a job that challenges me physically and mentally. So how could I stay outside my comfort zone all the time? Leave my city, leave my home, face the great unknown on the other side of the world. I started saving to go to Australia since early last year, and I planned to go in November just after my birthday but as it turned out, I had my visa, my passport, and 5 grand by October and just before it became one of the coldest winters in canada's history, I set off to the land down under.

You might be wondering how this all relates to this forum. Well, ever since the day I searched for results on psychic phenomena, I have been ever since. I went through all the new age crystal books and but so much of it was heresay with no real edivence that it could be done without it, that I am mainly against the new age. Also, alot of the people I have met that believe that new age stuff are people who believe in things without really searching for the truth. I began to search and read anything and everything that interested me, science articles, biographies, free energy, reiki, theoretical physics, the 60's and stories of adventure like jules vern (I read 5 or 6 books of his), hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, Shogun (I liked the part near the end where Tokugawa Yoshinobu says that he does not believe in destiny, it's for him to make and goes on to become shogun), Dune (Paul Atreides achieves enlightenment, seeing his actions as a multitude of paths that constantly change through word and action and goes on to even be in more places than one). I find alot of truth in fiction and alot of fiction in truth and try to keep the values from the stories that I think will help me. The holy grail started to come up very frequently and same with alchemy, I read "the alchemist" and began searching deeper. I came across alot of obscure tales of alchemist searching for transmutation, psychic abilities, and long life. I came across Nicks Alchemy-Illuminated website, he was the first one to have real methods without trying to shroud it in code and really seems to dig for the truth.

Anyways, as I got closer to going to Australia, it became more then just travelling for a year. If I truly want to experience the world, stay outside my comfort zone and grow as a person, it cannot end with just Australia. I plan to keep going to my journey, to visit as many countries as I can, slowly circumventing the world, searching out adventure, funny people, different cultures, teachers and art.

In the last 4 months I have been diving on the great barrier reef, crawling through caves and working at janolen caves, Canyoning in striped skintight thermals in the blue mountains, surfing, wierd birthday where I mistakenly let 3 girls decorate my face. I went to Rainbow Serpent music festival, met psychics, got some reiki healing, some healing using a tesla coil and some culture of the Aboriginal dreamtime. I've met a guy named tim from hawaii (surf instructor and rock climber), and a girl named sarah (rock climber, kayaking and canyoning) who are the 2 most adventureous people I've ever met. I've met others who are simply the nicest people I've ever met, and others who irritate me to no end. I've worked in restaurants, builts sheds, picked fruit, pruned trees and many many other jobs since I've been here.

I would still like to continue being on these forums, watch progress and to try and help in any way that I can. My journey is going to keep me moving for quite some time, it will be hard for me to perform alchemical processes, so until the time comes when I can, I would still like to do my part.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Salutations, Crestington   Salutations, Crestington Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 1:23 pm

Thank you for that informative post Crestington. You read my mind. I too want to travel and experience things and do things that not many people get the chance to do. I too, believe that one must go outside of their comfort zone to achieve oneness with themselves and open their creativity and mind. Your introduction makes me want to post a analogy. Here is a simple analogy to go along and support your introduction.

What is Dumb, and what is Smart?

Let's say you have two people, Person A and Person B. Person A knows a lot about a subject that Person B doesn't. Let's say Person As subject is Alchemy. Person B is learning from Person A about alchemy and assumes that person A is smart. Now, Person A doesn't know something about a subject that Person B is familiar with. So, the tables have turned, Person B becomes the teacher, and Person A becomes the student. Therefor, Person A thinks Person B is smart. What does this teach us?

It's easy, Dumb, and Smart don't really exist, they are Simply words. They aren't beings, they aren't objects, and they aren't feelings. Just words.

A person is not Dumb, or Smart, we either lack the knowledge we seek, or have the knowledge that others are seeking.

With that said, I'll let this be. Thanks for the intro.
Back to top Go down
Crestington

Crestington

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Salutations, Crestington   Salutations, Crestington Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 7:46 pm

Zulnic, I would like to be able to show people a proven method of gaining psychic abilities that would also be fun and entertaining. Things like psychology, and anthropology and languages are better learned through observation and constant interaction with others than through books. History is retained better with direct observation of the culture, and writing, art and music are best devolped through practice. Mathematics and the Sciences are now available in vast quantities on the Internet, if you want to build something, there are plans on the net somewhere but the sciences require experimentation which can be done outside the classroom as well.

Intelligence is usually defined as the ability for one to adapt to their environment. By having to constantly adapt to new situations I believe that the learning process will become quicker and quicker. If I were to travel to nearly every country in the world I would learn more about History, Psychology, Anthropology, Languages, Geography, and personal growth than could ever be learned in the classroom.

I am hoping that with enough adaptation that learning will become quicker and quicker, to the point where new areas of the mind are opened up. But I want to try and push that as well by keeping an eye out for people who can teach me ways of opening my mind and new abilities. I have read books on psychic abilities and seen videos but it isn't nearly as concrete as experiencing it firsthand.

There are also shortcuts in which to push the doors as well such as small amounts as hellucigens, The Mitchell-Hedges Crystal skull (The skull that the new indiana film was based upon, it is said that when you look into the eyes, it stimulates the psychic region of your brain), There is also TMS (Trans-Cranial Magnetic Stimulation, the use of magnetic fields to stimulate the brain) and Alchemy in which the Elixer of Life grants people psychic abilities. With these comes great responsibility because if misused they can cause death or brain damage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Salutations, Crestington   Salutations, Crestington Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Salutations, Crestington
Page 1 of 1