The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The right amount of Dew- important?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

The right amount of Dew- important? Empty
PostSubject: The right amount of Dew- important?   The right amount of Dew- important? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 4:13 pm

According to the new 2nd letter that has been shared with the community- we read that 1/2 a pound of dew/salt water is to be placed in a short-necked phial but isn't 1/2 a pound a little under 1/2 a liter of water. It was my understanding that we are to collect about a liter of dew for our experiments in order to have enough astral power.

Is this true or does it not mater how much dew we use as long as it fills a vessel 1/2 full and is super saturated? Would more dew/salt solution equal increased "cooking" time or does the amount of solution not effect it as long as its evenly heated?

-val
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The right amount of Dew- important?   The right amount of Dew- important? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 4:34 pm

I don't think it really matters on that. A lot of it depends on what size flask/bottles you have to work with. Nick says to fill it 2/3 full, the letter says 1/2. I'm going by Nick's book, so I'm going to do 2/3. The recipe calls for 1 liter of dew and 1 cup of salt and 10-ml of holy water. If you don't have enough dew for 1 liter, you could always filter out the remaining undissolved salt with a coffee filter. Some people only have 500 ml flask available to them, other's are using wine/champagne bottles. So, it really depends on what you have available.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: I agre :)   The right amount of Dew- important? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 5:05 pm

Zulnic wrote:
I don't think it really matters on that. A lot of it depends on what size flask/bottles you have to work with. Nick says to fill it 2/3 full, the letter says 1/2. I'm going by Nick's book, so I'm going to do 2/3. The recipe calls for 1 liter of dew and 1 cup of salt and 10-ml of holy water. If you don't have enough dew for 1 liter, you could always filter out the remaining undissolved salt with a coffee filter. Some people only have 500 ml flask available to them, other's are using wine/champagne bottles. So, it really depends on what you have available.

I agree with you and for our first attempts at this we should really go with the tried and true method that Nick has demonstrated (since he has successfully made the Alkahest) and then follow through with experimentation to see what truly matters and what doesn't.

xoxo,

val
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The right amount of Dew- important?   The right amount of Dew- important? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 6:44 pm

I will advise you to use the information from the second letter because Nicholas is updating the whole process right now for the third edition of his book.To fill the glass 2/3 full it is little too much because the fumes can not build cycles like Ouroboros, 1/2 full is just right (like above,so bellow).The user of this forum called SmoothAmbiguity already failed in the process because he filled too much his vessel, see the pictures for yourself in his thread "Updated: Balneo Mary Bath".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: thanx all   The right amount of Dew- important? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 8:58 pm

I think the best way to approach this is with a little experimentation. I haven't seen any pictures either so we're all pretty much going on "faith" right now. I'm currently in the process of analyzing all given data and letting my gutt feelings be my guide. But nick says he has been able to dissolve gold in his modified elixir- even though it took him half the time to make he still was able to transmute small amounts of lead to gold and sell it! that is truly amazing and i hope prove will soon be given. His elixir was made without lots of the suggestions (not on the full moon and not in my or june also- most importantly- his salt had ADDED kelp!) is able to melt gold- of course because of the weakened state it took longer but nonetheless- still working!

-val
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The right amount of Dew- important?   The right amount of Dew- important? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 10:42 pm

The important thing is the amount of dew in relationship to the size of flask or bottle.
The reason for the 2/3rds full is so you will have room for the mixture to circulate in the
neck of the bottle. That is why Nick also sugest using a wine bottle because it's wide at
the bottom and skinny at the top.
When the mixture is heated at the bottom it turns to vapor, rises to the top of the bottle
where it is much cooler. It then condenses and drips or drains back down the sides of
the bottle into the mixture. This process happens continuously over a 40 day time peroid.
This is what strengthens the mixture.

You have to have enough room above the mixture for the circulation to take place.
For myself I will probably use a very tall bottle with a flip top ceramic lid and fill it less then
half full.
Here is a link where you can find them.

http://www.mountainhomebrew.com/browseproducts/EZ-Cap-Bottle-Clear-1lt-case.HTML

There are other sources out there for these types of bottles. You can find them in onezy
twozy's for about $4.50 a bottle The cap is a ceramic piece with a rubber seal between
it and the bottle. When the wire bail snaps in place it creates a very tight seal.

MO-1 king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The right amount of Dew- important?   The right amount of Dew- important? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:23 am

Quote :
When the mixture is heated at the bottom it turns to vapor, rises to the top of the bottle
where it is much cooler. It then condenses and drips or drains back down the sides of
the bottle into the mixture. This process happens continuously over a 40 day time period.
This is what strengthens the mixture.

darn.. i accidentally pressed "new" instead of reply and it made a whole new post. hopefully nick can delete it cuz i didnt see a button to delete your own post.

this is what i wrote:

WOW! thats an expensive bottle- at least for my current budget it is but its really pretty. I am going to be using a cheapo screw cap i already own. But your reply brought up some questions:

according to the new data provided in the 2nd letter- the water baths are suppose to be continuously 40 days not 14, right? also- it says to remove it "before this becomes too dry"- isn't it wet? what does that mean? it makes it seem likes there is no set time for the coagulations in the sand bath- that "as soon as" you see the salt forming your to cool it then put it in the bath again. I'm I understanding this correctly?
Back to top Go down
philalethes

philalethes

Male
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: pressure caps   The right amount of Dew- important? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 2:30 am

that price is for a case of bottles.

Go buy a bottle or two of Grolsch beer if you like that type seal. I seem to recall that Nick said he didn't trust the rubber seal as it might be corroded by the alkahest.
Back to top Go down
http://cista.net

PostSubject: Re: The right amount of Dew- important?   The right amount of Dew- important? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 2:34 am

The 39.99 is for a case of 12 bottles. You can find them in singles as well. Lot
of companies sell them.

MO-1 king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Sounds good to me :)   The right amount of Dew- important? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 12:04 pm

ooooooh- thats for a CASE! I suppose thats not that bad then. Smile

I've been collecting dew but it started developing an odd smell so i started collecting it in another jar. Also.. I got lots of dew last night but then I noticed one of the containers was leaking.. my guess is that about 1/3 of the dew I collected from all the containers was contaminated cuz i didn't notice that one that had leaked. Is it safe to say that it is still good since it was a small amount compared to all the genuine dew and that there is still astral fire in the remaining dew so starting over isn't necesary? I mean holy water isn't dew but we're still suppose to add some... so maybe a small amount of non-dew water isn't CRUCIAL, right?

To be safe I'll just start another bath and not throw this batch out either. When the time comes I'll cook 2 batches- one with slightly contaminated dew and one with pure dew... we'll see if it makes a huge difference or not Smile That knowledge is necessary anyways to further our studies into this art.

-val
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: The right amount of Dew- important?   The right amount of Dew- important? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 5:56 pm

Don't ever throw out your dew, no matter what it smells like, or even if it has been accidentally diluted with other water. It's always going to be able to produce the Alkahest.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com

PostSubject: EXACTLY :)   The right amount of Dew- important? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 3:11 am

NDC wrote:
Don't ever throw out your dew, no matter what it smells like, or even if it has been accidentally diluted with other water. It's always going to be able to produce the Alkahest.

My instincts kept telling me that and its so nice to hear it from someone else! I had resolved to do just that and saved it all. I plan to collect all the way till the full moon on the 11th and then start this sacred process.

thanks again... Next to God, you are the reason my entire family will be healed from their illnesses.

xoxo,

val
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The right amount of Dew- important?   The right amount of Dew- important? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The right amount of Dew- important?
Page 1 of 1