The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A third capucine monk letter?!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
auggie

Male
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-03-23

A third capucine monk letter?! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A third capucine monk letter?!   A third capucine monk letter?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 5:27 pm

Hello again gang : Iv'e been lookin for an alternate source for these SLOANE Manuscripts. Other than the British museum.. It looks like Victoria university in Toronto Canada has acquired these documents and more . from Great Britian. And it makes sense as Canada considers it'self a colony of G/B.. the department is called C.R.R.S or the Center for Reformation & Renaissance Studies .. which covers the years 1350 thru 1700's the web site is ......http://www.cits.ca/ its a big site , and I didnt know exactly where to start my search so I e-mailed the man in charge yesterday but havent recieved a reply yet. I told him I was doing research on old Alchemical Manuscripts and the SLOAN manuscripts in particular.. It looks like they may have digitized them and they can be retrieved via the web free .. but dont know for sure yet Auggie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A third capucine monk letter?!   A third capucine monk letter?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:12 pm

hello truekabbalist as far as u translated is there anything thats in the original letter thats not in the translated ones that would be important to know as far as making just the alkahest goes???
Back to top Go down
Felix_Madhouse

Felix_Madhouse

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: A third capucine monk letter?!   A third capucine monk letter?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:13 pm

yes truekabbalist, that absolutely does clear it up for me, thank you for clarifying that and i appreciate the effort Very Happy mucho gracias namaste!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A third capucine monk letter?!   A third capucine monk letter?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 7:50 pm

I received a answer from british library today...

Dear Dejan,

I have pasted a link below that will take you to a list of the Sloane Manuscripts at the British Library. The British Library separated their collection from the British Museum and moved to new buildings at King's Cross in 1998. Please contact them about receiving copies of the folios you mentioned.

http://www.bl.uk/catalogues/manuscripts/INDX0010.ASP

The British Library main website is www.bl.uk.

Kind regards,

Julia Flood
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A third capucine monk letter?!   A third capucine monk letter?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 6:43 am

Well what confuses me the most are this two marginal notes "This salt is earth", or "This salt is antimony" and "This dew is Nitre".

Truekabbalist can you at least post only this two symbols in their original form?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A third capucine monk letter?!   A third capucine monk letter?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:17 am

Earth and antimony have the same symbol. That salt is niter is also an idea of Sendivogius who claims that the mercury of the air under the influence of sun and moon reaches with the rain and dew the earth and creates the saltpeter of the air. (sal nitrum, sal centrale, semen) which causes organic growth of the metals.

Frank

Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A third capucine monk letter?!   A third capucine monk letter?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:41 am

I am aware of that Frank.
I was thinking what if we are missing one ingredient?

A couple days ago Nick posted this message on the forum:
http://www.lost-academy.com/practical-alchemy-f1/important-updates-to-the-dew-process-t69-60.htm#2038

"But it does seem like something is very different about the process because maybe something was intentionally left out. It makes no sense how the water could turn black, then deposit a gray salt all around the sides of the flask, and then become black again when you put it back in the water bath. Then as you repeat the process, the water is supposed to gradually become clear, and the salt will become white. But that is simply impossible. The dew never becomes black, and the salt never coats the sides of the flask and drys up during the sand bath, and the precipitant only gets darker, not whiter."

So as you can see that is not impossible!
Back to top Go down
Wilfried

Wilfried

Male
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: A third capucine monk letter?!   A third capucine monk letter?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 9:47 am

The Ruesenstein (Reußenstein in german, sadly I can’t find it in german) document is truly an eyeopener. The processes the Baron and the adepts share with each other will help you immensely to understand our work. (from RAMS library)

I selected a view passages which are similar to our cappuccino monk process, besides the process of the dew from the Baron himself.

Wilfried

A third capucine monk letter?! - Page 2 Ancien10

A third capucine monk letter?! - Page 2 Forneg10

A third capucine monk letter?! - Page 2 Sea_sa10
Back to top Go down
Wilfried

Wilfried

Male
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: A third capucine monk letter?!   A third capucine monk letter?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 9:50 am

Putrefying our dew seems to be extremely important, you will stumble many many times over this in the ruesenstein document.

Wilfried
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A third capucine monk letter?!   A third capucine monk letter?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 10:42 am

yes putrification is important , but after putrification is it Necessary to Distil ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A third capucine monk letter?!   A third capucine monk letter?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 1:02 pm

spilo wrote:
yes putrification is important , but after putrification is it Necessary to Distil ?

This is not based on own experience (... but on speculation :rol: ) :

I'm sure that it is better to distill the dew afterwards if you decide to putrify it.
Putrification is just one way to kill a thing. Killing means setting free the spirit and leaving the matter behind. In this case we need the spirit of the dew (an maybe more) but surely not the "feces" that will form during putrification. So better distill it away using not too much heat and ice-cold water for the condenser so that the very subtile, volatile spirits will condense also.

I used to think that the spirit can die because of the heat of the distillation. But I don't think this anymore.
What we need is the spirit and maybe this spirit can be considered as a kind of quintia essentia of the dew.
So the spirit will not be destroyed because no quintia essentia can be destroyed. It will just separate.
But to separate the spirit, putrification is not necessary. The spirit of dew is a real sensitive thing and easily volatilizes.
So if putrification is necessary, then for another reason.

This is just what I think. Maybe it helps you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A third capucine monk letter?!   A third capucine monk letter?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 1:19 pm

[/quote]This is just what I think. Maybe it helps you.[/quote]

Speculation?! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A third capucine monk letter?!   A third capucine monk letter?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 11:04 am

The dew that I have collected and kept in the fridge since the last full moon seems to have a growth in it. I have wondered if its not this bacteria or what ever is not the working spirit or the 3rd ingredient and maybe one of the reasons (for the dew of may) as being when they are most prevalent.
Back to top Go down
auggie

Male

PostSubject: Re: A third capucine monk letter?!   A third capucine monk letter?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 12:05 pm

A fourth letter or method.. My R.A.M.S cd's finally arrived !! I found a method titled "chemical Moonshine" this method uses Celestial dew or spiritus mercurii like our origional.. and goes into detail about how to collect it and use it on pages 23-24-25 heres a quick synopsis of what it says: The rays of the Sun-Moon & Dew , must be collected in a clean jar or vessel , away from rain-dirt-stench-smoke and flying and wandering animals.. in thunder storms if the wind blows from the south,southeast,or southwest it is good.. But great Cold or great heat give you nothing.. The dew collected from grass or trees , is already spoiled. the place of capture must not be marshy , have no great mountians ,houses or towers
but be wide open.. your collection vessel should stand at least 6 feet over the earth , neither higher nor lower.. the spiritus mercurii must be collected copiously . when you have 8 to 16 oz., let it putrefy for 40 days in a well closed alembc or vial .after putrefaction, divide your materia into several parts , take 1 or 2 oz. and let it dry, draw your salt out of the capur mortum and add as much spiritus mercurii as there was in the begining or maybe less ,let it again dry gently , when it has dried, give the child fresh milk, out of which it originated, but half as much as before. then take the third portion of your spiritus mercurii; divide into 7 equal portions and soak your materia a total of 7 times and each time well dried , until the seventh.. soaking & drying So then give the tincture its Ferment, either gold or silver in a crucible in a strong fire for 3 or 4 days, that the metal stands in flux or continual fusion. so that our heavenly salt of all metals become ennobled & together with either gold or silver is transmuted into a tincture. when this occurs, take a little of this tincture, wrapped in wax, projected on imperfect metals while in fusion.. So will you accomplish miracles Now be contented fear god and follow my true instructions. Seek the Single vessel, oven and fire, and let all other things alone .. It costs nothing from the beginning to the end, except your necessary maintenance as nourishment and clothing Of all writings none are to be found so clear, undesguised, and honest , and written without deceit than this is .... Auggie
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: A third capucine monk letter?!   A third capucine monk letter?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 7:45 am

lol! Look auggie my last post in "IMPORTANT UPDATES TO THE DEW PROCESS" in the same day we send a post about "chemical moon".

cheers
Love.

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
auggie

Male

PostSubject: Re: A third capucine monk letter?!   A third capucine monk letter?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 5:54 am

Yes Zosimo... good eye I was surprized also, about the coincidence Laughing love Auggie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A third capucine monk letter?!   A third capucine monk letter?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 7:21 am

Hi,
I've had a look to see, and don't think anybody has posted about the relevance of "Unfortunate Cyliani"
Please note the link attached for your perusal/persual.

http://www.rexresearch.com/alchemy3/cyliani.htm

Kind Wishes
Karitsis
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: A third capucine monk letter?!   A third capucine monk letter?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 6:42 pm

I read it many years ago.
Learningfull.
I think that with the story of John Dee & Edward Kelley,
and the troubles of Thomas Vaghan The Cosmopolite can give the complete overwiew of the matter.
In a negative way, but usefull.

In some ways being normal and living in every breath can protect us from being something special. Being nothing and being everything are so close realities, and at the same time we have to go to park our car properly, go the toilet, scratch the belly etc... and find the stone somewhere here, very early in the moorning.

Hermes is always a little tricky but the best Teacher available: He is three times Master, Master of the obstacles and Gods' Messenger. If we aren't too busy.

Zosimo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A third capucine monk letter?!   A third capucine monk letter?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 2:03 am

Man I just finished reading the letter of "The Unfortunate Cyliani", it is quite depressing. I wonder if I will ever succeed Question Its so complicated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A third capucine monk letter?!   A third capucine monk letter?! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 8:14 am

Hi, thank you,
And of the procedure/s following a little down from this line in the link above: ?
"Think of the dew of May. It becomes indispensable as vehicle and principle of all things".

love all
karitsis
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A third capucine monk letter?!   A third capucine monk letter?! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A third capucine monk letter?!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2