The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Crude Wine Tartar

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Crude Wine Tartar Empty
PostSubject: Crude Wine Tartar   Crude Wine Tartar Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:06 am

Where can you get crude wine tartar.

I know what it is and where it comes from but
have not been able to fine it for purchase.

MO-1 king
Back to top Go down

Crude Wine Tartar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crude Wine Tartar   Crude Wine Tartar Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 4:16 am

Hi magnum.opus1 Very Happy

It's worth visiting your regional wine growers. Maybe they throw it in the garbage and we can get it free.
Back to top Go down

Crude Wine Tartar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crude Wine Tartar   Crude Wine Tartar Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 4:34 am

magnum.opus1 wrote:
Where can you get crude wine tartar.

I know what it is and where it comes from but
have not been able to fine it for purchase.

MO-1 king

Yep, Chercheur is exactly right...... wineries are the place.
That's where I got a bunch some years back.
You may have to take a trip to California if you can't find a winery in Texas.
Maybe a friendly winegrower will ship some to you.
Back to top Go down

Crude Wine Tartar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crude Wine Tartar   Crude Wine Tartar Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 4:44 am

Magnum.opus1 hello,

that's a question ... Other than the obvious answer (make wine yourself) I can only speculate what else to do. Unfortunately, wine growers put sulfides in wine in order to prevent tartar formation. Maybe someone who produces wine for home consumption (not commercial) may provide you the material.

An other idea would be to boil down red wine bought from the store and use the residue for further work. I have not tested this myself and don't know yet if it works.
Back to top Go down

Crude Wine Tartar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crude Wine Tartar   Crude Wine Tartar Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 6:26 am

Hi,

I entered links for "cream" of Tar Tar.
(Apparently) Wrong info so I removed links.

I'd make your own and use the wine for consumption with the Elixir.
A true home brew!

Regards
Karitsis

Last edited by Karitsis on Wed May 20, 2009 10:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Crude Wine Tartar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crude Wine Tartar   Crude Wine Tartar Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 7:49 am

Hi MO-1,

Cream of tartar is cleaned tartar not crude tartar. The crude stuff you can get preferably from a winery that makes ecological/organic wines. Ask for the red stuff from red wines. I got mine from Switzerland. It cost about 2 $/2 pounds/kilo. Order a large quantity because it is hard to get . You’ll need it in most other processes but this one.

Frank
Smile
Back to top Go down

Crude Wine Tartar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crude Wine Tartar   Crude Wine Tartar Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:34 am

@frank
How do I contact them ?
Do they ship internationally?

Last edited by K on Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Crude Wine Tartar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crude Wine Tartar   Crude Wine Tartar Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:04 pm

Thanks guys,
We have a few wineries here in the Dallas area. I will make some calls and see what I can find.

K
If you can post a location or web page for your source that would be great.

MO=1 king
Back to top Go down

Crude Wine Tartar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crude Wine Tartar   Crude Wine Tartar Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 3:02 pm

Hi MO and K,

I got mine from a Swiss guy who got it from some winery in Switzerland. But I don't recommend to contact an overseas winery. It's hard for them to understand what you need the crude stuff for when you get it refined from every pharmacy or supplier of chemicals. Therefore try to find a local ecological/organic winery through the internet or by other means. Sometimes you have to reserve it because it is a seasonal product. The Master Jean Dubuis claims the red crude tartar is best but you can also use Sodium Potassium bitartrate. I can confirm that from experience. Good luck!

Frank

Smile
Back to top Go down

Crude Wine Tartar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crude Wine Tartar   Crude Wine Tartar Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 8:01 pm

Hi All,

MO, if all else fails, it's worth contacting companies refining the "cream". I'm sure that if you are persistent and tactful one of them will be able to provide you with some of their unrefined product, possibly as a free sample.

This may help:
http://www.ecplaza.net/search/0s1nf20sell/cream_of_tartar.html

Best of luck,

Karitsis.
Back to top Go down

Crude Wine Tartar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crude Wine Tartar   Crude Wine Tartar Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 6:13 am

I have observed recently that you can use cream of tartar instead of crude tartar. It can give the same results (yellow oil, transparent Alkahest).
Back to top Go down

Crude Wine Tartar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crude Wine Tartar   Crude Wine Tartar Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 10:09 pm

Yea, Guys I have been thinking about this and we could probably just
come in and reanimate The cream of tartar with red wine vinegar or spiritus
of wine. Sometimes we can use certain commercial chemicals after they
have been reanimated. I think I will proceed with that process.

I currently have 9 different processes going of which 4 are dew processes
and the other 5 are very promising spagyric elixirs. Am also working on the
begining stages of the Acetate path. I have been spending quite a bit of time
trying to keep up with it. My lab notes have gotten pretty extensive.

MO-1 king
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

Crude Wine Tartar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crude Wine Tartar   Crude Wine Tartar Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 12:47 am

That's a good idea -- using wine vinegar to reanimate the cream of tartar. But also I think it's fine just the way it is, because it still comes from a natural source, and all they do is clean it up a bit.

I don't think they do anything to the tartar that involves a chemical process interacting with the tartar itself, so it should be fine.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com

Crude Wine Tartar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crude Wine Tartar   Crude Wine Tartar Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 10:25 pm

Thanks ∴N.D.C∴ I will proceed based on that information.

MO-1 king
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crude Wine Tartar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crude Wine Tartar   Crude Wine Tartar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crude Wine Tartar
Page 1 of 1