The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

True, without error, certain and most true

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

True, without error, certain and most true Empty
PostSubject: True, without error, certain and most true   True, without error, certain and most true Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:26 pm

I opened this thread to share with you the results of my research and finally a confirmation of Mr. Nicholas D. Collette (speaker of truth) theories.After reading the book "The universal medicine" and
Actum Leydens letter i was simply overhelmed with the opennes and simplicity of his words and methods which i was not used to in alchemy.It was simply too good to be true...So i started the research and with great care have i tested his words without prejudice among other indepedent alchemical literature.This are excerpts taken from the books that i found on the subject:

Source: de Jong, H.M.E. Michael Maiers's Atlanta Fugiens: Sources of an alchemical Book of Emblems. E.J. Brill, Leiden, 1969.
(About dew)

Trithemius: "the wind carries its seed in her belly"

By "the wind carried him in its belly" Hermes means " ‘He, whose father is the Sun, and whose mother is the Moon, will be carried before he is born, by wind and vapour, just as a flying bird is carried by air'. From the vapours of winds, which are nothing else but wind in motion, water proceeds, when condensed, and from that water, mixed with earth, all minerals and metals arise". The substance carried by the wind is "in chemical respect.. the sulphur, which is carried in mercury". Lull says "‘The stone is the fire, carried in the belly of the air'. In physical respect it is the unborn child that will soon be born". To be clearer, "‘All mercury is composed of vapours, that is to say of water, which the earth raises along with it into the thin air, and of earth, which the air compels to return into watery earth or earthy water" As the elements contained within are each reduced to a watery condition, they either follow the volatile elements upward as in common mercury, or they stay below with the solid elements as in philosophical Mercury "and in the solid metals". So "Mercury is the wind which receives the sulphur... as the unripe fruit from the mothers womb, or from the ashes of the burnt mother's body and takes it to a place where it may ripen". Ripley says "our child shall be born in the air, that is the belly of the wind" [de Jong 1969: 55- 7.]

Source:: Processus D. Michaelis Sendivogii super centrum universi, seu Sal centrale. [published in:] J.J. Becher, Chymischer Gltickshafen, (Frankfurt, 1682)
(About salt)

"Pure salt of the Earth, otherwise known as nitre, is formed in the cauldron. This now has to be dissolved and concentrated, and purified and rinsed, until it becomes beautifully transparent and crystalline. It then acquires the name nitre of the philosophers' earth, our salt, which rises in the sea of the world, WATER WHICH DOES NOT WET HANDS, without which nothing in this world can be born or come to exist.
Thus you have in your hands the secret of all Philosophers and the source of the spring, or the hiding place of Nature. It is in this secret that the aforementioned Spirit of Nature, and the whole world resides. Both life and health proceed from this."

Source: The Invention of Sacred Tradition Edited by James R. Lewis
(About the true meaning of "Fratres Roris Cocti" and dew)

A third interpretation of the Rose Cross further ties it to John
Dee’s philosophy, or rather to a religious tradition on which he drew. This
emerges from a seventeenth-century French manuscript in Queen
Christina of Sweden’s collection, now in the Vatican, called Veritas
Hermetica . . . on the Difference Between Chemistry in Our Time and That
Among the Ancients.This text deals with the gathering of dew and its
processing, and refers to some Fratres Roris Cocti, brothers of boiled dew –
an alchemical way of referring to the Rosicrucian fraternity.The text
explains that a crystalline fluid can be gained from supercelestial water,
called maim by the Hebrews (as in aesch majim, the fiery water or watery
fire seen in the turquoise-blue colours of the sky). The author refers to a
speech on May 16, 1639, in an assembly of the Rose-Croix, that explained
the importance of dew to these brothers:

"The true menstruum of the Red Dragon (the true matter of the philosophers) of
which this society has wanted to leave to posterity through the characters of its
name [FRC], which cannot be effaced by time, is to be understood as brothers of
boiled dew [Fratres Roris Cocti] . . . the blessing of Isaac and Jacob did not contain
more than two varieties of matter, de Rore caeli et pinguedine terrae."

The last phrase is from the formula ‘‘God give thee of the dew of heaven
and the fatness of the earth,’’ after Isaac’s blessing of Jacob in Genesis 27:28
and found on the title page of Dee’s Monas hieroglyphica. Dee sets it out
with the exhortation: ‘‘Let the water above the heavens fall and the earth
will yield its fruit.’’

The Danish alchemist Olaus Borrichius writes on the same idea in his
travel journal. In Paris, where he arrived after meeting chemists in England,
he notes on April 23, 1664:
A certain distinguished Englishman at a meeting where the stone was discussed
said about it: F.R.C. does not refer to the fratres Roseae Crucis, but rather Fratres
roris cocti, and he further explained that by their sign (which is F.R.þ) that þ signifies LVX by a certain anagram as if they were illuminated by a special light or
that they use light or air in their work.

The method of deriving the anagram LVX from the crossþis explained in
the sixteenth theorem of Dee’s Monas. Borrichius further elucidates this
remark when he records how he has heard that
From the mouth of some Fr:R:C: Dew (ros) is in nature the most powerful solvent
of the Sun. It is not corrosive, but its light ought to be made dense and rendered
corporeal, by being artfully boiled in a proper vase for a convenient time, it truly is
the menstruum of the red dragon, i. e. of the Sun, i.e. the true philosophical matter,
by which F.R.C. shall be understood as Fratres roris cocti. Thus, in Genesis, Jacob’s
blessing was but this: De rore caeli et pinguedine terrae det tibi Deus.

When Borrichius left England and France for Italy and Rome in 1665 he
noted that he had often talked with the former queen Christina of Sweden
in Rome about the study of chemical arcana and experiments, and that she
as a ‘‘Palladio virago’’ dedicated herself entirely to the sacred art.She
could consult the source directly as she owned both a handwritten German
copy of Dee’s Monas hieroglyphica and Trithemius’ angelic cryptography
Steganographia.It is interesting that an alchemical tract, ‘‘The Mirror of
Truth,’’ was dedicated to her by Giovanni Batista Comastri: the Specchio
della Verita`: concordanza sopra la filosofia hermetica (Venice, 1683).
Comastri writes that the philosophical solvent is found in the air, hinting
at the extraction of sal niter, i.e. saltpeter or potassium nitrate (KNO3),
from dew in the tradition of the Cosmopolite; that is, from the pathbreaking
sal niter theory in Novum lumen chemicum (1608) published by the
Polish adept Michael Sendivogius, alias the Cosmopolite. Comastri borrows
his phrase, ‘‘There is in air an occult bread of life, the congealed spirit
of which is better than all the earth (universa terra).’’ This chemical vapor
or soul pervades all matter, and Sendivogius’ extraction of it has been seen
to prefigure the discovery of oxygen.The dew that contains this salt is, for
Dee, however, more akin to the life-giving substance described by the
Jewish kabbalah, just as, in the Zohar (speaking of the same verse in Genesis
27:28 on Isaac’s blessing of Jacob), dew flows ‘‘from the brain of the
Ancient of Days’’ and is understood as an erotic psychosexual presence as
the supercelestial watery fire flows in.

The texts on the Fratres Roris Cocti saw the collection of dew, and its
processing according to the principles behind Isaac’s blessing, as the secret,
inner alchemical doctrine of the Rosicrucians. The discussion draws on the
ideas of Dee and on Sendivogius’ central niter theory. The source turns out
to be one of Theophraste Renaudot’s conferences in Paris, namely his
scientific discussion seminar Bureau d’adresse. The conferences were later
published, and on May 16, 1639, the assembly spoke of the brothers Rose-
Croix.The author explains how, according to him, the R signifies
rose´e (dew) and not ‘‘rose’’:

The dew (which is the most powerful dissolvent of gold among natural bodies and
non-corrosive) is no other than this light dissolved and made corporeal: boiled by
the art for a convenient time, in its own vessel, it is the true menstruum of the Red
Dragon, that is of gold, the true matter of the philosophers. And this society has
wanted to confer on posterity in its name marks that cannot be effaced by time and
are to be kept by the brothers of boiled dew.

Excerpts from Philippus ŕ GABELLA:

"When our Mercury is joined with either magnesia or lunaria it is more correctly
known as ‘‘aqua sicca’’ (dry water). This does not wet the hands and when placed
near a fire it flees like a runaway slave . . . At times it appears in the form of dew, at
times like heavenly rain, sometimes even like snow, hail, hoar frost or a cloud, as if
it were dressed in a cloak. This transformation can be seen everywhere: however it
comes about, whether in metals, animals or vegetable matter, it is essential for the
appearance of the mercury so that the work can be brought to a conclusion."

Alchemical work with dew was little known in eighteenth-century
Freemasonic culture, but some of the symbolism was published in the
anonymous work Geheime Figuren der Rosencreutzer (Altona, 1785–88),
which circulated in the Gold- und Rosencreutz Orden, an alchemical
order that recent research has shown was founded in Naples in 1678.
The order was first made public in print in Breslau in 1710, by the Silesian
pietist and alchemist Sincerus Renatus (Samuel Richter).Since 1750, a
host of Rosicrucian allusions have come forward, for instance in the various
Masonic degrees of the ‘‘Chevalier de Rose-Croix.’’ Many non-Masonic
Rosicrucian societies emerged in the occult revival in Paris and London
after 1850, but for these I refer the reader to recent research by others.

Source: Mutus Liber ("The Silent Book"), 1677, La Rochelle. From Alchemy & Mysticism by Alexander Roob, p. 380.
(Alchemists collecting the morning dew.)

True, without error, certain and most true MORNINGDEW

"Picture Are Worth More Than a Thousand Words"

For today it will be enough.There is for sure much more information to be yet discovered and confirmed, so i will be very pleased if someone wants to contribute to the truth in this thread.
God bless you all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True, without error, certain and most true   True, without error, certain and most true Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 10:39 am

I agree with you trueKabbalist the last proof of the theories will be the ultimate creation of the Philosophers stone.I asumme the opening quotation from The Emerald Tablet in the title of this thread was somewhat misleading.I make no claim to exact and accurate statements beyond the possibility of error and misinterpretation, for words are frail messengers. They are fallible things unable to transmit accurately from mind to mind. My intention with this research that ive done was only to prove the theories and claims ("words") from Mr. Nicholas D. Collette in correspondance with the "traditional" alchemy.The only "traditional" proof which Mr.Collette gave us was "Actum Leyden" letter which authenticity i do not doubt but only one letter was simply not enough for me and that was my starting impuls toward the research.Now i can happily say that i found a lot of "confirmation" in the "traditional" alchemy texts abot the dew and salt method.What I have said concerning the the research of the theory has been completed.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: True, without error, certain and most true   True, without error, certain and most true Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 4:25 pm

Wow, dejan, your research was very fruitful. For me it was enough that the Rosicrucian Order itself means Borthers of the concocted or perfected dew, so I didn't try very hard to find other confirmation is older texts. Plus since I've made the Alkahest, ingested it, experienced the extreme overwhelming happiness and metal enhancements, and I've watched gold leaf dissolve into this water instantly, I know very well that it's all true.

But I think all the research you did has more value than just "proof". It also shows up which alchemists and societies were actually aware of the dew, and it shows us where in history these things came about.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: True, without error, certain and most true   True, without error, certain and most true Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 4:31 pm

Dejan, in the next edition of my book "The Universal Medicine" when I add photos, I would also like to add a chapter with the information you posted here. Would that be OK with you? If you give me your name, I will put it in the book to credit you with this research.

For most people the one Leyden letter is not enough evidence for them to believe dew is the prime materia for making the Alkahest. If they read all this info about dew being used by so many alchemists in the past, it would provide some confirmation for them. Plus it's just something that should be in the book for sake of completion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True, without error, certain and most true   True, without error, certain and most true Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:01 pm

What a honour that will be Nicholas.Today i almost regreted that i posted this research because i was not sure how you will react to this?I didnt want to be banned because of my "doubts" but now i am again overhelmed with a honour.What a day...
Of course you can use this research for your book cause without you there'd be no research in the first place.If you are interested i didnt post entire information that i found so i have a couple more quotations from varios books(some older,some newer sources),the only problem is i didnt read them entirely because of lack of time but if you wish i can post them in the next two days.
My full name is Dejan Pavlovic.
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: True, without error, certain and most true   True, without error, certain and most true Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 3:42 am

Yes, please Dejan post all you have about the morning dew in alchemy. I will also add to this thread as I find more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True, without error, certain and most true   True, without error, certain and most true Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 7:39 am

The "Mutus Liber" is a work done with dew, shown in full, where interpreting the meaning of Saturn etc. would be the greatest difficulty.

Rosée cuite (concoted dew), that's french, so I don't think the word Rosicrucian has to do with it, as it should come from german or latin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True, without error, certain and most true   True, without error, certain and most true Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 3:39 pm

Here is the second part of the research that ive done concerning the usage of the dew/seasalt methods in the "traditional" alchemy.In this post i've been researching the religious texts like The Holy Bible, Zohar and teachings from Zoroaster, which many alchemists of old school found to be of great value.The book that originally gave me this idea was "The Alchemy Key - Stuart Nettleton" and the majority of this post are directly excerpts from his book.This book also gives many other sources which was my starting point in the research.
In the first excerpt i am dealing with the famous "Manna" which i believe to be made of seasalt(found in dry lake beds in the deserts in Sinai) mixed with
the morning dew which was falling from the sky during the night.The second excerpt deals with with biblical king Melchizedek and the third about a Zoroaster.For the other sources i didnt have enough time to prove if they use dew/seasalt method or only dew or salt as ingredients.

Source: The Alchemy Key - Stuart Nettleton

(About the Philosophers' Stone in relationship with Manna)

The Jews and the Rosicrucians independently preserved the secret of the Philosophers' Stone.To this day, each retains its independence.
The Jews objectively documented their story through wide study of the Bible and candid writings of the great Jewish alchemists.
Jewish alchemy seemed to start at the Hyksos invasion of Egypt in 1801BCE when the Israelites participated in the royal secrets of
the Philosophers' Stone, known to the Old Kingdom Pharaohs.
(The authors believes that the Hyksos were originally the Jews who invaded Egypt around 1719 B.C. and to whom Egyptians has reffered as the "Shepherds").

The texts of the Old Kingdom gave the Philosophers' Stone many
names. It was called the golden tear from the eye of Horus, that which
issues from the mouth of the Creator (the Christian Word), and the spittle
or the semen of the Father in Heaven. With the rise of the Heliopolian
Amun, it later became the hidden Light: the unknowable name of the God
whose title was Amun and whose symbol was the ram.

Perhaps the most enigmatic name for the Philosophers' Stone was
in the negative or hidden form of a question-name: What is it?(which means Manna in Hebrew). This is
what Basil Valentine was referring to when he said of the Green Lion:
"you know what it is".

The Kabbalah interprets the name-question: What is it? as the
word manna.

It comes from Genesis and Exodus, which are probably
the greatest alchemical texts ever written. Exodus tells the history of the
Israelites and their reliance on manna for sustenance of the spirit:

Exodus 16:13-15
And it came to pass, that at even the quails came up, and covered
the camp: and in the morning the dew lay round about the host.
And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of
the wilderness there lay a small round thing, as small as the hoar
frost on the ground. And when the children of Israel saw it, they
said one to another, It is manna: for they wist not what it was.
And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the Lord hath
given you to eat.

The secret of preparing the Philosophers' Stone was seemingly
lost to Egypt in the tumult of the Hyksos(Jewish) expulsion. The old legends of
Zosimus and St Germain imply the Israelites plundered the secret from
the Egyptians. The Bible also talks about the plunder of gold and silver from the Egyptians:

And I will give this people favour in the sight of the Egyptians:
and it shall come to pass, that, when ye go, ye shall not go empty:
But every woman shall borrow of her neighbour, and of her that
sojourneth in her house, jewels of silver, and jewels of gold, and
raiment: and ye shall put them upon your sons, and upon your
daughters; and ye shall spoil the Egyptians.1353
And the children of Israel did according to the word of Moses;
and they borrowed of the Egyptians jewels of silver, and jewels of
gold, and raiment: And the Lord gave the people favour in the
sight of the Egyptians, so that they lent unto them such things as
they required. And they spoiled the Egyptians.

Exodus 3: 21-22
And I will give this people favour in the sight of the Egyptians:
and it shall come to pass, that, when ye go, ye shall not go empty:
But every woman shall borrow of her neighbour, and of her that
sojourneth in her house, jewels of silver, and jewels of gold, and
raiment: and ye shall put them upon your sons, and upon your
daughters; and ye shall spoil the Egyptians.

Exodus 12: 35-36
And the children of Israel did according to the word of Moses;
and they borrowed of the Egyptians jewels of silver, and jewels of
gold, and raiment: And the Lord gave the people favour in the
sight of the Egyptians, so that they lent unto them such things as
they required. And they spoiled the Egyptians.

When the Israelites departed from Egypt, Moses knew how to
make the substance known as the Philosophers' Stone, manna,
chrysopoeia, aurum potable or the water of gold. Moses' skill as an
alchemist is clear in the episode of the golden bull. The Israelites
apparently carried through the desert sufficient gold for the Ark of the Covenant, large tabernacle items like the golden vessels weighing twentynine
talents (over one ton) each and the golden bull Atabyrius. In finding
the Israelites worshiping the golden bull, Moses was outraged:

Exodus 32:19 & 20
And it came to pass, as soon as he came nigh unto the camp, that
he saw the calf, and the dancing: and Moses' anger waxed hot,
and he cast the tables out of his hands, and brake them beneath
the mount. And he took the calf which they had made, and burnt it
in the fire, and ground it to powder, and strawed it upon the
water, and made the children of Israel drink of it.

It is possible to dissolve and drink calcinated gold as described
here. Calcination is the burning of gold in fire with deer antler or animal
horn as the traditional source of calcium(Ammonium bicarbonate).

After entering the Promised Land, the Israelites no longer
consumed the Bread of Life.

Joshua 5:12
And the manna ceased on the morrow after they had eaten of the
old corn of the land; neither had the children of Israel manna any
more; but they did eat of the fruit of the land of Canaan that year.

Rabbinical tradition holds that the secret of the Philosophers'
Stone was lost to the Israelites at the destruction of the First Temple.
Following the destruction of the First Temple, alchemy and the
Philosophers' Stone remained subdued until the Hellenistic times in
Alexandria.

From four hundred BCE, until the time of Jesus, there was a
remarkable acceleration of learning in Alexandria under the Ptolemaic
kings of Egypt This commenced with the break up of Alexander’s
empire in about 321BCE, when Alexandria became the enforced home of
a massive number of Palestine Jews. Ptolemy I Soter who reigned from
323BCE to 285BCE enslaved one hundred thousand Jews and brought
them to Alexandria where the men served as military conscripts. His son,
Ptolemy II Philadelphus, who reigned from 285BCE to 247BCE,
subsequently released all Jewish slaves. There were more than one
hundred and ten thousand at the time. Jews then resided all over the city
and a Jewish aristocracy became established on the elite east side of
Alexandria.

Ptolemy I Soter built the great Library of Alexandria. His son
Ptolemy II Philadelphus expanded it and ordered the translation of the
Torah into Greek for the benefit of the large Jewish population of
Alexandria who could no longer speak Hebrew. The result was the
Septuagint, finalized about 150BCE. Far from being jubilantly received,
many Jewish scholars lamented that the Septuagint divulged to Israel’s
enemies their innermost secrets and shame at the evil deeds done by their
ancestors and God’s continual punishments for backsliding.1359
The Alexandria Library reputedly contained five hundred
thousand manuscripts and scholars could live there to study for as long as
they wished. Euclid was among the first scientists to work there. It was
at the Library that Aristarchos produced his remarkable treatise
suggesting the moon received its light from the sun. He also studied the
relative sizes and separations of the sun, moon and earth using a three
hundred and sixty degree system.

This era of enlightenment was not to last. Diocletian, Emperor of
Rome from 284CE to 305CE, was paranoid about Christianity and the
occult. He sought out and burned all Egyptian works that concerned the
chemistry of gold and silver. His reason for this was to prevent his
enemies making use of occult science against the Romans.1360 In a last
effort to block Christianity, he declared Mithraism as the official religion
of the Roman Empire.
Diocletian may have been concerned about rumors of a fearful
alchemical secret, that of the legendary Shamir. In Rabbinical tradition,
the Shamir was a giant worm that could cut stones. The secret of the
Shamir was probably in the hands of the Essenes in Alexandria. We know
from Philo of Alexandria, who lived from 20BCE to 50CE, that the influence of the Essenes of Egypt, known in the first century CE as
Therapeuts, was particularly strong in Alexandria.1362 Hippolytus
recorded Essenes were still in Egypt in 250CE.
Excavations at Qumran have shown that the Essenes operated a
furnace and carried out metallurgical works.1363 Alchemical works
continued in this same area long after the Roman campaign against
Massada. For example, the nearby village at the spring of Engedi was
engaged in esoteric activities. Engedi was the site of a famous Essene
college similar to Callirrhoë and Modein. A mosaic inscription in the
floor of the fourth century CE synagogue at Engedi includes a curse,
which is the only sinister curse ever discovered in a synagogue:

"Whoever reveals to the gentiles the secret of this village, the one
whose eyes roam over the entire earth and sees what is hidden
will uproot this person and his seed from under the sun."

One theory is that the Essenes collected white salts from
evaporated holding ponds in the Dead Sea. They sought material at the
surface where sodium chloride had already dropped away by fractional
crystallization. They manufactured alchemical gold employing a tower
five hundred meters up the hill for a gravity feed to a reverberatory
furnace. The tower still exists. Appendix 3 describes the method
supposedly used by King Solomon to make his one hundred thousand
talents (about three thousand eight hundred tons) of alchemical gold.

Moses de León (c. 1250 – 1305), known in Hebrew as Moshe ben Shem-Tov (משה בן שם-טוב די-ליאון), was a Spanish rabbi and Kabbalist who is thought of as the composer or redactor of the Zohar.
Moses de León describes the operation of the Ancient of Days as follows:

LHA 435 to 440

Into the skull ... distils the dew from the white head ... and
covereth it. And that dew appeared to be of two colors and by it
nourished the field of the holy apple trees. And from this dew of
this skull is the manna prepared for the just in the world to come.
And by it shall the dead be raised to life. And the manna did not
appear to be derived from this dew except at one time: the time
when Israel was wandering in the desert. And the Ancient One of
All fed them from this place. But afterwards, it did not fall out so
more fully.

Matt, p113-115, omitted in the translation by Mathers, S L MacGregor
“Come and see:
Every single day, dew trickles down from the Holy Ancient One to
the Impatient One, and the Orchard of holy Apple Trees is
blessed.
Some of the dew flows to those below;
holy angels are nourished by it,
each according to his diet,
as it is written:
‘A human ate angel bread'

Psalm 78:25
Israel ate of that food in the desert.
Rabbi Shimón said:
“Some people are nourished by it even now!
Who are they?
The Comrades, who engage Torah day and night.
Do you think they are nourished by that very food?
No, by something like that very food; two balancing one.
… The food that comes from higher above is finer food,
coming from the sphere where Judgment is found.
…Happy is the portion of the righteous!

Also from the Skull of the Microprosopopeia:

BoM 46-49, GHA 536-558 (The Skull of the Microprosopopeia) and Matt, pp165-166
When the White Head decided to add to its beauty with an
ornament, it sent out a spark from its own light.
It breathed on the spark to cool it, and the spark grew firm.
It expanded and hollowed itself out, like a blue transparent skull
enclosing thousands, myriads of worlds.
This cavity is full of external dew, white on the side of the Father,
red on the side of the Son. It is the dew of light and life, the dew
that engenders and resurrects the dead.
Some are resurrected in light, others in fire.
Some are in the eternal whiteness of peace, the others in the
redness of fire and the torments of war.
“The wicked are the disgrace, so as to speak, of their father, and
it is they who cover the face with its redness.
In this skull of the Universal Man, only begotten Son of God,
resides Knowledge, with its thirty two paths and its fifty gates.

”To encourage the Jews to redouble their efforts to find the lost
Philosophers' Stone, Abraham Eleazar writes:

For you should know that God the Highest will promise and give
you His blessing so that you should enjoy the breadth of the land
and drink the dew of heaven.

This is the same exhortation as found engraved on copper tablets
in the manuscript of Samuel Baruch.Samuel Baruch writes that the
ultimate achievement is:

Patai, pp252-5
The great mystery of the world, the life and food of the holy souls
and angels, out of whose dew the heaven comes and the fatness of
the earth.

End of part one...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True, without error, certain and most true   True, without error, certain and most true Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 3:39 pm

Part two:

(About biblical king Melchizedek and his holy order)

King Mel-chi-zedek the Jebusite is one of the most mysterious
characters in all biblical myths. The Book of Genesis identifies him as a
sacred Priest-King of Salem at the time it was in Hurrian or Amorite
hands. The Hindu’s know him as Melik-Sadaksina, the great son of a
Kassite king and magical priest of Brahm, who was Abraham’s teacher.
Another of Melchizedek’s names is Adoni-Zedek after the city
god of Salem and King of Righteousness.562 The Ammonites called him
Zaduk.

Melchizedek welcomed Abraham to Canaan after Abraham had
returned from defeating Kedorla'omer:
Genesis 14: 18

"And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine:
and he was the priest of the most high God."

Priests after the Order of Melchizedek are prominent over the
millennia. One of the last Biblical references is when King David
appoints Zadok as a joint high priest with the Levites. The final
identification with Melchizedek occurs with Jesus. Among the many
messianic aspirants of the time, Jesus was a particularly special messiah
because he was a priest of Melchizedek.

The Melchizedek Priests at the Temple of Jerusalem were adepts
in many aspects of the chemistry of gold. It strikes me now how easily
they could have made shrewbread, manna or whitebread ,
scooping Jordan River water from the Brazen Sea in front of the Temple,
then mixing it with alkali from a bowl to create the Philosophers’ Stone in
a golden bowl..The Jordan River and salts from
the Dead Sea are hugely prospective for making the Philosophers’ Stone.
In fact, they are ten times better than other seawater, and considered
especially good because they do not seem to have the poisonous heavy
metal precipitate called a Gilcrest Precipitate.

John the Baptist conducted his baptism rituals
in the Jordan and even today people of some religions return there to
immerse themselves in its waters for extraordinarily long periods, even to
the point of almost drowning.

The Jordan River and the Nile are similar in more than fine fish
and fertile floodplains. The renowned alchemist, Zosimus of Panopolis,
was to write:
Berthelot Collection des anciens alchimistes grecs, II, p129

Go to the waters of the Nile; there you will find a stone which has
a spirit; take it, cut it in two; put your hand in its interior and
draw out its heart: because its soul is in its heart.

Actually, any seawater, from well under the surface, will also do,
especially if you are near an undersea vent. It is said that a skilled
alchemist can even make the Stone repeatedly from the same bucket of
water.Have you seen the sculpture of him(Melchizedek) at Chartres Cathedral, welcoming initiates at the North Entrance, beneath the Rose Window.
This is the famous Gate of the Initiates.He’s there, along with Aaron, David and Solomon, holding a goblet containing the Philosophers’ Stone.
After all, the Bible said that Melchizedek, the King of Salem, who first possessed the Philosophers’ Stone, would live forever.

The precise geographical location of Melchizedek's Salem is
unknown. Biblical publishers readily assume Salem is the current
Jerusalem because of the forthright deconstruction of Jerusalem into Jeru
and Salem.Josephus records that Salem became Jerusalem after the
time of Abraham.

...The Moreh-zedek or the Teacher of Righteousness can be seen
as a common alchemical archetype with the dew or Bread of Life. In the
same way Melchizedek, the King of Righteousness, is an archetype for the
priest that manufactures the sacred bread. He provides this sacred bread
to Abraham in a rite of kingship.
A statue in the North Porch of Chartres Cathedral shows
Melchizedek holding a long-stemmed chalice or cup in his left hand. It
contains a solid cylindrical object that is the Moreh-zedek. Many think it
is the Holy Grail or Philosophers' Stone.
The stained glass window on the North Façade shows Melchizedek again.
An inside window of Paris’ Notre Dame Cathedral also shows alchemy in action.

The Teacher of Righteousness or Moreh-zedek of the Dead Sea
Scrolls seems to be very much like Mel-chi-zedek Moreh and Moriah
are the places of Yahweh's Covenant with Abraham. The Hebrew word
Marah means salt sea. Therefore, Mor-Iah and Mor-Jah translate to
God of the Sea or God of the Salt Water. From this same root, Morehzedek
translates as the Water of Righteousness or Dew of Righteousness.

A most important function of the Melchizedek priests at the time
of the Exodus was to set out the Bread of the Presence of God on a golden
table in front of the Ark of the Covenant, also called the Ark of Alliance.
Moses decreed that the Ark should contain a quantity of the Bread of
Heaven or manna found by the Israelites in the wilderness so future
generations would see what it was like.

(About Zoroaster)

His name(Zoroaster) means the living star or stream of
the star. Zoroaster bears a great affinity with the Egyptian Thoth and
Hermes Trismegistus.
Simple Zoroastrianism is cosmic or monarchical dualism. The
Good Religion of Ahura Mazda maintains the world, which is a Good
creation of God.Through adherence to the Good Religion, through good deeds,
piety and righteousness, man cultivates the divine element in himself to
become a Good Man, friend and helper of the gods.Good is destined to overcome Evil at the end time. This is twelve thousand years from the creation of the world. At this time, Ahura Mazda will resurrect the dead for final Judgment by pure fire and molten iron.Man is an intrinsically Good creation destined for immortality in Paradise.
A virgin born savior called the Saoshyant will save humankind from evil with the elixir of salvation. This elixir will purge all deceit, evil and untruth.In this elixir of salvation, we can see the Philosophers' Stone, manna or dew. An early proto-Jesus also emerges from the amalgam of
Ahura Mazda's perfectly good son Spenta Mainyu and the virgin born savior, the Saoshyant.

The other sources which dealing with use of dew/salt method can be found in:

"THE SECRET BOOK" by Artephius (twelfth century)
Here is a small sample in which he describes the secret fire:

"For it is a living water which comes to moisten the earth, that it may spring out, and in its due season bring forth much fruit; for all things springing from the earth, are endued through dew and moisture. The earth therefore springeth not forth without watering and moisture; it is the water proceeding from May dew that cleanseth the body; and like rain it penetrates them, and makes one body of two bodies. This aqua vitae or water of life, being rightly ordered and disposed with the body, it whitens it, and converts or changes it into its white colour, for this water is a white vapour, and therefore the body is whitened with it. It behoves you therefore to whiten the body, and open its unfoldings, for between these two, that is between the body and the water, there is desire and friendship, like as between male and female, because of the propinquity and likeness of their natures."

From THE MARROW OF ALCHEMY by Eirenaeus Philalethes

"So big thy glass let be, as may contain,
Four times at least as much as you enclose,
For vacant space receives the dew and rain,
Which falling down the body doth dispose,
To die and rot, and after to revive,
And to be joined in union, not to strive."

”Alkymiens Mysterier” Merélle 1990

"The Hermetic Arcanum: The secret work of the hermetic philosophy
Wherein the secrets of nature and art concerning the matter of the philosophers' stone and the manner of working are explained in an authentic and orderly manner.
The work of an anonymous author, penes nos unda tagi."
(I found this text at the site called www.sacred-texts.com).

and of course the whole "Mutus Liber" proces.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Dew in the Bible   True, without error, certain and most true Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 3:48 am

David Hudson and Laurence Gardner had everyone believing that manna in the bible is code for white powder gold, but I think it's obvious that manna is referring to a substance made from dew.

The book of Exodus says that Moses was told to tell the wondering people that God would perform a miracle and rain "bread from heaven" for them to eat (Exodus 16:4). When the layer of morning dew evaporated the next day, everyone saw very fine and flaky powder covering the ground that was like frost. They called this "manna" because its Hebrew for "what is it?". So in the bible, we know Manna is actually a substance made from dew, and most likely this story in Exodus is not a literal explanation of what happened, but an alchemical symbolism.

Dew was a present necessity to the people of Israel as it is today to the people of the same lands, so Yahweh says, "I will be as the dew unto Israel" (Hos 14:5). Dew and rain are of equal importance and are spoken of together in 1 Ki 17:1. It was especially valued by the children of Israel in the desert, for it supplied the manna for their sustenance (Ex 16:13; Nu 11:9)

Isaac in blessing Jacob asked that the "dew of heaven" (Gen 27:28 may be granted to him; that these things which make for fertility and prosperity may be his portion. "The remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many peoples as dew from Yahweh" (Mic 5:7), as a means of blessing to the nations. "Blessed of Yahweh for .... dew" (Dt 33:13).

I also found this -- dew forms most heavily on good conductors of heat, such as metals and stones, because they radiate their heat faster and cool the air around them.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Dew in the Bible   True, without error, certain and most true Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 4:17 am

Dew is mentioned 35 times in the Bible, but here are the quotes I think are referring to alchemical symbolism:

Genesis 27:28
May God give you of heaven's dew and of earth's richness— an abundance of grain and new wine.

Genesis 27:39
His father Isaac answered him, "Your dwelling will be away from the earth's richness, away from the dew of heaven above."

Numbers 11:9
When the dew settled on the camp at night, the manna also came down.

Deuteronomy 33:13
About Joseph he said: "May the LORD bless his land with the precious dew from heaven above and with the deep waters that lie below;

Deuteronomy 33:28
So Israel will live in safety alone; Jacob's spring is secure in a land of grain and new wine, where the heavens drop dew.

Judges 6:37-38
look, I will place a wool fleece on the threshing floor. If there is dew only on the fleece and all the ground is dry, then I will know that you will save Israel by my hand, as you said."And that is what happened. Gideon rose early the next day; he squeezed the fleece and wrung out the dew—a bowlful of water.

Psalm 133:3
It is as if the dew of Hermon were falling on Mount Zion. For there the LORD bestows his blessing, even life forevermore.

Isaiah 26:19
But your dead will live; their bodies will rise. You who dwell in the dust, wake up and shout for joy. Your dew is like the dew of the morning; the earth will give birth to her dead.

Zechariah 8:12
"The seed will grow well, the vine will yield its fruit, the ground will produce its crops, and the heavens will drop their dew. I will give all these things as an inheritance to the remnant of this people.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: True, without error, certain and most true   True, without error, certain and most true Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 4:21 am

Oh man, all those quotes are from the New International Version of the Bible, so they took out the word Manna. I'm looking up manna and dew now in the older versions like King James. I didn't realize they redid the bible yet another time, loosing even more important alchemical symbolism in the process.

Here's a good example:

NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION
May God give you of heaven's dew and of earth's richness— an abundance of grain and new wine.

King James Version
Therefore God give thee of the dew of heaven, and the fatness of the earth, and plenty of corn and wine.

To people who don't understand this is a description of an alchemical process, it seems fine to replace the word "fatness" with "earth's riches". But we know that fatness of the earth is actually describing the earth in the alchemical process.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Dew in the Bible: King James Version   True, without error, certain and most true Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 4:38 am

KING JAMES VERSION

Therefore God give thee of the dew of heaven, and the fatness of the earth, and plenty of corn and wine:

Genesis 27:39
And Isaac his father answered and said unto him, Behold, thy dwelling shall be the fatness of the earth, and of the dew of heaven from above;

Exodus 16:13
And it came to pass, that at even the quails came up, and covered the camp: and in the morning the dew lay round about the host.

Exodus 16:14
And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of the wilderness there lay a small round thing, as small as the hoar frost on the ground.

Numbers 11:9
And when the dew fell upon the camp in the night, the manna fell upon it.

Deuteronomy 32:2
My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:

Deuteronomy 33:13
And of Joseph he said, Blessed of the LORD be his land, for the precious things of heaven, for the dew, and for the deep that coucheth beneath,

Deuteronomy 33:28
Israel then shall dwell in safety alone: the fountain of Jacob shall be upon a land of corn and wine; also his heavens shall drop down dew.

Judges 6:37
Behold, I will put a fleece of wool in the floor; and if the dew be on the fleece only, and it be dry upon all the earth beside, then shall I know that thou wilt save Israel by mine hand, as thou hast said.

Judges 6:38
And it was so: for he rose up early on the morrow, and thrust the fleece together, and wringed the dew out of the fleece, a bowl full of water.

Psalm 110:3
Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

Psalm 133:3
As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.

Isaiah 26:19
Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

Zechariah 8:12
For the seed shall be prosperous; the vine shall give her fruit, and the ground shall give her increase, and the heavens shall give their dew; and I will cause the remnant of this people to possess all these things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True, without error, certain and most true   True, without error, certain and most true Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 12:40 pm

I believe now we can certainly say that dew has a long tradition in the alchemy and it is strange only to the people who are blind to see.After all this nonsense in the mainstream alchemy about the use of acids,corrosives even radiation we end up with the harmless dew and seasalt.What a irony... Very Happy
Keep up the good work and continue in the same manner as before.I cant wait till your next book comes out.bounce

Until then Namaste.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True, without error, certain and most true   True, without error, certain and most true Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 1:11 pm

The music for the alchemists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Eba5xrhIPc
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: True, without error, certain and most true   True, without error, certain and most true Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 4:22 pm

Dejan, the use of acids and corrosives is not "nonsense". You can indeed make the Philosopher's Stone using acid, but you can't make the true Elixir of Life from that. Since most people assume the tincture made from the Philosopher's Stone is the elixir, they happily assume they have found what they were looking for.

The most famous example of this kind of mistake is in the Roger Caro work with cinnabar. Although the end stone can transmute metals to gold, the true elixir of life can't be produced from any Philosopher's Stone, because it will not have the astral fire.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True, without error, certain and most true   True, without error, certain and most true Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 6:30 pm

I am sorry i didnt want to insult anyone Embarassed .I've been too much mislead in the past especially about "secret fire" so i am kind sensitive at that point. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True, without error, certain and most true   True, without error, certain and most true Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:00 pm

I found highly interesting organization about modern dew collecting.The organization is called "International Organization For Dew Utilization" and their main goal is to provide the drinking water from dew collecting.On their website are many examples of modern and ancient dew collecting techniques together with photos and videos.Highly recomended!!!

Link to the website:

http://www.opur.u-bordeaux.fr
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True, without error, certain and most true   True, without error, certain and most true Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 12:33 pm

Another interesting information about the relationship between the may dew and the oak tree from the English Folklore.

Source: English Folklore. A Dictionary of English Folklore. Copyright ©️ 2000, 2003 by Oxford University Press

There is a widespread belief, in Britain and abroad, that dew gathered on May Day morning is particularly good for the complexion, and countless people have acted on this knowledge over the last 500 years. Samuel Pepys's wife Elizabeth clearly believed that any time in May would do, as he records her going out on 28 May 1667, and 10 May 1669. In some areas there were extra stipulations: dew gathered under oak trees or off hawthorn bushes being specially good. May dew was also believed to be particularly effective for certain complaints, first mentioned in 1602 for sore eyes and in Launceston, ‘poor people say that a swelling in the neck may be cured by the patient, if a woman, going before sunrise on the first of May, to the grave of the young man last buried in the churchyard, collecting there from the dew by passing the hand three times from the head to the foot of the grave, and applying the dew to the part affected. If the patient be a man, the grave chosen must be that of the last young woman buried in the churchyard’ (N&Q 1s:2 (1850), 474-5). Other ailments such as consumption and weak joints and muscles could also be treated with May dew, or even with May rain.
Back to top Go down
trueKabbalist

Male
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: True, without error, certain and most true   True, without error, certain and most true Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 11:14 pm

I feel I must say this, not to discredit your study, but as complement. I have studied the Bible since I was very young and have a reasonable grasp of the Hebrew original. Having been raised in the practice Judaism with a very clear understanding of Christianity as well, I can tell you with a fair amount of certainty that in order to accurately understand the Bible one must not only go to the original language, but be well aquainted with the original sociological and psycholinguistic contexts as well. To rely on an English translation for critical or exigetical work on the text puts one at the mercy of the biases and limitations of the translator. When one reads the King James (an excellent translation though it is) one is inevitably subject to the biases of English Christianity of the early seventeenth centruy. Namely, a Christianity that was so firmly dismembered from its Judaic roots that it beared very little if any semblance to what "Christianity" was originally intended to be.

Now, I don't usually like to offer insights into the deeper aspects of my faith unless I know that it is desired. That said, if any of you are willing, and with Nicholas' permission, I would be happy to delve into the original Hebrew text of the Bible to see what I can find. It may take some time, but I'm pretty sure I'm up to the task. And I'd be happy to provide all the information I can on Jewish Alchemy, esspecially its connection with Kabbalah, as well. Just say the word.

(By the way, this enters into a very theoretical area, and as this particular thread is, at least as far as i understand, fucused on the practical aspects of Alchemy, I'm not sure where the proper location for it would be...)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True, without error, certain and most true   True, without error, certain and most true Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:36 am

Your are welcomed here trueKabbalist cheers .I am aware of mistranslations in the christian bible but that is the best what i can do know at the moment.I would love to read original hebrew texts without misconception from varios translators.I would also love to know is there any mention of dew/salt method in Zohar and Talmud(Egyptian and Babylonian version) but the 10,000 pages:shock: are killing my curiosity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True, without error, certain and most true   True, without error, certain and most true Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 1:45 pm

I have decided to put here the whole information about the dew method from Encyclopaedia Britannica found by the users of this forum "bhur'noh" and "trueKabbalist".The information below deals with contraversial subject:
Does the dew ascend from the earth in form of vapours or does it descent to earth from the heavens?The debate is open!

Source: Encyclopaedia Britannica; or, A dictionary of arts, sciences, and miscellaneous literature, enlarged and improved (1823)

DEW, a dense, moist vapour, found on the earth in spring and summer mornings, in form of a mialing rain, being collected there chiefly while the sun is below the horizon.

It hath been disputed whether the dew is formed from the vapours ascending from the earth during the night time, or from the descent of such as have been already raised through the day. The most remarkable experiments adduced in favour of the first hypothesis are those of Dr Dufay of the Royal Academy of Sciences, at Paris. He supposed, that if the dew ascended it must wet a body placed low down sooner than one placed in a higher situation ; and if a number of bodies were placed in this manner, the lowermost would be wetted first ; and the rest in like manner, gradually up to the top.

To determine this, he placed two ladders against one another, meeting at their tops, spreading wide asunder at the bottom, and so tall as to reach 32 feet high. To the several steps of these he fastened large squares of glass like the panes of windows, placing then) in .such a manner that they should not overshade one another. On the trial it appeared exactly as Dr Dulay had apprehended. The lower surface of the lowest piece of glass was first wetted, then the upper, then the lower surface of the pane next above it ; and so on, till all the pieces were wetted to the top. Hence it appeared plain to him, that the dew consisted of the vapours ascending from the earth during the nighttime ; which, being condensed by the coldness of the atmosphere, are prevented from being dissipated аз in —' the day-time by the sun's beat. He afterwards tried a similar experiment with pieces of cloth instead of panes of glass, and the result was quite conformable to bis expectations. He weighed all the pieces of cloth next morning, in order to know what quantity of water each liad imbibed, and found those that had been placed lowermost considerably heavier than such as had been placed at the top ; though he owns that this experiment did not succeed so perfectly as the former.
M. Muschenbroek, who embraced the contrary opinion, thought he had invalidated all Dr Dufay's proofs, by repeating his experiments, with the same success, on a plane covered with sheet-lead. But to this Dr Dufay replied, that there was no occasion for supposing the vapour to lise through the lead, nor from that vегу spot ; but that as it arose from the adjoining open ground, the continual fluctuation of the air could not but spread it abroad, and carry it thither in its ascent.

But though this experiment of M. Muschenbroek'e is not sufficient to overthrow those of Dr Dufay, it must still remain dubious whether the dew rises or tails. One thing which seems to favour the hypothesis of its descent is, that in cloudy weather there is little or no dew to be observed, From this M. de Luc brings an argument in favour of the hypothesis just now mentioned. He accounts for it in the following manner : When there are no clouds in the air, the heat of the inferior air and that which rises from the earth dissipates itself into the superior regions ; and then the vapours which are dispersed throughout the air condense, and fall down in dew : But, when the clouds continue, they separate the inferior from the superior part of the atmosphere, and thus prevent the dissipation of the beat, by which means the vapours remain suspended. When the sky grows cloudy, some hours after sunset, although the heat has been sensibly diminished, it is »gain increased ; because continuing to rise out of the earth, it is accumulated in the inferior air. But neither can this be reckoned a positive proof of the descent of the dew ; since we may as well suppose the heat of the atmosphere to be great enough to dissipate it in its ascent, as to keep it suspended after its ascent through the day.

On the other hand, its being found in greater quantities on bodies placed low down than on such as are high up, is no proof of the ascent of the dew ; because the same thing is observed of rain. A body placed low down receives more rain than one placed in an elevated situation ; and yet the rain certainly descends from the atmosphere. The reason why the dew appears first on the lower parts of bodies may be, that, in the evening, the lower part of the atmosphere is first cooled, and consequently most disposed to part with its vapours. It is also certain, that part of the water contained in the air may be condensed at any time on the sides of a glass, by means of cold, so as to run down its sides in small drops like dew. It seems therefore, that this subject is not sufficiently determined by euch experiments as have yet been made ; nor indeed does it appear easy to make such experiments as shall be perfectly decisive on the matter.

Several substances exposed to the same dew receive and charge themselves with it in a very different manпег ; some more, others less, and some even not at all. The drops seem to make a sort of choice of what bodies they shall affix themselves to ; glass and crystals are those to which they adhere in the most ready manner, and in the largest quantity, but metals of all kinds never receive them at all, nor do the drops ever adhere to them. The reason of this is, probably, because metals promote evaporation more than glass does. Thus, if a piece of metal and a piece of glass are both made equally moist, the former will be found to dry in much less time than the latter. Hence it would seem, that there is between metals and water some kind of repulsion ; and this may be sufficient to keep off the very small quantity that falls in dew ; for whatever tends to make water evaporate after it is actually in contact with any substance, also tends to keep the water from ever coming into contact with it. On this subject several curious particulars are mentioned by Dr Per- eival relative to the attraction and repulsion between dew and glass or metalline vessels. The experiments were made by M. Dufay, who, in order to determine with certainty whether the difference between vitrified substances and metals was the same in all cases, set a china saucer in the middle of a silver plate, and on one side, adjoining to it, was placed a china plate, with a silver dish very much resembling the saucer in the middle. In this experiment the china saucer was covered with dew, but the plate, through extending four inches round it, was not moistened in the least. The china plate also had become quite moist, while the silver vessel in the middle had not received the smallest drop. M. Dufay next endeavoured to ascertain whether a china saucer set upon a plate of metal, as already described, did not receive more-dew than it would have done if exposed alone. To accomplish this design, he took two watch crystals of equal dimensions, and placed the one upon a plate of silver, the other upon a plate of china, each with its concavity uppermost. That which was upon the silver plate he surrounded with a ferrel of the same metal, well polished, that no watery particles might attach themselves to the convex surface of the glass. In this situation he exposed the crystals for several days successively, and always found live or six times more dew in that which was on the china plate than on the other placed on the silver. The repulsion between the dew and silver is further confirmed by the following experiment of M. Dufay, with regard to the crystal on the silver plate. He informs us, that the small quantity of dew on the side near the centre, was in minute drops ; and that round the border there was л space of five or six lines perfectly dry ; towards which the drops regularly decreased in magnitude, as if the silver ferrel had driven away the dew from that part of the glass which was contiguous to it. These experiments were repeated thirty times with invariable success. M. Dufay's experiments have received a remarkable confirmation, from some lately made by Dr Watson, now bishop of Llandaff, with a view to determine the quantity of vapour that ascsnds from a given surface of earth. " By means of a little beeswax (says he), I fastened a half-crown very near, but not quite contiguous, to the side of the glass ; and, setting the glass with its mouth downward on the grass, it presently became covered with vapour, except that part of it which was next the half-crown. Not only the half-crown itself wat free from vapour, but it had 'hindered any from settling on tlie glass which was near if, for there was a little ring of glass surrounding the half-crown, to the distance of a quarter of an inch, which was quite dry, as well as that part of the glass which ivas immediately under the half-crown ; it seemed as if the silver had repelled the water to that distance. A large red wafer had the eame effect as the half-crown; it was neither wetted itself, nor was the ring of glass contiguous to it wetted. A circle of white paper produced the same effect, so did several other substance«, which it would be too tedious to enumerate."

Substances of a very different kind from the usual dew are said to have sometimes fallen from the atmosphere. In the Phil. Trans. we are told, that in the year 1695 there fell in Ireland, in the provinces of Jjeinster and Munster, for a considerable part of the winter and spring, a fatty substance resembling butter, instead of the common dew. It was of a clammy texture, and dark-yellow colour -, and was, from its great resemblance, generally called dew-butter by the country people. It always fell in the night, and chiefly in the moorish low grounds ; and was found hanging on the tops of the grass, and en the thatch of the houses of the poor people. It was seldom observed to fall twice in the same place; and usually, wherever it fell, it lay u fortnight upon the ground before it changed colour ; but after that it gradually dried up, and became black. The cattle fed in the fields where it lay as veil as in others, and received no harm by it. It fell in pieces of the bigness of one's finger-end ; but they were dispersed scatteringly about, and it had an offensive smell like a churchyard. There were in the same places very stinking fogs during the winter, :and some people supposed this no other than a sediment from the fog. It would not keep very long, but never bred worms.

May-Dew whitens linen and wax ; the dew of autumn is converted into a white frost. Out of dew putrifled by the sun, arise divers insects, which change apace from one species into another ; what remains is converted into a fine white salt, with angles like those of saltpetre, after a number of evaporations, calcinations, und fixations.

There is a spirit drawn from May-dew, which has wonderful virtues attributed to it. The method of collecting and preparing it, is described by Hanneman, physician at Kiel. It is to be gathered in clean linen clothe ; exposed to the sun in close vials ; then distilled, and the spirit thrown upon the caput mortuum; this is to be repeated till the earth unite with the spirit, and become liquid ; which happens about the seventh or eighth cohobation or distillation. By such means you gain a very red, odoriferous spirit. Stolterfobt, a physician of Lubec, thinks May-dew may he gathered in glass-plates, especially in still weather, and before sunrise; and Etmuller is of the same sentiment. It might likewise be collected with a glass funnel, exposed to the air, having a crooked neck to bring the deiv into a vial in a chamber. See Phil. Trans. № 3. Hoffman, and others. It is apparently from the preparation of this dew, that the brothers of the Rosy-Cross took their denomination. See Rosicrucians.

Don't be lazy. study
Back to top Go down
trueKabbalist

Male
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: True, without error, certain and most true   True, without error, certain and most true Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:07 pm

Very well, then. I'm off to studies. study
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True, without error, certain and most true   True, without error, certain and most true Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 10:02 pm

Today on the rexresearch.com site i found a "script" for the movie Shocked "THE ALCHEMISTS" written by ROBERT A. NELSON.What staggered me the most about this script was the accurately described properties,preparations,paths(wet and dry) and ingredients of the philosopher's stone.The author claims also that all this is based on a true story.

In the first scene two monks in the meadow under the full moon gather the dew from the linen clothes and one monk speaks to the other:

"Be careful, Karl!, if it touches the earth, the potency will be lost!"

Later the monks are preparing the ingredients for the great work in folowing manner:

"Frederick and Karl are seated at the table. Frederick is grinding sulfur with a mortar and pestle.A retort sits on a tripod over a coal fire in the fireplace.Yellow oil drips into a flask receiver, attached with clay and strips of cloth.Frederick is seated on a stool at the fireplace, stirring a white powder in a crucible. Smoke billows, and they run outside, coughing.Too much niter, too fast! Make haste slowly, Karl!"

"The flask has been sealed, and sits in a pan filled with sand. Frederick sets it atop a bed of coals.A few weeks later: the contents of the flask are black, and it has a pale violet glow about it. Karl sits at the table,writing by the light of a candle. Frederick is asleep on his cot.Frederick sits watching the flask. The compound now is white.He adds a coal to the fire, and pumps the bellows slowly.The compound goes through every color and in the end the compound has turned dark red: the Philosophers' Stone."

Later the story goes on when one of the monks instructs his pupil:

"...And that is the arcanum of salt.And likewise for mercury. They are symbols. We do not use those substances to prepare the Elixir.In fact, I seldom use common mercury, except to make gold from it."

(Pupil asks the monk)
"If mercury is not the matter of the Philosophers’ Stone, then pray tell, what is?"

(The Monk answers)
"Ahh... That is the greatest secret of alchemy. But I promised to teach you, so I will tell you now. It has been called by every name, but the proper term is Gur.
Gur is a mysterious sulfurous vapor, exhaled by the earth. It is the astral stuff from which all the metals take their forms.I suppose I shall have to show you."

The monk and his pupil are walking through a snow-covered field under the full moon. They are warmly dressed and carrying baskets. Frederick sets his down and points to a large, clear gelatinous blob that sits on top of the snow.

"That is Gur. In the winter it can be found thus, on top of snow. In other seasons, we collect dew before dawn, before it touches the earth. This is the universal spirit, our virgin water."

Then by the preparation of the the Philosophers' Stone the monk reveals his knowledge about dry path:

"
...I prefer the short Dry Path for the Great Work, but the Wet Way is very beautiful to watch, if you have the time. (beat) It takes a year to complete, and much equipment and material. But this dry way can be done in one week, in one crucible, with a few minerals and salts. It is a great secret, known to only a few masters."

(Pupil asks the monk)
"But gur is watery, master Frederick. Is this then the wet path we are following here?"

(The Monk answers)
"Yes, Francis. I am not going to make this too easy for you. Make haste slowly. You need know how to use the Stone wisely, if you are to survive it. To sell the gold can be a problem."

In the end the pupil murders his master after it has received the secret of secrets from him and the last ingredient is revealed with these words:

"And so, by the Grace of God, I made the Philosophers’ Stone, with arsenic and gur, as I have explained. And now, I have told you enough, if only you will
understand."

The end.

These "recipe" for the philosopher's stone has some resemblance with Sergios letters from the "The Glowing White Philosophical Mercury" topic, especially about the use of arsenic in the proces.I hope that Nick still reades my thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: True, without error, certain and most true   True, without error, certain and most true Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:36 pm

wow.thanks,for that one ,,this script was pretty good,now i was stunt when they are talking about the (gur) wow they say they collected that substance on the snow under the full moon,,i wanted to know what i could do here in canada under 2 feet of snow as far as collecting dew?now i dont know about this gur,and i dont know if some of you know about it,if anyone as advice they are welcome,as for me the next full moon i will be out there try to find some of Gur,,,thanks again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: True, without error, certain and most true   True, without error, certain and most true Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

True, without error, certain and most true
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next