The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dew & Thunderstorm rain

Go down 
+5
alexbr
bonifaesh
yeshua
NDC
kevinpaw123
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kirk

Kirk

Male
Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-03-10

Dew & Thunderstorm rain - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dew & Thunderstorm rain   Dew & Thunderstorm rain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:47 pm

Hi Philip,
I think getting to the dark stage is significant, as it seems to indicate the stage of death. My jug of Thunder, seems
to be quite clear still after a month. My 2 isolated jars immediately became a 'steeped' colour, I believe due to the
peices of Oak, it has not really gotten dark yet.
As for green and yellow stuff, I'm thinking it may be a type of mossey algae beginning to grow, feeding off the
nutrients within the aging solution. But what about these, 'floating fish eye', appearences. These I can't quite imagine.
If someone could post a picture, it would be a great piece of reference.

Anyhow, best of luck with your endeavour

Kirk

Back to top Go down
phillip_reed

phillip_reed

Male
Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Dew & Thunderstorm rain   Dew & Thunderstorm rain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 7:18 am

hello everyone,
i have another photo to show you in regards to the dew collection from the start of christmas time but only stored in this barrel mid last month. i know i posted something before about me doing this( the pouring of the dew into the barrel but this is what it looks like after this time but while posting this i'll have to go and checked that date to see exactly how long and it is the 21st of june last month, but anyways, this photo is of the white bulbs growth on the dew water while in the barrel, seems to be coming along very well if this is the correct white cloudy mass. in the photo you can see a slight colourful reflection to the film at the bottom of the photo due to the angle i took the picture at. the flash seems to have been strong enough to shine to the bottom almost but my torch wasn't able to find the bottom of the large barrel. this is an almost half full half of a 500 liter wine barrel.

Dew & Thunderstorm rain - Page 2 S8004555

should i get excited? on my photobucket site i have another photo slight angle change if you's are interested. but i thought this one the best one of the two instead of showing both here. from my photo in the 21st of june post you will find the bench this is sitting on and how it is being kept. out of the way of little fingers! which tend to like putting rocks and sand into the barrels and i'm having to re-start thankfully it's now on a bench 1200ml up off the ground and i can fill this barrel to my hearts content, i'm going to start soon the re-collection of my dew and storing again into the bottles so when this barrel full is ready to process i'll have another lot of dew boiled down to go straight into the barrel for round two. the ready dew will go into bottles as well and be processed one bottle at a time and then slowly gathered into smaller containers until i have a jar or two of the dew salt, slowly but surely getting to the next step but in large amount of product at each stage so as i can try things on the way for breathing space if i stuff up something. if one tablespoon of dew salt comes from 2-3 liters of ready dew what should 200 liters approx bring, 6 Liters of dew salt but it will be dried so i'll see what i have if any at that stage and not count my chickens before they hatch, if i work on 30 ml a tablespoon/per 2-3 liters ratio. i will have faith that i can at least get some dew salt out of this collection, it's been a long time coming Smile

this has only had 20 days but close enough to Nick description for method 3 dew.

phillip afro
Back to top Go down
https://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz48/Avatar1979/dew%20alchemy
phillip_reed

phillip_reed

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dew & Thunderstorm rain   Dew & Thunderstorm rain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 7:52 am

hey everyone,
i uploaded some more pictures to my photobucket account of the collected dew from my dew barrel after 3 weeks from putting it in. on my photobucket account i like to add details in the captions so that i can keep an album of my work from a - z. the first photo is for the particles floating in the dew there is a lot of white massy clouds almost a third.
Dew & Thunderstorm rain - Page 2 S8004573
This is the same jar but i tried to get a whole jar picture of the massy stuff settling around on the top and bottom of the jar but later on it did all settle to the bottom.
Dew & Thunderstorm rain - Page 2 S8004568
the last picture of the day is with the flash on so the water looks a different colour to the other pictures but it's of the same jar, i had to take this photo because it has the same white top that the rain water pic had that i took a few days ago.
i hope that my distilling the rain water doesn't take too much longer to distill it's been a few days now and i've been trying to keep the temp below 70'c over the whole time its currently under half left. this is so that i can try this collected amount of dew water and distill it.
Dew & Thunderstorm rain - Page 2 S8004561

phillip

p.s. the rain water that i have distilling now has so much shiny material in it it's like a wax vocano bottle with glitter in it floating around forever. it is so awesome to watch while it is being distilled time will tell if the dew water i have in these photo's here when it is being distill if it does the ssame thing. and the dew water is like gelatin water.

Back to top Go down
phillip_reed

phillip_reed

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dew & Thunderstorm rain   Dew & Thunderstorm rain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 4:45 am

today i finely got a powder from the one liter of rain water after i distilled it down and then i gentlely powdered the bottom part. this is the powder i got from the one liter. the container is a specimen container from a doctor's office, so i probably have a level teaspoon of rain powder. in the picture the powder came out as a cement with a tinge of red but the powder looks like a white with a very slight cream. i think the red came from the top lid when the flash went off on the camera.
Dew & Thunderstorm rain - Page 2 S8004599
this is the picture of the rain water coming down to a flux, i could see the flux a very fine shiny cluster like an oyster shell. but i'm not sure it came out in the picture. you just see a sparkle on the left hand side of the liquid. but from one liter down to about 5ml maybe being generous, it formed a flux on the top so i'll have to do more distilling of rain water and keep collect the powder and distilled water parts until i think i have enough powder to then add together and digest for a few days.
Dew & Thunderstorm rain - Page 2 S8004592

phillip
Back to top Go down
phillip_reed

phillip_reed

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dew & Thunderstorm rain   Dew & Thunderstorm rain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 12:40 am

hello everyone,
just an update on my progress, i by accident burnt 2 liters worth of dew salt today, i stepped away for just a moment and 2 weeks work down the drain, one thing that is good, i have a liters worth of rain powder stored, and i have another liter of dew in the distillation unit, i have no need to worry due to the fact i have a barrel full of the white cloudy mass filled dew water. i bought a furnace this morning so it will be here in a few weeks and i hopefully have something ready by the time it gets here, cross my fingers. i will be keen to see the furnace working. i intention is to slowly collect the powder of each, rain and dew, and have a liter of distilled water stored and then i'll saturate that liter with it's powder until it can't take anymore powder, then it be digested and processed. the powder makes the flux and so by adding alot of powder to the water i should then get alot of flux / crystals? that comes out of that while in the fridge.

phillip
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Dew & Thunderstorm rain   Dew & Thunderstorm rain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:42 am

Yeah!
That's the way, like a war-machine.
Let's cross fingers, legs, nostrils and... Laughing
I'm doing the same.

Sometimes mistakes can reveal us new perspectives or possibilities.
Or you caput is totally What a Face...?

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
phillip_reed

phillip_reed

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dew & Thunderstorm rain   Dew & Thunderstorm rain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:54 am

the dew water was only 25mls and below from distilling 2 liters so it was showing very good signs and i burnt the powder. the hard part is that i had done the hard yards yesterday getting it down to that, but i left the small bit until today so that i could deal with it probably. looking back though i should have just dried it yesterday when i was thinking straight. and to say all of this since i still have alot of dew in the barrel that water is looking even better again so i might do alright anyways. i was looking inside the barrel this afternoon and there was a shiny oil like something on top of were the "jelly fish" was sitting along the top of the water. thats what the top white clouds are looking like it was all sitting on the top and now some of it is starting to fall slowly into the water making the appearance of "jelly fish"

Laughing
phillip

p.s. happy birthday Kevinpaw123
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Dew & Thunderstorm rain   Dew & Thunderstorm rain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:58 pm

Thanks Phil Smile
Back to top Go down
phillip_reed

phillip_reed

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dew & Thunderstorm rain   Dew & Thunderstorm rain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 4:08 am

hello everyone,
my furnace is being shipped today from the uk, hope to see it soon, it's the r9-d model from technicalsupermarket.com in the uk after i did the survey i got a 5% discount and they changed the layout that was one of my suggestions because i found it difficult to buy from them. the day after my suggestion, i could put what ever i wanted into the "add to cart". i'm very happy

phillip

p.s. the lemon balm is shooting in my plant pot very good so that project is starting well too.
Back to top Go down
phillip_reed

phillip_reed

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dew & Thunderstorm rain   Dew & Thunderstorm rain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 8:22 pm

Hey Nick,
Just curious, what would happen if i just boiled the brown dew water down to super-saturation of a fair bit of dew at once in a large beaker? having already 1 liter of distilled water from the process and i've kept it aside. i could just scoop the top flux off the dew and add a small bit of water to that and digest it, because the flux seems to appear everytime i boil down the dew. You had mentioned also something previously as to whether you can just add bought distilled water to this flux? which could get away from bacteria in the other water, e. coli etc, which causes vomiting and/or diarrhea.

it would be an honour to hear from you.
Phillip reed
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Dew & Thunderstorm rain   Dew & Thunderstorm rain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 7:36 am

Hi Phillip,
In the meantime...
Ruesenstein did it! (pag110 tincture made from the ph. water or may dew)
I think that extreme but delicate evaporation (not boiling at all) can manifest strong results.
In other paths of this book the suggestion were, more or less:
- evaporate the dew a little (e.g. 1/4)
- evaporate the thunder water the half
- evaporate rain of the 3/4 al least

But in this case Ruesenstein... "...didn't follow any instructions; I made it up myself"...

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
phillip_reed

phillip_reed

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dew & Thunderstorm rain   Dew & Thunderstorm rain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:46 am

Thanks Zosimo,
I'll relook into the ruesenstein path.
I just got the furnace today, it looks pretty good Very Happy

phillip
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Dew & Thunderstorm rain   Dew & Thunderstorm rain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 3:14 am

I took a look at their website and I found that they raised the price of the R-9 Digital Control Kiln to $370 USD and also completely changed the digital controller to be mounted inside the unit, under the heating compartment which is probably a terrible idea since the electrical components in that unit will probably overheat if it's left on for an hour. Mine is a totally separate unit that I can keep away from the monstrous volcano-like heat of the furnace so it doesn't get damaged.

They also changed the top completely, so it's now a big square lid instead. I personally like the little circular lid instead, but I guess the big giant lid makes it seem more professional.

As for the questions on evaporations of dew, all I can say is to follow the instructions in my book exactly and don't change anything. I don't think a single member of this forum has followed my instructions as I have them in the book, and not surprising, nobody has had any success in making the Stone correctly. Everyone seems to keep deviating from the path and inventing new ways to do every little step, until it's nothing at all like the original instructions I wrote in the book. That's probably a strong indication that nobody seems to understand and/or believe that I've had success with the instructions I wrote in the book and that's why I wrote down the process exactly as I performed it myself in chapter 3 of the dew section. The photos in the next edition I'm sure will convince every member here that I did indeed do the process, yet ironically photos prove absolutely nothing, unless you are photographing a part of the process not explained in the steps, so only someone who did the process themselves would know that. But I think the instructions themselves are better proof that I did the work myself, because how would I know all those little tricks of how to do it right? I guess most people just assume I read it in some alchemy book. Whatever....
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
Kirk

Kirk

Male
Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Dew & Thunderstorm rain   Dew & Thunderstorm rain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 10:25 pm

This is a follow-up post regarding Thunder water collected during a heavy Electrical Storm in 2010, back on pg.2, of this thread you can find reference to the topic.

Well, I was down in the basement and realized I still had the jar sitting and putrefying.
[img]Dew & Thunderstorm rain - Page 2 Photo2-5[/img]
I filtered it
[img]Dew & Thunderstorm rain - Page 2 Photo-34[/img]
used my home style pale set-up
[img]Dew & Thunderstorm rain - Page 2 Photo1-6[/img]
Captured the Spirit

Then took the Phlem out until down to a final dry dead body
[img]Dew & Thunderstorm rain - Page 2 Photo-35[/img]
I was hoping to find a reddish salt but as one can see it is almost black but the familar sweet smell is there, going to revisit Nicks' book and see where I could take it next.

king
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Dew & Thunderstorm rain   Dew & Thunderstorm rain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 12:16 am

Kirk,

I like the way you are able to improvise! The tea pot makes for a rather interesting/practical alembic. looks like a nice receiver. Keep plugging away at it. I think you will be able to get salt.
God bless!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dew & Thunderstorm rain   Dew & Thunderstorm rain - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dew & Thunderstorm rain
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lost Academy :: Alchemy :: Practical Alchemy-
Jump to: