The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My latest GW attempt

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

My latest GW attempt Empty
PostSubject: My latest GW attempt   My latest GW attempt Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 10:18 pm

OK, since it is so difficult to post pictures here I am going to describe the outcome.

I sealed my crucibles with regular cement, and it failed due to the fact that NOW I know that I needed to used refractory cement.

However it was not a complete failure:

Even though the gold melted, I got some black ash, and inside my ceramic crucible, I got this ruby red glaze stuck on the bottom of the crucible along with some of the gold that did not convert.

It looks promising that beautiful red glaze, I am going to see if I can scrape it off, its very hard though.
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: My latest GW attempt   My latest GW attempt Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 10:28 pm

If you open an account at photobucket.com it will be very easy to post your photos! That's what I use...and best of all it's free! That sounds awesome that you may have gotten some to convert to the red stone!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: ok here is my contribution to make thing easier   My latest GW attempt Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 11:18 pm

My latest GW attempt DSC08906

I found a clever way to seal a crucible, I used to do this for the moses process, with investment powder on my electric burn out furnace and it worked. However investment powder is expensive, I thought that kevin was refering to regular cement when said he used cement. But it quickly broke apart under the quick firing of the furnace.

Here is an example pics of my sealed crucible pics, this should make it easier for everyone!

The following is the bottom view.

I am thinking of order more investment powder because it can handle up to 2000 degrees but its expensive., and so is the refractory cement. Decisions, decisions.... Good Luck to all!My latest GW attempt DSC08907
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Sealed Crucible Flask Method   My latest GW attempt Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 11:19 pm

OK, I forgot to mention that you will need a Casting Flask, there are many sizes, and pretty cheap at the jewelers supply store.

And of course the cement or the investment powder.
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male

PostSubject: Re: My latest GW attempt   My latest GW attempt Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 11:32 pm

"I thought that kevin was refering to regular cement when said he used cement. But it quickly broke apart under the quick firing of the furnace." I was but mine didn't break apart although it most certainly aloud out-gassing to occure. I only learned after, that was when I posted the photos of the refractory cement...sorry for the poor advice pale
Back to top Go down
goatz

goatz

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: My latest GW attempt   My latest GW attempt Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 9:19 am

You are using a lot of material for one burn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: No need to apologize   My latest GW attempt Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 9:52 am

kevinpaw123 wrote:
"I thought that kevin was refering to regular cement when said he used cement. But it quickly broke apart under the quick firing of the furnace." I was but mine didn't break apart although it most certainly aloud out-gassing to occure. I only learned after, that was when I posted the photos of the refractory cement...sorry for the poor advice pale

Its all trial and error, but we come closer day by day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Material   My latest GW attempt Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 9:53 am

goatz wrote:
You are using a lot of material for one burn.

yes, but to me its the only way I have been able to completely seal the crucible and get the ashes.

IMO, it will be excellent to make the stone of the first order especially with our quick firing furance.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: My latest GW attempt   My latest GW attempt Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 6:07 am

If the red glaze was the correct Philosopher's Stone it would be water soluble, so you won't needed to scrape it out.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com

PostSubject: Re: My latest GW attempt   My latest GW attempt Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:30 am

Nick,

Are you absolutely %100 positive that the stone is always water soluble? I'm just wondering because remember those pretty little rubies I made from GW when we first started the old forum? They weren't water soluble but they still transformed bismuth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Im destined to find the stone   My latest GW attempt Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 10:34 am

Well if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

Its all over the stars.... Al will find the stone.
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male

PostSubject: Re: My latest GW attempt   My latest GW attempt Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 9:38 pm

word2give wrote:
Well if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

Its all over the stars.... Al will find the stone.

Amen to that brother!
God bless all and their work!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: New GW project   My latest GW attempt Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 1:16 pm

After adding lime to putrfied GW, then seperating the oil on top, two or 3 times, afterwards,
seperated the GW from the lime residue added fresh lime, (washing process) got more oilon top repeated the process, several times until no more oil.

Then I seperated the GW added it to the seperated oil, distilled and this is what I gotMy latest GW attempt DSC08922My latest GW attempt DSC08923
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: My latest GW attempt   My latest GW attempt Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 1:03 pm

Field wrote:
Nick,

Are you absolutely %100 positive that the stone is always water soluble? I'm just wondering because remember those pretty little rubies I made from GW when we first started the old forum? They weren't water soluble but they still transformed bismuth.

Crystals from golden water can't change bismuth to gold. Only the stone made from gold can transmute a metal to gold.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My latest GW attempt   My latest GW attempt Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 1:49 pm

Nick,

I tend to agree with you on this at least to a certain extent in that i think a stone that has gold incorporated into it will be a lot more facilitative in transmutations.
That having been said, I think that the first gold formed in the absence of gold, and it is possible too that gold is contained in every single element as a certain partition.
I think that every element is made of a mixture of every other element but let me not digress. My question is, do you think that gold contained in the body would be
enough to be present in the GW? For example, if one were to consume an elixir containing gold then presumably their GW would also be containing gold. If this were true
it may be advantageous.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: My latest GW attempt   My latest GW attempt Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 12:04 am

No, drinking colloidal gold will not make the alkahest salt acquire the ability to transmute lead to gold because it's still NOT the stone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My latest GW attempt   My latest GW attempt Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 4:17 pm

I didn't say colloidal gold I said an elixir containing gold for example the actum leyden alkahest with gold dissolved in it
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: My latest GW attempt   My latest GW attempt Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 7:14 pm

No I also don't believe drinking the elixir of gold will give the stone made from golden water the automatic ability to change lead to gold. Why would it? The alkahest salt is still just that -- and alkahest, not a finished stone. Trace amounts of the stone in your system won't be excreted in waste anyway -- it builds up in your body and stays there, probably leaving with your astral body when you die or "Ascend" I should say since alchemists don't actually die in the same way normal people do.

But this is just my belief and I could be wrong of course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My latest GW attempt   My latest GW attempt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My latest GW attempt
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lost Academy :: Alchemy :: Practical Alchemy-
Jump to: