The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Week1 Day2 (brown precipitate)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Week1 Day2 (brown precipitate) Empty
PostSubject: Week1 Day2 (brown precipitate)   Week1 Day2 (brown precipitate) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:53 pm

Hello all, I have come to a point early in my process where i am seeing a brown colored precipitate already in the bottom of the container. Is that something anyone else has seen? I have collected the dew water and grinded the salts personnally as well as focused my own intentions on my process and that is what happened. Any thoughts are welcomed.

Jamar
Back to top Go down
Wilfried

Wilfried

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Week1 Day2 (brown precipitate)   Week1 Day2 (brown precipitate) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 2:46 pm

yes quite a few have this brown/dark precipitate forming after a few days in balneo mary.

what salt did you use?

Wilfried

here is a picture of mine:

after 2 days in balneo mary:
Week1 Day2 (brown precipitate) N_a10

after 3 weeks in balneo mary:
Week1 Day2 (brown precipitate) N_a212
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week1 Day2 (brown precipitate)   Week1 Day2 (brown precipitate) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 3:11 pm

I used dead sea salt. I ground it down to a fine powder with my mortar and pestle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week1 Day2 (brown precipitate)   Week1 Day2 (brown precipitate) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:22 pm

When you see a brown precipitate immediatelly after dissolving the salt, then probably, this is dirt from unrefined salt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week1 Day2 (brown precipitate)   Week1 Day2 (brown precipitate) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:15 pm

This is only 2 days after the beginning water bath.

theFool wrote:
When you see a brown precipitate immediatelly after dissolving the salt, then probably, this is dirt from unrefined salt.
Back to top Go down
Wilfried

Wilfried

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Week1 Day2 (brown precipitate)   Week1 Day2 (brown precipitate) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 5:28 am

same here used dead sea salt from

www.deadseasalt.de
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week1 Day2 (brown precipitate)   Week1 Day2 (brown precipitate) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 1:45 pm

Quote :
This is only 2 days after the beginning water bath.
Then I quess you 're on a good path. I've observed a brown precip, similar to the one in Wilfried's pictures forming within 8 hours in a potassium carbonate - dew solution. It starts as a very fine "dust" suspended all over the containing vessel and then it coagulates slowly to the bottom. It is fluffy and upon shaking it mixes again into the solution. I don't know if this is the same kind of precip you should obtain from the salt - dew process, just my input...

(pic here: https://i.servimg.com/u/f63/13/43/32/26/precip10.jpg )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Week1 Day2 (brown precipitate)   Week1 Day2 (brown precipitate) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Week1 Day2 (brown precipitate)
Page 1 of 1