The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nick's Websites

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Nick's Websites Empty
PostSubject: Nick's Websites   Nick's Websites Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 10:54 pm

I would like to make this thread for posting all in one place, links to all of Nick's various websites through the years so people can access them and know about them. I lost my favorites tab and so cannot yet find some of these urls. If you guys could post them here then I will make links to them to archive.com.

-the flash site
-the philisophical mercury page which is still partly up (I can find I think)
-a very old mercury like page I found once with numbers in the name, 8 I think

-the table of contents page with the various info descriptions of the books etc.

-ehows,

anything that would be useful.

Here is one I was given in email about ph merc.. never saw it before.. very old, but anyhow..

philisophical mercury webpage

Also, I/we should decide if we want to offer Nick's books here for free download, of just as well, that charge a small fee for them like was always his way, (even though so many years of work in those books Shocked ) and we could use the proceeds to have a lottery between interested forum members to buy themsleves some labware. jocolor Even though it may not be mine to give, I know the family just loves Nick, and loves to see us enjoying so deeply the amazing work he put into alchemy, and I think (know) they would like this and that a good use for the money like that would be great with them and with me too.

Another great use for some monies would be to jazz up any books of his (just with maybe small comments from us if we had any good one) and have them for sale in physical form. A book is nice sometimes.

Offering the books for free, to me, I don't mind doing it once or twice to someone when I feel the time is right. But for all of us to be just passing them around for free I don't think is right. If people can't buck up and pay $7 or $11 dollars for one of the most important books in the world, then something is wrong. I respect, as Nick has always said, a small amount of money makes people respect it more, it is only a few dollars, like the price of two bags of chips, and the money could be used to perpetuate this great knowedge further and allow us to add nice art to it.

That's my take.
Back to top Go down
Pray

Pray

Male
Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2012-08-17

Nick's Websites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick's Websites   Nick's Websites Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 7:13 am

you could use lulu.com, just as nick did qoop, and let people order printouts on that website, you can charge the printing cost + a small fee on each printout.
Back to top Go down
johndaveit

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2015-03-11

Nick's Websites Empty
PostSubject: Thanks   Nick's Websites Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 11:56 pm

bluefloor wrote:
I would like to make this thread for posting all in one place, links to all of Nick's various websites through the years so people can access them and know about them. I lost my favorites tab and so cannot yet find some of these urls. If you guys could post them here then I will make links to them to archive.com.

-the flash site
-the philisophical mercury page which is still partly up (I can find I think)
-a very old mercury like page I found once with numbers in the name, 8 I think

-the table of contents page with the various info descriptions of the books etc.

-ehows,

anything that would be useful.

Here is one I was given in email about ph merc.. never saw it before.. very old, but anyhow..

philisophical mercury webpage

Also, I/we should decide if we want to offer Nick's books here for free download, of just as well, that charge a small fee for them like was always his way, (even though so many years of work in those books Shocked ) and we could use the proceeds to have a lottery between interested forum members to buy themsleves some labware. jocolor Even though it may not be mine to give, I know the family just loves Nick, and loves to see us enjoying so deeply the amazing work he put into alchemy, and I think (know) they would like this and that a good use for the money like that would be great with them and with me too.

Another great use for some monies would be to jazz up any books of his (just with maybe small comments from us if we had any good one) and have them for sale in physical form. A book is nice sometimes.

Offering the books for free, to me, I don't mind doing it once or twice to someone when I feel the time is right. But for all of us to be just passing them around for free I don't think is right. If people can't buck up and pay $7 or $11 dollars for one of the most important books in the world, then something is wrong. I respect, as Nick has always said, a small amount of money makes people respect it more, it is only a few dollars, like the price of two bags of chips, and the money could be used to perpetuate this great knowedge further and allow us to add nice art to it.

That's my take.

Dear bluefloor

How can I have the books, is it what you kindly sent me to Email: johndaveit(atsign)yahoo.com?

Thanks.

John
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nick's Websites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nick's Websites   Nick's Websites Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nick's Websites
Page 1 of 1