The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Problems with the use of dead sea salt

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
trueKabbalist

Male
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Problems with the use of dead sea salt Empty
PostSubject: Problems with the use of dead sea salt   Problems with the use of dead sea salt Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 1:24 am

Hi,

I have noticed that many here have been using or suggesting the use of salt from the dead sea. Just as a point of caution, I would not recommend this. First, I have been to the dead sea and when the tour I was on arrived we were strictly informed not to drink the water there nor attempt to ingest any of the salt unless it was specifically prepared for human consumption. The Dead Sea is the lowest place on earth. As such the mineral content and PH of the water there is different than any other place on earth. It is healthy to bathe in the water and mud, but it is never advisable to ingest any of it. It's really great for your skin, but its harmful if you ingest it. If you do use unrefined Dead Sea salt, I would suggest, at the very least, running it through a number of water washes to remove any of the dirt and mineral sediment that has crytalized into the salts. But idealy I wouldn't use Dead Sea salt at all. I would use the unprocessed gourmet salt prepared by saltworks or some other quality salt supplier. Then to increase the astral fire you can make a salt water 'paste' of it and sun dry it. If you do use the Dead sea salt, I fear that you may end up incubating the minerals and bacteria in it into a poison. And that would not be good. Of course, it could just be that I'm being overly cautious in all of this.

By the way, I see that many who use the Dead Sea salt find a dark brown sediment in their glass only a few days into the process. Those are, without doubt, the extra non-water-soluble minerals and mud from the Dead Sea salt itself. Don't ingest that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the use of dead sea salt   Problems with the use of dead sea salt Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 6:15 am

If the salt is crystal clear with no feces when prepared buy art the work should be good
Back to top Go down
trueKabbalist

Male

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the use of dead sea salt   Problems with the use of dead sea salt Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 12:14 am

Ture, I agree. That's why I said to wash it first. I was only worried that people would simply place the salt as is into the water hoping to get some extra mineral content without knowing what they may be dealing with. I just figure it's easier to use already clean salt, and if you want to increase the astral fire then you can simply sun dry it. In my opinion, the power of the elixir of life isn't its physical constitution. It is the marraige of Luna and Sol. The dew and the salt simply act as vehicles. But there I go theorizing once again without praxis. Urg, I can't wait for March.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the use of dead sea salt   Problems with the use of dead sea salt Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 6:07 pm

I didn't think a bacteria existed that could withstand a saturated salt water solution at 200F for several weeks.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
trueKabbalist

Male

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the use of dead sea salt   Problems with the use of dead sea salt Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:16 pm

Well, I think there are some rare bacteria living in sea vents that withstand great levels of pressure and temerature, but don't quote me on that. I was more concerned about the mineral content. From the Leyden letter it seemed to me that he use ordinary sea salt. The salt from the dead sea contains a far higher mineral content than regular sea salt, and Bokek salt recomended by some on the site here is meant for spa use, not for consumption. I am a philosophy major, not a chemist. But I know many of you are familiar with these compunds, so here is the mineral content in the Bokek salt as per the SaltWorks web site. I couldn't tell you if anything listed here is harmful if ingested, but here you go.

Chemical Composition:
Magnesium Chloride (MgCl2) 33.3 31.0 - 35.0
Potassium Chloride (KCl) 24.3 20.0 - 28.0
Sodium Chloride (NaCl) 5.5 3.0 - 8.0
Calcium Chloride (CaCl2) 0.2 0.1 - 0.5
Bromide (Br-) 0.5 0.3 - 0.6
Sulphates (SO4) 0.15 0.05 - 0.2
Insolubles
0.03 0 - 0.3
Water of Crystallization
36.4 32.0 - 40.0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the use of dead sea salt   Problems with the use of dead sea salt Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 2:17 am

True:

I too am not a chemist, but I have been injesting a lunar inhanced
salt derivative of my own for over 10 month. This has had amazing
effects on my body and I am still here. I am using the Bokak salt
from saltworks. If for what ever reason you are unconfortable with
this particular salt use what ever brings the warm and fuzzies to your life. Laughing

I have another process that I have just started today that you might like.

I'll detail it below.

The procedure entails a purification of the Dead Sea Salt by liquefaction
and then evaporation. I am using untouched rain water from an east Texas
thunderstorm. It has been setting in a very gentle circulation for about 3 months.
I grind approximately 100 ml. of Dead Sea Salt in a mortar and pestle until it
becomes very close to a powder. I dissolve this powdered salt in approximately
325 ml. of the above mentioned water. I perform this procedure twice and filter it
into a 750 ml (quart) mason jar. The filtration process is done by placing a cotton ball
in the neck of the top half of a 20 oz. water bottle. Then I pour the Sea Salt water
through this simple funnel/filter into the quart Mason jar. The cotton ball when packed
moderately tight into the neck works surprisingly well. I then take the Sea Salt water
and place it into a Pyrex cooking dish. At night I place this on a stand and blow a
box fan across the top of the dish. This helps to speed up the evaporation process.

During the day if there is sun outside I place the dish outside in the sun light
and allow the sun to work the evaporation as well as saturate the water and salt
with solar fire.

Once all the water has evaporated away to dryness I start the same procedure again
with new water and continued through for 7 cycles.

I do the first cycle multiple times so I can collect a considerable amount of filtered
salt before proceeding with the next 6 cycles. I will use this enlivened and purified
salt with my dew that I collect in March during the full moon.

Please give me your thoughts on the above process.
I am very interested in everybody's opinions.

Kent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the use of dead sea salt   Problems with the use of dead sea salt Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:42 pm

All of us here on this forum appreciate your great attention to detail.
There is no doubt in my heart and mind that you absolutely have all our best
interest at heart. That my friend is greatly appreciated.

God only knows how many well intending Alchemist through the centuries has
poisioned himself because HE JUST KNEW HE HAD IT RIGHT.

The Bokak salt is entended per Saltworks to be a straight up unprocessed salt.
It is specified for bath and spa use and not for internal consumption.

In the water imprenting video there was a statement made that the human
body absorbs something like a quart of water every day while we take our showers.
If there truely was a problem with this salt could a person not poision himself in
a salts bath just as easy as ingesting it? Question

Your thoughts, my friend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the use of dead sea salt   Problems with the use of dead sea salt Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 2:01 pm

Now transdermal therapy or balneotherapy is something I know a little about. I use magnesium chloride salt in my therapies for cellular regeneration. Even though it is not toxic, if you ingest it, it will give you diarrhoea because of laxative properties. I also use a salt from Siberia much stronger chemically then the Dead Sea.
Rapan salt contains such chemical elements and substances as Na, K, Mg, Ca, N, carbonate, hydrocarbonate, sulphate, chloride, bromide, phenols, microelements (P, As, Zn, Sn, Cu, Ni, Pb, Ag), silica acid, vitamins, hormones, biostimulators, amino acids, fatty acids, polysaccharides, peptides, etc.). It also contains most elements of the Periodic Table.

Rapan salt crystallises in the lake, and the crystals can be of different sizes. The salt also contains what is called 'crystallohydrate' - the product of the binding of water by inorganic substances in the cold conditions of Siberia. The water in this 'bound' state plays a very important role as far as therapeutic properties.

Now using the different salts are up to the individual and their role in their own path. Make sure it comes from a source you can trust. If you decide not to use your salts you have purchased...make sure you put them in your bath!! What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the use of dead sea salt   Problems with the use of dead sea salt Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 9:52 pm

Thanks for the wealth of information. Even though I have had no ill effect I am
prepaired to adjust my salt purchases accordingly.

Primalsea: What do you think of the salt purification process I outlined.

Any thoughts.
Back to top Go down
trueKabbalist

Male

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the use of dead sea salt   Problems with the use of dead sea salt Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:29 pm

Magnum.opus1, to respond on a few points.

First

Quote :
All of us here on this forum appreciate your great attention to detail.
There is no doubt in my heart and mind that you absolutely have all our best
interest at heart. That my friend is greatly appreciated.

Well, thank you very much. I'm glad to see my intent was communicated accurately. I sometimes find I have difficulty accomplishing that. I'm glad to see I was understood.

second

Quote :
If there truely was a problem with this salt could a person not poision himself in
a salts bath just as easy as ingesting it?

Biologically speaking, human skin does absorb a vast amount of water trans-dermally. However, the skin acts as a sort of filter and barrier to a great deal of chemicals, substances and objects which, if came in contact with either the blood stream or the underlying tissue, could prove harmful. To put it in slightly exaggerated terms, it's sort of like dishwasher soap. It's fine to get on the hands, but if you ingest any of it, you're gonna be really close friends with that porcelain throne of yours in a few hours.

finally

Quote :
Please give me your thoughts on the above process.
I am very interested in everybody's opinions.

As far as I can tell it's just a complex water washing method you're using here. I don’t see any reason why it shouldn’t work fine for the Dew process. Though, just to be safe, you may want to research the mineral constituents I posted above more thoroughly as some may be water soluble and others not. I still couldn’t tell you myself though. But hey, none of them could be harmful. My main purpose in bringing up the issue was to remind people not to do things without fully knowing what their messing with. The elixir of life, if I understand it correctly, is a powerful substance not to be taken lightly, not to mention the practical effects the power of transmutation (this is all I will mention here) will have on a person's way of life. Read, reread, pray, read some more, and THEN do the work. Wise sayings from those much more experienced than ourselves.

Ora et Labora, and blessings in your progress.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the use of dead sea salt   Problems with the use of dead sea salt Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 9:53 pm

I would like to address your concerns about the use of dead sea salt and set the record straight on this issue.
As to your concern about bacteria it is valid as all sea water does contain bacteria and so salt prepared for human consumption is pasteurized much like milk. This simply means that it is heated to an adequate temperature for an adequate time. The reason that this is not done to dead sea water is that do to its small percentage of sodium chloride as compared with other salts it has a bitter taste and would not make a good seasoning for food.
As for drinking water directly from the dead sea, not only would the bacteria be a problem but as any biologist will tell you drinking salt water in sufficient quantity will kill you by causing your body to become hypertonic which will cause your cells to wither and die.
As for the high percentage of minerals in dead sea water, that is a good thing. The whole reason that you use sea salt as opposed the regular table salt is precisely because of the minerals that are contained within all sea salt with dead sea salt having by far the most.
I hope this helps to clear up the debate over weather or not dead sea salt is the best choice. sunny
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the use of dead sea salt   Problems with the use of dead sea salt Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 5:33 pm

I'm sure if the salt is powdered and calcined at high temperature, then all bacteria will be killed.

But in the 3rd edition of the book, I will say that only Atlantic sea salt should be used that has been refined for human consumption, because the salt the Cappucine monk used was refined and cleaned for human consumption.

Last edited by NDC on Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the use of dead sea salt   Problems with the use of dead sea salt Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 6:44 pm

Hello Nick. Would you happen to know where I could purchase said salt when I have the means to undertake the work? I looked on ebay, but mostly could only find dead sea salts for use in baths. Thanks. My name is Ron by the way. Thanks for making this information so available. Pouring through old alchemy tests only frustrated me and enticed me to say it was all hogwash (probably because I couldnt logically comprehend it as you have learned to do.)
Back to top Go down
trueKabbalist

Male

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the use of dead sea salt   Problems with the use of dead sea salt Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 10:11 pm

You can get it here

http://www.saltworks.us/shop/product.asp?idProduct=541
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the use of dead sea salt   Problems with the use of dead sea salt Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 12:27 am

trueKabbalist wrote:
You can get it here

http://www.saltworks.us/shop/product.asp?idProduct=541

Thanks for the information. I will place my order.

Blessings sunny
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the use of dead sea salt   Problems with the use of dead sea salt Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 2:58 am

You can get sea salt for human consumption at your local grocery store.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the use of dead sea salt   Problems with the use of dead sea salt Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:15 am

Zulnic and I have produced our own sea salt from atlantic ocean water. We will have pictures as soon as possible (we took the pictures with my camera phone but are having problems uploading them to my computer, should have it fixed in a day or two though).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the use of dead sea salt   Problems with the use of dead sea salt Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 3:28 pm

What is the ratio of the volume of sea water to the amount of salt it can produce?

Say we take 1 litre (1/4 gallon) of atlantic sea water, how much nice salt can we get from that?

And just to have a little clarity here about an earlier post on this topic -
If you purchase already dried salt - then take a little good water, mix with salt, make a paste, and let it dry in the sun to calcine the salt and add more of the astral fire? Sound about right?

p.s. - There is nothing living in the Dead Sea. That is why it is called the Dead Sea. There is no bacteria in it, as far as I know.
King David and his son, King Solomon, lived close to the Dead Sea, and they produced tons and tons of gold from some alchemical process that involved the Dead Sea Water. The amount of Gold Solomon used for the Temple is staggering.

My guess is that it is probably the best salt from water you can use on the entire planet for our purpose - the sun is totally, totally like an inferno there, and nothing lives. it's all minerals, salts...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the use of dead sea salt   Problems with the use of dead sea salt Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:46 pm

From 4 gallons of atlantic sea water (around 14 liters) we produced about 30 ounces by volume, or nearly 4 cups. So by our findings about 1/8 of the volume of the water is salt, at least at Vilano Beach.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the use of dead sea salt   Problems with the use of dead sea salt Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:52 pm

So 30 ounces is almost 2 pounds.
So it is around 2 ounces for every litre - since 4Litres = 1 gallon, and you were using 4 gallons to get 30 ounces.

Good work! thanks a lot.

This REALLY inspires me to buy salt from those salt places, though i think having one's own energy in every step is helpful.
Back to top Go down
Crestington

Crestington

Male
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the use of dead sea salt   Problems with the use of dead sea salt Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 8:04 pm

trueKabbalist wrote:
Well, I think there are some rare bacteria living in sea vents that withstand great levels of pressure and temerature, but don't quote me on that. I was more concerned about the mineral content. From the Leyden letter it seemed to me that he use ordinary sea salt. The salt from the dead sea contains a far higher mineral content than regular sea salt, and Bokek salt recomended by some on the site here is meant for spa use, not for consumption. I am a philosophy major, not a chemist. But I know many of you are familiar with these compunds, so here is the mineral content in the Bokek salt as per the SaltWorks web site. I couldn't tell you if anything listed here is harmful if ingested, but here you go.

Chemical Composition:
Magnesium Chloride (MgCl2) 33.3 31.0 - 35.0
Potassium Chloride (KCl) 24.3 20.0 - 28.0
Sodium Chloride (NaCl) 5.5 3.0 - 8.0
Calcium Chloride (CaCl2) 0.2 0.1 - 0.5
Bromide (Br-) 0.5 0.3 - 0.6
Sulphates (SO4) 0.15 0.05 - 0.2
Insolubles
0.03 0 - 0.3
Water of Crystallization
36.4 32.0 - 40.0

Common Sea Salt is 96.5% (965g) water and 3.5% (35 grams) salt. It is made up of 55% cloride, 30.6% sodium, 7.7% sulphate, 3.7% magnesium, 1.2% calcium, 1.1% potassium and trace amounts of Bromide. *taken from Wikipedia*

The letters mention that sea salt from spain would be best, they knew about the dead sea at that time, if it was indeed the best salt to use, they would have mentioned it in the letter.

This is just like cooking a meal, if you deviate from the recipe because you think you know better you are likely to get less than desired results.

It sounds like the Bokek salt would be a good salt to use
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the use of dead sea salt   Problems with the use of dead sea salt Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 1:32 am

It sounds like the Bokek salt would be a good salt to use.

I think we have all been through this before. I have used the Bokek salt for
several other processes that I currently do. The Bokek salt is specified for
spa use only (not for human consumption). Some place on this thread and or
forum is all the information on this. I am currently using Atlantic Sea Salt
from Saltworks per Nick.

I feel we all put too much emphesis on the salt and the dew. They are just
the carriers of the astral fire. I believe, The process combines the Solar and
the Lunar Fires to get the Elixir.

We need to understand we all have to rely on our intuition and process each
step with intent.
Remember you are 70% water so program yourself for the sucess of your
work not for it's failure. This is all part of the transmutation of each of us as
Alchemists. As we complete each step that work becomes part of us. It is that
constant checking and rechecking every day to be sure your temperature is
correct. Making shure your seal is still intact. Setting there and watching your
bottle and or flask as the changes come and go.

The excitement of seeing all this Day after Day. Just KNOWING, KNOWING,
KNOWING that when it is finnished that you will have accomplished an amazing
feat that only a handful of very special people have completed throughout all
of History.

Right now to some, to be able to transmute base metals may seem
to be important. To others to have perfect health and to others imortality.

But I really think that as we reach each of these areas we will find maybe a
little bit of their LUSTER has worn off, and I say this
because as the matter in our flask changes so will what we desire.
As we progress our foolishness will subside and His Desires will become
our Desires. Such an amazing process.

In the end for me to become a part of this unique and special Brotherhood of
Philosophers that have completed this work would be an ultimate high.

Her I go again, waxing all Philosophic.

Blessings in your Work.

MO-1 king

Last edited by magnum.opus1 on Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the use of dead sea salt   Problems with the use of dead sea salt Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 10:55 am

I have to agree with magum.opus1. I think people here are putting too much imphasis on the salt itself. I mean, why use dead sea salt, if the recipe specifically called for Atlantic Sea salt. You wouldn't bake a cake and instead of using sugar, use salt, would you? That cake wouldn't turn out that great. In my opinion, you should stick to what's simple and what works. As Nick said before, people are complicating things that don't need to be complicated. If you complicate an already simple process, guess what? It won't work. You see, as humans, we tend to over complicate things, especially when some of the greatest answers to our lives problems are so simple. Stick to the book and go with the Atlantic Sea Salt. You'll be glad you did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the use of dead sea salt   Problems with the use of dead sea salt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problems with the use of dead sea salt
Page 1 of 1