The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

instead of using clay just buy this salt

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SunWukong

Male
Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2012-08-17

instead of using clay just buy this salt Empty
PostSubject: instead of using clay just buy this salt   instead of using clay just buy this salt Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 2:56 pm

http://saltworks.us/alaea.html

this salt is where the idea of the clay was inspired from... this would be far easier for you guys
Back to top Go down
Pray

Pray

Male
Number of posts : 251

PostSubject: Re: instead of using clay just buy this salt   instead of using clay just buy this salt Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 9:54 pm

Thank you Sun, so not dead sea salt, not Celtic unrefined salt, not flowers of salt but this one would bring the best results. Good info for those who want to try out the Leyden process. But the Leyden process is so long and slow.
Back to top Go down
SunWukong

Male

PostSubject: Re: instead of using clay just buy this salt   instead of using clay just buy this salt Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 7:04 pm

yes but this salt contains way more "natural" clay than any I have seen and would be the best option i have seen that is "naturally" available

(even tho this salt some of it on the market is artificially made in california and I gave instructions to copy that process but who cares right?)
Back to top Go down
cocojambo

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2013-01-09

PostSubject: Re: instead of using clay just buy this salt   instead of using clay just buy this salt Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 11:42 pm

SunWuKong, you proclaimed rather loudly a while back that not only did Nick not have the stone, but he did not even have the right starting material.

At the same time you say that the prima materia can be extracted from anything, which I agree. Strongest in young men, men, women, animals, plants and lastly minerals.

Both dew and \"philosophical dew\" are certainly something and would fall under the category of... anything, so how can you say he did not have the "right" starting material if you also say any material can be the starting material.

==

You also say there are many types of elixirs with different capabilities, which I agree with, but you also claim that Nick did not have the "true" elixir. What in your mind is the "true" elixir. It seems every alchemist likes to say his elixir is the "true" elixir. A certain someone from Mexico who messaged Nick comes to mind. Again, explain.
Back to top Go down
SunWukong

Male

PostSubject: Re: instead of using clay just buy this salt   instead of using clay just buy this salt Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 5:16 pm

easy.... the matter is only 1 thing and without this 1 thing it is done... I said his material was purified from its nature state therefore it is unnatural an it must be returned to its natural state before the work can begin...thats why i keep saying nicks process was not wrong, everything was right, its the salt that was ruined and that is it

other than that he was absolutely right

which i keep saying this over and over but why people miss the part where im crediting him and all of his processes, but they need to be understood and not copied

even nick agreed that purified salt would not work... the problem is most sea salt is also purified as well this is why i recommend using this salt with dew

http://www.saltworks.us/alaea.html
Back to top Go down
Pray

Pray

Male

PostSubject: Re: instead of using clay just buy this salt   instead of using clay just buy this salt Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 7:44 pm

is Celtic salt also purified?
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: instead of using clay just buy this salt   instead of using clay just buy this salt Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 8:07 pm

Bacstrom "preferred" saltpeter if the theme is the alcahest made of dew + salt.
Back to top Go down
Pray

Pray

Male

PostSubject: Re: instead of using clay just buy this salt   instead of using clay just buy this salt Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 6:39 pm

Zosimo, you are saying he added niter to the sea salt, correct?
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: instead of using clay just buy this salt   instead of using clay just buy this salt Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 7:28 am

On the original handwritten copy of the "Leyden" process there is a note of Bastrom that says so.

That's all I know about the argument.
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: instead of using clay just buy this salt   instead of using clay just buy this salt Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 4:41 pm

That form of salt might not work at all. The advertizement states that the Hawaiian clay enriches the salt with iron. Every single alchemical experiment I have ever added iron to weather intentional or not lost 100% of it's psychic charge in a matter of hours after the metal was introduced. The psychic energy Is the virtue or astral fire you're trying to kindle if you snuff out that fire you might as well start over.

I've been wondering if the snow white GW2 salt collected from a terracotta plant pot, which is almost chemically identical to the salt of dew ,could be used to produce the same results as sea salt.

If I understand it the purpose is to create a form of colloidal gold in solid form similar to that of cranberry glass but water soluble so that it can be multiplied in psychic strength until the psychic energy reaches critical mass and transmutes the metals in your salts to the very special gold crystal known as philosopher's stone.
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: instead of using clay just buy this salt   instead of using clay just buy this salt Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 4:57 am

I want to be precise: Bacstrom handwritten on the original text a note where says that the correct salt for the Actum Leyden Experiment should be saltpeter.
But I personally think that even sal mirabilis...
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: instead of using clay just buy this salt   instead of using clay just buy this salt Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 8:54 am

Back in the old days before the industrial revolution saltpeter (KNO3 or NaNO3) was extracted from cesspits. So it's very possible that the purified GW salt is exactly the salt to use.

I'm not as familiar with the old names for chemicals as I'd like to be. Could you tell me the modern name for "sal mirabilis"?
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: instead of using clay just buy this salt   instead of using clay just buy this salt Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:16 am

You're quite right about saltpeter.
Sodium sulfate Na2 O4 S + 10 H2 O
Back to top Go down
Pray

Pray

Male

PostSubject: Re: instead of using clay just buy this salt   instead of using clay just buy this salt Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 1:00 pm

solarseeker, i was just reading about glauber's sal mirabilis and the different ways glauber made it. One way was with sea salt and sulfuric acid to make Na2SO4.

welcome to the forum.

Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: instead of using clay just buy this salt   instead of using clay just buy this salt Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 7:41 am

Yes, and it's explained in the crucible book of Bartlett.
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: instead of using clay just buy this salt   instead of using clay just buy this salt Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 6:56 pm

I generally shy away from sulfur compounds. The Flamel path takes great pains to remove the sulfur from the antimony ore. But the Volpiere path uses sulfuric acid specifically to break down the antimony. So I'm kind of stumped there.
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: instead of using clay just buy this salt   instead of using clay just buy this salt Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 8:22 am

Lege, lege, lege, relege, ora, labora et invenies.
A LOT of path on antimony, so to compare them is the best thing... study Just search among the RAMS books... affraid

And in the meanwhile minds changes. king

Back to top Go down
solarseeker

PostSubject: Re: instead of using clay just buy this salt   instead of using clay just buy this salt Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 11:51 pm

Antimony is so toxic that I probably won't work with it until I have a better laboratory that can deal with heavy metal fumes. Chances are that won't be any time soon. Even still antimony is a very fascinating substance with very unusual properties.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: instead of using clay just buy this salt   instead of using clay just buy this salt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

instead of using clay just buy this salt
Page 1 of 1