The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

gw3 amounts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
leachy

leachy

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2013-01-22

gw3 amounts Empty
PostSubject: gw3 amounts   gw3 amounts Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 7:30 pm

nick has not given an amount for the \"philosophical dew\" for the "golden water" methord 3. is it that the amount of golden water is not as importent in this methord as long as you get a sensable amount? study
Back to top Go down
cocojambo

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2013-01-09

gw3 amounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: gw3 amounts   gw3 amounts Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 10:21 pm

1 gallon is a good amount to start with imo. Of course I'm working GW1, but it's the same salt in the end.
Back to top Go down
leachy

leachy

gw3 amounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: gw3 amounts   gw3 amounts Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 5:20 am

thanks for the feedback!

but a gallon is a very large amount and I have doubts that my distilleration system would be able to handle such an amount.

what would be a good system for handling such an amount?

I myself would work with a much smaller amount (a pint max).

but maybe I will just need to use more. bounce
Back to top Go down
leachy

leachy

gw3 amounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: gw3 amounts   gw3 amounts Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 5:23 am

ps:

bearing in mind that I am not acully using golden water but am using dew with the same methord as the dew and golden water is interchangable.
Back to top Go down
cocojambo

gw3 amounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: gw3 amounts   gw3 amounts Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 4:21 pm

I read somewhere you'll need more dew than \"philosophical dew\" to obtain an equivalent amount of salt, but I'm not sure.

You don't need to distill it all at once. You can add more back in once the liquid level gets low, which is what I did with a 1l flat bottom. You can get about 20ml or so of salt from 1 gallon _________.
Back to top Go down
leachy

leachy

gw3 amounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: gw3 amounts   gw3 amounts Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:38 pm

oh thank god...

for a second there I had it in mind that you need to distill it in so kind of monster of a flask
Back to top Go down
leachy

leachy

gw3 amounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: gw3 amounts   gw3 amounts Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 11:59 am

if I was to use less dew would it still work but you would just get less salt? bounce
Back to top Go down
artephius

artephius

Male
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2013-01-16

gw3 amounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: gw3 amounts   gw3 amounts Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 6:43 pm

Can you tell us please as you collect the Dew?
The alembic image for distill the GW1 and as extract its salt with images too?
It is very important on alchemy and for people see.
I do it already.
Back to top Go down
NEPTUNE

NEPTUNE

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2012-11-28

gw3 amounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: gw3 amounts   gw3 amounts Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 2:26 pm

Distill, refill, ditill - u ll get the salt in the end.
Back to top Go down
leachy

leachy

gw3 amounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: gw3 amounts   gw3 amounts Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 4:57 pm

yeah sure I will tell you. I myself have a very strange way of collecting dew that seems to be able to get a fair amount. its just finding the right conditions for a collection.
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2013-05-01

gw3 amounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: gw3 amounts   gw3 amounts Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 5:03 pm

I wish I knew where I was reading it from but the philosophic dew from golden water is the first 10th that distills over. More properly it's super easy to know cause it's super hard to miss guess. The spirit you're looking for contains a fair bit of ammonia if it's not solely the charged ammonia you're looking for.

When your distillate doesn't smell of ammonia then you know the rest is phlegm that can be thrown away or used for purifying the salt with.
Back to top Go down
cocojambo

gw3 amounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: gw3 amounts   gw3 amounts Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 11:37 pm

solarseeker wrote:
I wish I knew where I was reading it from but the philosophic dew from golden water is the first 10th that distills over. More properly it's super easy to know cause it's super hard to miss guess. The spirit you're looking for contains a fair bit of ammonia if it's not solely the charged ammonia you're looking for.

When your distillate doesn't smell of ammonia then you know the rest is phlegm that can be thrown away or used for purifying the salt with.
You seem to be working a completely different path. Both of Nick's GW works require the phlegm for salt extraction.
Back to top Go down
leachy

leachy

gw3 amounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: gw3 amounts   gw3 amounts Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 5:28 am

That was going to be another thing I was going to ask about.

how do I distill a spirit from golden-water?

bearing in mind I am going to be using a gallon of the repulsive stuff...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

gw3 amounts Empty
PostSubject: Re: gw3 amounts   gw3 amounts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

gw3 amounts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lost Academy :: Alchemy :: Practical Alchemy-
Jump to: