The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

left over salt from making the Alkhest

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

left over salt from making the Alkhest Empty
PostSubject: left over salt from making the Alkhest   left over salt from making the Alkhest Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 12:41 pm

In both your description and Leydens description of how to make the Alkhest in your book Universal medicine as well as a third account contained in Potpouri Alchemia after the fifth cycle at the very end of the process of making the philosophical mercury only one third of the salt is actually absorbed by the water leaving two thirds to be set aside.
This seems like a terrible waist. Is it not possible to saturate new dew with this water saving approximately 6 months worth of work to quickly create more Alkhest from this already prepared salt? Or at least some valuable use for it that has perhaps not been yet been looked into or experimented with?
It just seems likely to me or else why bother to set it aside and not just dispose of it?

Silverdragon07 sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: left over salt from making the Alkhest   left over salt from making the Alkhest Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:41 pm

Isn't the astral spirit taken out of the salt and joined with the water? I don't think it would have any spirit left in it, as for other uses I cannot say as I have just started alchemy.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: left over salt from making the Alkhest   left over salt from making the Alkhest Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 9:38 pm

I was also thinking about that same thing goatz. I think we can safely assume the Alkahest gets dissolved back into the salt water, and the remaining material is mostly just sediment and impurities from the dew.

It's harder to say with mine since it contained kelp, it dirtied the precipitant and made it brown. And since it started out white, then turned brown, it looks like the cooking sort of burnt it. So it looks like most of it is organic material.

When I put it on hot silver, most of it smoked and burnt then calcined.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
solarseeker

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: left over salt from making the Alkhest   left over salt from making the Alkhest Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 7:44 pm

My own experiments show that the salt has a LOT of energy left over. I never completed the path but yes it can accelerate the creation of more of it's own nature. You're actually growing the energy so increasing the volume of matter dilutes it but it's still very good for repeating the work. If the salt is dry it will also retain it's potency much better than when wet so you can return to the work years later and it'll still be better than fresh sea salt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: left over salt from making the Alkhest   left over salt from making the Alkhest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

left over salt from making the Alkhest
Page 1 of 1