The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Dry Path

Go down 
+2
Zosimo
NDC
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

The Dry Path Empty
PostSubject: The Dry Path   The Dry Path Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 2:21 pm

WET vs. DRY
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, I was going through some old files I found backed up on my phone's memory card, and as I studied the dry paths versus the wet paths, I noticed something incredibly obvious that was right in front of our faces for all these years, and the glorious light of comprehension shined brightly down on me. Very Happy

So I will share with everyone here the great secret of how to perform the dry path, even faster than it's written in alchemy books:

First of all, in the wet path, the metal is dissolved with the Alkahest and then digested for many weeks to form the Stone. This is then multiplied by either dissolving in the Alkahest again, or the oil of the metal is isolated by itself, and through dissolving and coagulating/hardening into a stone back and forth, it is multiplied. This is do to the inherent Alkahest energy which remains as part of the oil. The end product is a stone which still needs to be specified to the mineral realm, and to gold itself by 'fermentation' with gold, which is simply heating the powdered stone with gold leaf or dust in a sealed crucible at high temperature for many hours until all the gold is converted to the red glass-like powder of projection.

But in the dry path, the work is very different. Instead of multiplying the stone, we multiply the powder of projection. Red crystals are obtained from an organic source through a very easy method, and these crystals are powdered & mixed in proper proportion with gold leaf which is then heated to its melting point in an iron crucible until the gold becomes a beautiful glass-like stone with the appearance of a ruby or carbuncle. Now this ruby glass is actually the "powder of projection", not the Philosopher's Stone, but still a tincture can be made from it which has incredible curative powers, and it can also be multiplied by simply pounding it to a powder and mixing it with an equal amount of the red crystals in powder form, then after 3 months of digestion of these two together, the 'stone' is multiplied.

However, I'm confident a 3 month waiting period will not be require if the projection powder is simply heated up to melting point, and the red crystals are added encased in wax like you were doing a transmutation. My intuition tells me this would produce and instantaneous multiplication of this 'stone', and by repeating the process 7 to 8 times in a row, always adding an equal amount of the red crystals to ruby stone by weight, you will achieve a glowing stone capable of a nearly infinite transmutation, some insane ratio like 1 million to 1.

And so there you have it, the big secret about the dry path is not the use of arsenic or any other dangerous compounds; the secret is to simply multiply the powder of projection instead of the stone, which requires you begin with gold. You also don't need to use the red crystals to make the gold into the ruby glass, as the "ruby glass" is actually referred to as the sulphur of gold in alchemy texts, and we know there are many ways to extract the sulphur of gold by dissolving it in an alkahest, like the one made instantly from condensing tartar smoke. Or by the dry distillation/sublimation of ammonium chloride with gold chloride, and the sulfur of gold is extracted by the ultra corrosive ammonia and hydrochloride fumes, sublimating with the sal ammoniac. And actually, the flower of antimony are made by sublimating powdered antimony metal with sal ammoniac, which produces a beautiful red crystalline matrix on the upper walls of the flask and condenser. However, this may only be antimony oxide with no real value.

One method of obtaining the red crystals you can read how to make in "Potpourri Alchemia" CD3 of the Ramsdigital.com library. The method involves nothing more than letting the liquid putrefy, distill out the spirit gently and save it, then distill out all the phlegm water and discard, dry the residue (which will be quite a nasty mess, but it's important to dry it completely, but don't burn it) then you pour the spirit back on the residue and digest for 3 months (although a few dews is sufficient to obtain a small extraction of the caput mortum) and the spirit is poured off the feces and filtered, then the spirit is gently distilled to save it for later reuse, and the distillation is stopped when you see a skin is beginning to form on the surface. This indicates the solution is saturated enough so that you can place it in the fridge for 24 hours, and beautiful red crystals will grow.

I ask please, that nobody openly discuss what this liquid is that we start with for producing these red crystals, don't even describe it's color or abbreviate it with letters. Also there are other liquids which we can obtian the crystals from, including dew. In fact the Mutus Liber can be interpreted in 2 ways --- one using the wet path, and the other using the dry path if the rain water is omitted and sulphur of gold + red crystals is used in replace of the Luna + Sol of the wet path.

And also, red crystals can be formed by the melting together of two dry chemical agents which will also transmute the gold into the red glass powder of projection. So the red crystals aren't the Philosopher's Stone and have no real medicinal value, yet the ruby-like stone made from the gold has medicinal powers, so the question then becomes, what is the real Philosopher's Stone? The line gets blurred because the wet method seems to produce a stone from the gold that is distinctly different from the powder of projection glass that is made by melting that stone with new gold, and yet they may in fact be one and the same.

*I will edit this post and add more photos as I continue the work

The Dry Path Dry%20Path_white%20spirit
1. The white spirit obtained from very gently distilling first 1/6th of the solution. This took all night long to obtain only about 100ml of spirit. I made this several months ago, so you can see little thing floating in the spirit from a film that formed on the surface.

The Dry Path Dry%20Path_red%20sol
2. The solution in the flask became dark yellow, then orange, then red as the spirit was distilled out. In this photo, you can see strawberry designs on the glass because I used a mason jelly jar. I buy these as 12 packs from the hardware store to be used for these types of nasty experiments so my expensive lab glassware isn't sacrificed. lol

The Dry Path Dryth%20Path_evaporation%20in%20toaster%20oven2
3. The remaining water is the phlegm and will now be evaporated to form the disgusting 'caput mortum' material which indeed will smell like a dead corpse. I'm using this toaster oven my little sister had when she was in college. She was going to throw it away, but I knew one day it would be the perfect thing for alchemy. The temperature can get all the way up to 500F, so it's useful for many things. Right now I've only got it on about 250, and it has a convection setting to help the liquid evaporate better with a fan.

The Dry Path Dryth%20Path_evaporation%20in%20toaster%20oven
Inside you can see there is a pyrex dish with the "Philosophical Dew" evaporating. I was going to wait until night when my neighbors where asleep to do this stinky evaporation, but I'm too eager to see the results. Its a windy day, so you actually can't smell it that much. I want to have the extraction of the caput mortum complete and have the the spirit sitting in the fridge tonight, so in 24 hours the red crystals will be fully grown, and I can test them out on metals.

The toaster oven is great because it allows the liquids to evaporate without bugs getting inside, and they are very attracted to the stench of this "Philosophical dew" putrefying and decaying. Also it hides the container inside and prevents the neighbors from seeing exactly what is going on if they should happen to peak over the fence, and likewise the same goes for helicopters; they fly by routinely looking in everyone's backyard for suspicious activity that could be related to drug manufacture.

The Dry Path Dry_Path_caput_mortom_dried_at_400F
After evaporating the solution at 250°F, there remained a resinous substance, and because it still stunk so bad like ammonia, I decided to increase the temperature to 400 to see if I can calcine it, or if it will just become burnt. I figure the whole reason for drying it in, and then extracting the salt using the spirit is because you need to calcine the material, otherwise instead of drying it, you would be able to just evaporate most of the solution and put it in the fridge. A few months ago I had tried that, and it didn't produce crystals. So this proves to me that crystals will not form if you only dry it without calcination, then dissolve it with the spirit again, because you would essentially have the same thing you started with and nothing will have changed.

Also in alchemy, the who point of drying the salt can calcination is perfect the salt and make it white; much like what you do with plant ashes to make the potassium carbonate salt. If you only evaporated the plant matter into a resin, then when you redissolved it with the spirit you wouldn't be able to extract a salt from it. But once you have calcined the plant material, you can then mix it with the spirit and extract the potash salt from it, which can in that way be made whiter and whiter.

The Dry Path Dry_Path_dried_caput_mortum_powder
The dried material had no smell until I began scraping it off the pyrex dish using a razor blade. Then it began to stink just like a port-a-john. It was necessary to put on gloves and a mask to be sure I didn't inhale any dust. The powder itself is a dark brown with a few sparkles of crystalline minerals.

The Dry Path Dry_Path_dried_caput_mortum_before_refrigeration
4. Instead of adding all the spirit to this powder and then evaporating until a skin forms on the surface, I simply chose to only a enough spirit to dissolve the powder, then I filtered it through a coffee filter to remove the insoluble solids. Now the closed mason jar sits in the refrigerator for 24 hours, hopefully growing beautiful red crystals as the solution cools. But I may need to evaporate some of the spirit for the solution to become over saturated and crystal growth to begin.

The Dry Path Dry_Path_1.5liters_1year
While I wait to see if crystals will actually be extracted from that calcined powder, I begin work evaporating another 1.5 liters of "philosophical dew" which has been sitting in a 2 liter reagent jar for over a year. In the above photo, a great deal of precipitant can be seen on the bottom which slowly formed over the last year. Although it appears this batch will produce a great deal of powder, and therefor maybe an enormous quantity of the precious red crystals I'm after, appearances are deceiving in this case; there won't be much powder at all. It will take dozens of batches this size to create a substantial amount of powder to work with. But first hopefully I will be able to master the process of making the red crystals; this is the only challenge in this work; the rest is child's play.

Last edited by NDC on Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:16 am; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com

The Dry Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 5:37 pm

Nick,

first of all, I want to say a great thank you for what you are sharing with us all this time. If it wasn't for your information, I would never dare to expand my experiments into the world of Alchemy. I feel really happy that at last, I begin to understand this world. It is so nice that we can produce tangible results and advance Alchemy into a science and even better that we can confirm each other through experiments and communicate on common ground.

Your inspiration about the importance of the red crystals and the ruby glass, seems to be a major breakthrough to me. It is a "theme" that appears in many processes.
As for the starting matter you are referring to in order to make the red crystals, I can confirm through my observations that it has the power to "dissolve" gold. I have made an Alkahest out of it, following similar simple processes with the one you have posted here. It dissolves gold like the tartar Alkahest does. I haven't tried to make the crystals yet but I'm sure that this path will be a complete success if followed.

I have a practical concern that I would like to share on how to work that starting matter. When distilling it, I wonder how can you tell the point when the spirit has passed "over the helm" and there comes the phlegm. I have tried to find this point by monitoring the vapors' temperature and the density of the distillate but couldn't see any difference. A source proposes to check it by taste but this is sth I still haven't found the nerve to try. I think the 1/6 figure you give in your first pic is within safe limits but I still wonder how one can tell that no phlegm has passed over.

About your second pic, I find it strange to see a red colored liquid. In my experiments it turns to orange and then goes to black.

Good luck today with the evaporation.

I wish you success and may God (or Goddess) bless you,

George
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

The Dry Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 7:14 pm

I have a feeling there is no difference between the spirit and the water, and you may be able to just evaporate this "Philosophical Dew" and then use distilled and filtered (through an activated charcoal filter) normal dew water to extract the salt form the caput mortum.

Or you might even be able to use straight up ordinary tap water for the extraction, because maybe all the power is in the salt.

But it could be the other way around, and all the power is in the spirit of the philosophical dew, and by digestion with the caput mortum, the spirit is fixed into the salt. The sole purpose of the salt could be to just fix the spirit in a way that prevents it from vaporizes away when you heat it with the metal to form the glass.

I'll try the experiment with tap water so we can deduce which of the above is the correct explanation of where the true power lies. It would be nice if the water portion of this philosophical dew is irrelevant, because then people could do this path without needing any distillation or lab equipment. All they need is the iron crucible and MAPP gas torch.

I think that's the primary reason for there being a wet path & a dry path. The wet path is for alchemists who didn't have big furnaces and were unable to melt metals. So by using the Alkahest to dissolve the metal, you achieve the same thing as melting the metal and adding the dry crystals.

My new theory is that when you dissolve gold with the Alkahest and it goes through the long digestion, ending as a blood red oil, then after heating becomes a clear glass-like substance -- this material is the exact same thing as what you get when you melt gold and do a projection on it with the red crystals. Therefor the red crystals are the Alkahest, so our previous efforts to multiply these red crystals was futile, because they aren't the stone, they are just the 'multiplier' and therefor have limited medicinal effects, but perhaps incredible spiritual effects.

I'm hoping to obtain these same red crystals from normal raw morning dew, and prove that both wet & dry methods can be achieved with dew, and the Mutus Liber actually shows both methods, not just one.

The confusion of what the stone is, the red crystals or the projection powder itself made from the metals, lies in the fact that most alchemy books instruct us to make the stone first and multiply it to full power, and then project on gold with it to make the powder of projection glass, so this makes it appear that the two are separate.

However, I now theorize the two must actually be one in the same, and by projecting the stone on gold first, you simply 'extend' the medicine, making a greater quantity of it to be used for transmutation. And if you have made the stone from another metal, like antimony, you can still then project it on gold to make the powder of projection.

But what about the fact some alchemy texts warn us the powder of projection is useless for medicinal purposes, while other books seem to say it has great power? The answer to this question lies in an overlooked technicality -- if the stone was made using red crystals or some other dry agent projected upon gold to make the ruby-glass, then this is in fact the Philosopher's Stone and Elixir of Life and is medicinal. But if the stone was made by dissolving gold in an Alkahest, which then resulted in a red crystalline substance that was projected upon more gold to make the ruby-glass, then this is NOT medicinal because it lost all it's healing powers by extending the medicine too far on more gold. By stretching it out like that, you use up all the extra power the medicine had in order to gain more material to be used for transmutations.

Last edited by NDC on Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

The Dry Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 7:18 pm

In this very moment while I'm reading your words and the answer of the Fool fireworks exploded in the sky.
And I'm crying and laughing at the same time.
Thank you thank you thank you again.

Zosimo
Back to top Go down

The Dry Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 12:56 am

Quote :
When distilling it, I wonder how can you tell the point when the spirit has passed "over the helm" and there comes the phlegm.

Try measuring the pH of the liquid in the retort. As the spirit passes out of it , it should become less alkaline.(i.e. the spirit is alkaline). I've used this method in a different process involving this liquid.

Last edited by K on Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made my idea clearer)
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

The Dry Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 1:19 am

Oh that is genius K!

And there in lies the importance of this liquid spirit -- it is slightly acidic and therefor converts the calcined dregs into a salt. If you add just plain tap water to the caput mortum dregs, it wouldn't be able to form a salt because it's not an acid.

There are a plethora of chemicals in this "Philosophical Morning Dew", especially if it was collected first thing in the morning. I believe there is more than one acid, and many types of volatile chemicals which would indeed come over *before* the water.

But I'm worried that if I calcine the resin at too high a temperature, then I will just end up with black powder, which probably won't react with the spirit to produce red crystals.
Back to top Go down

The Dry Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 1:31 am

Quote :
it is slightly acidic

Umm.. the spirit I obtained was alkaline.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

The Dry Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 2:24 am

K wrote:
the spirit I obtained was alkaline.

I was afraid you would say that, because there is a lot of ammonia in the spirit, this would certainly make sense that it's alkaline. And I've measured the pH of this "philosophical dew" before when I would mix quicklime powder with it to make an iridescent oil form on the surface, but apparently it was so long ago I forgot the pH was also slightly alkaline to begin with.

The problem with the spirit being alkaline is this means you aren't supposed to dry the resinous caput mortum to the point of calcination and incineration, because if you mix that dried powder with an alkaline water, I doubt you will obtain any kind of salt, unless of course it's some sort of alkaline salt. But a majority of what's in there is calcium phosphate, which doesn't form crystals, and doesn't change at all unless it heated strongly with carbon, at which point the calcium is liberated and free white phosphorus is released, and deadly carbon monoxide as a side product. But with all the resin present, instead of the white phosphorus igniting, it instead glows orange because it's trapped inside the resin, and you can ever write on paper with it, but then the paper bursts into flames...lol

And what is also now obvious is the fact the spirit is not made fixed by the salt since it's alkaline, which means we probably don't need the spirit at all, just the resinous caput mortum, which we can then dissolve in clean water and crystallize out the special ingredient we are looking for.

Well, in 24 hours I'll know if it's possible to form crystals from the alkaline spirit and calcined caput mortum dregs.

Immediately after I'm done with this first calcination, I'm going to begin the evaporation of 3 liters of this philosophical dew which I had sitting in a giant pickle jar for over a year! This is certainly old enough to produce plenty of what we are after, and plenty of caput mortum to experiment with, until I finally achieve the red crystals I'm looking for.
Back to top Go down

The Dry Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 4:02 am

Nick and "K", thanks for the reply. Of course, the ph paper is the chemist's tongue! I found the spirit alkaline also.

This idea of Nick that the dry path consists of "fixing" the spirit in a crystal in order to work with it in high temperature worths to be confirmed in the lab!
Back to top Go down
AB

AB

Male
Number of posts : 84

The Dry Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 9:37 am

I've had four flasks of Our Philosophical Dew (not sealed, only covered with cloth and allowed to breathe) putrefy and evaporate in gentle heat over the course of more than one year.

After only very little humidity remained in the flasks, I sealed them and circulated for a few more months, and then re-opened and allowed the Caput Mortum to dry to the point where I had to use distilled water and a wooden stick to loosen the matter from the flasks and transfer it to glasses.

I covered the glasses with cloth and allowed the water to evaporate at room temperature (warm climate with no A/C) and was left with a powder (part dark red and part light brown), which which I intuitively theorize is very similar in principle to the Sulfur & Nitre stone multipier of another Dry Path. (Or Sulfur & Salt as it is refered to in the aforementioned text)

This powder readily dissolves in distilled water, giving the water a dark red color. (I only added enough water to dissolve the matter).

IF, indeed, our Caput Mortum is all there's needed for this Work - I'm not sure at this point whether I should place the dry powder in the fridge as it is, or first re-dissolve it in water and then refrigerate to obtain the crystals... I have to check if I have enough powder to try both (-:
Back to top Go down

The Dry Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 10:31 am

Hello "AB",

Quote :
I'm not sure at this point whether I should place the dry powder in the fridge as it is, or first re-dissolve it in water and then refrigerate to obtain the crystals... I have to check if I have enough powder to try both (-:
I wonder what would you expect to get if you put the dry powder into the fridge. I think in order to get the crystals one has to dissolve the powder in water and make a supersaturated solution, either by evaporation or by dissolving as much powder as it takes into hot water and then put it in fridge.

I'm interested into all this cause I have in store some caput mortums from previous experiments.

Here is a crystallization tutorial from MIT, it may give some ideas.
Back to top Go down

The Dry Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 12:12 pm

Going trough a backup of some old files I found this..
Might be of interest for you guys.
Book 1 is pretty easy to understand.. but I don't understand book 2 yet.
Download book 1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T3Y82AC1
Download book 2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y2X5BO7Z
Back to top Go down

The Dry Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 11:50 am

Quote :
Going trough a backup of some old files I found this..
Might be of interest for you guys.

Interesting book. In the first page, it seems to me that he mixes dew with some "water of life". Hmm.

The second book shows how the man was created I think.
Back to top Go down

The Dry Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 12:43 pm

Actually, the second book shows that an old man was made young again.. But that's about all understand from it so far.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

The Dry Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 4:13 pm

Quote :

I think I know what the agents are. But how do I mix them. Either of these , on melting, gives off poisonous fumes and turns to gas instead of mixing.I could obtain only a minuscule quantity of red solid, the rest of it vaporized.
Any hints on how to mix them?
Another question : Is it essential to obtain these 'agents' from a natural source?

I'm not going to allow the discussion of the path that uses those 2 chemical agents to make the red crystals. All I will say is that it's not nitre and sulfur. And I haven't been able to produce any significant quantity of projection powder using that method, so it's a waste of time to discuss it anyway. Most people would fail at producing anything, and would then blame their failure on me, just like they do with every process I offer. So I've learned to stop sharing these other little projects of mine with the general public.

I only mentioned it so that people will be aware that such a path does indeed exist, and they should look for it when doing their research.
Back to top Go down
AB

AB

Male

The Dry Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 8:54 am

NDC wrote:
But it could be the other way around, and all the power is in the spirit of the philosophical dew, and by digestion with the caput mortum, the spirit is fixed into the salt. The sole purpose of the salt could be to just fix the spirit in a way that prevents it from vaporizing away when you heat it with the metal to form the glass.

Exactly! The volatile Salt contained within the spirit is thus made incarnated and fixed in the Salt matrix (-:

NDC wrote:
Therefore the red crystals are the Alkahest, so our previous efforts to multiply these red crystals was futile, because they aren't the stone, they are just the 'multiplier' and therefor have limited medicinal effects, but perhaps incredible spiritual effects.

Now I undersatand what you mean that you can't "multiply" the red crystals - however, as experience has taught me, they are not yet completely fixed after the first evaporation, so more imbibations with new Mercurial Water are necessary to re-open the crystals and then further fix the incarnation as they coagulate again. (see 'Chemical Moonshine')

After the first crystalization, I hand-picked some of the small crystals and noticed them to be different from one another. Most of them ranging between orange and red, while at the edges of the spectrum there were a few blood-red shiny ones (actually shining like precious ruby stones when exposed to light) and also a few which were still quite clear and almost colorless. I believe this is an indicator of how much Volatile Sulfur actually managed to incarnate and become fixed in each crystal.

Once I'm done with a few more re-crystalizations, I will experiment with exposing one of my batches to dry in direct sunlight to evaporate any volatile components that may still be present, since there will be no more danger to lose what is already fixed.

NDC wrote:
But what about the fact some alchemy texts warn us the powder of projection is useless for medicinal purposes, while other books seem to say it has great power? The answer to this question lies in an overlooked technicality -- if the stone was made using red crystals or some other dry agent projected upon gold to make the ruby-glass, then this is in fact the Philosopher's Stone and Elixir of Life and is medicinal.

The way I see it, the powder of projection in its first state may be poisonous for human ingestion, unless the Elixir is extracted from its crystaline matrix with a Spirit, which is then separated from the crystals and afterwards evaporated to leave behind the Elixir. The extracting spirit should ideally be free of any salts (fixed or volatile) and may theoretically be obtained from wine, dew or any other Philosophical Water (this is based on the knowledge extracted from Starkey's 'Elixir of Volatile Salt').
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

The Dry Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 4:29 pm

The stone is very similar to the Powder of Projection because they are both in fact the same glass-like substance. The only difference is that when you project the stone onto more gold, it makes more of the glass-like material, but all of the power of the stone has been used up to convert the gold to more glass. The powder of projection isn't actually required for transmutations, it just enables you to extend the stone so you can have more of the glass-like material made from gold, but it then has no use for human consumption.
Back to top Go down

The Dry Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:12 pm

Hi Nick,

I was wondering if you managed to produce this red crystals. Like you said you would but "forgot" to post about it.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
AB

AB

Male

The Dry Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:36 am

Hi Oscar,

The crystals are real. I haven't yet specified and tested them, because I want to make a larger quantity first, and also observe what effect the multiplication in quantity has on them, once there is a 'starter'. I can tell you that they range from relatively clear to ruby-like red, they are slightly unctuous and that they have a subtle but sweet and penetrating fragrance.

One more thing - I haven't used the method from "Potpourri Alchemia", but rather a much more natural method, which hardly involves any work, and NO distillation. Look up my other posts in this regard.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

The Dry Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 2:02 am

Oscar wrote:
I was wondering if you managed to produce this red crystals. Like you said you would but "forgot" to post about it.

I didn't forget. I still fully intend to keep updating the original post of this thread with photos all the way to the glowing stone from silver, and the one from gold I will save for the book, as well as the ones bismuth and antimony. The one from antimony is actually an oil, and the one from bismuth looks much prettier than the one from gold, because it glows with a strong violet/red glimmer instead of the soft orange ember-like glow of the stone from gold.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

The Dry Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 2:09 am

AB wrote:
The crystals are real. I haven't yet specified and tested them

Which crystals are you talking about? The ones you describe above in your previous posts? Have you encased them in beeswax and tried to project them on an equal weight of silver or gold yet? It's very easy to let them go up in smoke and all is lost unless you do it right. You need to keep stirring the gold/silver for a long time with an iron rod while you wait for the changes to take effect. If you just throw the ball of wax in the molten metal and wait for it to change the metal into the glass, it won't do anything.
Back to top Go down
AB

AB

Male

The Dry Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 3:16 am

NDC wrote:
Which crystals are you talking about? The ones you describe above in your previous posts?

Yes

NDC wrote:
Have you encased them in beeswax and tried to project them on an equal weight of silver or gold yet?

No, not yet. I've already made an iron crucible for the projection, but I still need to get decent scales to weigh the materials and a high temperature torch to melt the gold/silver. I also need to make more crystals first, so I have enough to experiment with various projections and medicinal extractions.

NDC wrote:
It's very easy to let them go up in smoke and all is lost unless you do it right. You need to keep stirring the gold/silver for a long time with an iron rod while you wait for the changes to take effect. If you just throw the ball of wax in the molten metal and wait for it to change the metal into the glass, it won't do anything.

Thank you so much for the tip! I would have probably done it wrong (-:

I am also currently in the process of making a batch with Gold added to the Mercurial Water from the beginning, so the Gold is opened by the Water and joined with the crystals as they are forming. I hope to end up with the Powder of Projection in one go, without the need to go through high temperature melting to make the glass. Time will tell...

Check out the following paragraph from Philalethes:

"Our Stone is produced from one thing, and four mercurial substances, of which one is mature; the others pure, but crude, two of them being extracted in a wonderful manner from their ore by means of the third. The four are amalgamated by the intervention of a gentle fire, and there subjected to coction day by day, until they all become one by natural (not manual) conjunction."

The 'mature' substance probably refers to mature (metallic) gold (or silver). The two 'crude' substances probably refer to the fixed salt and to the sulfur (volatile salt) in Our Water, which are being extracted by the 'third' substance (the mercurial spirit contained in Our Water) and are gradualy conjoined/coagulated (married and fixed) while the 'third' substance evaporates naturally, along with all heterogenous superfluities (in the gentle heat of a summer's day).

There is no black/white/red color sequence when you're just making the crystals - but I suspect we are likely to encounter this sequence if we throw the mature (metallic) Gold in the mixture at the very beginning.
Back to top Go down

The Dry Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:39 pm

AB wrote:
Hi Oscar,

The crystals are real. I haven't yet specified and tested them, because I want to make a larger quantity first, and also observe what effect the multiplication in quantity has on them, once there is a 'starter'. I can tell you that they range from relatively clear to ruby-like red, they are slightly unctuous and that they have a subtle but sweet and penetrating fragrance.

One more thing - I haven't used the method from "Potpourri Alchemia", but rather a much more natural method, which hardly involves any work, and NO distillation. Look up my other posts in this regard.

Hi AB,

Thanks for you post, but do you have any photos ? ....

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AB

AB

Male

The Dry Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 2:24 pm

Oscar wrote:
Hi AB,

Thanks for you post, but do you have any photos ? ....

I feel the crystals are not complete yet. They are currently undergoing further imbibations with fresh Philosophical Water, to open them, re-crystalize and further fix them, while simultaneously growing in quantity. Several more imbibations, possibly even up to 7, may be necessary until I am satisfied. Only then will I consider posting photos.

Please note that I am working based on both study and Idea.
Back to top Go down

The Dry Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 7:57 pm

study and Idea , hey I like the way you wrote that! Hey I have a question for you AB. When you imbibe your crystals with more of our water do they dissolve or no?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Dry Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dry Path
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next