The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alchemical Jewelry made by me

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

Alchemical Jewelry made by me Empty
PostSubject: Alchemical Jewelry made by me   Alchemical Jewelry made by me Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:18 pm

Hey Guys,
Some of you may have seen on the homepage to the Alchemy-Illuminated.com website that I'm going to be selling jewelry which I've crafted myself. I've been doing it on eBay for nearly 3 months now, and since I don't ship internationally, sales have come to a slow crawl. I basically ran out of buyers.

So the next logical step is to move it to my website, and then eBay won't get an 11% cut either, since I'll be selling it directly from the website. Then eventually I'll make an entire website devoted to the jewelry and other things, like homemade candles, incense, and soap, as well as my artwork.

All of my jewelry items go beyond just something you wear, because I cast over 30 spells on each one from own personal Book of Shadows -- the spells are all my own, written by me, and entered into the book only after proving they worked. Of course the words of a spell don't really have anything to do with the outcome, but a Book of Shadows helps to empower your own spells and give them a "concrete" reality. I also write using dragon's blood ink and a quill feather pen. This helps to give the words a special place in your mind. Plus it's amazing how much better I am with words when using a feather quill -- feels like so many lifetimes before this one, all we used was quill pens because there was nothing else.

Anyway, I've been hesitant to add my jewelry items to the website because most people say it might decrease sales of the alchemy books if people see that I'm a "wacko" who does spell casting. But once somebody actually tries wearing one of my rings or amulets for a few weeks, they become believers. One man on the very first night of meditating with the free candles and incense I include, was pushed down into his bed by a spirit! How's that for proof? lol

Not everyone has been having instant results, but those who do their daily meditations seem to be quite pleased. I have repeat customers who have ordered 5 times already! I package all my items very nicely with red and black paper, and red cellophane wrapping. It's been quite a success on eBay, but with the alchemy community I'm sure the low-lifes will use this as another way to attack the credibility of my work.

But the way I see it is this -- only 1 in 10 people actually pay for my book, the rest get the eBook version for free, and most of the people interested in the book aren't the scientific type --- they are the spiritual type that would LOVE to have a hand crafted piece of professional quality jewelry from me. And with all the free gifts I include, I make darn sure I'm the only person my customers ever want to buy "enchanted" jewelry from.

The fact is that I'm not just an alchemist, and I was into the "Craft" before I was interested in alchemy. And without the powers I obtained in the Craft, I doubt I would have succeeded with alchemy. It was a very narrow window of opportunity that I slipped through to find the correct paths to the stone, and I do believe I owe it all to the power of mind over matter.

So far I've sold over 50 items, but I've only made about 20 rings with the wire wrapping method, and 10 amulets. For the custom rings, I have photos of all the gemstones I currently have in stock, and people can choose which stone they want, what size ring they want, what spells, and what wrapping style. Or they can choose between 5 different ring shanks that are made of normal sterling silver, and I can set the stone in that ring shank. I made that available mainly because the males didn't like my wire wrapped rings -- they complained that they look to feminine. But I also have a 2nd style with a thicker ring band. You can see examples of both below. I do mostly cabochon stones, but I've also done faceted garnets as you can see.

Alchemical Jewelry made by me EBay_vampire_item_35_a
Alchemical Jewelry made by me EBay_vampire_item_35_b
Alchemical Jewelry made by me EBay_vampire_item_35_c
Alchemical Jewelry made by me EBay_vampire_item_37_a
Alchemical Jewelry made by me EBay_vampire_item_37_b
Alchemical Jewelry made by me EBay_vampire_item_37_h

I'll have many more examples on the jewerly sales page. This babies aren't cheap though -- it takes between 4.5 and 6 feet of Argentiun sterling silver wire to make each ring! And Argentium is even more expensive than fine .999 silver because it contains germanium to help make it tarnish proof. It's so shiny already that it doesn't even need to be polished like normal sterling silver, but I still polish each one before I send it out. The normal prices for these rings is anywhere from $50 to $75 each. And those are just my prices -- everyone else doing this style of wire wrapping charges at least $80 per ring, and for the gold wire rings, you don't even wanna know how much they charge for those.

I only work with silver because it's the metal for psychic ability and for using with gemstone energies. Plus gold just look too cheesy in my opinion -- looks like the person is just trying to show off their money.

For the amulets, it's usually about $40, even though the stone is much larger, usually 40x30mm, and a lot of wire has to be used, and it's even harder than wrapping the rings.

Eventually I'll also be casting my own ring shanks since there is only about 5 bucks worth of silver in them, but I have to pay $20 for each ring shank right now. Then I'll be decorating them using the soldering method, and I'll be a true Artisan craftsman!

Alchemical Jewelry made by me EBay_vampire_item_56_b
Alchemical Jewelry made by me EBay_vampire_item_56_f
Alchemical Jewelry made by me EBay_vampire_item_56_h
This is the "male" style design. But I used a few too many wires and a larger gauge than I was supposed to (20 instead of 24), so the wires are crowding the face of the stone a bit too much. Also the central 4 wires of the band that form the braided "Celtic" design will be replaced with a single flat decorative wire that with a design stamped or molded onto the face. It took 14 five to six inch wires, sitting side by side to make that ring. The normal design only takes 4 wires. So it was ridiculously difficult. Using one flat design wire as the central wire instead of 4 braided wires would certainly make everything easier, plus I'll be able to let the customers choose which design they want for the center.

It's really gone be a beautiful thing, and people might talk trash about the spell casting part, but I think all the photos of my work will speak for themselves, and most people will respect me even more, not less, like so many people have warned me.

I simply refuse to sell just "normal" jewelry when I have the power to "enchant" it. Elixirs can also be made from the different gemstones I use in the rings, and the best part is the silver sterilizes the water and kills bacteria while the elixir is being made over a 24 hour period. You just drop the ring in a bottle of drinking water, then let it sit for 24 hours. You place it in the sun during the day, and the moonlight at night, then you have yourself a potent elixir, which if taken daily, can really do wonders depending on the stone type used.

Some stones have unbelievable powers, like SPINEL which is the gemstone of immortality! Helps you look younger and more attractive, and rejuvenates you!

Then there's also a stone called SERENDIBITE, and can you guess what it does? That's right, it actually creates serendipity in your life! It makes you be in the right place at the right time to make awesome new discoveries! It's a very rare stone, and in rough form it only comes as pieces smaller than 10mm round, and faceted form even smaller. I bought one for $20 + $5 S&H which I'm going to set into a ring. The rough pieces I bought will be wire wrapped and included in some of my amulets. The same goes for the Spinel. I haven't been able to get a faceted Spinel yet because the people buying these rares stones are vicious little bastards! They sneak in a higher bid during the last seconds of thee auction, so I can never win!
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
Kirk

Kirk

Male
Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Alchemical Jewelry made by me   Alchemical Jewelry made by me Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 9:56 pm

Hey Nick!
Nice craftwork, a labour of love no doubt and so much silver wire.
Kudos on the private sales and whatever you decide for the future, it's your
deal, you call it the way you wish. I'm sure you've meditated upon it.

Peace and Love
Back to top Go down
ramen

ramen

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Alchemical Jewelry made by me   Alchemical Jewelry made by me Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 7:42 pm

Your rings look great, Nick! Very professional!

I know people who have had success with the following two jewelry making suppliers. The first seems to be more oriented towards professional jewelry makers, while the second seems to be more oriented towards people who do it as a hobby. Both sell to the public and accept small orders, and both carry spinell.

http://www.riogrande.com/
http://www.firemountaingems.com/

- ramen
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Alchemical Jewelry made by me   Alchemical Jewelry made by me Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 3:22 pm

Well, I've now upgraded my webstore several times before I've even opened it. I thought I was just going to start a simple page on the alchemy-illuminated website, but through some serendipitous coincidences, I found a website for setting up a store, then upgraded from a free subdomain to dot com, then updated from a free template to an nicer professional looking template I had to pay for. I would have actually loved to design the site myself, writing all the code myself, but time is a factor here, so I had to go the fast and easy route. Plus I just felt like I was supposed to use this website store making service because of the way I found it by strange circumstances.

It's looking really good now, and I've added enough pages to go ahead and open it sometime today, once I do a little more work on it. I always been updating it with more and more inventory, so anyone interested in it will see it grow drastically in the next few months, from a tiny little shop to a rather massive store with everything spiritual you could image in it, and a lot of the jewelry wil be made by me, especially once I learn to work with the silver soldering method. Casting my own ring shanks would be nice since it would only cost about $5 per ring shank instead of the $15 to $20 I pay right now, but I think at first I'll just start with the blank shanks and decorate them with the soldering technique. I've bought some rings from Israel that were very nicely done using simple soldering techniques, but they just needed a better polishing. Luckily I know the secret to using the rock tumbler with specially shaped stainless steel shot and a little water and dish soap to bring the silver to a mirror like shine in only 1/2 hour.

When you solder silver, it tends to become white around the soldered areas, and their jewelry has a lot of that white oxidation all over it. After throwing it in the rock tumbler though, I'm sure it comes out nice a beautiful. I already have the shot, now I'm waiting on the 6 pounds tumbler to arrive, which is hopefully in working condition. The other one I was looking at didn't come with a belt for the motor, and those cost like $20 each, so it would be nice if the one I bought is fully functional already.

Anyway, I hope you guys who are members here and all the readers of this forum come take a look at the new store, especially right when it opens since all the "one time only" items might be gone in the next couple days. I'll try to be buying everything in bulk quantities so I don't have to remove the listing as soon as a person buys it, and refund everyone else who bought the same thing before I had a chance to take it off the website.

I'll be adding everything I possibly can to the store over the coming months, since I love to collect all sort of gemstone items especially, and keep them for a long time until someone decided to buy them. It's bitter sweet to see so many items go through your hands. I have my entire store inventory sitting on a table right here next to me, and it's bizarre to look at all the items and think of them all going to different houses around the country.

I won't be doing international orders right away, because I fear that would be too many packages to deal with at once, so at first I'll be offering to USA citizens. If sales don't go anywhere, then I'll go ahead and offer shipping to the UK, Canada, and Europe. Shipping within the states is free, but internationally shipping charges will apply to those living abroad. Flat rate shipping to the UK and Europe for a small box is only $12, but for a medium box, it's over $40! That's ridiculous! But for the UK, every british pound is equal to about $1.44 USD, so you see how insane the conversion rate is?

The exception to this rule is for members of this forum who live in other countries --- you are all okay to buy whatever you want, and I'll invoice you the shipping, but I won't make you pay the entire shipping fee yourself. Probably just $6 if it's a small package. I like to include a ridiculous amount of free gifts, but international orders with the small box obviously won't be able to hold as much as the 7 inch square box I usually use for small orders within the states. The small flat rate box is about the size of an old VHS tape we used to use back in the 90s. lol

Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alchemical Jewelry made by me   Alchemical Jewelry made by me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alchemical Jewelry made by me
Page 1 of 1