The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GW putrefaction - two different modes?

Go down 
+5
Thanatos
NDC
Kirk
Frank
ramen
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ramen

ramen

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-05-17

GW putrefaction - two different modes? Empty
PostSubject: GW putrefaction - two different modes?   GW putrefaction - two different modes? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 5:22 pm

As I have worked with GW, I have noticed that there appears to be two distinct "modes" or "paths" that the putrefaction process can take. I will call them the "acid" and the "alkaline" modes.

I propose that these modes are important because the chemical makeup of the putrefied GW is different, depending on which mode occurs. This could be one of the reasons why some people succeed and others fail when performing the GW methods.

If the "acid" putrefaction mode occurs, the putrefied GW will have a strong acid smell and will have an acidic pH (in the area of 5-6).

If the "alkaline" putrefaction mode occurs, the putrefied GW will have an ammonia smell and will have an alkaline pH (well above 7).

Those who use cloth diapers on their babies have experience with these two putrefaction modes. Some diaper pails have the normal excrement smell one would expect. This smell, while not pleasant, is endurable. I propose that these diaper pails are experiencing the "acid" mode of putrefaction. Other diaper pails, much to the chagrin of the parents, are cursed with the "ammonia problem". The diaper pail generates huge amounts of ammonia - enough to make a person's eyes water and make it hard to breathe. This makes the job of cleaning the diapers almost intolerable. (When I was a kid, a younger sibling had the ammonia problem. It's been more than 30 years, and I still remember the ammonia fumes - it felt like my sinuses were on fire!)

As one would expect, there is a lot of discussion among the cloth diaper crowd about how the ammonia problem can be prevented. The solution involves reducing the alkalis and increasing the acids. Alkaline detergent residues are washed from the diapers and neutralized by using acids like vinegar. The baby's \"philosophical dew\" is then acidified by dietary means, including giving the baby vitamin C (acetic acid).

In other words, whether GW putrefies in the "acid" or "alkaline" mode can be at least partially controlled by diet, because diet affects the pH of the GW.

A certain passage from John French's "The Art of Distillation" has been posted several times on this forum when discussing various GW processes... "SPIRIT OF Ph. Dew IS MADE THUS - Take of the Ph. Dew of a young man drinking much wine as much as you please. Let it stand in glass vessels in putrefaction forty days. Then pouring it from its feces, distill it in a glass gourd in sand until all be dry. Then cohobate the said spirit on the caput mortuary three times...".

The phrase "young man drinking much wine" is intriguing. Wine and other alcoholic beverages are powerful \"philosophical dew\" acidifiers. But why a *young* man? Perhaps because young men generally drank lower quality wines, which were aged less, so the tartar had less time to crystallize out? Tartar is also quite acidic, and would acidify the \"philosophical dew\" even more. Such \"philosophical dew\" would almost certainly experience an "acid" putrefaction, without the creation of ammonia.

So, when John French specifies "young man drinking much wine", perhaps he is telling us that the "acid" mode of putrefaction is preferred, or perhaps even required...

While the putrefaction mode can be controlled via diet, I believe that the storage conditions during putrefaction also have an effect. I have reason to believe that the "alkaline" mode requires plenty of atmospheric oxygen. Perhaps the ammonia-producing bacteria are aerobic. If so, then putrefying the GW in sealed containers would favor the "acid" mode, while putrefying with access to air would favor the "alkaline" mode.

My GW putrefies in the "acid" mode, probably because I take vitamin C for health reasons, and because I putrefy in sealed containers. I have not gotten to the stage where I can see if I get red crystals or not, so I have not conclusively determined if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Is there anybody out there who is seeing the "alkaline" mode of putrefaction? (If you are, the ammonia smell will be very obvious - impossible to ignore, even.) Did you putrefy in open or closed containers? Does this putrefied GW produce the desired red crystals in the refrigerator?

Thanks!

- ramen

IAOhohenheim likes this post

Back to top Go down
Frank

Frank

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2010-02-12

PostSubject: Re: GW putrefaction - two different modes?   GW putrefaction - two different modes? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 6:50 am

Hi Ramen,

thanks for your intelligent posts. I like the scientific/logical way in which you tackle problems.

Quote :
But why a *young* man? Perhaps because young men generally drank lower quality wines, which were aged less, so the tartar had less time to crystallize out?

Young men have normally better kidneys so more poisons like uric acid and urea are excreted.

Most people especially in those days were eating meats and cereals in excess which would result in an acid GW pH. (The right ratio of acid to alkaline is 20 to 80% as you can read from Edgar Cayce, the sleeping prophet which gives an alkaline GW pH.)

When you leave GW to putrify carbon dioxide forms along with ammonia. The spirit of "philosophical dew" we distil off consists of a dissolution of ammonia and ammonium carbonate in water.

Potassium and Calcium tartrates are sure acid in solution. But I am not sure whether they are getting burned up in the system as most vegetables and fruits do to form an alkaline GW pH because they are salts of an organic acid.

I putrify GW and dew in containers that are covered with a thin cotton sheet and get crystals from them which are yellow, red and dark red with a brownish hue.

Frank
Smile
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male
Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: GW putrefaction - two different modes?   GW putrefaction - two different modes? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 3:54 pm

Hi Frank and Ramen,

Been re-reading some posts and trying to get a handle on the PH topic. The 3 major tests I did this year all involved GW putrefying for periods of 2,4 and 7 months. All in coffee filter covered jars, in the basement in cool and warm places (all dark).

Using only natural heat or the suns' heat to evapourate. This was not tried as a new method, it's just one cannot distill the stuff in ones house unless they live alone or with another seeker. It is just too nasty.

But my confusion comes with the PH level of these liquids. Especially with the 3rd and last of those samples. It became very ammonia like, very sharp with a PH of 10, which produce my Blue Sulphate. I figured this was due to its corrosive nature: which means Acid? or Alkaline?

I guess I thought it was an Acidic level which created the Sulphate.

Need more theory

IAOhohenheim likes this post

Back to top Go down
ramen

ramen

PostSubject: Re: GW putrefaction - two different modes?   GW putrefaction - two different modes? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:20 am

Kirk wrote:
Hi Frank and Ramen,

But my confusion comes with the PH level of these liquids. Especially with the 3rd and last of those samples. It became very ammonia like, very sharp with a PH of 10, which produce my Blue Sulphate. I figured this was due to its corrosive nature: which means Acid? or Alkaline?

I guess I thought it was an Acidic level which created the Sulphate.

Kirk, copper dissolves in strong ammonia solutions to form a beautiful dark-blue complex - which is about the color of cobalt glass. It's called tetraamminediaquacopper dihydroxide, or Schweizer's Reagent, and has a formula of [Cu(NH3)4(H2O)2](OH)2. Officially, it is formed when you make solutions of copper (II) ions alkaline by adding ammonia. However, I have also formed it by slowly dissolving copper wire in household ammonia. Unless you heat it, it takes days to happen, but it's neat to see the ammonia slowly darkening over time.

The copper-ammonia complex is a MUCH stronger (and deeper) blue than copper sulfate solutions, which are rather weakly colored, and more of a sky-blue color, unless heated to make very concentrated solutions.

This link explains the reactions under the Reactions of hexaaquacopper(II) ions with ammonia solution heading, and gives color comparisons between copper sulfate solutions and copper-ammonia complex solutions.

As far as pH testing goes, a super easy trick to see if a solution is acid or not is to take a small sample of the solution and stir in some baking soda. If it bubbles, fizzes, or foams, your solution is an acid. The more vigorous the foaming, the more acidic the solution is. Try it with lemon juice or vinegar!

If your solution smells strongly of ammonia, it's alkaline. Acidic solutions of ammonium ions don't have the ammonia smell. Note that a solution does not need to be acidic in order to dissolve metal. You should see what lye solutions do to zinc, aluminum, and magnesium!

If hunger is the best sauce, then the best food to put that sauce on is...

- ramen
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: GW putrefaction - two different modes?   GW putrefaction - two different modes? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 1:35 am

I have said it before and I'll say it again -- trying to understand the Alkahest from a chemical perspective is futile because the chemicals present are irrelevant. Proof of which is done by making the Alkahest from morning dew that has been distilled and tested to contain nothing but water, and yet still dissolves gold somehow.

The same is true for the "golden water". It won't matter about the pH or the chemical makeup of the golden water. All that maters in the astral energy it contains.

It would be nice if there were some chemical explanation to how the Alkahest works, but their isn't. Yet with golden water perhaps it's not a total waste to examine the chemical makeup since it still might matter what chemicals are used in it, much like it matters what acids are used for making the stone via the Volpierre method with sulfuric acid + hydrochloric acid + stibnite and iron filings.

The Volpierre method demonstrates that acid can indeed be used to make the stone without using a true Alkahest, and the golden water method also probably isn't a true Alkahest dissolution of gold, but partially or entirely chemical in nature. But since nobody has discovered a chemical in the golden water that should be capable of dissolving gold, it would appear to be a true Philosophical Solvent the same way fermented morning dew is.

Yet I wish I had just left the golden water method out of my book entirely because people have wasted so much time with it, and haven't gotten any further than working with dew. And the dew is such a better path with true beauty in the way it comes from the celestial heavens and stars, and manifest itself down on earth every morning at the most beautiful time of the day, sunrise.

In the 3rd edition I'll probably remove the golden water and replace it with the Volpierre path which I'm now photographing and video recording. I may even do a time-lapse video since my camera has that function as well. I can just leave the camera plugged in so it doesn't rely on batteries, and keep the camera on the entire time. But I like using the camera for other thing as well, and the Volpierre method is extremely long.

The quality of video on this new camera is higher than DVD and can only be seen in it's true beauty on an HDTV which I'm also going to buy, yet even the HDTV can't display the full quality of the photos this camera can take, which are nearly double the resolution of HDTV! wow!

And the video takes up a lot of space -- the 16GB of internal memory on the camera can only record about 150mins at full resolution. And the maximum capacity of a removable memory card you can use is 32GB, which would normally be enough for hundreds of videos, but it's only enough for 300mins of high definition video. And sadly when I upload the videos to the internet the quality will have to be greatly reduced, but I plan to make some DVDs also, and yet still those are 100% of the quality the camera has recorded. It's almost a waste to even record at full resolution, but the benefit is that I can extract a photo at any moment during the video when I watch it, and the photo will be high definition. Plus when I plug the camera directly into my HDTV, I'll be able to watch the videos in full quality.

Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
Thanatos

Thanatos

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-08-09

PostSubject: Re: GW putrefaction - two different modes?   GW putrefaction - two different modes? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 12:52 am

Interestingly enough Nick, I have had the notion of attempting the same thing, whence I succeed with this great work both in my minds eye as well as in practice. In fact, I mentioned the idea of doing a time lapse of the whole work from beginning to end to a very good friend of mine who's career and life dream is with film...

One mind?

Interesting as we get closer to the shift in Octaves with the Harmonic Concordance.

Love and Light.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: GW putrefaction - two different modes?   GW putrefaction - two different modes? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:23 pm

I just realized that you can get an brand new HD disc burner for fairly cheap on eBay, so I'll be buying one for the new desktop PC I'm currently building.

Also I can just take photos each day of the flask by setting the camera in exactly the same location each time, and it will create a time lapse video effect just the same as using the time lapse feature.

I watching the beginning of the movie "Rules of Attraction" and I liked how they used time lapse recording for a single leaf turning different colors then falling to the ground and decaying down to nothing.

I also found lots of 3D modeling software on eBay for really cheap so I can make photo-realistic humans for my videos and other 3D animation that looks very realistic. It should help take the videos beyond just boring recording of laboratory processes and turn them into awesome artwork! I'm so excited to get started mixing all these videos and making something beautiful to show the spiritual side of alchemy in conjunction with the laboratory work.

Those of us who have fallen so deeply and madly in love with alchemy have an incredibly creative and artistic perspective on what outsiders can only see as nothing but boring chemistry experiments. We see the beauty in the work of alchemy because it's a hidden science behind the creation of all life in the universe, and therefore it has a supreme importance.

And it really sucks to see this drastic contrast between real alchemists like us here in this forum, and the random people who email me to complain about how they don't want to go through all the trouble of learning and reading boring alchemy books and so they beg me to give them the elixir or sell it to them. People who find my book and don't know anything about alchemy are the ones who don't see the beauty in alchemy and have no appreciation for it's importance what-so-ever and they're tough to deal with. It's very hard for me to even bring myself to answer their emails when they don't even care about alchemy but want the treasures it holds.

Much like a person walking into a room filled with artists and wanting a portrait done of themselves, but then a photographer is present also so they decide to just get a photo taken instead, because they don't care about art. In much the same way, most of the people who find my book would much rather just pay someone to make the elixir for them so they can just have it instantly. They fail to see the value in the process of alchemy itself, and they assume the only point is the end product.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: GW putrefaction - two different modes?   GW putrefaction - two different modes? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 12:40 am

Well said Nick.
Back to top Go down
SonofSol

SonofSol

Male
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: GW putrefaction - two different modes?   GW putrefaction - two different modes? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 6:22 am

Amen Nick...
Back to top Go down
ramen

ramen

PostSubject: Re: GW putrefaction - two different modes?   GW putrefaction - two different modes? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 12:13 am

∴N.D.C∴ wrote:

Yet I wish I had just left the golden water method out of my book entirely because people have wasted so much time with it, and haven't gotten any further than working with dew. And the dew is such a better path with true beauty in the way it comes from the celestial heavens and stars, and manifest itself down on earth every morning at the most beautiful time of the day, sunrise.

In the 3rd edition I'll probably remove the golden water and replace it with the Volpierre path which I'm now photographing and video recording...

Nick, your Nov 8 post (some of which is quoted above) makes me think that nobody you know (in the forum, etc) has succeeded in making the Stone using any of the GW paths. Is that true?

Have you succeeded in making the Stone using a GW path?

If not, I will probably stop spending so much time on GW and start working on dew instead, even though I live in an area where dew collection is difficult (very low humidity). It would be nice to work on alch without having to wear a swimmer's nose clip, though...

Thanks!

- ramen
Back to top Go down
Acalana

Acalana

Female
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2018-01-06

PostSubject: Re: GW putrefaction - two different modes?   GW putrefaction - two different modes? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2023 4:22 pm

∴N.D.C∴ wrote:
I have said it before and I'll say it again -- trying to understand the Alkahest from a chemical perspective is futile because the chemicals present are irrelevant. Proof of which is done by making the Alkahest from morning dew that has been distilled and tested to contain nothing but water, and yet still dissolves gold somehow.

The same is true for the "golden water". It won't matter about the pH or the chemical makeup of the golden water. All that maters in the astral energy it contains.

It would be nice if there were some chemical explanation to how the Alkahest works, but their isn't. Yet with golden water perhaps it's not a total waste to examine the chemical makeup since it still might matter what chemicals are used in it, much like it matters what acids are used for making the stone via the Volpierre method with sulfuric acid + hydrochloric acid + stibnite and iron filings.

The Volpierre method demonstrates that acid can indeed be used to make the stone without using a true Alkahest, and the golden water method also probably isn't a true Alkahest dissolution of gold, but partially or entirely chemical in nature. But since nobody has discovered a chemical in the golden water that should be capable of dissolving gold, it would appear to be a true Philosophical Solvent the same way fermented morning dew is.

In the 3rd edition I'll probably remove the golden water and replace it with the Volpierre path which I'm now photographing and video recording.  I may even do a time-lapse video since my camera has that function as well. I can just leave the camera plugged in so it doesn't rely on batteries, and keep the camera on the entire time. But I like using the camera for other thing as well, and the Volpierre method is extremely long.

The quality of video on this new camera is higher than DVD and can only be seen in it's true beauty on an HDTV which I'm also going to buy, yet even the HDTV can't display the full quality of the photos this camera can take, which are nearly double the resolution of HDTV! wow!

And the video takes up a lot of space -- the 16GB of internal memory on the camera can only record about 150mins at full resolution. And the maximum capacity of a removable memory card you can use is 32GB, which would normally be enough for hundreds of videos, but it's only enough for 300mins of high definition video. And sadly when I upload the videos to the internet the quality will have to be greatly reduced, but I plan to make some DVDs also, and yet still those are 100% of the quality the camera has recorded. It's almost a waste to even record at full resolution, but the benefit is that I can extract a photo at any moment during the video when I watch it, and the photo will be high definition. Plus when I plug the camera directly into my HDTV, I'll be able to watch the videos in full quality.

Back to top Go down
Acalana

Acalana

Female

PostSubject: Re: GW putrefaction - two different modes?   GW putrefaction - two different modes? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2023 4:24 pm

They cant be more obvious nowadays to go around offing people makes it pretty obvious

But i kinda feel like demons sent someone to kill nick
He probably owed money to whomever had him killed.

If anything happens to ME

Then you’ll know its too obvious

If i get anymore demons who try anything stupid again

Then the one thing those demons are afraid of most will come true
(Proof of their existence)

The fact that they even tried anything at all is why I am even here.
If they try anything again
Things will only get even worse for them.

No fear here and everything you hate and have tried to kill and remove our entire existence off this planet

But I am still here
And even worse
I know the whole truth
Back to top Go down
Acalana

Acalana

Female

PostSubject: Re: GW putrefaction - two different modes?   GW putrefaction - two different modes? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2023 4:29 pm

Last edited by Acalana on Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Acalana

Acalana

Female

PostSubject: Re: GW putrefaction - two different modes?   GW putrefaction - two different modes? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2023 4:36 pm

Apollos color is blue
flower
Back to top Go down
tAlchemist

tAlchemist

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2017-08-28

PostSubject: Re: GW putrefaction - two different modes?   GW putrefaction - two different modes? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2023 5:04 pm

Acalana wrote:
They cant be more obvious nowadays to go around offing people makes it pretty obvious

No fear here and everything you hate and have tried to kill and remove our entire existence off this planet

But I am still here
And even worse
I know the whole truth
You say they can't be anymore obvious then say that you feel like demons sent someone to kill Nick?

What the sdhdsf. Reason I'm replying is to maybe give everybody something to think about.

DIFFERENTIATE between KNOWING and belief, even superstitious ones.

What you feel, a lot of times are subjective, the feeling goes away, and with some new feeling taking its place all of a sudden people are thinking about the same stuff differently.

For example, look at the same thing with hate. Then with passion and love.

Instead of seeing all the bad maybe you start to see all the good.

Then you might have confirmation bias.

Lots of seekers of alchemy suffer this one, and start asserting all non-alchemical stuff as alchemy. I've mistakenly have done this in the past too.
Back to top Go down
Acalana

Acalana

Female

PostSubject: Re: GW putrefaction - two different modes?   GW putrefaction - two different modes? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2023 4:18 am

tAlchemist wrote:
Acalana wrote:

But I am still here
And even worse
I know the whole truth
You say they can't be anymore obvious then say that you feel like demons sent someone to kill Nick?

What the sdhdsf. Reason I'm replying is to maybe give everybody something to think about.

What you feel, a lot of times are subjective, the feeling goes away, and with some new feeling taking its place all of a sudden people are thinking about the same stuff differently.

Lots of seekers of alchemy suffer this one, and start asserting all non-alchemical stuff as alchemy. I've mistakenly have done this in the past too.

I often think with my heart if that offends you my apologies

“when you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth“
Back to top Go down
tAlchemist

tAlchemist

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2017-08-28

PostSubject: Re: GW putrefaction - two different modes?   GW putrefaction - two different modes? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2023 12:26 pm

Acalana wrote:
tAlchemist wrote:
Acalana wrote:

But I am still here
And even worse
I know the whole truth

“when you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth“

I'm not offended. I'm trying to help you.

Some don't need help at the present time.

Later on, they remember something said, then they go back and re-read some words that were spoken which they didn't at first like at the time.

EDIT: ASSUMING my words might offer any value and help

I've done this, when I didn't like Pythagoras and Schmuldvch correcting me and others when talking about the Book of Aquarius... Turns out I was wrong about that book, so I started reading more closely to their words...

Good luck on your path. Love ya, Acalana!

This is my personality ever since I left my religion. I'm outspoken, before I was religious and shy.

You remind me of myself a lot, back in 2013/2014!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Acalana

Acalana

Female

PostSubject: Re: GW putrefaction - two different modes?   GW putrefaction - two different modes? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2023 4:41 am

tAlchemist wrote:
Acalana wrote:
tAlchemist wrote:
Acalana wrote:

But I am still here
And even worse
I know the whole truth

I'm not offended. I'm trying to help you.

Some don't need help at the present time.

Later on, they remember something said, then they go back and re-read some words that were spoken which they didn't at first like at the time.

EDIT: ASSUMING my words might offer any value and help

I've done this, when I didn't like Pythagoras and Schmuldvch correcting me and others when talking about the Book of Aquarius... Turns out I was wrong about that book, so I started reading more closely to their words...

Good luck on your path. Love ya, Acalana!

This is my personality ever since I left my religion. I'm outspoken, before I was religious and shy.

You remind me of myself a lot, back in 2013/2014!!!!!!

I can relate to the quote nick made when he said it was like an unseen force was breaking all his glassware.

I have been doing my work for many years
And many times i make a discovery and almost like clockwork something bad takes place to set me back.

This last time i almost died
It was as if “something” threw the tree at us.

I can’t elaborate more right now but I know you made these statements from your point of view and not based on any previous knowledge of what I have been personally experiencing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GW putrefaction - two different modes?   GW putrefaction - two different modes? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GW putrefaction - two different modes?
Page 1 of 1