The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Luto, mortar, paste to seal a flask

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thanatos

Thanatos

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Luto, mortar, paste to seal a flask Empty
PostSubject: Luto, mortar, paste to seal a flask   Luto, mortar, paste to seal a flask Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 12:42 am

Greetings to all Kindred Souls,

I've been very conflicted with how to seal my crucible. I understand that the true seal of Hermes is without a doubt axiometric to the way of nature. My intention is likened in the attempts of Philosopher's of old, to create a self contained environment, as I would much enjoy to watch the play of fire of varying intensity with the trinity of rectified Mercury, Sulfur and Salt.

This being said, I was wondering if anyone has been successful in obtaining a recipe for a simple luto or sealant, the simplier the better. Egg whites comes to mind. I'm thinking flour or something of that nature to solidify... possibly dunked in flowing wax as a ceremonial gesture Basketball
Ideally this liquid quartz amalgam mentioned in The Covenant of Silence would be divine, but my resources and spirit are still putrefying, all as well, I am entertained by the notion.

My Jeweler's kiln is out of commission as one of my attempts left me we a ring of carbon as a souvenir of what was left of my crucible.. crushed in spirit, the remananents of the crucible fell through the grips of my clenched fingers. My gold plated silver ring, as it seems, is collected around an orifice where the resisting wire which conducts the heat has been severed thus opening the circuit and making this unit disfunctional and in need of either a soddering or new filament.

My intentions were to melt 50' of .999 purity silver wire, 28 gauge into a mass from which I could make shavings in stead, as my initial attempts at hammering this wire to a sheet is heretofore unaffected by coagulation with the delicate Mercury from Golden water.

Focusing on breathing and appreciation, I have glimpses of clarity to which my spirits are reminded the liberty and sanctity of Life, engulfed in one breath.

In Lak'ech
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Luto, mortar, paste to seal a flask   Luto, mortar, paste to seal a flask Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:42 pm

I have an entire chapter dedicated to the true Hermetic seal and exactly what it is and how to make it in my book.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
Thanatos

Thanatos

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Luto, mortar, paste to seal a flask   Luto, mortar, paste to seal a flask Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 7:24 pm

Dear Nick,

Yes, yes I know. I just can't afford the materials at this point or have the resources to maintain a constant fire source. I do, by all means, but my efforts are focused on utilizing Golden Water at this point in order to separate the impure from the pure of both silver and gold.

I was hoping someone could direct me to some material that contains a much more practical and simple recipe that is altogether useful.

________ _____ ___ __ _
I was re-reading some of the old posts and I found that I was on the right path... you have a knack for suggesting in such a way as to allow myself to doubt my direction jocolor

Thanks for the indirect support, in honing my will; according to the seventh rule of magic, turning any base metal into Gold requires will.

Godspeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luto, mortar, paste to seal a flask   Luto, mortar, paste to seal a flask Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Luto, mortar, paste to seal a flask
Page 1 of 1