The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What you are working on and the issues

Go down 
+5
Merc
Pray
T.P.
Invisible Doctor
ElliotNoir
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-02-10

What you are working on and the issues - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What you are working on and the issues   What you are working on and the issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 1:31 am

Nick has always taught us here that the white stone comes only from silver and the red stone comes only from gold. If anyone has a short text example of this white stone to gold stone post it please. cheers scratch
Back to top Go down
SunWukong

Male
Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: What you are working on and the issues   What you are working on and the issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 2:07 am

"On The Philosopher's Stone"

When the putrefaction of our seed has been thus completed, the fire may be increased till glorious colors appear, which the Sons of Art have called Cauda Pavonis, or the Peacock's Tail. These colors come and go, as heat is administered approaching to the third degree, till all is of a beautiful green, and as it ripens assumes a perfect whiteness, which is the White Tincture, transmuting the inferior metals into silver, and very powerful as a medicine. But as the artist well knows it is capable of a higher concoction, he goes on increasing his fire till it assumes a yellow, then an orange or citron color; and then boldly gives a heat of the fourth degree, till it acquires a redness like blood taken from a sound person, which is a manifest sign of its thorough concoction and fitness for the uses intended.

"Rosarium Philosophorum (part 1)"

Geber: Argent vive hath no adustion, therefore its purifying is a renewing of its earthiness and wateriness by policy, which if it be pure, it will coagulate that strength of white Sulphur not burning, into Silver, and this is so excellent a thing that by workmanship Elixir may be made of it for Silver, but if it be excellent red Sulphur of a nature not burning, then it is so notable a thing that Elixir for Gold may be made of it. Such Sulphur is our Sulphur, and the Sulphur of the Wise, and it is not found out above the earth, unless it be extracted out of these bodies.

"Rosarium Philosophorum (part 2)"

Geber proves in his book of Trials that if Sol and Luna are incorporated together by Art, they will not easily be separated, and so the one converteth the other, because the one is dry and the other is moist, and after the one hath taken the other, they embrace themselves with such strong knitting and hold themselves so fast, that the one can hardly be plucked from the other. This would be much more stronger if one of them were spiritual, that is medicinal, and so tangible by reason of his spiritualness. Gold is Gold in act and in matter, but if it were spiritualised, then is made of act - power, and of matter - form and of a thing done - a thing doing, of a woman - a man, and of a thing born - a thing bearing. Therefore, since there is no matter of Gold, no Gold which was not first Silver as the Philosopher says, if therefore such a form be joined to this matter, that is to Luna, surely they will most desirously embrace themselves and make that which is the less perfect more perfect, and this is done naturally and amicably, because every nature desires to be perfect and naturally abhors to be destroyed.

"Rosarium Philosophorum (part 3)"

Raimund says in his Apertory: Now by the second part the Stone will colour itself, it is fixed and fermented, but the ferment of the stone for white is Silver, and for red it is Gold

"Paracelsus - The Aurora of the philosophers"

The white and the red spring from one root without any intermediary. It is dissolved by itself, it copulates by itself, grows white, grows red,

"Colours to be observed in the Great Work"

It first beginneth to whiten round about the outward sides of the Glass; the Ludus Philosophorum doth say, that the first sign of perfect whiteness, is the appearing of a little hoary circle passing upon the Head, shewing it self round about the Matter on the outward sides of the Glass, in a kind of Citrine colour.

cheers The white stone is suppose to turn red is what i get from it...if you need any more quotes let me know I will just dig up more Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SunWukong

Male

PostSubject: Re: What you are working on and the issues   What you are working on and the issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 2:10 am

the philosophers say your suppose to use silver and gold to make the stone... but to do a transmutation of any metal into gold.. your suppose to melt the red stone with gold and then the gold will tinge any metal into the finest pure gold.... thats what they say

do you need quotes for this too? study
Back to top Go down
T.P.

T.P.

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2012-08-06

PostSubject: Re: What you are working on and the issues   What you are working on and the issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 6:05 am

SunWukong wrote:

So nobody got this yet? salt turning black in philosophical dew? (These pictures are from today)

The camera didn't focus If these pictures are unsatisfactory for you then I will take some more.... but your going to have to tell me quick because this salt is going to begin to turn white bounce

What do you mean by philosophical dew?
Back to top Go down
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male

PostSubject: Re: What you are working on and the issues   What you are working on and the issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 4:00 pm

Sun,

I believe what TP is asking is that on this forum we have agreed that philisophical dew will refer to \"philosophical dew\" and dew or morning dew will refer to regular dew. So that we are all on the same page and know what everybody is refering to when one of these is mention I/we might have to edit your post and the thread topic you posted since.
Back to top Go down
T.P.

T.P.

PostSubject: Re: What you are working on and the issues   What you are working on and the issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 11:04 am

Wow, i just discovered ∴N.D.C∴ rejecting GW in May of 2009.
This is the thread:
http://www.illuminated-alchemists.com/t164-collecting-dew-1st-time-w-photos#2526

I have made a picture so that you all believe me. This ∴N.D.C∴ comment:

What you are working on and the issues - Page 2 Th_597858894_A_122_183lo

This is the guy's answer:

What you are working on and the issues - Page 2 Th_597999343_B_122_127lo

I already knew that ∴N.D.C∴ contradicted himself many times in the past but now i am really surprised to see how often he did this.
Back to top Go down
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male

PostSubject: Re: What you are working on and the issues   What you are working on and the issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 12:41 pm

T.P. wrote:

I already knew that ∴N.D.C∴ contradicted himself many times in the past but now i am really surprised to see how often he did this.

TP,

I will be removing this disrespecful post. I have known that you have been harshly critical and cutting to Nick on other forums but I allowed you on this forum anyway. I thought you would be able to put aside this hatred that so many had for Nick and just talk about alchemy. Your knowledge and discussion have been very much appreciated here. If you want to stay and discuss alchemy as friends and be respecful I will allow that. And that is very forgiving considering considering you have disrespected my dead friend on his own forum that he created to help people know about alchemy. I do not mind talking about the truth about Nick Collette. But oviously I am not going to allow this kind of disrespect on his own forum. In these statements Nick was not contradicting that the process works, he was simply stating that it was far too disgusting to allow his beloved students to work on. He had a thought and he posted it. Big deal. I realize that Nick was overly brash, and the hatred of him consumed many people in the alchemy community. This is over. If you want to stay and talk about alchemy, stay. If you cannot stay away from this kind of cutting down of Nick on this forum then e-mail me and let me know that you would like to be removed from this forum. Please do not fire back. You know that this is unacceptable.

I want to drop all this bs and just talk about alchemy with the people who know about it. This is Nick's site and yes we will be talking mostly about his methods and his work, but the knowledge of others is appreciated. But if it is going to be tinged with an obviously harsh and negatively biased view of Nick then this is not the forum for you.

I realize you may have to leave for this and that is too bad. I really have appreciated talking with you. If you can see the error of your ways and apologize I really would like you to stay.

On this site we will be respecting Nick.
Back to top Go down
T.P.

T.P.

PostSubject: Re: What you are working on and the issues   What you are working on and the issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 2:47 pm

This wasn't hateful post in my opinion but regarding the fact that he cann't defend himself i understand the harsh tone.
So yes, i agree.

Let's go of the past and turn to the future.
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male
Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: What you are working on and the issues   What you are working on and the issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 4:24 pm

Thank-you Administrator,

I believe you were correct to act as you did, which I fully support.
We have created a decorum here and it must be respected.
This is not the only Alchemy Site but there is no other like it.

I too, follow other sites and the posts made therein, having witnessed
the often destructive behavior, please let not such ways be brought here.

afro
Back to top Go down
SunWukong

Male

PostSubject: Re: What you are working on and the issues   What you are working on and the issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 6:56 pm

bluefloor wrote:
Sun,

I believe what TP is asking is that on this forum we have agreed that philisophical dew will refer to \"philosophical dew\" and dew or morning dew will refer to regular dew. So that we are all on the same page and know what everybody is refering to when one of these is mention I/we might have to edit your post and the thread topic you posted since.

sir blue feel free to edit as you please because you have the floor cherry
Back to top Go down
SunWukong

Male

PostSubject: Re: What you are working on and the issues   What you are working on and the issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 6:59 pm

Dont be so critical of nick, I admired the heart and soul he put into alchemy... even if he made mistakes... he did have good intentions, he took the time out of his life to try his best to express the beauty of alchemy to the world

I respect nick point blank period... he was a searcher just like the rest of us
Back to top Go down
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male

PostSubject: Re: What you are working on and the issues   What you are working on and the issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 8:58 pm

TP,

Thank you for your retraction. I will say it again, I appreciate having you and your knowledge here and I want you to stay. For the record what you said did sound quite disrespecful to me. And inacurate in the wording. What you posted to me is neither a rejection or a contadiction. A rejection would be saying "this process does not work", which he did not do. A contradiction would be saying something like "this process works" and then later saying "this process does not work", or similar with regard to a part of a process. This he also did not do. He simply said that he removed the process because it was too grotesque. Quite a valiant move actually. He is right, it is digusting. And like a real friend he went on searching hard for another path that was more pleasant to work with which he would post here, for us.

His intentions were always quite valiant towards those that came to learn from him. He didn't just study alchemy and save it for himself. He created multiple beautiful websites and distributed rediculous amounts of sacred information from his heart ,again, for us. So in my book he deserves high respect.

So again, thank you. You are forgiven. And help me out, in the future be more careful.

And yes let's move forward. I know we all want this bad. And I think we can have it, and even more so if we work together.
Back to top Go down
SunWukong

Male

PostSubject: Re: What you are working on and the issues   What you are working on and the issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 10:54 pm

^^^ i like this guy
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: What you are working on and the issues   What you are working on and the issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:10 am

Hi True Puffer,
I was looking for the "right" version of Bacstrom's moon work but I couldn't find it, the link is no more active: have you any other contact with this text or there is any way to send it to me or to buy it somewhere?
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you are working on and the issues   What you are working on and the issues - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What you are working on and the issues
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2