The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

reCHRISTallization and SEED

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NEPTUNE

NEPTUNE

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2012-11-28

reCHRISTallization and SEED Empty
PostSubject: reCHRISTallization and SEED   reCHRISTallization and SEED Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 11:26 pm

A process of purifying a substance-compound from impurities.
Two scenarios - 1.) compound of interest more soluble than impurity 2.) less soluble.

2.) Compound of interest will crystallize before the impurity which remains in the supernatant (solvent) which is discarded-removed. When repeated a few times the ratio of product-impurity increases

This is achieved by evaporation of or cooling of solution to induce supersaturation and formation of a seed crystal. Once the SEED is formed it will accelerate the process manyfold.
Ex. Jesus says - you must be like salt. Go to a salt production site on the seashore. The first batch that is formed upon water evaporation is usually yellow with black and brown impurities. You dissolve it again in (sweet) water and filter to remove the junk (case 1 – impurity insoluble-less soluble) and place on the sun. Slow evaporation produces white grains of salt (cubic crystals – Saturn – Binah=center of our universe-Cube of space=vessel of spirit –Chesed, according to Kabala). There are alquimical processes that use up to 120 recrystallizations, but keep in mind that the more u purify the less yield is going to be less. You will need to sacrifice some of your material each time.

In case of Golden water I believe that the salt may be white. I would like some feedback here. The red, yelow coloration comes from pigments such as billiRUBIn. (uroCHROME, urobilirogen. While uric acid is yellow, urea, and ammonium chloride are white and more volaile) They all can bind metals. Regardless, the purity, besides color is inidicated by Crystallinity (well defined cubes, needles, rhomboids and a SHARP melting point).

Even before distllation u will get dirty white precipite on the bottom of the flask of red putrified golden water. Separate it by filtration and dry them. The remaining batch -solid-gum after distillation and drying will certainly be dirtier. Now work on the separately.

Take warm distilled water or dew and add trying to dissolve as much salt as u can.
Some texts advise boiling for 2h some gentle heat for days…
Filter or decant carefuly (to remove the insoluble junk) and place in the fridge (avoid metal contact) and as chemist say 'forget about them' meaning to leave them undisturbed for days or weeks. I bless them and pray – sounds crazy. If nothing forms you added too much solvent (water) so distill some off. In Nicks book he mentions formation of skin – this iswhat you are looking for = turbidity = saturation. The trick is to reach the point before saturation and start the crystallization. crystallization = very slow ordered precipitation.
The next day or so filter and collect the crystals and repeat the process with more hot water. Always save the filtrate cuz besides impuries a quantity of salt is still there. U can leave it in an open beaker and after slow evaporation the crystals will form. The purest the higest usually if we are looking for a volatile salt.

After few recrystallizations you will obtain the desired seed crystal (high purity) but usually in small amount. Treasure it! Start over with more gallons of golden water but this time when u dissolve the crude salt in warm water, (always good to filter) wait till it cools down (look for turbidity) and SEED IT = add a tiny amount of your seed crystal and then place it in cold. Try not to mecanically disturb it cuz if u do the crystals will be imperfect. The seed is vital information

There are more fancy pocessess such as fractional recrystallization, vapor diffusion crystllization etc. but this is basically the meaning of SOLVE AND COAGULA = dissolve and coagulate = Recrystalize. Remove d junk. Subtle from the crude

Distillation is another art of separation by boiling point. Steam, vacuum, fractional. All that I will say at this point is that it is essential to start with only one half to to thirds full flask. Phase separation, even heating is optimized while formation – sublimation of crystals in the condenser is avoided and the risk of bubbling over and explosion is reduced. Patience is always the key.

Peace, Light and Love

ORE ET LABORE!
Back to top Go down
Pray

Pray

Male
Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: reCHRISTallization and SEED   reCHRISTallization and SEED Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 10:52 pm

NEPTUNE wrote:

There are more fancy pocessess such as fractional recrystallization, vapor diffusion crystllization etc. but this is basically the meaning of SOLVE AND COAGULA = dissolve and coagulate = Recrystalize. Remove d junk. Subtle from the crude

Thank you Neptune for the info, good stuff.

Are you saying that all that Solve et Coagula does is to purify (in the chemical sense) the salt and nothing else? it is not charging the salt with astral fire or making it powerful, changing its composition from an alchemical sense, or breaking it to smaller particles?

I recently noticed, upon repeated dissolving and coagulating of sea salt, more feces falling out even though i had filtered this before .. repeated Solve et Coagula seems to create or bring out feces from where there was no (visible) feces.  IMHO
Back to top Go down
cocojambo

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2013-01-09

PostSubject: Re: reCHRISTallization and SEED   reCHRISTallization and SEED Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 11:35 pm

We all know that crystals have certain geometric patterns, and certain patterns can focus certain unseen energies.

I believe the process of crystallization is what focuses these energies. I speculate a slow crystallization might be better than a fast one. I don't think using dew is necessary, though I'm not sure. I'd say distilled might be better because it's more pure allowing for purer crystals.

The GW1 salt is indeed white when dry. but when slightly wet, it is ever so faintly blue green.
When molten, it goes from translucent, to clear like water, and finally to golden yellow.
Back to top Go down
NEPTUNE

NEPTUNE

PostSubject: Re: reCHRISTallization and SEED   reCHRISTallization and SEED Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 9:07 pm

Putting alchemy aside for now, this process simply increases the purity of your stuff - sharpens the melting point, and as the word says makes matter (that is at times amorphous) into a crystalline state (7 - types, lower sefiroths - see Dubuis) that transmits light in a pattern (can do X-ray crystallography - get a structure). Basically Solve et Coagula. Once u get a seed crystal it will be easy to induce crystallization each time in new batch. And what I keep reitarating, dont waste your gold if the salt aint crystalline and dry. Thats why u must not calcine it at high T, sometimes keep it away from sunlight and evem oxygen. There are also crystal isoforms but thats a different story. Sometimes a company gets in a patent lawsuit cuz competitor crystallized a different form of the same compound and claims improved bioavailability (all professional poiseners to me:).
The easiest way too check is to observe it on microscope or a watchglass. It should be transparent (crystaline). Sometimes u can get 2-3 forms + junk. Some needles, cubes and brownish material. Recrystallize! Practice with sea salt first. I do this stuff for a living guys.

Ora et Labora
Back to top Go down
Pray

Pray

Male
Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: reCHRISTallization and SEED   reCHRISTallization and SEED Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 10:47 pm

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I am still learning.

I dont understand why a crystal has any benefit beyond purification .. in the kiln the salt / crystals melt before the gold so theres no crystal geometry left .. so why are crystals important?

Back to top Go down
NEPTUNE

NEPTUNE

PostSubject: Re: reCHRISTallization and SEED   reCHRISTallization and SEED Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 9:41 am

1.) Purity
2.) Information (misplace one or two codons in your DNA, see what happens). Perfect crystals carry light. When they melt all the 3 principles are fused with Au. There are processes where 120 recrystallizations are performed, I cant imagine the yield.
10 distillations etc. Things such as these are unthinkable for modern chemistry.
You say you see junk falling out where there was none before.
A minute impurity can totally inhibit a certain reaction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: reCHRISTallization and SEED   reCHRISTallization and SEED Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

reCHRISTallization and SEED
Page 1 of 1