The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Where do i get equipment?

Go down 
+2
cocojambo
AmonD
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AmonD

AmonD

Male
Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2013-01-12

Where do i get equipment? Empty
PostSubject: Where do i get equipment?   Where do i get equipment? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 5:39 am

I want to order a few stuff (flasks etc.) but i dont seem to be able to find any proper site for that.Specifically i need a supplier that i can order from(i am located in Greece) and has reasonable prices.

+Can anyone help me on how to build a home-made distillation system,cause its too expensive to buy one.
Back to top Go down
cocojambo

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2013-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Where do i get equipment?   Where do i get equipment? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 1:15 pm

All you need are a few things...

1. Hot plate $20
2. Giant stew pot $20
3. 1 gallon jug $2
4. Kiln $700
5. 3 1000ml glass flat bottom flasks $100
6. Graphite crucibles with lids $20
7. Iron weight $10
$872 AT MOST.

Fill up the jug with your bodily fluid. Set it outside in the sun for 30 days.

Dump 1/4 gallon into the stew pot on hot plate. Boil down, and keep on adding a fourth each time. The foaming is not nearly as bad outside of the confines of a flask.

When it's down to a black liquid like coffee, pour all of this into a flask. Dry in the flask. Once smoking is down to a minimum, put this in a kiln and heat for 3 hours at 700F.

Your flask is a sacrificial glass flask. It will turn brown from the heat, but the stuff won't stick to glass so ti's better than calcining on metal.

Then take this and follow the rest.

Don't bother with the distillation equipment. the original wet path is supposed to take months. Considering most peoples salts dont even have enough fire, this would probably take years if it even worked.

If you're going to spend months, you might as well do a more reliable process than with \"philosophical dew\".

Once you get the salt you might start having some weird dreams already befoer even ingesting the stuff.

The smell of putrefied _______ is exaggerated to hell by alchemists. In RAMS there's a ridiculous setup for distilling \"philosophical dew\" with multiple receivers and carbon filters (LOL wtf??)

They're just puffing up their work or trying to scare people off to make it seem more dififcult than it actually is. Typical alchemists. (I personally consider such exaggerations to be nothing short of lies). I stand near the boiling putrefied _______ and it is entirely tolerable. At times it is even vaguely fragrant. Not entirely offensive. It depends on your diet lol. Sometimes vaguely medicinal (think Coca Cola), sometimes kind of sweet, etc. etc. Just make sure you do it outside. it dissipates real quick.

Back to top Go down
AmonD

AmonD

Male

PostSubject: Re: Where do i get equipment?   Where do i get equipment? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 1:43 pm

Well,thanks for the info coco but i am planning on experimenting with the plant kingdom first and i am not gonna start anything big yet so i dont need a 1000ml flask Razz

I want to perform a few operations such as distilling,calcining,conjoining etc. but i want to practise with small quantities.Until now i managed to make a poisonous substance out of a flower that can be found everywhere in my neighboorhood (the liquid is blood red in color) and i want to try a few more stuff with it and some other plants etc.

I read that if you do learn how to work with plants,you will find the mineral kingdom a bit easier and will be of less trouble to work with minerals and ores.

But i didn't actually need the items,i need a website where i can order them from xD and i seem to be a complete failure on searching that kind of stuff through the net,so any help on that?
Back to top Go down
cocojambo

PostSubject: Re: Where do i get equipment?   Where do i get equipment? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:21 pm

Aliexpress.com is good. Manufacturer direct from China. Haven't had any problems.
Back to top Go down
AmonD

AmonD

Male

PostSubject: Re: Where do i get equipment?   Where do i get equipment? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:43 pm

Thanks a lot jambo.
Earlier,you said "Fill up the jug with your bodily fluid. Set it outside in the sun for 30 days."

Which bodily fluid are you reffering to exactly?
Back to top Go down
AmonD

AmonD

Male

PostSubject: Re: Where do i get equipment?   Where do i get equipment? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:44 pm

Nvm i figured it out,its \"philosophical dew\" right? Razz
Back to top Go down
ZeroPoint

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Where do i get equipment?   Where do i get equipment? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:26 am

http://www.cynmar.com/

1000 ml flask around 7$ I think that's pretty good. A Lot of other stuff wire meshes glass stir rods huge catalogue.
Back to top Go down
AmonD

AmonD

Male

PostSubject: Re: Where do i get equipment?   Where do i get equipment? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 10:42 am

Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
seasalt

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2013-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Where do i get equipment?   Where do i get equipment? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 2:41 pm

cocoijambo.....so to make it clear for the slow people reading this forum.....we would take the calcined salt, mix it with equal weight gold, seal it in a graphite crucible, heat to 2000f for one hour, and wala.....red glass? or maybe a higher ratio of salt to gold? or maybe seal up the salt in another flask and set in the sun for awhile? or maybe add the salt to more ph. dew and repeat the operation of the sun again, the coagulate and calcine again? for the slow ones......please. thanks
Back to top Go down
Pray

Pray

Male
Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Where do i get equipment?   Where do i get equipment? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 11:23 pm

this is a good discussion
AmonD yes it is the G. W.
for glassware I'd check ebay too

cocojambo and seasalt, thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
cocojambo

PostSubject: Re: Where do i get equipment?   Where do i get equipment? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 2:02 am

seasalt,

(I am the slow person reading this forum  drunken )
To answer your question... I don't really know.

I remember bluefloor suggesting maybe adding more salt, which I think is a good idea... I think this may be a good idea to add a tiny bit more salt than you have metal since some of the salt will be lost. More salt certainly wouldn't prevent it from working.... You just don't want so much that your stone becomes impossible to separate out afterwards.  Smile

I also think one might need to try more than 1 hour... some salt might be weaker, so longer times might help. experiment. It's important you use powdered metal and powdered salt mixed together so it can all be attacked. Otherwise you only get a surface conversion to the stone.

As for purifying/processing the salt... Merc obviously has a method worked out for firing it up, with repeated evaporations and such.

NO TWO BATCHES OF SALT BEHAVE THE SAME. Very important. No two batches of _______ are the same, obviously.

The first two times my salt crystallized out in squares and triangles. Tasted salt/sour(possibly burning faintly?)

This third time I tried it the salt never crystallized out. The water just started getting real cloudy and it all just started dropping out as a shapeless mass. No crystals to be seen. I tasted it, was salty, not as sour, not as burning. Very strange. I fear it lacks the fire.. who knows.

According to Merc, if it has no shape and is fluffy, that's good and shows it has fire. This may not always be true however...

I wonder though if distilled water can be used in place of dew in Merc's technique of firing it up... if so... that would be a lifesaver. The best part is that we could also probably use gentle heat and vastly accelerate his method from months.... to maybe 1 month.

GET STONED OR DIE TRYING!!!  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce

Assembly line _______ collection. Date them. Putrefy 30 days each is good... as you can see I already have 2 that are ready to go if my current batches of salt fails. It's possible to church out a gallon every 2 weeks.... so a new run every two weeks.

THE ROOMMATE GROWS EVER MORE SUSPICIOUS OF MY JUGS. DOES HE KNOW?!!?

Don't lose hope if it doesn't work. Keep on keeping on. It will work.

Last edited by cocojambo on Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
cocojambo

PostSubject: Re: Where do i get equipment?   Where do i get equipment? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 3:04 am

Here's another picture. I know it doesn't seem like much objectively...

but for people getting started (like myself) I would've killed for some pictures, just to see and get a "feel" for what others were doing... And that's what really helps most people imo... getting a feel and seeing what others are doing. Makes it more real and (at least for me) gave me hope.

This is my leached and settled calcined phlegm. Distilled water obviously. RO reverse osmosis should work fine too. Both are demineralized anyways. Basically identical purity afaik for all intents and purposes.

The murky area above the black area is the superfine stuff that settles last. So when you're grinding the calcined phlegm up, do it in a garage. wind will blow it away easy. Get a mask cause it kicks up dust.

The flask is a 1 liter. That's with 1 gallon \"philosophical dew\" phlegm being leached. from 1 gallon is a good place to start it'll give you a reasonable amount of the salts and gallon jugs are everywhere. I recommend the jugs from distilled water so you know it's clean.

The salts don't really drop out when boilng down until <100ml liquid left, so don't freak out if the water gets lower and lower and lower as you boil down and nothing happens. I recommend leaching with at least 500ml water because when you filter since your salt is more dilute you'll lose less and it ensures better leaching imo.

I also recommend like 3,5,6 or so layers of aluminum foil between your flask and hot plate. the hard surfaces are uneven and create hotspots and if the temp differential is too high even borosilicate may crack or shorten flask span of life. the foil will even out temps a bit and smooth the srufaces.

Where do i get equipment? P7ACCw9

See those black splatters on my hot plate... that stuff shot out of a tall pot. So yeah... don't be a lazy bum like me. Once the liquid level's low, whether it's from leached salts or boiling down yoorine, start watching your pot to lower the temp and beware of splattering. It'll get everywhere.

Other items in photo...

-Power supply which is 50% bricked cause I'm full retard.
-Classico (best brand imo) with some old phlegm
-My kiln port hole plug
-Cinnabar. Cinnabar everywhere
-condenser tube when I first tried the p e e method (totally unnecessary)
-Lots of rainwater I randomly collected... don't really need it so it's just kind of there....
-Giganto amethyst cathedral geode (don't ask, the shame the shame...)

Last edited by cocojambo on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pray

Pray

Male

PostSubject: Re: Where do i get equipment?   Where do i get equipment? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 7:50 am

Nice photos, good attitude. i'm also one of them slow ones.
Back to top Go down
seasalt

PostSubject: Re: Where do i get equipment?   Where do i get equipment? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:44 am

cocoajambo, this is an idea i got from sun. get a co2 gas cannister used to carbonate soda drinks. carbonate some water. distilled? and then make it go flat. use that to dissolve and coagulate the rocksalt or seasalt, over and over again. sun also said that the astral fire is acid. a weak acid which carbonic acid is from flat carbonated water. i bet it would work.
Back to top Go down
cocojambo

PostSubject: Re: Where do i get equipment?   Where do i get equipment? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 8:19 pm

Maybe, I haven't a clue. I'm going to keep my focus on Nick's work, Actum leyden, and another one.
Back to top Go down
seasalt

PostSubject: Re: Where do i get equipment?   Where do i get equipment? Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 1:10 am

here is another idea from glaubers writings that relate to your ph. dew path you are following. do everything you are doing, coagulate the ph. dew down to a thick pasty sludge, almost like tar, then add 95% alcohol and get an extraction. filter or decant the alcohol from all feces, then put a metal dome over your pot, and light it on fire. collect what sublimes and crystallizes under the metal dome. everyone seems to think grape alcohol is better than corn or whatever its made out of. maybe it is. maybe it isn't.
Back to top Go down
Pray

Pray

Male

PostSubject: Re: Where do i get equipment?   Where do i get equipment? Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 1:54 pm

Last edited by Pray on Fri May 31, 2013 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pray

Pray

Male

PostSubject: Spirit/flying salt vs. non flying/fixed salt   Where do i get equipment? Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 3:31 pm

thanks, good idea to try, cleasning the mercury by fire.

Last edited by Pray on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
E-thor

E-thor

Male
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2012-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Where do i get equipment?   Where do i get equipment? Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 3:54 pm

@ pray - I pmed you back - just making sure you got it- I wasn't getting notices that anyone sent one to me- sorry it took so long to respond
Back to top Go down
Pray

Pray

Male

PostSubject: Re: Where do i get equipment?   Where do i get equipment? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 11:05 pm

seasalt wrote:
here is another idea from glaubers writings that relate to your ph. dew path you are following.  do everything you are doing, coagulate the ph. dew down to a thick pasty sludge, almost like tar, then add 95% alcohol and get an extraction. filter or decant the alcohol from all feces, then put a metal dome over your pot, and light it on fire. collect what sublimes and crystallizes under the metal dome. everyone seems to think grape alcohol is better than corn or whatever its made out of. maybe it is. maybe it isn't.

I soaked the muddy thick sludge in everclear, decanted and soaked again. Every time the earth gets whiter and the liquid less red. This photo shows what I mean (the light one sat for a week and wasnt getting any darker). I keep it in the garage at room temp but probably will get better results if i warm it or expose it to the sun warmth. Waiting until a freezing winter day might enhance my cooling dome function. I repeated this again and its even less red and the earth more bleached this time. I will try this once i finish my cooling dome apparatus to see if i succeed in capturing the flying salt cleansed by the flames.

Where do i get equipment? 2013_06_27_IMG_9999_11

I also wonder what about the left over bleached earth, what might it have to offer.  For now I am waiting before taking the next step.

By the way as you can tell, I did not calcine the sludge to grayness, thus the red color. If I calcine this then soaking it in everclear makes a clear liquid, not red.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do i get equipment?   Where do i get equipment? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where do i get equipment?
Page 1 of 1