The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New member from France

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

New member from France Empty
PostSubject: New member from France   New member from France Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Hi from France everyone king

First, thank you Mr Collette for sharing your knowledge with us in a so easy way to understand. I am glad to be a new member of this forum.

Would you, or another member, be so kind as to answer a few questions about the protocole :

- What is the kind of material you use to seal hermetically the flask ?

- Is a "bag of ice" a common plastic sachet with ice cubes inside, or a frozen pack that keeps icy temperature from a freezer?

- Does "raw sea salt" means commercial celtic salt, or is it needed to pick up sea water and harvest salt through evaporation ?

Kind regards,
Bien cordialement à vous,

Philippe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New member from France   New member from France Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 6:05 pm

Quote :
Hi from France everyone
Welcome to the forum cheers

Quote :
- What is the kind of material you use to seal hermetically the flask ?

This thread may help http://www.lost-academy.com/practical-alchemy-f1/proper-equipment-t8.htm
Check the last post of the Admin on what hermetic seal means.

Quote :
- Is a "bag of ice" a common plastic sachet with ice cubes inside, or a frozen pack that keeps icy temperature from a freezer?

I tried to use a frozen pack and it worked just fine, collects about 15 ml per night.

Quote :
- Does "raw sea salt" means commercial celtic salt, or is it needed to pick up sea water and harvest salt through evaporation ?

I think the extra effort to collect raw salt is needed in order to be on the safe side. Table sea salt may not work for many reasons but I don't know for sure. Some organic shops sell raw sea salt, maybe purify this.
Please mention that those are my personal opinions only.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New member from France   New member from France Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 10:45 am

Thank you for your help The Fool cheers

I am going on reading all the posts before asking.

king
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: New member from France   New member from France Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 4:45 pm

In the Actum Leyden letter, he does say to use the purest cleanest sea salt, so maybe using refined sea salt sold for cooking purposes in good enough. He does say that he used salt shipped from Spain, so if we only knew the purity of that salt back in the 17th century, that would answer our questions.

But I'm doing an experiment with purified sea salt from the grocery store just to test it out. This raw sea salt I used from the Dea Sea seems too dirty.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com

PostSubject: Re: New member from France   New member from France Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 5:58 pm

I am refining the raw salt myself by dissolution, filtration and recrystalization. Definately it is not nice to have mud in your bottle when you unite it with dew and trying to find the grey salt also.

New member from France Refsal10

1. Evaporation dish
2. Mortar and pestle
3. Refined salt

The finely grinded refined salt is snow-white and very beautiful to look at. Grinding the salt helps a lot with dissolution also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New member from France   New member from France Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:14 pm

Admin wrote:
In the Actum Leyden letter, he does say to use the purest cleanest sea salt, so maybe using refined sea salt sold for cooking purposes in good enough. He does say that he used salt shipped from Spain, so if we only knew the purity of that salt back in the 17th century, that would answer our questions.

But I'm doing an experiment with purified sea salt from the grocery store just to test it out. This raw sea salt I used from the Dea Sea seems too dirty.

Hi there,

Does anyone know if people could use the pure salt named "Sel gris" and "Fleur-de-sel" from the city in France called "Guérande"? This pure seasalt contains the normal amount of NaCL, but it's free of pollution.

Maybe another solution is to use "Pure-Aussie", this is a solution of pure seaminerals with a maximum amount of NaCL of 1 to 2%. See the USA importers website:
http://www.seamineral.com/prod_cat_details.asp?prodcatid=1&prodid=1
and more info here:
http://www.earthincommon.com/pure-aussie-ocean-derived-minerals-p-117.html

Thanks and greetings from Holland
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New member from France   New member from France Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:39 am

traxl wrote:
Admin wrote:

Hi there,

Does anyone know if people could use the pure salt named "Sel gris" and "Fleur-de-sel" from the city in France called "Guérande"? This pure seasalt contains the normal amount of NaCL, but it's free of pollution.

Maybe another solution is to use "Pure-Aussie", this is a solution of pure seaminerals with a maximum amount of NaCL of 1 to 2%. See the USA importers website:
http://www.seamineral.com/prod_cat_details.asp?prodcatid=1&prodid=1
and more info here:
http://www.earthincommon.com/pure-aussie-ocean-derived-minerals-p-117.html

Thanks and greetings from Holland

I am currently buying my dead sea salt from a a company called Saltworks.
I have been very happy with the purity of their product. It seems to have
a lot of fire.

I use the Bokek unrefined salt. It has nothing added and nothing taken away. Right straight from the salt bed.
It's in the bath and spa section.

Their link is: www.saltworks.us/shop/product.asp?idProduct=3[/url]
Back to top Go down
SonofSol

SonofSol

Male
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Seasalt   New member from France Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 2:20 am

Why dont people just visit their local healthfood store, they usually have many brands of different seasalts... Arrow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member from France   New member from France Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New member from France
Page 1 of 1