The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Dry Path

Go down 
+2
Zosimo
NDC
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AB

AB

Male
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-12-26

The Dry Path - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:30 pm

Field wrote:
study and Idea , hey I like the way you wrote that! Hey I have a question for you AB. When you imbibe your crystals with more of our water do they dissolve or no?

Hi Lee!

They don't really fully 'dissolve' into solution, they just re-open, only to close their gates and become fixed again after the imbibation sequence is over and the opening spirit has evaporated. However, I suspect some of them would dissolve IF I would stir or agitate the solution after imbibing - but I'm not doing that.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599

PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 5:19 am

The red crystals made by the method in Potpourri Alchemia will indeed dissolve in any liquid, hence the reason they were made in the first place by evaporating the solution until it was supersaturated, then putting the container in the fridge and freezer to cause them to fall out of solution and begin the crystallization growth processes.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
AB

AB

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 8:16 am

NDC wrote:
The red crystals made by the method in Potpourri Alchemia will indeed dissolve in any liquid, hence the reason they were made in the first place by evaporating the solution until it was supersaturated, then putting the container in the fridge and freezer to cause them to fall out of solution and begin the crystallization growth processes.

My crystals did completely dissolve in fresh Ph. Water, but only after stirring or shaking the fluid.

I took 2 separate batches of my red crystals and treated one with distilled water and the other with 95% alcohol.

With water, the salt matrix was dissolved and a sediment settled. After filtering, the sediment stayed on the filter paper and turned into a fine yellowish powder after drying.

With alcohol, it was the other way around. The alcohol absorbed the color, and left clear needle shaped crystals behind in the filter. After being filtered, the alcohol was evaporated and the same fine yellowish powder was left in the glass.

To conclude: In my experiment, water dissolved and absorbed the salt matrix, while alcohol dissolved and absorbed the yellowish (sulfurous?) powder (which I suspect can be further cleaned with water and digested to red - but this remains to be seen).
Fresh Ph. Water (after stirring) dissolved and absorbed both.

Taking it a bit further, I think one of the problems with my crystals is that they also contain common salt and other organic compounds that may reduce the efficiency of the process. Maybe these should be extracted by distillation as soon as the Ph. Water is collected... This is apparently not (or much less) the case with the more universal versions of the Ph. Water.

I always had the impression from the method in "Potpourri Alchemia" that it's the salty skin (which some of us are very familiar with) which becomes (in the cold) the red crystals we are looking for. But maybe I'm wrong about this, because I've done this process but failed to reach the 'salty skin' stage with this method. Maybe I was in too much of a hurry and didn't putrefy and digest long enough....

In either case, I think there are quite a few dots to be connected here, between different but similar processes (-:

Update: The white/slightly yellowish (sufurous?) powder I've extracted from the crystals (with 95% alcohol) is alredy starting to turn red in mild digestion (mixed with a little distilled water). This looks quite promising. I hope to post pictures of this fine red powder when I'm satisfied with the digestion (-:

Last edited by AB on Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 12:47 pm

Hey AB,
your crystals seem to be locked. have you tried to open them again and then continue to extract or refine the product? but that's just a guess. i'm currently doing a lot of studies but haven't been able to try much in a lab myself. however i put some saltwater-solutions outside after reading your post on hidden circulation, so thanks for that.
Back to top Go down
AB

AB

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 6:19 pm

sac wrote:
Hey AB,
your crystals seem to be locked. have you tried to open them again and then continue to extract or refine the product?

The crystals from the open circulation aren't "locked". I'm constantly re-opening/refining them with further imbibations. As for the crystals from the 'Potpourri Alchemia' method - they never showed up for the party, since I failed to reach the 'salty skin' stage with this particular procedure.

sac wrote:
however i put some saltwater-solutions outside after reading your post on hidden circulation, so thanks for that.

I don't believe the added seesalt to be necessary for the open ciculation. The fixed and volatile salts of the dew can be happily married without adding any externals. I am personally not a big fan of adding externals to a matter that contains in itself all that is needed. My good dew has been standing ouside in open circulation for 2 weeks, and it's already almost entirely black (which I tend to interpret as a good sign).
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599

PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 1:54 am

Yeshua,
I deleted your post because you apparently either didn't read the forum rules, or you forgot them. Please read the rules of this forum. You are not supposed to post theoretical processes which you haven't done and photographed yourself. There are literally hundreds of alchemy processes we could post here that are in the RAMS library. But that would be a waste of time and space.

There are dozens of very easy ways to make the Stone by the directions revealed in the rare manuscripts of the RAMS texts. If people would just try the processes, then post their results with photos to prove their work, then it would be beneficial.

The main flaw of all the other alchemy forums on the web is that very fact: they just sit around discussing the alchemy writings instead of DOING the experiments. The reason you don't see any of that nonsense on this forum is because I delete it all, and I also put it in the forum rules which you were supposed to agree to before joining this forum.

I understand how exciting it can be to find a new process in the RAMS library, but you have to understand that most of us who are serious about doing our homework have already read the entire RAMS library and we already know several versions of any given process a person might post.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 1:51 pm

Dear Bros,
I found in some my XVII sec. books these infos (not to confuse what is simple but to have more possibilities):
1) GW is part of the alchemical-made "Sale Armoniaco Artificiale", normally produced in the past centuries because, they say, we don't know what actually the ancients call with the name Sal Armoniaco:
- 5 parts of GW
- 1 part of (common) salt
- 1 part of black-ashes-smoke (leached? Don't think so, I think dry as it is)
puddle+subl+solu+coag until it's white, event again & again
the best SAA was from Venice and another good one was from Antwerpen and it was
important for it dissolved ☼.
2) In another text I found another interesting thing: it says that it's better not to putrefie it before, because this way you lose the real thing in it. And that there's another way to distill it to make the spirit of GW: before smoke it until rests 2/3, then put in a flask on 2-3 fingers of calx viva and very quikly close on it the distillation apparel and you'll distill it without or with very little warm having a perfect product (I haven't did it still - try it before in little quantities).
In the same text says that is in some way difficult to mantain the full power of the volatile spirit even when it is unified with the spirit and that we nedd a very goo air-tight vessel.
And talks about the work that unifies GW work with Vetriol and Dew to heal several ilnesses. The guy that wrote this last book was'nt an alchemist but a proto-chemist.
Hope can help.
Zosimo
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 2:11 pm

Sorry, a mistake.
Was half part of black-ashes-smoke or, better to say. soot, smut.

Another thing: we know that can be increased the power of the crystals if you drink much wine in the day of collection, but if you don't do it the crystals work anyway but are less red and strong.
A question: may be it's the same to eat just a little of tartaric acid.
The daily need for tartaric acid RDA% it's 22,5 mg but in some multi-vitaminic, e.g. Citozym, there's 250 mg.. I'll try it and I'll tell you.

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
Pray

Pray

Male
Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 2:59 pm

Zosimo wrote:

I'll try it and I'll tell you.

Zosimo

Hi Zosimo,

what's the verdict?
Back to top Go down
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 8:12 pm

Zosimo has not been around in quite some time, but I am going to invite all of the old members back just haven't got to it yet.
Back to top Go down
Pray

Pray

Male
Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:09 pm

Thank you cheers
Back to top Go down
solarseeker

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 9:48 pm

I reread the old posts by Nick in this thread. At one point he said that if you don't stir the stone with the metal it will all evaporate away before causing any effect.  cyclops 

That is definitely something I missed. I wonder........ it almost seems like transmutation is a slow gradual process rather than an instant one. As soon as I get a new distillation apparatus in the mail I have several new ideas to try.

Thanks Nick !  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dry Path   The Dry Path - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dry Path
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2