The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Adding salt

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Adding salt Empty
PostSubject: Adding salt   Adding salt Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:47 pm

Hi there,

Last summer, I watched the full moon in my telescope during two hours long with no filter. When I woke up, the next morning, I felt amazingly good. A mix up of great joy and very clear mind. I had not felt so good since a long time. I attributed this phenomenon to the moon light. Anyway, I was far from metamorphosing into werewolf... Laughing

Due to imperfection in my english understanding, is there someone to illuminate my lantern concerning the addition of salt into the dew bottle. Protocole says :

"Now dissolve raw sea salt in your morning dew water in small increments. If you have 1 liter of dew, then only 1tsp should be added each time."

What does mean: " each time" ?

If the solution keeps several time unsaturated, do I have to re-open the bottle each day until the fourth day? The precious elements could escape ! I am completely out of the game?

Can I just add several handful of salt at the beginning, wait a few days shaking, and filter the residual?

Happy New Year 2009 ! Very Happy
Philippe
Back to top Go down
trueKabbalist

Male
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Adding salt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding salt   Adding salt Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 4:26 pm

Unfortunatly I do not speak French, so I will try to be as clear as I can.

1. when adding the salt you should keep the flask at cool room temperature (I think 55-60 degrees Farenheit or 13-15 degrees Celsius would be about ideal).

2. add the salt in small amounts each time the flask is opened, this way you know when the salt is fully disolves and you know exactly when the dew is saturated. I suggest that you try not to touch either the dew or salt as much as possible. Use either plastic or glass for a spoon. If you touch it with metal, animal or plant matter it will become determined to that kingdom (alchemically speaking) so don't dump it in by handfulls as this will "alchemically" taint the matter. The matter must remain as "neutral" as possible.

3. I think "each time" means when you add new salt each time the previous amount has dissolved. (note: shaking helps)

This is what I am planning to do when I get my dew. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

Adding salt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding salt   Adding salt Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 4:47 pm

Download the PDF file again. The 2nd edition is updated to just say "Add 1 cup of sea salt to 1 liter of dew, then wait 4 days, then filter out all the undissolved salt".
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com

Adding salt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding salt   Adding salt Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 4:28 am

Great! I'll do that!

you've been very helpful, cheers

Philippe king
Back to top Go down

Adding salt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding salt   Adding salt Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 5:01 am

Hi Nick. Fisrtly let me thank you thoroughly for your contribution of your time and knowledge and for keeping real alchemy alive. I am a beginner at practical alchemy so bare with me...

I was just wondering if you thought there might be any benefit in perhaps getting your raw sea salt, grind it up finely and let it bask in sunlight on a glass tray just prior to adding it to the dew. I know it's had plenty of sun energy already but it has been in a plastic bag in in the dark etc from being a bought product and I could imagine it could just help slightly in ensuring it's solar energy.

I know this might be over complicating it a bit, but I figure every little trick counts when your talking about the great work!
Back to top Go down
SonofSol

SonofSol

Male
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Adding salt Empty
PostSubject: Philosophical   Adding salt Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 5:43 am

It even says so in the book 2nd edition...

I quote...

"The same holds true for the sea salt. It can be cleansed by water washes only, and then allowed to sun dry"

And it is a highly philosophical way of charging the salt with solar/sulphureus fire...

Good luck...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Adding salt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding salt   Adding salt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adding salt
Page 1 of 1