The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Back at the forum

Go down 
+3
Zosimo
delphinny
NDC
7 posters
AuthorMessage
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

Back at the forum Empty
PostSubject: Back at the forum   Back at the forum Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:32 pm

Hello everyone, I was gone for quite a while attending my grandfather's funeral.

I hope to be finished with the 1st edition of my new book (haven't decided on a title yet) by the end of this year. I've decided not to allow free download this time since it was so heavily abused last time, and so many unappreciative person's were also easily able to obtain the book and use it for canon fodder in their silly little wars against my name.

By making the book unavailable in electronic format, only the people who already appreciate my work will actually spend money to purchase a copy. And people also tend to give much more attention and appreciation to books that are in physical form, as opposed to electronic documents they can download free of cost and past along in emails to anyone who wants it.

For now, I've uploaded the book "Rosie Crucian Secrets" by an anonymous author written in the 19th century if I remember correctly. The book has processes in it that are extremely easy to follow, and they are already written in step by step format, so it would be a waste for me to rewrite them and include them in my book, so I figured I may as well just make the original book available for purchase. You can find it for free download in certain corners of the web, but for those who still appreciate the physical version of books, you can buy it here.

You can also find paperback versions on Amazon at the same price I'm selling it at my web-store, but you can also get it in wire-o format or hardbound at my store. For those people who appreciate the hardbound w/dust jacket, there is a little info on the inside front and back flaps that I wrote myself, but it's really nothing I haven't already shared here or elsewhere. I just put it in there since they give you the option to write something on the jacket flaps, and I wanted to give a little surprise treat to those people who buy that version since they tend to be the ones who are most serious about the quality of their alchemy library. It's also information that everyone should know before they read any alchemy books, and I had a vision of a small boy or girl sneaking into their father's alchemy library and picking out that book, and when they read the jacket flaps, it explains to them what they need to focus on before they begin their journey to find the stone, to ensure they will be successful.

Last edited by NDC on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
delphinny

delphinny

Male
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back at the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back at the forum   Back at the forum Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 5:46 am

Hello Nick I hope you are doing well. I am sorry to hear about your grandfathers death and my condolences go with you at this time.

I noticed your link does not work so you might want to check it, I get some administration page at qoop.com instead of your book..

I like the way your thinking now, it definately makes more sense to sell your book rather than to publish it online where little care is given to legitimate work. Great move!
Also where did you upload the "Rosie Crucian Secrets"? I wanted to look at it but couldn't find it.. I'm going to check your qoop page to see if its there

Adam

NDC wrote:

For now, I've uploaded the book "Rosie Crucian Secrets" by an anonymous author written in the 19th century if I remember correctly. The book has processes in it that are extremely easy to follow, and they are already written in step by step format, so it would be a waste for me to rewrite them and include them in my book, so I figured I may as well just make the original book available for purchase. You can find it for free download in certain corners of the web, but for those who still appreciate the physical version of books, you can buy it here.
Back to top Go down

Back at the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back at the forum   Back at the forum Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 12:26 pm

Nick Sorry for the Loss of your grandfather, I too lost my mom not too long ago, and I know what its like to go through the loss of a family memember.

My prayers are with you and your family.

Thank You for the info on the books, will be buying them soon.

Al
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back at the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back at the forum   Back at the forum Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 1:55 pm

Dear Nick,
Everything Happens at the same time: so tender condolences and a though to your grandfather, and rough happiness to hear from you these very good news.
Right, sell it. I'll buy it, and a lot of people will do.
Just for the image, the themes and the impact (of course not for the grammar or the alchemy writings) If you want a pro expertize you can send me the book at bonenove@yahoo.it, because I appreciate very much your work and so I like that you can have the maximum result.

cheers

Zosimo
Back to top Go down

Back at the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back at the forum   Back at the forum Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 7:21 pm

Rosicrucian-Secrets-by-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

Back at the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back at the forum   Back at the forum Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 11:17 pm

Thanks, I fixed link.

I always thought this book was so ironic, because the 1st book I ever read that introduced me to alchemy was "A Rosicrucian Notebook" and I then searched all over the web for more information on the Rosicrucians, and never found this book until eventually people started posting it all over the web. It would have saved me years of work in the lab.

And that's why I'm now making it readily available and putting attention on it while I finish my book. People need to understand how important it is, and since well over a thousand people are waiting for my book, this should renew interest in this lost work by an anonymous author written so long ago, and buried beneath the all the other books in the alchemy community.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
Wilfried

Wilfried

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Back at the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back at the forum   Back at the forum Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 4:59 pm

Welcome back Nick,

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather and I would like to express my condolences to you.
May he rest in peace.

Wilfried
Back to top Go down

Back at the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back at the forum   Back at the forum Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 2:49 pm

Welcome back Nick! Sorry to hear about your grandfather. Let's go surfing.
Back to top Go down

Back at the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back at the forum   Back at the forum Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 4:18 pm

Sorry for your lost Nick, and thanks for the book.
Back to top Go down
bonifaesh

bonifaesh

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back at the forum Empty
PostSubject: Dear Nick   Back at the forum Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 9:44 pm

Thank you for posting the new information. My condolences to you and your family on the passing of your grandfather.

I wish you all the best as always

Bill
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back at the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back at the forum   Back at the forum Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 12:02 am

Welcome back Nick you look great! Sorry to hear of your grandfathers passing. My condolences to you and your loved ones. Good choice making your next book only physically available. Love, peace and harmony.

Kevin
Back to top Go down
Hyramposey

Hyramposey

Male
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back at the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back at the forum   Back at the forum Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 3:49 am

Nick,

My condolences to you and your family, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I'll be ordering the new book, can't wait....as well as all the others on the forum I'm sure!

Blessings,

Hyram farao
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/HyramPosey
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back at the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back at the forum   Back at the forum Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:52 pm

Nick
The book just arrived thank you very much!
I'm going to enjoy reading it. The inserts are a nice personal touch!
Back to top Go down

Back at the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back at the forum   Back at the forum Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:14 pm

Dear Nick,
Sorry to hear about your loss. Life is a precious mystery. I have believed for sometime that our family lineage passes down much much more than just eye color and cheekbones. Physical traits aside, our ancestors memories and life experiences, I am sure, are stored inside of us for safe keeping and passed down somehow with the DNA . What some mistake for a past life is really our ancestors talking. There are studies that show how some kids under the age of 7 are thought to be reincarnated grandparents because of their intimate knowledge of things only the grandparents knew. This understanding reinforces to me the importance of family influence on our lives and reminds me how grateful and indebted we are to them, because they lived so that we can now have life and live abundantly. Peace
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Back at the forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back at the forum   Back at the forum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back at the forum
Page 1 of 1