The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Book is ready!

Go down 
+8
Wilfried
Hyramposey
delphinny
bluefloor
bonifaesh
Zosimo
phillip_reed
NDC
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

New Book is ready! Empty
PostSubject: New Book is ready!   New Book is ready! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 4:48 pm

Hey everybody, once again I've returned!

I'm sorry if some of you have emailed me and haven't gotten to it yet. I have hundreds of emails to go through.

I finally finished another book (well really is an alchemy book ever finished?) and it's available on the Alchemy-Illuminated.com website.

It's only 60 pages, but I didn't want to hold onto it forever. I'll add more to it and update it with a second edition eventually. For now I have it only in electronic form because I don't want people buying a hard copy until the next edition, and then there won't be an electronic version available for download anymore.

Also, this time its not free. I desperately wanted it to be free so everyone could have a look at it immediately, without delay, but the price is only 6 bucks, and considering the content, its worth infinitely more than that.

It contains six process -- three using morning dew, and three using "Golden Water". I also included the process of making the Hermetic Seal, which is a crystalline material made from dissolved quartz powder which is able to harden, and was used to coat the stoppers of flasks so they were impossible to open.

Let me know if the Paypal link works like it should, and if the book downloads OK. Everything should work fine, but you never know when it comes to computers.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
phillip_reed

phillip_reed

Male
Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-12-28

New Book is ready! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Book is ready!   New Book is ready! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 6:33 pm

yes the paypal process worked as expected after the transaction the document comes up so as to be saved or downloaded.

thank you very much for the new book, i have only just started to read the pages inside this wonderful book, the document is complete and downloaded fine. This could become the best christmas present that i have ever received, over half way though the book now and i'm extra excited to begin starting with the extra knowledge i have received from it already. thank you Nick for the time it takes to put the information together and i hope you feel blest for such a kind act.

phillip reed
Back to top Go down
https://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz48/Avatar1979/dew%20alchemy
NDC
Admin

Male

New Book is ready! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Book is ready!   New Book is ready! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 6:40 pm

Sac, just email me and I will send you the book.

That does make me worry that some people won't have the PDF pluigin enabled, so maybe I should switch it to a ZIP file instead? I can't believe I didn't think of that earlier.

Already within two hours of uploading it, 7 people have bought the book. The good thing about selling it, instead of free download, is that I get to see each person who buys the book.

I haven't had a chance to go through the latest posts yet, so I don't know how you all are doing, but I hope things have been good while I was away. This new book should bring plenty more success stories into the forum. I can't stand that its been a whole year and not many people have succeeded in making the Stone. With the step by step instructions in the new book, I think the chances of people succeeding will be drastically increased!
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

New Book is ready! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Book is ready!   New Book is ready! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 7:53 pm

Thank you Fr. Nick. for the new book.
Ehm,
When I payed with paypal I supposed that I should wait for some email, password or similar.
May be I didn't see the proper botton for the download?
May be I'm smelling to much ph dew in the last days?
Now that have pay with paypal what's the next step?
confused

Zosimo
Back to top Go down

New Book is ready! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Book is ready!   New Book is ready! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 8:20 pm

thanks for the support.
i sent an email to the address provided in the confirmation of transaction
(rosicrucis...)
Back to top Go down
bonifaesh

bonifaesh

Male
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-03-13

New Book is ready! Empty
PostSubject: ∴N.D.C∴ Thank you for the new book   New Book is ready! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 8:30 pm

Nick thank you for the new book.
I've just started reading it and am enjoying it a lot.

(If' you've purchased it, there should be a "return to alchemia..." link for the download, then you can save the file as a pdf).

Blessings to you all, as always.

cheers

farao

study
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

New Book is ready! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Book is ready!   New Book is ready! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 8:57 pm

Zosimo, there was a link back to the website you were suppose to click on after you placed your order. But you can just email now, and I will send you the book.
Back to top Go down
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-02-10

New Book is ready! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Book is ready!   New Book is ready! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 8:24 am

Hi Nick,

Downloaded good, thank you so much. When the book comes out I would love to have the option of a smaller size, like about 7 in. tall. Enjoying the PDF for now.

cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

New Book is ready! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Book is ready!   New Book is ready! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 2:44 pm

The book is actually 6x9, but when I printed it as a PDF it wouldn't let me choose the paper size. Right now I only have Fedora (linux) on my computer, so I used the programs that come with it. I have Adobe PDF maker, but its only for windows.
Back to top Go down
delphinny

delphinny

Male
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-02-14

New Book is ready! Empty
PostSubject: Thanks Nick!   New Book is ready! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 4:27 pm

hello, this is great thank you!!!!!!

Adam
Back to top Go down

New Book is ready! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Book is ready!   New Book is ready! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 4:47 pm

GREAT!!! I have been checking twice a day to see if it's ready. Thank you very much for this. Now I have to wait for my unemployment to come in. Sad that I don't even have the $6, oh well I'll get it in a few days.

Thanks again Nick, you are very appreciated.
Back to top Go down
bluefloor
Admin
bluefloor

Male
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2009-02-10

New Book is ready! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Book is ready!   New Book is ready! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 5:19 pm

Oh sorry Nick, I meant when your physical edition book comes out, it would be nice to have a smaller size than the Rosicrucian Secrets which I did order. Smaller books just have a nice feel. For now though this PDF is amazing. sunny
Back to top Go down
Hyramposey

Hyramposey

Male
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-03-12

New Book is ready! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Book is ready!   New Book is ready! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 1:40 am

Nick,

My Texas 10-Gallon off to you!! cheers The new book is FANTASTIC, keep up the good work. The whole forum as well as I have been waiting for this for a while now, what a great Christmas present.

Thanks Again and Many Blessings,

Hyram farao
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/HyramPosey
Wilfried

Wilfried

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-12-27

New Book is ready! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Book is ready!   New Book is ready! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 12:35 pm

Hi Nick,

congratulations on the book. Your life and the experiences you had are fascinating.
That eye sight feeling you describe I have experienced many times as well. But only when I was a kid. Everything became small and it was like a tunnel vision and I started to feel weightless. It was an awesome feeling which I tried to keep in as long as possible. Sadly I forgot about it until you just wrote it here again.

The tracts are very well defined and help me exactly on the Phil. Dew path that I am working on right now.

Wilfried
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

New Book is ready! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Book is ready!   New Book is ready! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 6:42 am

Dear Fr. Nick,
Finally! This is a real book of real Alchemy for busy adepts.
We can't avoid the covenant of silence: how can we, alchemists, talk about this love when we are in this love?
We can send posts, of course, but a revelation belongs to our eye and a whisper pass through the hearts. Sub rosa.

Thank you

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
yeshua

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-01-15

New Book is ready! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Book is ready!   New Book is ready! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 1:08 am

This book really clears up alot of things. It actually helped answers a question I had about a particular process I'm working on right now. I do have one question though. On page 34 we're told to dig a hole in a ditch of white or red clay. Earth with high clay content isn't so common where I'm from. would it be possible to put the GW in a porous ceramic vessel that isn't coated? Its seems to me the heat of the sun is to evaporate the phlem and the cool of the night to crystalize. I'm also a little confused buy it saying to dig in a ditch yet it must be in the open air with no shade. Could someone clear that up? I'd love to see the pecocks tail of that process. It sounds splended to behold.
Back to top Go down
phillip_reed

phillip_reed

Male

New Book is ready! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Book is ready!   New Book is ready! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:11 am

hello yeshua,
i only took it as just a small puddle wide and shallow just enough to hold the gw in one place so it stays like a bowl shape and deep enough so that when you put the cloth over it won't touch the gw,

not like a fence post hole or nothing deep

phillip reed
Back to top Go down
yeshua

New Book is ready! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Book is ready!   New Book is ready! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:12 pm

Thanks you for your reply phillip. I always get technical with these kinds of things. It does make more sense the ditch would only be as puddle and not 8ft deep like I was thinking.
What was a point of concern to me is the soil. I suspect that the salts of GW is what we want to aquire so clay or some calcaerous, porous earth is necassary which is why I was wondering is a ceramic vessel could be used. That may not work however since in virgin earth you recieve the extra influence of nature like dew and such.

Whats most interesting is there are hills I know of that have both white and red earth but I'm not sure of their clay content. I'll need to check it out soon. I believe their coloring is from high alkali and ferrum content.

Is anyone else plan on performing this process? The pecocks tails sounds like the most beautiful part.
Back to top Go down
phillip_reed

phillip_reed

Male

New Book is ready! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Book is ready!   New Book is ready! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:43 am

i was only going to do the third paths on both the normal dew and GW. with the third gw path i was going to use the last part of the process once i get the crystals and add it to gold and put it in the iron container and heat it to see if it can be done in a hour instead of waiting for 182 days, bottom of pg 38

the clay bowl wouldnt be any good in my thoughts the salts and moisture of the earthen clay is gone, it would have been burnt out of the clay in the firing of it. if it wasnt finished, the clay bowl, with gloss and it was rough in the pestle and morter type bowls i think it would absorb the moisture out of the gw, and i think it talks about it being after a storm which the dew salt in storm water would be in the clay too,

hope this helps

Last edited by phillip_reed on Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

New Book is ready! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Book is ready!   New Book is ready! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 10:01 am

I have been putting the GW on the same spot for 6 months. I dug the spot up yesterday and mixed it with rain water. I am going to strain out the mud and try to collect the crystals that way. NASTY!!!
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

New Book is ready! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Book is ready!   New Book is ready! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 3:29 pm

Phillip is absolutely right about the fired clay pot not working. You need to use fresh clay, and using clay that is in the ground already is much better. But if you can't find clay when you dig, then simply put some fresh wet clay inside the hole and make a very thick wall with it.

As a kid, I use to love digging for clay. I found in the forests around my house, and even in my back yard. If I didn't find clay where I was digging, I found that by just digging deeper or wider, eventually I would find nice deep red clay.

Alchemists believed clay is what made all the metals in the earth. They wrote about it with symbolism and most of them never named it as "clay". They describe it as having form, yet having no form, and being wet yet dry, solid yet liquid.

Also remember that in Genesis, man was formed from clay.

I believe the Golden water extracts something of great value from the clay which helps ensure you will obtain a powerful salt for making the Alkahest.

I also believe clay alone can be used to make the Stone in a much shorter way that the popular manuscript about the clay process. Only after much experimentation will we find out.

How ironic would it be to use the primary stone making material, clay itself, to make a Philosophical Stone?
Back to top Go down
yeshua

New Book is ready! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Book is ready!   New Book is ready! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 5:12 pm

Thanks a trillion for your help with that Nick. You to Phillip and everyone else. I had suspected that clay could be put in to the groud if the content was too weak. I live in a very urban zone so I must travel aways to get to open land but it will be worth it in the end. I plan on digging several holes so if one fails I'll have others and if they all work I can get a large amount of this precious salt although the contents of just one hole should suffice.

This is probly one of the most wonderful processes I have ever read. Its simple, beautiful, but can only be done at a certain time so it still has protection.

Thanks again
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

New Book is ready! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Book is ready!   New Book is ready! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 8:34 pm

You won't get much salt at all, unless your hole is enormous, like 6 feet in diameter. You could also use a small hole, but then you have to resoak the clay with more golden water every day. The problem with that is the crystals only form when clay dries out, and once it's dried out, then its probably useless and you have to dig a fresh hole, or take out the old clay and put in some new fresh clay walls.
Back to top Go down

New Book is ready! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Book is ready!   New Book is ready! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 8:44 pm

Perhaps saturating powdered clay and drying several times over would make things easier. Then boil, strain, and distill to obtain the salts. This is just speculation but it is similar to the process I am trying right now. Will post results in next few weeks.
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male

New Book is ready! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Book is ready!   New Book is ready! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 4:49 am

Phillip,
why do you use the quote button instead of the reply button when you post your messages? You have yourself being quoted in all of your posts as if you are quoting someone else. Why?

You may have noticed that I've been editing your posts to remove the quotations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Book is ready! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Book is ready!   New Book is ready! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Book is ready!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next