The Lost Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Academy

created for Alchemy-Illuminated.com and run by Nick Collette

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GW method may be much faster and safer though

Go down 
+8
SonofSol
Kirk
Frank
Zosimo
bonifaesh
kevinpaw123
spagyricus
NDC
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2009-01-25

GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 6:09 pm

NDC wrote:
Did you try Qglass.com yet? They would probably do it for a reasonable price.
Hey Nick,

I got in touch with Dan from Qglass. They are going to make custom lids with 24/40 joints for my 2 gallon GW jars. The cost will be about 1/4 the cost of the other shop. Thanks again you just saved me about $400.00! cheers
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 10:18 pm

Ah, that's great news! I new Qoop would be able to do it for a reasonable price. I might get the same thing made for my big mason jar.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com

PostSubject: Crystal pics   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 5:44 pm

Hmmm, upon distilling my previous red stuff on over to a former GW container that had hard crystal type of residue stuck on the walls, appeard to come off quickly and easily with the clear ammonia smelling liquid that was coming over from the ruby red gw..GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 DSC09852GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 DSC09840
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:52 pm

Hey guys!

It has been awhile since I've posted anything. I did something wrong with the dew/ rainwater and lost the salts that were forming.
I do have some photos of the GW I've been working on since late January. I have been using a 2L flask to distill approx 7.6 liters
of GW. I have been filling the flask about 3/4... reduce to about 1/4 then cool and add more GW. I have about one more cycle of
GW left then the entire 7.6 liters will have been distilled for the 1st time. I'm hopeful and excited that this path will yield the best
results so far that I've attempted. Crystals are starting to form quite abundantly Very Happy [img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 SANY0024-2[/img][img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 SANY0021-2[/img][img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 SANY0022-2[/img][img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 SANY0023[/img]

Thanks again Nick...God bless!
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 2:38 pm

Hi Bros.,
In the collectanea chemica Philalethes wrote, about GW: "whatsoever is imbibed by the water, let it be poured off by decanting; let it be strained, or purged, per deliquium; then filter it through a glass. Let fresh water be poured on, and reiterate the work till the salt become pure, then join this vastly stinking salt with your last spirit and cohobate it. Praised be the name of the Lord. Amen".
I've underlined what I can't understand. What does it mean to filter through a glass?
thank you.

Goood job Kevin!

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
Frank

Frank

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2010-02-12

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:07 am

Hi Zosimo,

filter through glass means either to filter through glass filters
like the chemists use eg. on top of a buchner funnel or through
glass wool. See Fulcanelli in Dwellings of the Philosophers when
he filtered sulphuric acid through glass wool.

Smile

Frank
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 6:39 pm

Hi Frank,
I supposed it was something more primitive... Smile

I found this glass filter somewhere else, may be in Reusenstein, and looking for "buchner funnel" in wilki I've found this:
"It is used in organic chemistry labs to assist in collecting recrystallized compounds. The suction allows the wet recrystallized compound to dry out such that the pure dried crystal compound is left remaining. However, it is often the case that further drying is required, by an oven or other means, in order to remove as much residual solvent as possible".
It does mean that you're supposed to filter and keep the crystals Suspect or that you're simply filtrating more strongly the liquid?
I suppose it's the second case because of the straination & purgation of the previous phrase and because there are not crystals yet...
So it means "filter the best as you can", ehn? Rolling Eyes There are no double or triple estoeric meaning? ...Ouch!

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
Frank

Frank

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 5:22 am

Zosimo,

Quote :
"It is used in organic chemistry labs to assist in collecting recrystallized compounds. The suction allows the wet recrystallized compound to dry out such that the pure dried crystal compound is left remaining. However, it is often the case that further drying is required, by an oven or other means, in order to remove as much residual solvent as possible".

It means that you have to supersaturate the compound (crystals, unsolubles and solvent) by evaporating it in gentle heat so that the crystals precipitate and the rest of the solvent gets sucked off.

Frank

Smile
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 7:38 pm

Hey all,

I have reduced the CM to this brownish black mass and boy does it smell. I got side tracked a couple days ago and had a bit of over flow while it was still in the flask... The smell spread throughout the house. ( my wife wasn't to pleased). [img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 GW21[/img][img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 GW20[/img]
This material smells pretty much like a rotting corpse. I'm drying it outside in a small toaster oven at about 150F.

I've distilled the spirit for the second time so far and the crystals come over at an even lower temp than before and look cleaner. [img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 GW16[/img][img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 GW17[/img][img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 GW15[/img][img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 GW18[/img][img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 GW13[/img]
I'm very excited at this point! I have to go over Nicks book on this process to make sure I work with the CM properly. Hope you like the photos guys!
Love the work!
God bless!
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male
Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 8:44 pm

Hi Kevin, thanks for the photos, they really help the words!
And the smell must have been intense, I can't imagine the days
when an entire village may contributed to ones' Work

Phew! tongue
Back to top Go down
NDC
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 5:51 pm

When I do evaporations of GW outside in my small toaster oven, it doesn't stink up the whole yard. Once you get a few feat away, the wind disperses it so much that it can't be smelled.

So even if the whole neighborhood was doing these processes, it wouldn't smell. Also, the only time alchemists were doing a lot of work at the same time together, was during the reign of some king (can't remember his name) who had teams of alchemists working on finding a way to make the stone. They all lived in the same area, in "town house" style buildings, like apartments, but houses that were right against each other. They did all their evaporations in the fireplaces, so the fumes would go high above the village. But they were evaporating dangerous chemicals and even mercury, yet mercury can't actually make it all the way up the chimney -- it condenses very quickly to form rain drops of metal that fall down everywhere around the crucible with trails of smoke.

I once heat mercury and sulfur together in a pyrex test tube, using a little butane torch. Some of the mercury bonded to the sulfer to make a bright red cinnabar, and the extra went bursting out of the tube, then rained down as I described above. But no, I didn't get mercury poisoning thank god. It was quite a sight to behold though.

That was back in my early days of alchemy research, when I was still a teenager. It's so wonderful and yet bittersweet to look back on the days when I believed in the monatomicc nonsense and the use of all sorts of chemicals to make the Stone. Now the correct path has been found, and it uses nothing but morning dew, or the human fluids if for some reason you can obtain enough dew, or the good Lord didn't bless your work and allow you to succeed with the dew process.
Back to top Go down
http://alchemy-illuminated.com
Kirk

Kirk

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 7:34 am

Hey Nick, thanks for sharing that experience. I would have liked to see that
mercury moment just don't let the Hasmat Paranoid Team know,
or an overdrawn lockdown takes place.

Imagine a whole village of Adepts working openly together...
ah... If the world be that innocent...

Glad to hear you're working on your projects

peace and success
Back to top Go down
SonofSol

SonofSol

Male
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 8:50 am

Actually its not paranoia, mercury is HIGHLY difficult to remove from an area, it produces an insidious onset of toxicity during chronic low level esposure which can take months to years to manifest symptoms by that time the damage is done, its the 3rd most toxic element known to man...

Case History of Mercury Intoxication Alfred Stock 1926

Alfred Stock was an experimentalist who made significant contributions to chemistry and designed several important chemical instruments. He worked on the creation of new boron and silicon compounds and the development of the chemical high-vacuum apparatus , which allowed him to work with volatile materials. The latter part of his life was particularly devoted to the study of mercury and mercury poisoning and, in particular, developing precautionary guidelines for other scientists to follow in order to avoid suffering from it. Stock contracted mercury poisoning while working with the substance in laboratories since his time in school; he was afflicted with the disease the rest of his life.

http://www.mercurymadness.org/getdatafile.aspx?dataid=96

And remmember if you are to remove mercury fillings, DO NOT do it at a reg dentist, these quacks will just remove it without ANY protection, and i would replace it with the filling known by the name of Diamond lite, and not the other plast ones that contain Bisphenol A, a gender bender, still ANYTHING is a trillion times better to have in your mouth than mercury...

Safe Removal of Amalgam Fillings

http://www.iaomt.org/articles/files/files288/Safe%20Removal%20of%20Amalgam%20Fillings.pdf
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 5:06 pm

Hi SonofSol,

Yes it's nasty I know, it's just in our new nervous society, there is
no fooling around. You break an old themometer in a building, it
gets shut down. Suddenly somebody owes 1/2 Million. It makes a
person quiet if in possession.

Google the guy sitting in a pool of it... And by the way if it is that
toxic, how does the Mercury Fountain in Spain still exist?

The world price of a Flask has plumetted due to the bans.
Maybe it's the Gov't, buying all the decent Geodes up, making
Gold, one ounce at a time! farao
Back to top Go down
SonofSol

SonofSol

Male
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:05 am

I have seen that pic and its not a matter of opinion or debate, its a PROVEN and KNOWN fact that mercury is a deadly element, not something to be taken lightly, and he was on the mercury for a very short time not enough to be struck with acute poisoning, Nick was just very lucky that nothing happened to him most people that blow up mercury end up with not the best day of their life, and in some cases the last...
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:18 am

Hi SonofSol,
let me be perfectly clear, I, in no way suggest Mercury is a safe element.
Mercury, if handled, should always be done with gloves, googles and a mask
with special vapour respritory filters.

It was simply a social comment. So I give that round to you, as this forum
is not for debate, only practical disscussion. This site is not 'that other site'.

God Bless and much Success!
Back to top Go down
Frank

Frank

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 9:39 am

Hi guys,

I was sceptical about the danger of mercury poisoning. Because I know if you ingest it it gets hardly absorbed and comes out unchanged.The reason why some jerk bathes in it.

But when the dentist drills it out it gets vapourised and then it gets absorbed and is as Son of Sol says deadly poisoneous.

But I did the most stupid thing. I distilled mercury and raked it off then while still hot from a big test tube about 4 inches in diameter. I did not use any mercury mask or protective clothes. The result: I lost 2 molars. My right eye went down 2 dioptries and my hairline was receding at the temples.

It took me 3-4 months to test and take all the vitamins,minerals, trace elements, enzymes, homeopathic remedies, herbs, and other stuff in order to release all the poisons. A layman does not have a chance except maybe shots of mercaprol. This stuff is so mean that it continues to degenerate your health endlessly when you don't completely cleanse your body from it.

So I agree with Son of Sol about the danger of mercury.

Frank

Smile
Back to top Go down
yeshua

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 1:12 pm

HEY NICKS BACK!!!!! I was starting to worry. Been busy in the lab lately I bet.

Mercury is a funny thing when it comes to its toxinity. Personally I'd rather not find out the hard way.

And Kirk. I caught what your talking about with the government buying the geodes. You know about that one to huh? I've never tried it because of the aforsaid dangers.
Back to top Go down
Kirk

Kirk

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:18 pm

Hi Yeshua,

yes, best to leave the slippery shiny stuff alone.

and yes I have tried that one without success but now I understand
why the failure, though I will not try again.

Funny though around 2001, somebody or somebodies, was buying up all
the special rocks( this was informed to myself by an old timer). Seems to me
some time-traveller must have figuring out the science here on Earth!

Just like Kirk and Spock, in old San Fran, making a communicator...
oh... that was a TV show. Now youz guys know how I spent my youth!

And Yes, great to hear from Nick again

alien alien alien flower
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:21 am

Hey Nick,

I've Dried the CM to the point where about half of it is a very very thick resin the rest is very dry. It still smells but not nearly as intense. Do I keep drying at around 150F till the whole mass is very dry? It looks like the low temp is not calcifying which is a good thing right? Here are a few pics.

[img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 GW23[/img][img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 GW22[/img][img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 GW24[/img]
The purple hue is not light hitting the lens it is reflecting off the CM. The light is 2 40w fluorescent bulbs behind the camera. I didn't use a flash.
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 6:08 am

Hi Kevin,
It's funny that the first calcination look more dry than the last in these pics.
GW really takes in a lot of wet...!

Ultimately: you all Bros.... think that the spirit & caput united can produce crystals just evaporating or that it's better to distillate a little more until the flux...

And, Kevin, I've found one of your ancestors on the web... Very Happy

Photobucket" border="0" alt=""/>

But in some pics JS Bach looks more like you...

Zosimo
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 4:21 pm

Zosimo,
I turned the temp up to 160F. I hope this is not to hot, I don't think it is though.
The CM is about 90% dry now.
Hmm
Interesting photo.
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 11:47 pm

Hey guys,
The CM finally dried!
[img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 GW25[/img]
I put it in a flask then added the spirit to it. I will now let it digest for several weeks.
[img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 GW26[/img][img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 GW27[/img][img]GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 Gw28[/img]
Nick,
I sealed the flask with furnace cement for the digestion. It seals very hard.
Back to top Go down
Zosimo

Zosimo

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 5:21 pm

Kevin saidThe CM finally dried!
Looks really pretty!
Kevin saidI sealed the flask with furnace cement for the digestion. It seals very hard.
Don't understand why.
Tolkien could express it this way...
A though to think it
A seal to close it
An hammer to break it.

Smile Zosimo
Back to top Go down
kevinpaw123

kevinpaw123

Male

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:32 pm

Zosimo,

Funny!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GW method may be much faster and safer though   GW method may be much faster and safer though - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GW method may be much faster and safer though
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next